Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

  1. #4176
    Forum Member
    SleepyHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LIfire31 View Post
    I had spoken to CID a few weeks ago. When I spoke to the woman she had advised me that if there will be a Jan class then they will be re-doing medicals sometime during the summer.
    i gotta tell you, call me naieve/uneducated/hopefull but i would see them hiring ASAP. the only reason Jan '09 didnt go off was because of the proposed company closures. Thats not happening at least for another year.

    Manpower should be even if not in the hole by now, and keep in mind, if they hire firemen today, it will still be 5 months before they are out in the field working. that is 5 more months of decreasing manpower and increasing overtime.

    Personally, I will make it my mission to be in touch with my investigator ASAP to determine whats going on with the classes etc.
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

  2. #4177
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    327

    Default

    All this positive news is making me a bit more optimistic. Seriously, we really needed some good news to lift our spirits up after a series of bad news. Now let's all hope the legislators override our idiot of a governor's veto. When can we expect to hear a definitive answer on this? In a week or so?
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

  3. #4178
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    538

    Default FDNY company closures

    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    i gotta tell you, call me naieve/uneducated/hopefull but i would see them hiring ASAP. the only reason Jan '09 didnt go off was because of the proposed company closures. Thats not happening at least for another year.

    I thought they canceled the company closures all together. I guess you mean that for the citys fiscal year from July 1, 2009 - June 30, 2010 that there will be no company closures. So maybe they will go through with it for the next fiscal year starting July 1, 2010?

  4. #4179
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    538

    Default Fdny

    they are crazy for expecting to change the retirement from 20 and out to 25/55 for FDNY on top of removing many many other pension benefits. I mention the 25/55 because that stands out the most.

    So if you register for the exam at the age of 29 and get hired at the age of 33...they expect you to retire close to the age of 60?? its a young mans job. cant have fireman and cops at that age doing what they do in their best condition.

  5. #4180
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    I thought they canceled the company closures all together. I guess you mean that for the citys fiscal year from July 1, 2009 - June 30, 2010 that there will be no company closures. So maybe they will go through with it for the next fiscal year starting July 1, 2010?

    It won't be an election year at that time. I'm just sayin.....

  6. #4181
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    315

    Default Hero

    Bloomturd goes on TV and says he miraculously found funding to keep all the firehouses off the chopping block. All the people think what a great job he is the best yada yada yada and they vote for him for another term.
    45 days after he gets into office he can close all 16 firehouses he wanted to close with no retribution, he all ready got elected. He wants to close firehouses that is his MO, dont think for a second that this fight is over, if he gets elected the fight will start all over again.
    To everyone waiting stay in shape and ensure you pass the medical on the first try. If they put in a shotgun class you dont want to be left out because you could not pass the medical. Run and stay in shape when you do get to the Rock life is going to be hell if your not in shape. Being in good condition is one less thing you will have to worry about.
    Good Luck
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

  7. #4182
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bed-Stuy Brooklyn
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    You guys need to know how the city works. Suddenly funds are available or some other event causes the FD to put a class together. Letters go out, a new physical and run is done and the class starts a week later.
    Funny how true this old post was, but good news for us patiently waiting to get our foot in the door.

  8. #4183
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    89

    Default ?

    i think if there is a class in jan, the med would prob be sometime in sept or oct.......what do you guys think

  9. #4184
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    538

    Default FDNY medical

    My medical expires Oct 3rd.

  10. #4185
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    89

    Unhappy

    i am pretty sure the guys that were going into the jan 09 class med exp..like may -june of 09...i no mine did....so i have to take mine over deff

  11. #4186
    Forum Member
    SleepyHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx
    Posts
    435

    Default

    i just heard back from my investigator and she said that ' there is nothing new to report '
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

  12. #4187
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    89

    Default no news

    i think we wont here anything intill late aug, or intill they work out a deal with what tier we will be going in as....

  13. #4188
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    my med expired in may also.

  14. #4189
    Forum Member
    SleepyHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongQuest View Post
    i think we wont here anything intill late aug, or intill they work out a deal with what tier we will be going in as....
    as far as i understand it, tier 5 goes into effect july 1 unless something is done to stop it. But I would agree with you otherwise, that this whole pension mess is our next hurdle.
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

  15. #4190
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    as far as i understand it, tier 5 goes into effect july 1 unless something is done to stop it. But I would agree with you otherwise, that this whole pension mess is our next hurdle.
    You understood wrong...there is no Tier 5 and there are legal question as to whether any hires would go into Tier 3 which hasn't been in use sine I believe the 80s.

    This was another gross miscalculation by a politican who is way over his head and didn't bother to look at the conseqences of removing penion rights from every fireman and cop in NYS.

    More to come on this soon...I assure you.

    FTM-PTB

  16. #4191
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Without the closings, overtime is going to reappear and that's what they've been looking to avoid. I'm sure they'll be hiring ASAP. They're gonna need it. As soon as the pension tiers are worked out they'll start the process, and fast. Stay in shape.

  17. #4192
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    89

    Wink

    Looks like I am bringing my running sneakers to Europe with me..lol...just to be on the safe side

  18. #4193
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    89

    Talking

    just keep working out everyone ...it will be here soon...

  19. #4194
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bed-Stuy Brooklyn
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    You understood wrong...there is no Tier 5 and there are legal question as to whether any hires would go into Tier 3 which hasn't been in use sine I believe the 80s.

    This was another gross miscalculation by a politican who is way over his head and didn't bother to look at the conseqences of removing penion rights from every fireman and cop in NYS.

    More to come on this soon...I assure you.

    FTM-PTB
    FFFred i'm a little confused as to what you mean there is no Tier 5. Does that mean it was thrown out and one of the other Tier plans are going to be reinstated in place of Tier 4? Also where could I go to see what Tier 3 actually includes?

  20. #4195
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    FFFred i'm a little confused as to what you mean there is no Tier 5. Does that mean it was thrown out and one of the other Tier plans are going to be reinstated in place of Tier 4? Also where could I go to see what Tier 3 actually includes?
    He veto'ed the legislation which renewed every 2 years since before you were born placed all firemen and cops in Tier II.

    Their has been talk of creating a Tier V...however there is no Tier V legislation in place and it wasn't even discussed at an offical level yet. The Pols were arguing in the press for it...but the unions all to a man stated emphaticly that they aren't interested in even considering a Tier V when it would do nothing to solve our current fiscal issues.

    Therefore although it is legally murky and their are lawyers on both the Government's side and Labors side looking at it...most seem to beleive any new hires would automaticly fall under a Tier III senario, which is largely dormant and has few to no current participants (22 years for 1/2 pay...many other provisions which are better or worse than Tier II)

    Tier IV has noting to do with us and doesn't play a role in the current debate as far as I'm aware.

    As for where to look up stuff on these matters....use Google and Yahoo and BING...they are your friend.

    FTM-PTB

  21. #4196
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    42

    Post

    any idea if the fdny is still over head count? or has it leveled off

  22. #4197
    FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    He veto'ed the legislation which renewed every 2 years since before you were born placed all firemen and cops in Tier II.

    Their has been talk of creating a Tier V...however there is no Tier V legislation in place and it wasn't even discussed at an offical level yet. The Pols were arguing in the press for it...but the unions all to a man stated emphaticly that they aren't interested in even considering a Tier V when it would do nothing to solve our current fiscal issues.

    Therefore although it is legally murky and their are lawyers on both the Government's side and Labors side looking at it...most seem to beleive any new hires would automaticly fall under a Tier III senario, which is largely dormant and has few to no current participants (22 years for 1/2 pay...many other provisions which are better or worse than Tier II)

    Tier IV has noting to do with us and doesn't play a role in the current debate as far as I'm aware.

    As for where to look up stuff on these matters....use Google and Yahoo and BING...they are your friend.

    FTM-PTB
    I looked up tier 3 on the new york state comptroller website but couldn't find anything about a 22 year plan. All plans for police and fire under tier 3 were listed under 20 or 25 years and as you said 50% of final salaray. I did not see any additional benefits that made up for the other 50%.

    50%? Seriously?

    I tried using the following links to gain more info:

    http://nysosc9.osc.state.ny.us/produ...nProgFlashPage

    http://www.osc.state.ny.us/retire/me...ur-pension.htm

    http://www.osc.state.ny.us/RETIRE/pu...ions/index.htm

  23. #4198
    Forum Member
    SleepyHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Thanks fred, I also did some googling and found some information, including the governors official notice of veto. It seems that this can be fought on several levels, which include the state and local (city) levels. hopefully this whole mess gets sorted out asap, because i definitely think that this is the new major holdup.
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

  24. #4199
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    Thanks fred, I also did some googling and found some information, including the governors official notice of veto. It seems that this can be fought on several levels, which include the state and local (city) levels. hopefully this whole mess gets sorted out asap, because i definitely think that this is the new major holdup.
    Yea, it seems like that's the next biggest hurdle. We should get a better idea of which plan we would go under in the next week or so... right?
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

  25. #4200
    Forum Member
    SleepyHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx
    Posts
    435

    Default

    I would think so.


    Also, although i can find many news article's about the pension system i'm having a bit of a hard time finding any fact from the state assembly as to whats going on.

    This probbably doesnt help the situation :

    http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stori...e/Default.aspx


    On a positive side note the state is allowing the city to raise the tax the .5 percent that they asked for.
    Last edited by SleepyHollow; 06-18-2009 at 10:49 PM.
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Test 6019-Union Square Protest
    By exp1isastreet in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 10:31 PM
  2. List #6019
    By ffbam24 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 08:59 PM
  3. FDNY List #6019
    By MailBox123 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 06:54 PM
  4. FDNY Exam #6019????
    By HouyBoy in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 10:50 AM
  5. FDNY Exam #6019-John Jay College Forum
    By exp1isastreet in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register