Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 618 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767117517 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post
    They should really start doing the hair analysis test like the NYPD does. That would probably eliminate a lot more undesirable people from the process.
    Yea that would be great, then could go back a couple of months with the hair analysis for drug use, def weed out a lot of undesirables and preserve the name of the fdny, keeping The Post from blasting them on the front page from F*ck ups that got on

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Medical

If you spend some time at the CPAT prep course you can figure out why allot of the EMS promos are failing. Not in great shape. You dont need to be in great shape to pass the CPAT but the medical will weed out those who are not in good shape. I will let you all know what its like when I do it next Wednesday.
    Work out hard and keep your nose clean and you will prevail.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red2117 View Post
    I've read in past posts that if you've had surgery you'll need some sort of letter from your Doctor clearing you/saying you're fine. Not sure exactly what they needthe investigators will tell you during your medical. But I've also heard people say don't tell them unless it's obvious (huge scar, etc.) because it's a huge hassle. But I have yet to go through it, so can't confirm.
    I made a mistake. That was bad info I gave out the other day. When I wrote that, I was unaware of a medical clearance form (the same one in the initial investigation packet) that asks for your medical history in a page full of boxes to check and needs a notary on the back.

It got mailed out, and I never got it. As Kip Dynamite put it "I loved technology." Specifically the fax, today.

Forum Member

Quick question for you guys, i'm finishing up the background packet today, and i'm going over the drivers record stuff. I have one speeding ticket on my record right now (the only thing that shows up on the abstract)....but they want dates of EVERY ticket, well i had 2 when i was 18 yrs old....they arent on my record and i cant remember the dates etc...there is also a parking ticket in there somewhere...anyone know how strict they are on this sort of thing?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default dates

just try and find out if you know what city you got the ticket in you can try and call the police department they maybe able to help you out. If you cant find it just think of the approximate date and don't fill it in. When you get there ask the investigator. They will be cool about it.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Before I got a NY state license, I got a ticket up here, and it showed up on my still-home state's abstract.

Now I could have sworn there was one missing from when I was 19, but I have no idea what the exact details were. I cant imagine the investigators having any secret resources to dig up what the State doesnt offer. You got an abstract, I think youd be safe to say your relevant history is what they say it is... unless they add a few extras on, but thats another story.

IIRC, the instructions differentiate between moving violations and parking tickets.

Forum Member

IIRC, the tickets drop off your record after 6(?) years. I got one 7.5 years ago that does not show up on any of my "complete" driving histories.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

how strict are they about speeding tickets?? I think over the past seven years i have like 4 or 5 and a couple of parking tickets that took me a couple of years to pay.

Forum Member

I have more, and they havent told me to fock off yet.

Hope I didnt just jinx myself.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    I have more, and they havent told me to fock off yet.

Hope I didnt just jinx myself.
    Question-how exactly does that work if they don't find someone qualified? Do they tell you outright that the jobs not yours or do they just stop calling/mailing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post
    Question-how exactly does that work if they don't find someone qualified? Do they tell you outright that the jobs not yours or do they just stop calling/mailing.

They should tell you straight out.

Forum Member

Does anyone know what formula they use in the medical for your max heart rate?
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    220-your age X .9.

Ex. If you are 20, 220-20=200 x .9= must be under 180.
    Thanks a bunch....
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

how do they go about measuring you max heart rate. I guess if it goes over you fail ? what do they do put you on a treadmill if so how long ?

Forum Member

I know for JCFD, my cousin said that they do the thing from the gatorade commercial. They hook the things up to you, and make you run on the treadmill.

Forum Member

Default speeding tickets

Just curious but how strict are they on speeding tickets, parking tickets, and these sorts of things. I am most interested in speeding tickets but i am sure there are other people out there with arrest(s), hopefully not plural but nevertheless. I am sure a dui probably puts you out of the running and anything violent,, but what about other stuff. any stories yall have heard. Me personally, i have probably 5 tickets over the past 7 years. Never any too serious, just little guys. Is that something i should worry about?

Default Waiting...

I am eligible 8122 from list number 6019, does any body know when I should be expecting anything to start the process for me to be interview and do the test needed to enter the FDNY?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tonyda View Post
    how do they go about measuring you max heart rate. I guess if it goes over you fail ? what do they do put you on a treadmill if so how long ?
    3 minutes on a stepmill, a one minute break and then 5 minutes with a 50 lb vest without going over the max heart rate you have

Forum Member

3 and 5 min thats not bad. but at what speed i know i been doing the 1.5 miles on the treadmill at 7.5 miles per hour with no incline for 12 min and i'm pretty sure i max out. so at what speed do they test you on the stepmill and treadmill

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris View Post
    Just curious but how strict are they on speeding tickets, parking tickets, and these sorts of things. I am most interested in speeding tickets but i am sure there are other people out there with arrest(s), hopefully not plural but nevertheless. I am sure a dui probably puts you out of the running and anything violent,, but what about other stuff. any stories yall have heard. Me personally, i have probably 5 tickets over the past 7 years. Never any too serious, just little guys. Is that something i should worry about?
    I think you should be fine. i felt like all they were really looking for was honesty, and if they caught you hiding something then they'd kick you right out. I've heard that smaller arrests, like underage drinking, speeding, etc. are OK. The bigger tickets that include drugs or violence will most likely get you eliminated. Although I know a guy who had an assault with a weapon (he got into a bar fight and used a bottle), but sat down and explained it and made it through.

Thread Information