Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongQuest View Post
    I was at footlocker today and I saw to kids come in with FDNY recruiting papers for the next test. I ask them where did they get them, and they said the DMV...
    What did the papers say? Were they general info, or was it specific, there is nothing on the website about another test.

Forum Member

Unhappy

it was for both...it had info about ems and fdny ......about how much each makes ....the same paper that we got when we signed up for the 6019 test......the kid said there is a test sept 2010...i was like no way its every four years...and plus there is a freeze on our list

Forum Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by LongQuest View Post
    it was for both...it had info about ems and fdny ......about how much each makes ....the same paper that we got when we signed up for the 6019 test......the kid said there is a test sept 2010...i was like no way its every four years...and plus there is a freeze on our list
    Hopefully he misunderstood and the test is for EMS. But if he wasn't wrong...what does that mean for the guys on the list now? any guys on the job able to give some direction here?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waitin6019 View Post
    Hopefully he misunderstood and the test is for EMS. But if he wasn't wrong...what does that mean for the guys on the list now? any guys on the job able to give some direction here?
    It doesnt mean anything....there is a reason why these people hide out in recruitment. There are plenty of rumors floating around, and some will eventually be somewhat near the truth...but for now take this with a grain of salt.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

MembersZone Subscriber

Next Open Competitive Exam, as of now, should come in 2011. My guess means nothing, but, List 6019 was establish June 11th of 2008. With that said, I would expect that 6019 will last until May 2012, if the city choses, to keep renewing it as they have done in the past. With all the money they put into 6019 to get the results they wanted...

Recruitment passing out information means NOTHING. They seem to do it continually, regardless of need. In May 2007, on memorial day weekend, just a few months after anyone on list 6019 took that exam, members of the recruitment unit were in front of the quarters of 54/4/9, passing out information and talking to people about joining the FDNY as FIREFIGHTERS. I was quite surprised, being that there was just an exam for firefighter.

Common sense (to me) says that more hiring will be done off of 6019 and that some kid getting a piece of paper from recruitment means nothing. The city spent a TON of money on recruitment, making sure that the right people showed up AND passed the exam. The City got the numbers they wanted on 6019. They are going to hire more than 300 people.

Besides, if they were to give another test next year, file for it, prepare like your life depends on it, if you want the job that bad and do the best you can. You cannot control circumstances like the economy or what the City of New York chooses to do with it's money (or who and when it chooses to hire). However, you can control what you chose to do with your life. If the city does give another exam, then prepare to do you best. That's all you can do! Worry about what you can control, take care of what you need to take care of on a daily basis, do your best and just do the right thing. I was taught that if you do that, things will work out.

Forum Member

it's possible the paper said you could file for the exam starting 9/2010. That would be about 4 years since you could file for 6019 right? As well as the FDNY strategic plan mapped out in their recent release.

Forum Member

"When can I file for the exam?
    Answer: The Open Competitive Examination is administered once every four years. We anticipate the next Written Examination to be given in early 2011, with the Filing Period taking place during the end of 2010."

Hey guys this is right off of the FDNY website under the Frequently Asked Questions in the Jobs and Employment sections. Not that this is anything solid, but it seems possible that they are starting to get the word out about the test...also I believe that they are constantly "recruiting" in "diverse areas" to try and spark interest in the job...maybe one of the helpful guys who are on the job already could comment on these possibilities...

Forum Member

Default yea

true....will see..... hope we here something soon, july 1st is 2 1/2 weeks away...

Forum Member

hey guys I have not been on the boards in awhile any rumors of when the next class will be I've been hearing January 2010 and does any one know what we will have to take over again is it just the medical or is it the other stuff too

thanks

btw im sitting in 1100's

Good thing's happening

hey guys I hope this is true:

Quote Originally Posted by Staten Island Advance

Deal will save Staten Island's Engine Co. 161 from closure
    by Staten Island Advance
    Monday June 15, 2009, 4:16 PM

A deal has been reached to spare Staten Island's Engine Co. 161 from closure, a City Hall source confirmed exclusively to the Advance.

The budget deal calls for a "full restoration" of the $16 million needed to keep the South Beach engine company running, along with three other FDNY units scheduled to shut down permanently on July 1. Engine 161 has already been subject to nightly closures since January, with the exception of occasions when spare firefighters from other boroughs were available to staff it.

Calling the matter "a complete victory," the City Hall source told the Advance: "The public had its voice heard, the Council members heard it, the members in turn spoke to the speaker and the speaker heard those voices."

Twelve additional yet-to-be named city fire companies have also been spared from the budget ax, according to the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because final city budget negotiations are still ongoing.

http://www.silive.com/eastshore/inde...n_islands.html

Forum Member

Wink

that would be great if this is true..........

Forum Member

Default Great f---in news!

NY1 is also reporting this news, with an official announcement as early as tomorrow. It is unclear though if the 4 engine companies will remain closed at night. I would still assume they would hire asap being that they projected a class in January of 2010 with what would've been 16 company closures. Then again they may wait and see whats the verdict with tier 5 for firefighters. Lets keep our fingers crossed fellas.
    Last edited by GIMMEFIRE600; 06-15-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Forum Member

this is the best news in a year!!!!!!!

http://ny1.com/content/top_stories/1...d/Default.aspx
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

not to be a killjoy but this is typical political b.s....threaten to take something away, then don't, and make the people happy that things basically stayed the same. but it is great news none the less.

just my .02 i'd be shocked if the city didnt do something exactly like this right around election time in regards to academies for both fd and pd.

Forum Member

Default Fdny

Finally some good news. Now lets see what happens with this tier 5 crap.

Forum Member

Our boy FLA1786 said it best....

Quote Originally Posted by FLA1786 View Post
    As for Doomberg, chumps like him love this stuff. They win either way. Everyone get's outraged and terrified that they are closing firehouses and then Ol' Mikey and his administration come in on their white horses and save the day by some how 'finding money' to keep them open. Then you vote for them. And if they close, more money for them to overpay for community projects to questionable builders.

Forum Member

This is excellent news for all of us. It's great for those of us on the job and for the hopefuls.

For you guys hoping....

...there are still many men waiting to be retired from service incurred disability and our numbers are getting lower. I would think that they will need to hire as soon as possible now that the closings have been avoided. You'll have to wait and see what the final adopted budget is, but I would think that Jan. 2010 is going to happen as long as nothing changes for the worse. I would even chance to say that it could happen before Jan. HOWEVER, I can guarantee you that no one will be hired until the issues surrounding the pension tiers are resolved.....for better or for worse.

Forum Member

im list #24** havent recieved anything yet for physical or medical...does anyone know the exact numbers of people called for hire and # reached for physical etc...---and i know the last list got up to 4800 or so,,,so does 2400 have a chance???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcals3 View Post
    im list #24** havent recieved anything yet for physical or medical...does anyone know the exact numbers of people called for hire and # reached for physical etc...---and i know the last list got up to 4800 or so,,,so does 2400 have a chance???
    iam list #26** so i really hope you have a chance. as far as how far they got in the past iam not sure i know the first class was in the 800s

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcals3 View Post

The initial backround investigation packets (first step) were sent up to #2121. I called recently and she told me this. I think they stopped giving cpats (generally the next step) somewhere up there a little before #2000. And according to DCAS, the last eligible appointed was at #886 and the last eligible certified was at #1206. I think that is as much as anybody knows.....

Forum Member

the last list (2043) went up to the list # 5600s....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnycand View Post
    the last list (2043) went up to the list # 5600s....
    yea...it did go pretty high, but they were also putting in classes of 300 like it was nothing

Forum Member

Default next step

so obviously this is great news for the guys on the job and all of us on the list. but has anyone actually spoken to an investigator? I have the numbers for my investigator, the head investigator and two other random ones, i called them all today with no luck.

Hopefully they were in a meeting discussing how they are gong to extend our medicals another two months so we dont have to do them again
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

Default l0l

yea that would be great if they did that sleepy

Forum Member

I had spoken to CID a few weeks ago. When I spoke to the woman she had advised me that if there will be a Jan class then they will be re-doing medicals sometime during the summer.

Thread Information