Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    fla just out of curiosity about where do you sit on 6019?
    I got a 93.xxx and im in the early 8 thousands...the 5 points would have put me in the early 2 thousands. I'm kinda waitin on the next test haha.

Forum Member

i hear ya man, i didnt have residency just veterans credit,which put me in the mid 2600s. iam probly gonna spend 1 more summer on li then move to bayside to get residency credits. although iam hoping to get called on 6019 it doesnt look to favorable

Forum Member

Default Fdny

Is Tier 5 with the 25 year retiremnet going to happen or is that off the table?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    Is Tier 5 with the 25 year retiremnet going to happen or is that off the table?
    Off the table for now. King Bloomberg isn't going to let it die though.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Hey hows it going im new to this thread im list #25**, I have recieved no paperwork as far as a physical or a background check or to visit a special investigator...If I was supposed to recieve anything by now can someone please let me know and who I may contact thanks....P.S. im currently with DSNY my time goes on the back end?? and say they put this tier 5 in do I gotta go into that if I join the FDNY or do i stay under my tier 4???

Forum Member

i posted my message but i dont see it on the thread

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    Off the table for now. King Bloomberg isn't going to let it die though.

FTM-PTB
    F that guy
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

Default whats up guys

whats up guys ...it took me two years to join this thing, but finally did.....

Forum Member

Smile hi

how does this thing work

Forum Member

Default DSNY to FDNY

As of August 2007 Gov Pataki passed a bill and.....Your time from DSNY counts UP-FRONT going to FDNY. If you have 5 years on DSNY and go to FDNY then you have to do 15 years on FDNY to retire and get a full pension with the Variable Supplement. Here is the link to prove it.

http://www.ufoa.org/spec_messages/servicecredit.html

the only this is that you have to go back to bottom pay.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcals3 View Post
    Hey hows it going im new to this thread im list #25**, I have recieved no paperwork as far as a physical or a background check or to visit a special investigator...If I was supposed to recieve anything by now can someone please let me know and who I may contact thanks....P.S. im currently with DSNY my time goes on the back end?? and say they put this tier 5 in do I gotta go into that if I join the FDNY or do i stay under my tier 4???

Im also on DSNY. Are any other guys at your garage on the FDNT list? Im not sure what happens if they put in this Tier 5 thing.

Forum Member

no not that i know of...does anyone know of what number they reached for the physical or investigations???

Forum Member

Thumbs up

i think they got up to 1500, something like that

Forum Member

Default Fdny

Quote Originally Posted by kingcals3 View Post
    no not that i know of...does anyone know of what number they reached for the physical or investigations???

They reached the low 2000's

Forum Member

Default ?

cloud2810, were u one of the 105 guys ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default To all that live in the 5 boroughs

Take a copy of this and take it to your local shop owners ask to put it in their window.

Take a copy to the library and put it on the communty bulletin board.

Take a copy to the next community board meeting and ask them questions if your local firehouse is going to be closed by Mayor Bloomberg becuase he wants to close 12 more firehouses on Jan. 1 but won't tell the City council which ones are on the block.

http://www.ufanyc.org/pdf/052109ufa.pdf

Forum Member

Im sitting just above 2000. Still waiting like everyone else. I haven't taken my medical yet and I was wondering if having previous concussions is a problem? Or if I need hospital paperwork for that? I don't have any brain problems, or problems remembering anything, just concussions from football as a kid. any help would be much appreciated. good luck to everyone and stay safe.

Forum Member

Default Music

hey guys i remember one day eveRyone was talking about music, here is a really good rock song to work out to the band is rise against - survive.....the lyrics are sick too...makes you feel a little better ....

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ter 5

kingcals3,

From the union meeting we went to Any New Hire would go under Ter 5 only rehires would be put under Ter 4 (if people got laid off and rehired they would stay under Ter 4). I am not sure if you are considered a new hire or if a transfer is considered a new hire for the FDNY/city. IF you find that out you will have your answer.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by maples View Post
    Im sitting just above 2000. Still waiting like everyone else. I haven't taken my medical yet and I was wondering if having previous concussions is a problem? Or if I need hospital paperwork for that? I don't have any brain problems, or problems remembering anything, just concussions from football as a kid. any help would be much appreciated. good luck to everyone and stay safe.
    I wouldn't mention anything about it unless the doctors find out. I had a concussion in my early teens and they didn't ask so i didn't tell and nothing came up about it during my medical.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ant195 View Post
    kingcals3,

From the union meeting we went to Any New Hire would go under Ter 5 only rehires would be put under Ter 4 (if people got laid off and rehired they would stay under Ter 4). I am not sure if you are considered a new hire or if a transfer is considered a new hire for the FDNY/city. IF you find that out you will have your answer.
    Just a clairification. We are under Tier II(or Tier I if hired prior to 1973). (III and IV don't apply to us, only to civilains hired since 1983)

Tier 5 would (at Bloombergs request) include firemen and cops.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 6fthook View Post
    Shouldn't there be some confidentiality with the list or something? I guess not.

I believe it's up to the mid 800's for the first class to get an approximate 200 recruits (the rest ems promos). For the investigation, physical, med, psych, I think they went up to about 2100's. My numbers could be slightly wrong though so don't quote me on them.
    I'm 2004 and I only did my CPAT (which I passed). Just recently got a letter saying I passed even though it's been about 6-9 mths since I did so.

Strange....

Forum Member

just out of curiosity how many here are optimistic that this list will exceed 4000? or even 3000 at that ? i used to be sure but with all this news about closures ,bloomberg etc iam a little nervous about it

FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    just out of curiosity how many here are optimistic that this list will exceed 4000? or even 3000 at that ? i used to be sure but with all this news about closures ,bloomberg etc iam a little nervous about it
    I think there is no way we can ever know until the time comes. I hate that answer but it's the city ya know? As for Doomberg, chumps like him love this stuff. They win either way. Everyone get's outraged and terrified that they are closing firehouses and then Ol' Mikey and his administration come in on their white horses and save the day by some how 'finding money' to keep them open. Then you vote for them. And if they close, more money for them to overpay for community projects to questionable builders. The fact that any government would cut from public safety is truly difficult to understand. It is one of, if not the only, section of the government where all of their budget is accounted for and locked pretty tight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLA1786 View Post
    I think there is no way we can ever know until the time comes. I hate that answer but it's the city ya know? As for Doomberg, chumps like him love this stuff. They win either way. Everyone get's outraged and terrified that they are closing firehouses and then Ol' Mikey and his administration come in on their white horses and save the day by some how 'finding money' to keep them open. Then you vote for them. And if they close, more money for them to overpay for community projects to questionable builders. The fact that any government would cut from public safety is truly difficult to understand. It is one of, if not the only, section of the government where all of their budget is accounted for and locked pretty tight.

This......

Thread Information