Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLA1786 View Post
    Do you mean like fail as in any other part? I think there are second chances for most other parts it just delays what class you enter. Is there a part you are worried about? From what the past has shown on the forum, it's all case by case.
    well i was reading that one guy said he went in with 16 people and i think he said 3 passed the medical step mill. so if you fail that twice does that mean you get taken off the list. i'm not really worried now because i have a high #. but i also read that they might get to around 1000-1200 by june for the medicals.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    People in the 600's went for their psych on saturday, hopefully I should be going this week or next week...
    Any of you guys know if they're skipping around? I am in the 600s and I have yet to receive a letter about my psych or medical; or even be assigned an investigator, for that matter.

I did just send in my final March 08 residency proof, so I don't know if that might have some bearing.

I called them today and left a message, but I've yet to hear back. Just curious and hoping I didn't miss something in the mail.

Thanks.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

Well I got back a few hours ago from metro tech. I handed all my papers in and the guy helping me told me that he may be my investigator, maybe not. I have a couple more things to mail into them, nothing really major though. I'm quite pleased with how easy it was. He also told me that someone would be assigned to me by the end of the week so I'd imagine everyone has an investigator more or less right away. I would call until you can get someone on the phone. On the med/psych stuff, there seemed to be some guys taking the psych part when I got there just before 7 am. I was told that I would be receiving info on both of those in 3ish weeks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT17 View Post
    well i was reading that one guy said he went in with 16 people and i think he said 3 passed the medical step mill. so if you fail that twice does that mean you get taken off the list. i'm not really worried now because i have a high #. but i also read that they might get to around 1000-1200 by june for the medicals.

You should call 718-999-3369 its the FDNY recruitment number. The girl I had spoken to answered all my questions and than asked me my list number which is in the 1300's and told me to expect my packet in June-August to start paper work for Jan of 09. I don't know if that has any bearing on 1000-1200 but I was hoping that could help you alittle.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Default AnchorC What's sup dude!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorC View Post
    You should call 718-999-3369 its the FDNY recruitment number. The girl I had spoken to answered all my questions and than asked me my list number which is in the 1300's and told me to expect my packet in June-August to start paper work for Jan of 09. I don't know if that has any bearing on 1000-1200 but I was hoping that could help you alittle.
    AnchorC Did they say how much people there gonna call in the next round of people on the list? I know it's 300 a class but they called 1200 people off the list because they couldn't find enuff people that made the cut.
    Last edited by Jimmy2times; 03-19-2008 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Added the name of AnchorC

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2times View Post
    AnchorC Did they say how much people there gonna call in the next round of people on the list? I know it's 300 a class but they called 1200 people off the list because they couldn't find enuff people that made the cut.
    It's more that many guys are losing residency credit than anything else I would imagine. Although many guys aren't passing the med the first go 'round, I'm betting that the final fail rate will be only somewhere around 25% max.

I might have no idea what I"m talking about though, as I had planned on making the Jan class, although now it seems June is a real possibility. I really can't explain wtf is going on with so many guys.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    I had to reschedule my investigation packet turn in to tomorrow, because of some family issues.(should have been almost 2 weeks ago) So, I won't be going through the med/psych anytime real soon I think. My first run through the cpat I got 8:09 and was pretty pleased with that time. I wasn't able to go last class, I guess I'll see how I do this weekend.
    My first time was 7.45, but my second time the stopwatch broke so I was told "mid to high 7min." That prompted my instructers to see how fast they could do it and one did it in 6 min!

Forum Member

my list # is 69xx. does anythink i'll get into a class before then next list starts hiring. probably in 2012 since the next test is in 2011

Forum Member

Called my investigator today. Said he was only up to list 300 in processing candidates background info packets, and that he has not even looked at mine yet and will not get up to it for weeks.
    (Took the psych and DCAS CPAT orientation, no info on medical yet)

Seems that you rarely get someone to answer the phone on any of the numbers at CID. And they dont return messages, Just have to keep calling at different times of the day and hope to get lucky if someone picks up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2times View Post
    you know I didnt ask how many people they were going to call for the next class but the way that its been going I would say another 1000 easy from where they are now. But once again thats just what I think.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

I'd have to agree with that. I'd imagine that they will start processing people up to number 2000ish for the next class.

Forum Member

as per DCAS website they called up to #1207 on the list for the physical and stuff. Personally I at first I thought there was no chance they would break 1000 for June but the more I hear here and else where about losing residency during there investigation and the failures of medical and possibly the physical (no one knows yet) i think it might go over. The only thing to be aware of if you banking on January is people that defer and turn 21 during those 6 months. JMO

Forum Member

For the medical with the stair mill. You can't go over your max heart rate. What is your max? Subtract your age from 200. There you go.

How to get ready? Get a heart rate monitor and hit a treadmill, or hit the track. I found the treadmill easier cause you can read the HR (instead on looking at the watch) and have the treadmill adjust to keep you in that zone. You have to run a minimum of twenty minuets. I usually ran 45-60 min each day.

Good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by NYCTruckie View Post
    For the medical with the stair mill. You can't go over your max heart rate. What is your max? Subtract your age from 200. There you go.

How to get ready? Get a heart rate monitor and hit a treadmill, or hit the track. I found the treadmill easier cause you can read the HR (instead on looking at the watch) and have the treadmill adjust to keep you in that zone. You have to run a minimum of twenty minuets. I usually ran 45-60 min each day.

Good luck.
    Believe its 220 - AGE * .9

But someone correct if this is incorrect.

Forum Member

220 - age is the normal way to judge HR. but the FD does it 200 - age.

MembersZone Subscriber

Fair enough. In either case, if you get your calculator's out, the difference between each method is no more than 1 between 20 and 30 years old. Its certainly easier to do 200 - age.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
    as per DCAS website they called up to #1207 on the list for the physical and stuff. Personally I at first I thought there was no chance they would break 1000 for June but the more I hear here and else where about losing residency during there investigation and the failures of medical and possibly the physical (no one knows yet) i think it might go over. The only thing to be aware of if you banking on January is people that defer and turn 21 during those 6 months. JMO
    Hey can you link where it says on the DCAS website what number they are up too?
    List # 13**

MembersZone Subscriber

Default DCAS Site

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/em...l#physicaltest

Here is the link for you. Third question.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Just got my Physical Dates from DCAS in the mail
    practice 1 is april 11th
    practice 2 is april 24th
    Final test date is May 6th

Says you Have to bring a $25 money order and a combination lock
    and there is other information about rescheduling, basically the same info that is on the link that ant posted.
    Im not sure if you have to bring a money order each time you go??? Well hopefully, none of us will have to worry about going more than once.

Anyone else get this in the mail?? The number on the outside of the DCAS notice which is usually your list #, is a different number, about 100 lower, anyone know what this means?
    Last edited by Queens6019; 03-21-2008 at 06:05 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Cpat

Queens,

My room mate and I got ours today and similar to what you stated the number that was normally my list # was 40 lower for me and around 80 for my room mate. We differ by about 400 spots.

I am guessing that this is from people who got their number changed by loosing residency or other points. During my investigation/documents hand in I saw two people who where given points accidently they did not deserve one was legacy and the other was vet points. So thats two people in one day I am sure there have been more. We will just have to wait and see how it all shakes out. Good luck everyone keep working out.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Mine didn't come today.

I know what you're talking about ant. There is one kid in my prep group that was given residency by accident. He cleared it up with FDNY during his turn in.

edit: there is class tomorrow morning right? even with easter and shiz?
    Last edited by Irish6019; 03-21-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Forum Member

hey just wondering where you guys see that list number...can't find it on that dcas paper just telling me my social and physical exam dates

Forum Member

Yeah, I'm typically one of the first few guys there. Don't get there more than like 15-20 early, they usually don't come to the gate till a bit after eight. See ya in the morning..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    Just got my Physical Dates from DCAS in the mail
    practice 1 is april 11th
    practice 2 is april 24th
    Final test date is May 6th

Says you Have to bring a $25 money order and a combination lock
    and there is other information about rescheduling, basically the same info that is on the link that ant posted.
    Im not sure if you have to bring a money order each time you go??? Well hopefully, none of us will have to worry about going more than once.

Anyone else get this in the mail?? The number on the outside of the DCAS notice which is usually your list #, is a different number, about 100 lower, anyone know what this means?
    I got my mailing yesterday, as well, and I have the same DCAS dates as you do. My number is around yours, so it makes sense.

I am curious, too, about the same questions you have about the combo lock and the money order. I didn't notice my list number on the outside, so I'll have to check it and see if it's lower like you guys have.

Good luck, fellas.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant195 View Post
    Queens,

My room mate and I got ours today and similar to what you stated the number that was normally my list # was 40 lower for me and around 80 for my room mate. We differ by about 400 spots.

I am guessing that this is from people who got their number changed by loosing residency or other points. During my investigation/documents hand in I saw two people who where given points accidently they did not deserve one was legacy and the other was vet points. So thats two people in one day I am sure there have been more. We will just have to wait and see how it all shakes out. Good luck everyone keep working out.
    I am in the upper 400's and I just had my psych 1/14 and haven't gotten called for my medical yet and did not get the CPAT letter yesterday either. DCAS is defiantly skipping all over the list with who is called when. I have a feeling it has to do with how quickly your investigator gets through his/her stack of candidates.
    6019 #47x

Thread Information