Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 618 FirstFirst ... 55105145152153154155156157158165205255 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Last edited by Figh17ting; 05-03-2009 at 03:26 PM.

Default Test Grades!

Hey guys, question if you guys are in the low 1000's what are your written test grades out of curiosity?

MembersZone Subscriber

There must be a lot of people between 1000-1600 that didn't complete the process or were ineligible for hire or something.

It's looks like it's taken less than 100 list numbers to get this class. I believe it. What perplexes me is that they (CID) was telling people in the 1300-1400-1500 range that they would be up for Jan 09. So with that said, either they were way off in predicting how far they would get on the list for the 300 man class (which doesn't surprise me) or there is a lot of ineligible people in the coming list numbers.

Since I was told I was in, I declined a firefighter position in an upstate department. That's the only bad part about this whole change!

On a good note. My EMS civil service list number is coming up and I'll get to finish up my 4 year degree.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default fdny boy fom the ridge

what are the requirements to promote to lt in fdny?how many years of service, a degree?I'm curious

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by randell713 View Post
    what are the requirements to promote to lt in fdny?how many years of service, a degree?I'm curious
    PROMOTION TO LIEUTENANT

ELIGIBILITY TO TAKE EXAMINATION: This examination is open to each employee of the Fire Department who on the date of the multiple-choice test:
    (1) is permanently (not provisionally) employed in or appears on a preferred list for the title of
    Firefighter, or in the title of Wiper (Uniformed), Pilot, Marine Engineer (Uniformed-Fire
    Department), Fire Marshal (Uniformed), or Supervising Fire Marshal (Uniformed), which title was acquired as a result of promotion from Firefighter; and
    (2) who has served permanently in such title or titles for a period of not less than three years; and
    (3) is not otherwise ineligible.
    (Note: A "Preferred List" is a civil service list which is only for certain former permanent incumbents of the eligible title who have rehiring rights.)
    If you do not know your permanent title or whether you are on a Preferred List, check with your agency’s personnel office. You may be given the test before a review of your eligibility. You are responsible for determining whether or not you meet the eligibility requirements for this examination prior to submitting your application. If you are marked “Not Eligible”, your application fee will not be refunded and your test paper(s) will not be rated.

EDUCATION REQUIREMENT:
    By the date of promotion, you must have accumulated 60 college credits or the educational equivalent of 60 college credits.
    The 60 college credits must have been earned as a result of satisfactory completion of course work at a college or university accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation ("CHEA"). Non-collegiate training programs that are offered by various organizations, including the Fire Department, may be acceptable as educational equivalents of college credits if the programs have been evaluated by the Program on Non-Collegiate Sponsored Instruction ("PONSI") or the American Council on Education ("ACE"), and recommended for college-level credit. Promotees must present all the official documents and proof required to qualify to the Fire Department's Promotion Desk no later than one month prior to the date of promotion.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by flatbush157 View Post
    There must be a lot of people between 1000-1600 that didn't complete the process or were ineligible for hire or something.

It's looks like it's taken less than 100 list numbers to get this class. I believe it. What perplexes me is that they (CID) was telling people in the 1300-1400-1500 range that they would be up for Jan 09. So with that said, either they were way off in predicting how far they would get on the list for the 300 man class (which doesn't surprise me) or there is a lot of ineligible people in the coming list numbers.

Since I was told I was in, I declined a firefighter position in an upstate department. That's the only bad part about this whole change!

On a good note. My EMS civil service list number is coming up and I'll get to finish up my 4 year degree.

Keep in mind that there may have been more deferals than people knew of. Remember not everyone on the 6019 list posts on this forum.

Also, there may have been several people, let's just say under list # 887, who were called in with the first group early last year that were processing for July 08 that didn't finish some part of the process. Specifically the medical portion where if you fail the stairs the first time you come back a month later, then if you fail a second time i believe you get 60 or 90 days to go get checked out by a doctor to get cleared then come back to BHS. This all takes several months to do. If you were called in in April for your medical and this scenario happened, there is no way you were making that July class of 300. There may have been several guys who were not cleared until well after the class was started.

If you look back at previous posts when they were getting ready to send letters out for the July 08 run, it seems as though they were scrambling just to get enough guys together that were fully qualified and ready to go. Again this is all speculation and me just trying to make sense of what happened. Just my opinion.

Forum Member

Too all those on here who are feeling down due to the fact that what we thought was so close in our reach is now so far...But hopefully we will all make it one day. Keep our heads up and realize that we will still hopefully one day have our chance at the best job in the world. As long as we have patience, it'll be that much sweeter when we get the call.

Let's use this time to prepare ourselves both mentally and physically, train hard and injury-proof ourselves....and when our time comes we will be able to kick *** and prove that we have what it takes to be the best firemen in the world, and to accept nothing but excellence and perfection in our duties and actions, and to carry-on the great traditions and values of the FDNY. Afterall, all great things come with time.

One a sidenote, just wondering how old everyone is? I'm 22, will be 23 in March. I'm also wondering what the average age for probies are in the academy.
    Last edited by coooGy; 12-10-2008 at 09:55 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdny2b View Post
    Ok guys, I was a metrotech yesterday and was told some interesting information.

BHS Nurse: "We have done 1250 Medicals and 200 or so have passed"
    FDNY2b: "Holy crow, how will they fill the class?"
    BHS Nurse: "I'm not sure if its possible by the end of next month"
    FDNY2b: "What about the promo's"
    BHS Nurse: "About 70 of them got through here, but they are running before you guys this weekend I hear. I'm sure 50 or so will pass"

She did clarify that more that 200 have now passed since she said they get several guys in every day for stair retake and eye exams after surgery.

My investigator was out so I spoke to a different one to make sure in person I am 100% done

FDNY2b: "Is my investigation closed?"
    Investigator: "Computer says qualified does he have your cell number?'
    FDNY2b: "Yes"
    Investigator: "You will get a call early next week then a letter"
    FDNY2b: "My investigator said my run will be on the 8th"
    Investigator: "Not anymore they have all been moved back a week as of now"
    FDNY2b: "So I will be running on the 15th"
    Investigator: "I wouldn't count on it, we only have 98 candidates fully qualified right now"

So this is not conjecture I was told this stuff directly the feeling I got from the investigator without writing more dialog is that the pre-academy run may not even happen for the June class, it seems like too much change to fast for CID. Both the medical staff and CID are stressed and their back is against the wall to produce a class in a short time

That said we need to be running sub 12min right now so don't slack on the cardio.
    Here is one of the previous posts that I was referring to. This leads me to believe that there may have been several people who didn't qualify in time for July 2008 and may have been called this time around.

Forum Member

Bloomberg orders more spending cutsTHE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    6:18 AM EST, December 10, 2008
    Mayor Michael Bloomberg is plunging his knife back into the budget and ordering all city agencies to slash spending by another 7 percent for next year, a month after he already proposed unpopular cuts and tax hikes amid a grim economic slowdown.

In a letter sent late Tuesday and provided to The Associated Press, Bloomberg's budget director Mark Page warned agency heads that tax collections in November were even lower than forecast, "continuing an alarming trend" amid a nationwide recession.

"The outlook for the U.S. and city economies has deteriorated," Page wrote.

Agency heads are required to submit spending reductions to the mayor's budget office by Dec. 22. The plans must identify specific cuts to reach a 7 percent reduction, or $1.4 billion citywide, in fiscal year 2010, which begins in July. The belt-tightening order comes after the mayor already ordered a 2.5 percent reduction this fiscal year and 5 percent in 2010.

"We are going to have an enormous problem," Bloomberg told reporters Tuesday. "Even with all of the cuts that we have proposed, even with all of the revenue increases that we've proposed, we probably have a few billion dollars deficit."

A gap of $1.3 billion is still forecast for fiscal 2010, Page noted in his letter. Multibillion-dollar deficits loom in the next few years.

Bloomberg, an independent who is running for re-election next year, already is in the midst of contentious negotiations with the City Council over his last round of cuts announced in November.

He presented a budget update that proposed cutting hundreds of jobs, canceling the next class of police cadets, raising various fees and fines, closing health clinics and reducing nighttime staffing at some firehouses. He also is seeking to eliminate two pieces of property tax relief, including a program that sends $400 rebate checks to homeowners.

The rebate program, if revoked, would put $256 million back into the budget. It remains a sticking point in the negotiations with the City Council and is the subject of a pending lawsuit.

Council members, including Speaker Christine Quinn, have come up with their own proposals. A bill to raise the city's hotel tax -- a move Bloomberg has opposed -- was introduced on Tuesday. The tax would go up by 0.875 percent, generating an estimated $80 million by the end of fiscal 2010.

For a room rate of $300, the increase would amount to $2.62 per night.

Bloomberg said he had had "heated" discussions with Quinn.

"She's trying to do what she thinks is right," he said. "We're trying to do what we think is right."

Bloomberg also has said he is not ruling out raising income taxes. Those could go up by as much as 15 percent, meaning an annual increase of $233 for a resident earning between $50,000 and $70,000 a year.

Forum Member

Unhappy No Way!

On a good note. My EMS civil service list number is coming up and I'll get to finish up my 4 year degree.[/QUOTE]

Flatbush ... Did they say their establishing your civil service list before the february 09 promotion exam ??????? cuz somone i know who filed in february 06 got his civil service last spring. If you get yours before the feb. exam that would mean 2 civil service lists which would be around 700 possible candidates, would be eligible to promote over to fire next year. Usually its 1 civil service list per promotion exam, but If thats the case I and everyone around 4000 have NO CHANCE of being called.
    Side note.... Its hard to keep your head-up.
    39xx.

Smile Friday's run

My investiagtor called me yesterday afternoon and faxed me a copy of "the letter" for the run on Friday. Good luck to those of you who are running on Friday as well.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coooGy View Post
    One a sidenote, just wondering how old everyone is? I'm 22, will be 23 in March. I'm also wondering what the average age for probies are in the academy.
    Well my dude, I just turned 27 in Sept. I did what Calm said in one of his previous posts. I didn't do to well enough on the last test so I completed my degree and went out and got a career and made sure i would be ready for the next test, because it would be my last shot. So i've been "preparing myself" for a while now.
    I think the average age of probies are about mid-twenties, because meeting a bunch of fellow candidates everyone was around 23-27 with a few in the 30's and some second/third generation guys under 21.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    My investiagtor called me yesterday afternoon and faxed me a copy of "the letter" for the run on Friday. Good luck to those of you who are running on Friday as well.
    Hey Cuzzz, did you happen to get any useful info from your investigator on if people in the really low 1000's will also get a shot? or any numbers to where they are up to in general?
    Oh sorry forgot to give congrats Cuzzz, good luck on your run man.
    Last edited by I3akdraf; 12-10-2008 at 11:19 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    Congrats, Cuzzzz2259! As I3akdraf mentioned above, do you have any news on how far they've reached for the run? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and congrats again!
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    Hey Cuzzz, did you happen to get any useful info from your investigator on if people in the really low 1000's will also get a shot? or any numbers to where they are up to in general?
    I tried, but she wouldn't give that information up. The best info I got was the day prior, when a lady at CID said that 20 more letters were going out for the 2nd run. No figures were given either. I will find out on Friday what number they got up to.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Default fdny

About how long is the process of getting permanent civil service status as an EMT?

Also what is the wait like to get into the EMS?

congrats dude, way to be

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coooGy View Post

I'm 26 right now and will literally just make the cutoff to apply for the next test if it comes to that (I have faith that it won't). I've met a guy who was in the academy when he was 32. I've also met a guy who was waiting to turn 21 to be eligible. 13akdraf's post was on point. So I don't know why I just wrote that.....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I'm 26 right now and will literally just make the cutoff to apply for the next test if it comes to that (I have faith that it won't). I've met a guy who was in the academy when he was 32. I've also met a guy who was waiting to turn 21 to be eligible. 13akdraf's post was on point. So I don't know why I just wrote that.....
    Guys range in age from 21 to mid 30's. In my squad our squad leader was 38. so ages are all over. Also depends on how far along the list is. the later classes will see some of the older guys

Forum Member

Thumbs down

i just recieved a phone call from CID and the january class has been postponed because of budget cuts from the mayors office. The woman who called me said she was unsure of when the class would go in and couldnt tell me if it would be in a week, a month or a year.

Thread Information