Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 618 FirstFirst ... 65115155162163164165166167168175215265 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

It's a few things: stairmaster heart rate test, vision, hearing, ekg, see a doctor, x-rays if needed, blood work, drug test and I may have left out something but nothing major. I had to see their doc (a 2nd time) because of a prior surgery.

Forum Member

what was the prior injury?

Forum Member

I don't want to put the cart before the horse but has anyone heard with the way the economy is going and the anticipated budget cuts over the next year or two, whether the city anticipates to extend the list?

Forum Member

dude no one knows anything lol its gonna depend on what happens in the next two years lol

I'm planning on taking the 2011 exam..i know it's a ways off, but i don't think it's too early to start preparing, especially since FDNY hiring is tough and the economy is crap. But what do you say to a person like me? Is it a lost cause? Regardless of exam scores, is my name gonna be so far down the list, it isn't even worth the wait? Any input is welcome. I'm just out to figure out what the hell i should do.

Thanks guys (for all you do already).

Forum Member

hey is anybody in the same boat as me........

started the processing in late august......had the "interview" and the CPAT.....

was never really in line to make jan. 2009, but prolly was on pace to get in the summer....

then all this $hit happened, so everyone got pushed back....

the question is:

Do you think they will continue the processing for a guy's around our numbers......medical & pshyc just to get it done and overwith????

thanx....

#20xx

Forum Member

Guys, I can't say it enough: stick with it! As bleak as it seems now, your first day in a firehouse is worth it, buckets and sink included. Stay in school, develop a career like Calm said, but never take your eyes off the prize. I said it before and I'll say it again: every step of the process is worth every ounce of pain. DON'T QUIT!!!!!

Forum Member

happy new year everyone =)

Forum Member

Post Chief

POLICE OFFICER POSTS OPEN; START AT $40G
    Top Pay $73G After 5-1/2 Years of Service; No Fee to Apply; Ongoing Tests Given; Need 60 College Credits Or Military Service

The NYPD is looking to hire THOUSANDS of Police Officers at a starting salary of $40,360, with maximum pay currently $73,546 after 5-1/2 years on the job.

Applications are accepted continuously, and there is no filing fee. For those who file on or before Jan. 15, 2009, exams will be held Feb. 20, 21, and 26 and March 1 at various locations.

i know the PD is under staffed and the FD is over but maybe things will start lookinG up

Quote Originally Posted by mike13310 View Post
    POLICE OFFICER POSTS OPEN; START AT $40G
    Top Pay $73G After 5-1/2 Years of Service; No Fee to Apply; Ongoing Tests Given; Need 60 College Credits Or Military Service

The NYPD is looking to hire THOUSANDS of Police Officers at a starting salary of $40,360, with maximum pay currently $73,546 after 5-1/2 years on the job.

Applications are accepted continuously, and there is no filing fee. For those who file on or before Jan. 15, 2009, exams will be held Feb. 20, 21, and 26 and March 1 at various locations.

i know the PD is under staffed and the FD is over but maybe things will start lookinG up
    Thanks for the heads up

Forum Member

Thumbs up heads high

Maybe things will start looking up soon, all we can do is train, hopefully the pd ad is a reflection of the city continuing with classes

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    any new rumors?
    Heard from my neighbor, who is a retired lieutenant, that there may be plans to push a class through in March before retesting for medicals would have to be redone. I know for myself I did my medical back in April so that would make so sense when you think that would only cost more funds to do so much retesting for about 100 candidates. But, remember, this is only a rumor.

Forum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    Heard from my neighbor, who is a retired lieutenant, that there may be plans to push a class through in March before retesting for medicals would have to be redone. I know for myself I did my medical back in April so that would make so sense when you think that would only cost more funds to do so much retesting for about 100 candidates. But, remember, this is only a rumor.

I heard the same from a capt. For my mental well being , I'm not really letting that rumor into my brain after a few kicks to the nuts last year. It would make a lot of sense for us and for the FDNY. Let's see how the mayor feels. The PD class is a good sign.

Forum Member

Lightbulb Take PD Test

While the city is in its hiring freeze, slowdown etc. PD is the only agency the city will have to allow to keep putting in classes since their 4000 under headcount. FD is so over staffed I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon, especially since layoffs are looking very possible. Also ems has a sh*t load of promotionals, around 1000 for the promotion exam in Feb for future hiring that will go before a lot of us. Only good rumor I've heard from numerous FD sources is 6019 will be around longer than 4 years, due to budget costs and 6019 was most expensive test given via recruting etc.
    Last edited by exam6019; 01-04-2009 at 08:03 AM.

Forum Member

There is not 1000 people taking the Feb EMS promo. There are 3 civil service lists at this point with approx. 700 people. EMS is pushing people through civil service status to get them all off the provisional lists so they don't get axed. EMS cannot afford layoffs. If you are a civil service EMS-EMT or Medic you can't get laid off. A lot of the people on these lists have not yet been on the job for a year (which is a requirement for the promo). At most there will be around 600 people taking the promo in feb. (which I know still is a lot) and thats if the thing isn't cancelled. EMS can't afford to lose that many people at one time. Its not like 600 guys go out and take the promo and then the next 2 classes are all EMS guys. Remember MOST EMS guys WILL NOT pass the medical and WILL NOT pass the run. I know there are a lot of guys in shape on EMS up for the promo but still no where near 1000 guys. Its not gonna put that big of a damper on you guys. Will see what happens come feb. Things sure will be interesting.

Layoffs?? hiring EMS guys??? hmmmmmm

Heard on the rant today that layoffs were off the table, hopefully that is a good rumor.

MembersZone Subscriber

Rumors are rampant are the moment, so I feel that they're pretty much useless to listen to.

I've heard everything from...

2000 laid off with 40 companies closed
    1500 laid off with 25 companies closed
    500 laid off with 25 companies
    The last class laid off with 10 companies
    10 companies closed

On another note, I even saw on another forum that we are soon going to cease to be the United States of America and become part of the North American Union which will include us, Canada and Mexico. So, if you're like me, you take rumors with a grain of salt because that is the craziest rumor I've ever heard.

But, I did speak with two union reps and they both indicated that layoffs look to be off the table at the moment. No more hiring anytime soon though.

There are also starting to be a number of protests by community boards, politicians and even a couple of Battalion Chiefs, so it might be a little harder than city hall thinks it will be to cut public safety.

At any rate, keep hope and don't give up on the dream.

Forum Member

what does the medical include?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fd211ny View Post
    what does the medical include?
    Read through the thread-lots of valuable information. This is from page 25 - ffbam's post.

"Pulmonary/lung function test, yes.
    Blowing into the tube for as long as you can then inhaling.

Blood draw
    Urine sample
    Pulmonary function
    Chest x-ray
    EKG
    Vision
    Hearing
    Stair stepper (220-age) x .9 = Max HR
    Doctor"

Forum Member

what do most people fail the medical?

Thread Information