Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

  1. #4051
    FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    fla just out of curiosity about where do you sit on 6019?
    I got a 93.xxx and im in the early 8 thousands...the 5 points would have put me in the early 2 thousands. I'm kinda waitin on the next test haha.

  2. #4052
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    474

    Default

    i hear ya man, i didnt have residency just veterans credit,which put me in the mid 2600s. iam probly gonna spend 1 more summer on li then move to bayside to get residency credits. although iam hoping to get called on 6019 it doesnt look to favorable

  3. #4053
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    538

    Default Fdny

    Is Tier 5 with the 25 year retiremnet going to happen or is that off the table?

  4. #4054
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    Is Tier 5 with the 25 year retiremnet going to happen or is that off the table?
    Off the table for now. King Bloomberg isn't going to let it die though.

    FTM-PTB

  5. #4055
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Hey hows it going im new to this thread im list #25**, I have recieved no paperwork as far as a physical or a background check or to visit a special investigator...If I was supposed to recieve anything by now can someone please let me know and who I may contact thanks....P.S. im currently with DSNY my time goes on the back end?? and say they put this tier 5 in do I gotta go into that if I join the FDNY or do i stay under my tier 4???

  6. #4056
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    44

    Default

    i posted my message but i dont see it on the thread

  7. #4057
    Forum Member
    SleepyHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    Off the table for now. King Bloomberg isn't going to let it die though.

    FTM-PTB
    F that guy
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

  8. #4058
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    89

    Default whats up guys

    whats up guys ...it took me two years to join this thing, but finally did.....

  9. #4059
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    89

    Smile hi

    how does this thing work

  10. #4060
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    538

    Default DSNY to FDNY

    As of August 2007 Gov Pataki passed a bill and.....Your time from DSNY counts UP-FRONT going to FDNY. If you have 5 years on DSNY and go to FDNY then you have to do 15 years on FDNY to retire and get a full pension with the Variable Supplement. Here is the link to prove it.

    http://www.ufoa.org/spec_messages/servicecredit.html

    the only this is that you have to go back to bottom pay.

  11. #4061
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcals3 View Post
    Hey hows it going im new to this thread im list #25**, I have recieved no paperwork as far as a physical or a background check or to visit a special investigator...If I was supposed to recieve anything by now can someone please let me know and who I may contact thanks....P.S. im currently with DSNY my time goes on the back end?? and say they put this tier 5 in do I gotta go into that if I join the FDNY or do i stay under my tier 4???

    Im also on DSNY. Are any other guys at your garage on the FDNT list? Im not sure what happens if they put in this Tier 5 thing.

  12. #4062
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    44

    Default

    no not that i know of...does anyone know of what number they reached for the physical or investigations???

  13. #4063
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    89

    Thumbs up

    i think they got up to 1500, something like that

  14. #4064
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    538

    Default Fdny

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcals3 View Post
    no not that i know of...does anyone know of what number they reached for the physical or investigations???

    They reached the low 2000's

  15. #4065
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    89

    Default ?

    cloud2810, were u one of the 105 guys ?

  16. #4066
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere
    Posts
    4,191

    Default To all that live in the 5 boroughs

    Take a copy of this and take it to your local shop owners ask to put it in their window.

    Take a copy to the library and put it on the communty bulletin board.

    Take a copy to the next community board meeting and ask them questions if your local firehouse is going to be closed by Mayor Bloomberg becuase he wants to close 12 more firehouses on Jan. 1 but won't tell the City council which ones are on the block.

    http://www.ufanyc.org/pdf/052109ufa.pdf

  17. #4067
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Im sitting just above 2000. Still waiting like everyone else. I haven't taken my medical yet and I was wondering if having previous concussions is a problem? Or if I need hospital paperwork for that? I don't have any brain problems, or problems remembering anything, just concussions from football as a kid. any help would be much appreciated. good luck to everyone and stay safe.

  18. #4068
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    89

    Default Music

    hey guys i remember one day eveRyone was talking about music, here is a really good rock song to work out to the band is rise against - survive.....the lyrics are sick too...makes you feel a little better ....

  19. #4069
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    315

    Default Ter 5

    kingcals3,

    From the union meeting we went to Any New Hire would go under Ter 5 only rehires would be put under Ter 4 (if people got laid off and rehired they would stay under Ter 4). I am not sure if you are considered a new hire or if a transfer is considered a new hire for the FDNY/city. IF you find that out you will have your answer.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

  20. #4070
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bed-Stuy Brooklyn
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maples View Post
    Im sitting just above 2000. Still waiting like everyone else. I haven't taken my medical yet and I was wondering if having previous concussions is a problem? Or if I need hospital paperwork for that? I don't have any brain problems, or problems remembering anything, just concussions from football as a kid. any help would be much appreciated. good luck to everyone and stay safe.
    I wouldn't mention anything about it unless the doctors find out. I had a concussion in my early teens and they didn't ask so i didn't tell and nothing came up about it during my medical.

  21. #4071
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ant195 View Post
    kingcals3,

    From the union meeting we went to Any New Hire would go under Ter 5 only rehires would be put under Ter 4 (if people got laid off and rehired they would stay under Ter 4). I am not sure if you are considered a new hire or if a transfer is considered a new hire for the FDNY/city. IF you find that out you will have your answer.
    Just a clairification. We are under Tier II(or Tier I if hired prior to 1973). (III and IV don't apply to us, only to civilains hired since 1983)

    Tier 5 would (at Bloombergs request) include firemen and cops.

    FTM-PTB

  22. #4072
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 6fthook View Post
    Shouldn't there be some confidentiality with the list or something? I guess not.

    I believe it's up to the mid 800's for the first class to get an approximate 200 recruits (the rest ems promos). For the investigation, physical, med, psych, I think they went up to about 2100's. My numbers could be slightly wrong though so don't quote me on them.
    I'm 2004 and I only did my CPAT (which I passed). Just recently got a letter saying I passed even though it's been about 6-9 mths since I did so.

    Strange....

  23. #4073
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    474

    Default

    just out of curiosity how many here are optimistic that this list will exceed 4000? or even 3000 at that ? i used to be sure but with all this news about closures ,bloomberg etc iam a little nervous about it

  24. #4074
    FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    just out of curiosity how many here are optimistic that this list will exceed 4000? or even 3000 at that ? i used to be sure but with all this news about closures ,bloomberg etc iam a little nervous about it
    I think there is no way we can ever know until the time comes. I hate that answer but it's the city ya know? As for Doomberg, chumps like him love this stuff. They win either way. Everyone get's outraged and terrified that they are closing firehouses and then Ol' Mikey and his administration come in on their white horses and save the day by some how 'finding money' to keep them open. Then you vote for them. And if they close, more money for them to overpay for community projects to questionable builders. The fact that any government would cut from public safety is truly difficult to understand. It is one of, if not the only, section of the government where all of their budget is accounted for and locked pretty tight.

  25. #4075
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLA1786 View Post
    I think there is no way we can ever know until the time comes. I hate that answer but it's the city ya know? As for Doomberg, chumps like him love this stuff. They win either way. Everyone get's outraged and terrified that they are closing firehouses and then Ol' Mikey and his administration come in on their white horses and save the day by some how 'finding money' to keep them open. Then you vote for them. And if they close, more money for them to overpay for community projects to questionable builders. The fact that any government would cut from public safety is truly difficult to understand. It is one of, if not the only, section of the government where all of their budget is accounted for and locked pretty tight.


    This......

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Test 6019-Union Square Protest
    By exp1isastreet in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 10:31 PM
  2. List #6019
    By ffbam24 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 08:59 PM
  3. FDNY List #6019
    By MailBox123 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 06:54 PM
  4. FDNY Exam #6019????
    By HouyBoy in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 10:50 AM
  5. FDNY Exam #6019-John Jay College Forum
    By exp1isastreet in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register