Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

You guys are horrible at keeping OT. I hope when letters start coming you do a better job. I don't think you realize the harm you are doing yourselves in posting all this jibba jabba..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    the authorized headcount is 11,222 uniformed. A couple of years ago it was asked to be increased or was increased by the city council in order to cut down OT, this can be found somewhere on nyc.gov
    The city might be putting about 3 more lieutenant classes through until the lt list expires next year.
    The ranks are still above max. However, the city has been under or just barely over for every tour in the past two weeks.

Forum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    You guys are horrible at keeping OT. I hope when letters start coming you do a better job. I don't think you realize the harm you are doing yourselves in posting all this jibba jabba..
    what do you mean?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post
    what do you mean?
    haha i'm with you dude, i got nothing
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

Every once and a while I come back to see how you guys are doing as I was in your shoes not so long ago. And everydamn time there are some retarded posts about ridiculous rumors that are so irrelevant...It's just stupid. Stay on topic. Talk about training, letters you've gotten from the dept. phone calls with investigators, things like that. Don't worry about the mayor, don't worry about rumors. Focus on what you're trying to accomplish. Just getting to the academy isn't enough. You'll see. When guys don't show up the second day, drop out of runs the first week, pass out after pt. Don't be like them. Be ready; Fk the mayor, Fk the commish, Fk, everything. Turn yourself into a monster, and be ready for hell..

(and for god's sake, stay on topic)

MembersZone Subscriber

According to a story on the NY Times web site...we stand at 11,415...almost 200 over the head count.

One can only speculate on why they'd claim to be putting classes in later this month and early next year....

....Election year,
    ....Vulcan lawsuit,

????

I don't want to bring everyone down but Don't get to excited about the planned classes.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    According to a story on the NY Times web site...we stand at 11,415...almost 200 over the head count.

One can only speculate on why they'd claim to be putting classes in later this month and early next year....

....Election year,
    ....Vulcan lawsuit,

????

I don't want to bring everyone down but Don't get to excited about the planned classes.

FTM-PTB
    hey fred, i couldnt find that story on the times website, any chance i can get you to post a link for me?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post

....Election year,
    ....Vulcan lawsuit,

????

FTM-PTB
    Is it true or not that there are about 900 ff's on medical leave? Anyway, after what happened to us last December we shouldn't be excited until we graduate the academy and then we can worry about being laid off next year.

Forum Member

just wondering what kind of weekly training routine everyone is doin? possibility of a class in 8 weeks or so.. just trying to get sm new ideas and curious how everyone is preparing...

thks

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    hey fred, i couldnt find that story on the times website, any chance i can get you to post a link for me?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/11/ny...nted=2&_r=1&hp

Forum Member

here is a list of a couple of thing i am doing to train hope this helps.

1) built a sled out of wood with rope on the edge and made it 180 lbs use it as the dummy drag on a grass field
    2) (2X) 35lb buckets filled with rocks and weighted vest walk up and down my block about 10X's
    3) iron gym perfect for pull ups and inexpensive
    4) pyramid pushups, ex one than stand up than do two stand up three stand up etc...and than work your way back down the pyramid. (total 100 pushups)
    5) run rain or shine

Of course i do not do all this in one day spread it out to how you want to work out. also if any one lives in the staten island area and wants to workout could always use a partner. usually workout after work about 2:30-3:00 ish, Pm me and we could set somethign up.

Forum Member

thank you sir

Forum Member

Yesterday when i was running i felt a small pain under the bottom part of my knee but i kept running another 3 miles because it didnt really bother me...but this morning it hurts bad when i bend it and my knee feels weak...ive been keeping icy hot on it and have it in a tight rubber knee brace...i also took some extra glucosamine and im not doing any cardio today...any other suggestions on how i can get my knee better?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by timpala View Post
    here is a list of a couple of thing i am doing to train hope this helps.

1) built a sled out of wood with rope on the edge and made it 180 lbs use it as the dummy drag on a grass field
    2) (2X) 35lb buckets filled with rocks and weighted vest walk up and down my block about 10X's
    3) iron gym perfect for pull ups and inexpensive
    4) pyramid pushups, ex one than stand up than do two stand up three stand up etc...and than work your way back down the pyramid. (total 100 pushups)
    5) run rain or shine

Of course i do not do all this in one day spread it out to how you want to work out. also if any one lives in the staten island area and wants to workout could always use a partner. usually workout after work about 2:30-3:00 ish, Pm me and we could set somethign up.

Dude, I just did those pyramid pushups. They're definitely bad ***. And I didn't even do a total of 100....

Forum Member

SI6019 -

Runners knee

1. Keep icing it and ice after every run for 45 minutes

2. Cut down on your runs for now (runners knee is aggravated when you are running more then your legs are used too). Work your way up in the runs every other day, increasing by 10% each week

3. Stretch more before you start your run and after you run, also walk for 10 minutes before and after run

4. When you work out, make sure to do squats and regular leg lifts (runners knee can go away with stronger quads)

I am a runner and actually training for the ING 2009 NYC marathon and am going through the same, annoying injury.

hope that helps

Forum Member

Thank you matt i guess i have to run every other day and take it easy on that knee...ill be honest my stretching before runs is terrible so maybe thats a contributing factor...the last thing i need is a bum knee for the academy

Forum Member

SI6019 if the pain persists you should prob see a doctor about it, it would suck to have to defer proby school for an injury like tendonitis or something. Cross training is a good way to keep yourself safe from injury. i throw in a stair workout every few days or so to change it up from running. Keeps its fun as well.

Anybody ever do Burpees for conditioning? I do them sometimes if i'm not in the mood to run or its really ****ty out. they're great for building up endurance and they kick your *** its awesome. def check them out if you feel like trying something new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Dq_NCzj8M

Forum Member

i cant believe its been 8 years

i will like to honor the heroes of that day..

thank you
    Last edited by LongQuest; 09-11-2009 at 03:53 PM.

Whats goen on guys. Im just looking for some info on list 6019. Does anyone know what the definite number is that they called up to, and do you think they are going to only keep this list til 2011? Im number 3,016 and im praying that they get up to me.

Forum Member

The gravity of Friday's memorial ceremony(s) is still setting in for me. It was an eye-opening experience; the respect and reverence the uniform we wear gets from people who come here literally from around the world, to be here on an anniversary of 9/11.

Of course, the treatment we- the Uniform- receives, was paid for in blood. Now in following in their footsteps- just by raising your right hand, by putting that uniform on- we are charged with assuming the responsibility to both uphold their memories, and maintain the reputation they built and traditions they lived by.

Its no small task, but theres no way two ways about it.

To the men who were there that day, my utmost respect.
    To those that will be there the next time, Ill be there by your side.

Forum Member

Do you know how envious you just made me??
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 09-13-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Forum Member

Well put, skyline. hopefully well be there with you.

Forum Member

Gentlemen:

Anybody have any experience working down in PG county? Know anybody who has?

Im on the edge of the (possible) January class, but we all know how reliable that is, and im sick of waiting. I want to start working. Thinking about selling all my crap and heading down there.

If you have any insights, please PM me.

[QUOTE=aal2016;1095706]Gentlemen:

Anybody have any experience working down in PG county? Know anybody who has?

A friend of mine worked down there for a few years but has since moved on to South Carolina. From what he told me, I would say that it is a great department with no shortage of fire. I too have considered the department, and would recommend to anyone seeking an opportunity in the fire service to give it a shot, you can always come back.

On another note, this is my first post on this thread but I have followed it religiously since its inception. There has been a lot of great information and some not so great. I scored reasonably well on the exam (91) and received 5pts for being a veteran, which brought me to a 96, and list number 38xx. I realize that given the circumstances of the economy, I am going to be waiting a bit longer than what has been the norm.

I guess my question to anyone out there willing to answer is: does my test score (96) reflect my list number accurately? What I am saying is, is there anyone with the same score who is lower or higher than my list position?

Semper Fi

Forum Member

[QUOTE=EpluribusUNUM;1095712]
    Quote Originally Posted by aal2016 View Post
    Gentlemen:

I guess my question to anyone out there willing to answer is: does my test score (96) reflect my list number accurately? What I am saying is, is there anyone with the same score who is lower or higher than my list position?
    http://www.thechief-leader.com/news/...xam/037.5.html

Thread Information