Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 202 of 618 FirstFirst ... 102152192199200201202203204205212252302 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Hey does anyone know if fdny is still hiring EMT'S? Or is that frozen as well? Thinking of maybe doing that in the mean time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    And it looks like they're still planning on having another test in 2011, with recruitment starting in january 2010. Refer to pages 13 and 14.....

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/pdf/pub...10%20Final.pdf
    i see that roadrunner but on page 13 , 4.1 bullet 4 , it specifically mentions list 6019. so although they are starting recruitment i dont think a new test is in the departmants plans since they have an almost virgin list. but what do i know

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    i see that roadrunner but on page 13 , 4.1 bullet 4 , it specifically mentions list 6019. so although they are starting recruitment i dont think a new test is in the departmants plans since they have an almost virgin list. but what do i know
    nevermind,, i took the time to read the whole article. that being said i guess i will have to dust off my fdny study guide for 2011 since iam sittin at 26xX. but maybe this test will reach more

Forum Member

Post new test

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    nevermind,, i took the time to read the whole article. that being said i guess i will have to dust off my fdny study guide for 2011 since iam sittin at 26xX. but maybe this test will reach more
    Hopefully as time passes they will go through the list faster, guys will have gotten other jobs; natural attrition of the list. Its just hard to think about moving BACK to the city for another year just in case....

Forum Member

Default 6019 22xx

I'm list number 22XX according to this list:
    http://www.thechief-leader.com/news/.../Exam/040.html

I still haven't heard or received anything except my score and list number which was mailed to me and does not match my number on the website.
    That didn't bother me until I recently read this post on sherdog:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f49/fd...ng-log-811780/
    "The FDNY is up to #2,4XX on the list and its only been a year and a half."

Not sure what to make of it. I don't think it could be accurate going by this thread which I have tentatively kept up with.

Forum Member

Shouldn't there be some confidentiality with the list or something? I guess not.

I believe it's up to the mid 800's for the first class to get an approximate 200 recruits (the rest ems promos). For the investigation, physical, med, psych, I think they went up to about 2100's. My numbers could be slightly wrong though so don't quote me on them.

Forum Member

I just called 311 and found out this information:
    for Test/List #6019
    Original # of eligible 21,202
    List # of the last eligible certified: 1206
    List # of the last eligible appointed: 886

Btw thanks 6fthook, looks like your info was pretty accurate.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rtech5 View Post
    I just called 311 and found out this information:
    for Test/List #6019
    Original # of eligible 21,202
    List # of the last eligible certified: 1206
    List # of the last eligible appointed: 886

Btw thanks 6fthook, looks like your info was pretty accurate.
    any idea what "last eligible certified" means?

because my list number is over 1300 but i've completed the physical, medical, psych, and my investigator has told me on more than one occasion that my background investigation is complete.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post

because my list number is over 1300 but i've completed the physical, medical, psych, and my investigator has told me on more than one occasion that my background investigation is complete.
    I am not sure but maybe there is more involved in certifying an eligible. If you could, ask your investigator what it means and post it here to let us know.
    The automated message said it was last updated Sunday May 17th 2009.

Just to let you guys know, after my letter writing campaign against FDNY cuts to councilmen, I got several responses..... if you aren't a part of the solution, then you are a part of the problem

write some freaking letters
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post

Im 1595 and my investigator told me Im certified, I passed everything and was expecting to be in January's class. some of the guys I was at the medical with were 1700+.... Im not sure that the 1300# is good info.

Forum Member

I seriously did not get any responses. I figure their assistants wiped their mouths with them during lunch. Maybe emails are better? I thought personal letters would be more effective.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Pioneer Products

If anyone has had this company contact them regarding buying there wetter water or foam products STEAR CLEAR. Every couple weeks they have called us again saying we now have to order another $800 worth of merchandise. and you cant just send it back without there permission. They have no legal business address only 1-800 #'S and box #'s. We now are in the process of getting lawyers involved in our fight. The company's bill for us comes from a canada address but there main business area is in New York. This is a complete scam. they do send u product but we are certain this is a scam. Small town fire dept's beware.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I seriously did not get any responses. I figure their assistants wiped their mouths with them during lunch. Maybe emails are better? I thought personal letters would be more effective.
    i emailed, one guy got me back from his blackberry literally in minutes.. but thanks for the help

Forum Member

I sent a bunch of letters, only received 1 response so far. Pretty surprised it was a hand written letter. He pretty much agreed with my letter and was against the cuts.

good to hear... i'm just glad i'm not the only one being a thorn in the side of the city...

check out this website

http://unreadyny.blogspot.com/

Forum Member

Not to make light of the situation, but I laughed at this when I scrolled through the list and saw this name:

463.0 Derek E. Jeter .......... r101.76

Things must be really going downhill with the Yanks, eh?

(P.S. Yes, I know the middle name is different)
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

Default Fdny

will they decide by July 1st if there is going to be a Jan 2010 class in the citys budget?

I figure a good sign for a new class would be when people start getting scheduled to re-take their expired medicals. Im hoping they start regiving medicals in July or August.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    i emailed, one guy got me back from his blackberry literally in minutes.. but thanks for the help
    and here's what i got in response to one of my e-mails:

Thank you for your email in opposition to the proposed budget cuts faced by the New York City Fire Department.

I agree with you on this issue. The Fire Department offers vital services to our city that cannot be underestimated. Public safety should not and cannot be sacrificed. Such a strategy will cost the city more in the long run. Budget cuts will have to be made elsewhere.

Please be assured that I will do everything I can to prevent these devastating cuts, and I will urge my colleagues in the City Council to do the same.

Again, thank you for your email. Please feel free to contact my office should you have additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
    Jessica Lappin
    --
    Office of Council Member Jessica Lappin
    330 East 63rd Street, Suite 1K
    New York, NY 10065
    Phone: 212-980-1808
    Fax: 212-980-1828

our voices are being heard, gentlemen =)
    Last edited by fdnyfreak; 05-21-2009 at 06:24 PM.

Forum Member

Default Fdny

is this where i can send my letter?

Jessica Lappin
    --
    Office of Council Member Jessica Lappin
    330 East 63rd Street, Suite 1K
    New York, NY 10065
    Phone: 212-980-1808
    Fax: 212-980-1828

Thread Information