Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 618 FirstFirst ... 67117157164165166167168169170177217267 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

true that i got a question.... i have been reading about "the chief"? what is this and how can i obtain it

Quote Originally Posted by fd211ny View Post
    true that i got a question.... i have been reading about "the chief"? what is this and how can i obtain it
    The Chief is a newspaper for civil service jobs. It lists upcoming jobs/exams, etc.. You can pick it up at newstands, particularly in the city. Try going to a Hudson News at Port Authority or at Grand Central Station.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    how the hell did a reporter get your info and contact you?
    Very easy.. He must know one. I say that, because I happen to have a friend who is a newspaper reporter here in NYC.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fd211ny View Post
    or you could also try: http://www.thechief-leader.com/

Forum Member

hey thank you gentleman always a great help

Forum Member

I'm thinkin this is gonna be a real slow forum for at least the next year...

I couldn't agree more. I plan on talking to my investigator sometime soon, I'll let you guys know what she says.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm hearing January 2010 at the earliest for the next FDNY class...

Haven't been able to get any answer on what they'll do in regards to EMS hiring.

Forum Member

Thumbs down BAD NEWS for 6019

Rumor has it that future hiring for the next few years is going to be through the fire dept via ems promotionals. According to bloomberg they can still put classes in , which won't cost the city much since ems is already on the payroll with benefits etc. Note there's over 1000 taking promotion exam and next class will probably be 2010 , so if they only have classes of 100+ for next few years at the rate of attrition 200 300 year, its going to be mainly all promotionals. I don't see many at all getting hired off 6019 anymore.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by exam6019 View Post
    Rumor has it that future hiring for the next few years is going to be through the fire dept via ems promotionals. According to bloomberg they can still put classes in , which won't cost the city much since ems is already on the payroll with benefits etc. Note there's over 1000 taking promotion exam and next class will probably be 2010 , so if they only have classes of 100+ for next few years at the rate of attrition 200 300 year, its going to be mainly all promotionals. I don't see many at all getting hired off 6019 anymore.

As we all know, nobody on the job or even metrotech really knows exactly what the hells gonna happen in the future for hiring. Never mind some poor, ambitious saps like me and most (should just say all) of you on a forum. I wrote metrotech a while back when I was depressed after this whole nightmare started. I can't remember what I wrote, it was pretty long. The chief of personnel wrote back. Its really not anything all that concrete, again it just shows that nobody really knows a thing for now. This is what he replied recently:

Mr. xxxxxxxxx. Thank you for your recent communication to Fire Commissioner Nicholas Scoppetta. It was forwarded to me for an appropriate response. Congratulations on a successful score on Exam #6019. With a list number of 24xx you would certainly be considered for appointment to FDNY under normal circumstances. We do not know what the economy will do in the coming few years but I would remain prepared to start Probationary Firefighter School. Stay in shape and avoid anything that might negatively affect your candidate investigation.
    FDNY does not operate a firehouse forum. There are several websites about Firefighter Exam #6019, none of which are affiliated with FDNY. Again, thank you for your communication and good luck.
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 01-11-2009 at 11:31 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    I heard the same thing flatbush157 heard, that the next class may be around January 2010.

There is no way all the hiring will be promotional. The last promotional test only produced 70 "qualified" candidates for the entire list. The class this January was only going to have like 5 or something EMS promotionals. There are simply not enough EMS guys to keep up with fire attrition.
    Where is the source of this rumor about the next class and if January is the case would it be a large class since its been a year of no hirings? Besides doesnt the new fiscal year begin in July or June and wouldn't starting a class then make more sense than waiting till Jan. Its still working with the same budget numbers. Also, 1000 ems could take the test but I don't think the city would totally discard 6019, that would have made it pointless to give the test at all despite changes in the economy. People would probably start a lawsuit or something.

Forum Member

Don't believe anything you hear, from anyone! Until there are guys actually starting probie school, you can't believe anything you see in the news or hear from anyone in the dept or not.

Go G-Men!

Forum Member

I personally think 6019 isn't going anywhere. In case you guys forgot the whole reason we took that stupid subjective test was because the city is being sued by the federal government for not hiring enough minorities. So the city spent millions trying to attract minorities and they did, the first class was the most diverse ever. So in an effort to make sure they keeping hiring minorities the city will hire of of 6019 making sure each class has a certain number of minorities. For you guys that ran on Dec. 7th, think about how many minorities you saw there, not many, i honestly believe that is one reason they postponed the class. They will wait until they need more firemen so that the class will be bigger and they can make sure they get the minority numbers they want. The ems promotion will also help with the minority numbers but the department knows that they typically get weaker candidates form the promotion list and they will also have a tough time replacing the ems candidates that take the promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Mr. xxxxxxxxx.
    FDNY does not operate a firehouse forum. There are several websites about Firefighter Exam #6019, none of which are affiliated with FDNY.
    So what exactly did you write to the Commissioner?
    What in the world would possess you to refer to these forums in a letter to the Commissioner?

He is not your friend.
    He is not OUR friend.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    For you guys that ran on Dec. 7th, think about how many minorities you saw there, not many, i honestly believe that is one reason they postponed the class. They will wait until they need more firemen so that the class will be bigger and they can make sure they get the minority numbers they want.
    What?! Yeah, keep rationalizing with yourself that.
    Last edited by ffbam24; 01-11-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Forum Member

Last promo exam put in 83 EMS guys EMTs and Medics included. There is not 1000 people taking the Feb 09 Promo exam. Maybe, at the most 600-700. At the present time they are appointing a lot of EMS members to civil service status in order to avoid layoffs. EMS cannot afford layoffs nor can they afford 600-700 guys going to fire. No one knows exactly whats going to come of the feb 09 promo but im sure it wont mess you guys up to much. There are 3 civil service lists for this promo exam but not everyone filed, not everyone has a year on the job yet, some are to old, some are to young, and most are just fat and lazy. The dept. is not just gonna let 300 EMS guys go in one shot. Don't think there is really going to be 1000 EMS guys in front of you. That is just not the case. But there are a lot of EMS guys just as hungry, die hard and in shape as you guys are on this thread.

Forum Member

Bam have you heard any news on that impending lawsuit by the feds?

Sorry, no. I work in a firehouse.
    Unfortunately nothing to add at this point. We're 400 over in headcount. Just waiting for the end of the fiscal year (July '09) to see which way the department leans after the city tips it's cards.

Remember, everthing between now and then is speculation.

Hang tough.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    So what exactly did you write to the Commissioner?
    What in the world would possess you to refer to these forums in a letter to the Commissioner?

He is not your friend.
    He is not OUR friend.

Man, I had a feeling I might catch some flak from one of the guys on the job over that. I can't remember exactly what I wrote, as it was a little while ago. Kinda just asking if the list would be extending and what not. But I did NOT refer to or mention anything about the forum. This guy told me that on his own...

Forum Member

I heard a rumor, again I use the word rumor that the last class that graduated only had a very few number of firefighters that did not go to companies on SI, does anyone know if this is true, just from hearing that the Department is 400 over its headcount it sounds like all the companies are quite heavy. Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by Andyboyfire; 01-11-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboyfire View Post
    I heard a rumor, again I use the word rumor that the last class that graduated only had a very few number of firefighters that did not go to companies on SI, does anyone know if this is true that many went to Staten Island, just from hearing that the Department is 400 over its headcount it sounds like all the companies are quite heavy. Thanks for any info.
    Man, you need a 7th grade english refresher. All I managed to pull out of that mess was what appears to be a question on the number of probies that went to Staten Island houses. The answer is most went citywide while roughly 50-70 of us are on Staten Island. Before you krinkle your nose and make car fire jokes, I've been off the Rock less than a month and have already been to three fires. So there.

Sorry, Calm, poor choice of words. Back to the sink I go.
    Last edited by carryon0311; 01-11-2009 at 10:20 PM.

Thread Information