Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 618 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565115515 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Question whats goin on..

hey any1 who finished their investigation packet...for the employment section..how did u remember the dates u worked in a certain spot..? is there any agency that will tell u this?

6xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant195 View Post
    JohhnboyI think it actually depends on when the guys quit or get booted from the academy. From what I was told this class they had about 15 or so drop the first day or two and they did fill those spots with other people because they had not started any instruction. Not sure if this is always the case but its what I was told happened this class. Anyone else hear this?
    Yes they do refill the classes in the beginning, this class (january 20th?) like 30+ quit the first week, could'nt do the run, resigned, etc. So they called up like another 50 on january 25th to refill the class and i think like 15 of them also failed the run. It was also on the department orders. FDNYINSIDER.COM A couple of guys I know from school are in the current class now and said it has been very intense(more than usual) FST, motiv alley, smokehouse,etc and many cant cut it. One of the DI's told them that they are going to amp this up and fail as many probies as possible with the new list because a lot of guys are ****ed off about the lowering of the standards and they are worried about the quality of the candidates.
    Last edited by Queens6019; 02-19-2008 at 02:16 AM.

Forum Member

what do you mean they fail the "run" is it a certain amount of mile that you have to run and if you dont finish your out ? nad this is done on the first day ?
    Last edited by tonyda; 02-19-2008 at 08:37 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by tonyda View Post
    what do you mean they fail the "run" is it a certain amount of mile that you have to run and if you dont finish your out ? nad this is done on the first day ?
    Yes....we expect you to be in shape...there is a small window where you if you fall within on the first run where you are allowed to stay but must show up for remedial (before and after class for extra running)

It is done I believe in the first week.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

IIRC, it's 1.5 miles in under 12 minutes to pass; between 12-13 minutes to pass, but get sent to remedial; and anything over 13 minutes is booted. I have also heard that it's 4 pull-ups, 30 push-ups, and 30 sit-ups. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's definitely awesome to hear that they're kickin butt in the first couple weeks to weed out the folks that can't hack it. But, I am surprised they are tough on the class that is going through now, as they are off the old hiring list and process. Although, I understand that, since the physical test for that batch was quite a few years ago, perhaps many of the people have gotten out of shape since then.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

any info in about what number there up too on the cpat stuff..and how are the prep classes going, what do they do with you, etc

Forum Member

wow thats good to know is . i should say that i'm not on any list for ny but iam on a list for jersey and i hope they have something like that too. is this like an obsticle course would you have to performe these tasks back to back and do you have to do it everyday ? i'm good with everything else but the running i might have to speed up a little but not much.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    They are telling us to gear up for the July class of 300 but I don't know how they would go through 1200 names for a class of 300.
    I thought the same thing but at our prep class last week it came up. The Luitenant said that quite a few can't prove the residency they claimed (thus drop a few thousand slots), a few can't pass the medical in time (providing all written accounts from past doctors on surgeries & etc), and others just defer, either because they're finishing up school, or a job, or don't think they're in shape enough to head into the academy. I sit in the mid 300s, so I'm hoping he's right.

Forum Member

Wow thats nice to hear. Im glad its like that. I was wondering what the smokehouse is? If anyone anything about that please do tell
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Its a training building that they burn a lot of real hay in and smoke it out heavily compared as to using just propane for the controlled burn simulations and you dont mask up, some people freak out, cant see sh*t, cant take the smoke, wind up realizing that this job isnt for them and quit. Takes a toll on your body, Bad headaches, etc. This is what I hear.
    Last edited by Queens6019; 02-19-2008 at 04:59 PM.

Forum Member

Just a heads up, The DI's regularly check this website and others (youtube, google, myspace, facebook, the rant). Dont give them any information for them to blast you with when you get to the rock. Conceal your identity, never post anything that will give you up (full list number, name, etc).
    So if you havent done so already make your profiles private, or delete your last name, or take down anything that could be potentially be used against you pics, info, videos etc. They will call you out in front of the whole class and put your webpage on the projector, have you get on stage doing pushups, you'll get a nickname for the rest of the class it may follow to your firehouse, etc. You want to remain anonymous when you go to the rock and not bring any attention to yourself.

If your job hunting in the private sector many companies have special passwords that they pay facebook for that allow them to see peoples pages, they do this all the time someone submits a resume.

MembersZone Subscriber

Does anyone have any idea what number they will reach by the time this list expires? Im 51xx. Just wanting to know if I even had a chance.
    Last edited by nickl428; 02-19-2008 at 06:46 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nickl428 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea what number they will reach by the time this list expires? Im 5189. Just wanting to know if I even had a chance.
    look @ the message above yours dude - something to think about...thanks for heads up queens

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the heads up man!!

Shawshank

Default anyone?

Anyone have an answer or insight to my question from page 15????
    Don't be a know it all! Be a know a lot!

FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Anyone have an answer or insight to my question from page 15????
    No one can answer that for sure cause they haven't started CPAT's yet. If they start them in March or April and the first class is in June, then you could get called for the 2nd or 3rd class. This could be Jan or June of '09 which would lead us to think you can go for your cpat anywhere from Nov-Dec of 08 til March-May of 09.

Let me just say that if you're worried because of fitness you'll be fine. You have at least 9 or 10 months which is enough to do 2 or 3 workout cycles. If you're worried cause of something else...good luck!

Shawshank

Default not worried yet

Fla, Thanks for the info. I'm not really worried, I was just wondering the whole time frame that the department works on. A long one I can see. I can take more tests this season it looks like then. Thanks again
    Don't be a know it all! Be a know a lot!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nickl428 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up man!!
    no prob. just keep believing. i spoke on the phone to some guy at the FDNY recruitment like 2 weeks ago and he said that the first 4000 guys could be more than sure that they'll be hired (taking into consideration that they pass everything that DCAS is going to throw at them: medical, physical, and other b.s. =)), but he also said that more than likely they're going to reach beyond that number of first 4000 people - obviously people are going to be failing left and right, not getting their stuff together or just changing their mind at the last minute. don't worry bro - your number doesn't look bad at all. i know for a fact that in the former list they've reached well beyond the 5000 mark (6000 also if i'm not mistaken). the only difference for the first 4000 is that we'll get the cpat prep class. i'm standing in the 3300s and i've got to be waiting till at least the beginning of '09 for that class and the whole processing. looking at your number you should be called around the beginning of 2010. don't quote me on this - these are just rough estimates. bottom line is: don't loose faith and your dream job will come to you sooner than you think. i keep telling myself all that. just stay in decent physical shape and you'll get it - don't kill yourself with anything - that's what the instructors at the rock are for =)

Default Flaherty

I just called the recruitment office to enquire when I would be called. I'm in the 1,500's and she said that I would be called with the next group. They currently called up to 1,020.
    She couldn't say when the next group would be called.

Is anyone in the current group?
    Can you give an idea of what's going on? Did they give you a test date for the CPAT? Are they adding people to this group for the CPAT or is this group closed?
    Are they weeding people out already?

Default Anyone start the prep program

What is the prep program about?
    Are they weeding people out already?
    Did they give you a date for the CPAT?

Thread Information