Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

lol its not about being MAN enough to do 25 years lol if you have earned something and deserve something should you just give it up this is why there are unions...if there wasnt any unions there would be a bunch of illegals running around doing every job in this country with no pensions and getting paid 5 bucks an hour with no benefits...rite now its teir 5 and ten years from now its teir 6....throw some cold water on your face and wake up pal its not about being MAN enough its about not giving up things you deserve...

Forum Member

Default Fdny

Quote Originally Posted by kingcals3 View Post
    QCFrank I got one year with DSNY could retire by 43 so im not gonna change jobs for a tier 5 even though i really want the job but teir 5 would be taking money out of my families pocket.....If you agree with tier 5 your nuts lol 5 years is along time yeh you say now 20 years ill do 25 no problem but wouldnt you like to get paid for it???? they wanna take away from you so when your ready to retire you have nothing and now that same bottle of soda that costs $1 is $3 25 years from now cuz thats what happens in time...

Tier 5 still isnt a definite so hopefully it doesnt happen. Just know that your DSNY time counts on the front end. If you have 2 years with DSNY and transfer to FDNY, then you need to put in 18 years with FDNY to retire. You still start at bottom pay and lose seniority. I guess you got hired from the 2007 DSNY exam

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnyfreak View Post
    first and foremost: i'm not a kid. secondly, i'm not even going to get into this. right away you start playing your little blame-game. i'm very sorry man, but if you can't do 25 years in the FD, then maybe you should rethink your career goals and become a school teacher or an mta worker...
    If you arent willing and able to defend your views, maybe you should keep them to yourself. It reflects very poorly on you when you run from debate.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    If you arent willing and able to defend your views, maybe you should keep them to yourself. It reflects very poorly on you when you run from debate.

well, then maybe i WILL keep them to myself from now on - too much onesidedness here. but i'm not changing them. like i said before: it's not about giving up things, it's about getting along with everyone else and securing EVERYONE'S future without selfishness of just seeing yourself in a goddamn mirror. there's plenty more people around us than that image in the mirror...bros. - i don't hear other unions crying every time i open a paper - and they give up much more. some of them without a contract for as long as 14 years (YES!! FOURTEEN YEARS - that means they work for salaries from 14 years ago!). but hey. time will show soon enough where these 20-year pension systems will lead us. wait and see. good luck, you'll need it. 10-4.
    Last edited by fdnyfreak; 06-09-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Forum Member

well, then maybe i WILL keep them to myself from now on - too much onesidedness here. but i'm not changing them. like i said before: it's not about giving up things, it's about getting along with everyone else and securing EVERYONE'S future without selfishness of just seeing yourself in a goddamn mirror. there's plenty more people around us than that image in the mirror...bros. - i don't hear other unions crying every time i open a paper - and they give up much more. some of them without a contract for as long as 14 years (YES!! FOURTEEN YEARS - that means they work for salaries from 14 years ago!). but hey. time will show soon enough where this pension system will lead us. wait and see. good luck, you'll need it. 10-4.

So it is just empty rhetoric you were looking to express, and had no desire to actually debate the issue at hand. This is a discussion and information board....so it might not be a good idea to accuse those of us who are already on the job of being selfish without understanding the situation. but hey carry on, time will show you the error of your ways should you ever be lucky enough to get on our job.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    So it is just empty rhetoric you were looking to express, and had no desire to actually debate the issue at hand. This is a discussion and information board....so it might not be a good idea to accuse those of us who are already on the job of being selfish without understanding the situation. but hey carry on, time will show you the error of your ways should you ever be lucky enough to get on our job.
    between me and you man: i WISH i am wrong. i wish. it's just we don't live in a perfect world, unfortunately - and money for us does not grow on trees. the whole idea by doomberg & co. is where to take money from, and who to give it to. until this economic fallout everything was going in a decent manner. right now, pretty much, there isn't a place to take from, after wall street and housing market almost collapsed - that is why they come up with all those half-assed plans (taxing east river bridges and such, taxing city employees for their medical, etc.). big part of that money goes into an enormous pension payroll, which by the way grows bigger every year. i'll bet you any money they'll raise city tax in the next 2 years just to keep rolling. i wish i AM wrong.

MembersZone Subscriber

between me and you man: i WISH i am wrong. i wish. it's just we don't live in a perfect world, unfortunately - and money for us does not grow on trees. the whole idea by doomberg & co. is where to take money from, and who to give it to. until this economic fallout everything was going in a decent manner. right now, pretty much, there isn't a place to take from, after wall street and housing market almost collapsed - that is why they come up with all those half-assed plans (taxing east river bridges and such, taxing city employees for their medical, etc.). big part of that money goes into an enormous pension payroll, which by the way grows bigger every year. i'll bet you any money they'll raise city tax in the next 2 years just to keep rolling. i wish i AM wrong.
    So you can't discuss any facts surounding what you probably read in the NY Post (I know people, most "readers" of the POST are functional illiterates...but bear with me.)

Wow...so you got it all figured out at the age of what 20? You have a complete grasp of the pension funds and their respective health? Do you even know who the Comptroller is?

Have you ever read the NY Fire Dept. Pension Fund, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report?

You make overly vauge comments about unions crying in the papers, all I see is the power brokers, property owners, developers and other political hacks using misleading statements and poorly structured "studies" to fool dopes like you into believing that the working man doesn't deserve his current modest salary and benefits.

Do you suggest we should follow the private sector model in terms of compensation?

Questions:
    • How long have we had 20 year pensions?
    • How are they going to bankrupt the city?
    • What is the current amount spent on welfare?
    • Who failed in their fiduciary duty since the funds are bankrupting the city?
    • You think you know what Bloomberg is all about...has he since he entered office, enhanced firemen and police retirement benefits?

I'll leave you with this....you are naive and only educating yourself on how the world really works will correct this....here is a start to solidify my point:

From the NY Times:

CITY PENSION "FUNDS" ARE HEADED FOR BANKRUPTCY; Experts Find New York's "Funds" for Pensioning Policemen, Firemen, Teachers, and Other City Employes Are Really Huge, Hopeless Deficits, Incurred in Ignorance.

THE pension systems of the various important departments in the government of this city are headed straight for bankruptcy -- bankruptcy on a gigantic scale. It is true not only of the police department, but of the fire department and the education department as well.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Red face

i guess we just have to sit and wait to see what is going to happen...

i hope everything works out the way it should.....lets see..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    So you can't discuss any facts surounding what you probably read in the NY Post (I know people, most "readers" of the POST are functional illiterates...but bear with me.)

Wow...so you got it all figured out at the age of what 20? You have a complete grasp of the pension funds and their respective health? Do you even know who the Comptroller is?

Have you ever read the NY Fire Dept. Pension Fund, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report?

You make overly vauge comments about unions crying in the papers, all I see is the power brokers, property owners, developers and other political hacks using misleading statements and poorly structured "studies" to fool dopes like you into believing that the working man doesn't deserve his current modest salary and benefits.

Do you suggest we should follow the private sector model in terms of compensation?

Questions:
    • How long have we had 20 year pensions?
    • How are they going to bankrupt the city?
    • What is the current amount spent on welfare?
    • Who failed in their fiduciary duty since the funds are bankrupting the city?
    • You think you know what Bloomberg is all about...has he since he entered office, enhanced firemen and police retirement benefits?

I'll leave you with this....you are naive and only educating yourself on how the world really works will correct this....here is a start to solidify my point:

From the NY Times:

CITY PENSION "FUNDS" ARE HEADED FOR BANKRUPTCY; Experts Find New York's "Funds" for Pensioning Policemen, Firemen, Teachers, and Other City Employes Are Really Huge, Hopeless Deficits, Incurred in Ignorance.

THE pension systems of the various important departments in the government of this city are headed straight for bankruptcy -- bankruptcy on a gigantic scale. It is true not only of the police department, but of the fire department and the education department as well.

FTM-PTB
    alright, i'm not taking any more insults from you do**he bag. who am i? an economist now?? who you think you're talking to in this manner boy??? i don't recall meeting you - ever. another "internet macho" who shrinks to the size of an atom when faced with the world and real people. clearly, you are a pure bred, close-minded dummy. i told you what i knew and what i think, and if that is not enough, then excuse the f**k outta me. TIME WILL SHOW, i'm not a psychic, neither am i a nerdy a**hole like your sorry ignorant self who can't take an opinion different than his own. try to learn from other gentlemen here. and now be a good boy and f**k off.
    Last edited by fdnyfreak; 06-10-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Forum Member

alright, i'm not taking any more insults from you do**he bag. who am i? an economist now?? who you think you're talking to in this manner boy??? i don't recall meeting you - ever. another "internet macho" who shrinks to the size of an atom when faced with the world and real people. clearly, you are a pure bred, close-minded dummy. i told you what i knew and what i think, and if that is not enough, then excuse the f**k outta me. TIME WILL SHOW, i'm not a psychic, neither am i a nerdy a**hole like your sorry ignorant self who can't take an opinion different than his own. try to learn from other gentlemen here. and now be a good boy and f**k off.

Gee Fred, I guess he told you! With all your years on the job, you'd think he would have a little more respect. Tell ya what, I can get you a spot at The Rock when and if he makes the cut. Then he can tell you all that to your face. better yet, I could get him assigned to your house!

Let it go!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    Gee Fred, I guess he told you! With all your years on the job, you'd think he would have a little more respect. Tell ya what, I can get you a spot at The Rock when and if he makes the cut. Then he can tell you all that to your face. better yet, I could get him assigned to your house!

Let it go!

Hows retirement treating you Loo?

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm glad I swallowed my Gatorade before finishing that paragraph Lou!

(Ahhh...how to win friends and influence people on the job you're trying to get on in 34 posts or less.)
    Hey fdnyfreak*...nevermind. You'd probably give me a tongue lashing too.

Forum Member

A little while ago I jumped all over one of you for suggesting we leave a man behind because he said something that went against the grain. You were one of the candidates who took offense to it. To be fair, I was slightly out of line and maybe got a little too big for my proby scum britches. But you just plain old can't talk at a senior guy like that. This is how you're spoken to and dealt with as a proby or even a junior man when you open your mouth out of turn, so if you can't take a few needles online without getting your shorts twisted, you're gonna have a miserable career. Do yourself a favor and immerse yourself in getting this job and then standing by it and the brothers instead of worrying about how the county clerks or bus drivers in the city are being treated. They get what they rate and we get what we rate. And hell yes, we rate more than they do because it isn't a sure bet we're gonna make it home every tour.

FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default in all seriousness

fdnyfreak,

do you live in the city? if so go to the local firehouse and ask the guys/senior man why the current pension system is important. Listen, don't say a word, if you have a question think long and hard about how you word it. If you still don't agree, say thanks and leave. At least then, you can feel informed and also wash away the internet tough guy mumbo jumbo you feel is going on - personally I don't think thats the case.

Here's an analogy that might help you not feel bullied. When you're 16 and you want to drive you most likely learn from your father. He tells you to do things before you start the car, while youre driving, and when you shut it off. He teaches you how to fix some problems too. A lot of it you don't really get at 16 but you do it cause youre told and you don't know sh*t about car's yet. It's the same thing in a fire department. You know its a cool job that involves water and fire but thats all you know until you have a badge number. As far as you're concerned if senior guys and probie school instructors are saying this is top priority to keep these pensions then thats the end of it. Just the same as when your dad told you to turn the a/c and radio off before you turn the car off. You listen. They don't want to bully you bro, they want to help.

Forum Member

Stay an economist you pos. You will never make it here. On second thought maybe its jerkoffs like you running numbers thats actually screwing the economy up. Now be a good boy and stay out of this forum no one wants you here or on the job.

Forum Member

the yankees are giving me an ulcer. i just want to beat boston once in the regular season then stomp them in the playoffs.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    the yankees are giving me an ulcer. i just want to beat boston once in the regular season then stomp them in the playoffs.
    ugh. like this thread isnt depressing enough.

Forum Member

Default l0l

we will beat them when it counts........

Forum Member

If there is anybody who deserves some help, it's this man. I am already in the registry, so if anybody on here would like to be, its pretty damn simple....

http://www.silive.com/news/advance/i...oll=1#continue

MembersZone Subscriber

Let it go!
    Yep...hell what do I know?

PS-To anyone curious...the point of the headline from the NYtimes was..... It was written in 1914! The city has been crying poverty since day two.

FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

Default From the outside looking in

The problem with so much in this world is that so many people think they know what is going on with life from the news or their opinion from the outside.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion but you are not entitled to an opinion if it is not an educated opinion. If you have facts and hard evidence to back up your opinion go right a head and believe what you want. But don't think that because you read a paper or think you know what goes on in that FDNY it gives you the right to berate our pension system with out facts.
    All that has been said here is to back up your statements with facts if you cant do that don't speak. If you have a problem with people questioning your opinions dont post them.
    Last edited by ant195; 06-12-2009 at 02:10 PM.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

anyone know when the council will vote on the new budget? i realize sometime before july 1, but i looked on the council agenda and cannot find any information regarding this.
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

Default Can You Believe This!!!!!!!!!

I was at footlocker today and I saw to kids come in with FDNY recruiting papers for the next test. I ask them where did they get them, and they said the DMV...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongQuest View Post
    I was at footlocker today and I saw to kids come in with FDNY recruiting papers for the next test. I ask them where did they get them, and they said the DMV...
    Not trying to spread a rumor here but, is this a sign of the city not planning to extend the list then or is this typical? I would imagine the city still doesn't know what the plans are yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboyfire View Post
    Not trying to spread a rumor here but, is this a sign of the city not planning to extend the list then or is this typical? I would imagine the city still doesn't know what the plans are yet?
    The only thing its a sign of is that while they are closing firehouses and threatening layoffs, the cowards who hide in recruitment have convinced the spineless administration that they should continue to rack up OT.

Thread Information