Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

  1. #5026
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    538

    Default Fdny

    Quote Originally Posted by jfTL41 View Post
    I was at the Quartermaster today and they were told to purchase supplies for a January class (the class that was going to be hired in Oct.).
    Hopefully they will have a larger class in January

  2. #5027
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default Large jan class would be great

    Im in the 1900's and am preparing like I'm goin in january even though I know thats not true.
    Side note. What do you fitness guys think about the p90x workout thats always on the infomercials? Has anyone ever done it?

  3. #5028
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Remember what happened last time? I made you look like the retard that you are dude. Why don't you STFU and mind you own. I don't need you telling me about the wtc, like your bitch *** was there. How do you know I wasn't effected by it or know firefighters who were, or have seen friends and family get sick because of all the **** they breathed in down there. How do you know what I've done for my country?

    Get off the forum if you don't have anything good to add. You haven't posted **** here in months and this is what you post? I guess pos still fall through the cracks like you, you were in the last class right? Probably slipped in through the backdoor anyway, guess that explains the bitchassness.
    This is what COULD BE coming on the job?
    You know the funny thing is that your talking that way to someone that is somewhere you wanna be. If anyone needs to shut their mouth and get off the forums believe me its YOU.

    To the guys that are on this forum giving advice to snot nosed kids like this..... Save your time and breath, kids like this punk know it all. let them find things out the hard way.

  4. #5029
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingofdahill View Post
    This is what COULD BE coming on the job?
    You know the funny thing is that your talking that way to someone that is somewhere you wanna be. If anyone needs to shut their mouth and get off the forums believe me its YOU.

    To the guys that are on this forum giving advice to snot nosed kids like this..... Save your time and breath, kids like this punk know it all. let them find things out the hard way.
    Another one who posts every 6 months to gang up on a candidate and posts nothing useful.

  5. #5030
    Forum Member
    SleepyHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    Hopefully they will have a larger class in January
    god willing
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

  6. #5031
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    89

    Talking thank you

    hey guys that been giving us info, thanks ...i find that it helps me out and a bunch of other guys out... ALOT ......JUST TO PUT IT OUT THERE AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

  7. #5032
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Another one who posts every 6 months to gang up on a candidate and posts nothing useful.

    I'll give you some useful advice. keep your mouth shut when you come on these forums. That is some vey very very "useful" advice. You have NO idea who comes on these forums from the job. where you will meet them on the job, or when you will see them on the job. One of the first questions I remember an instructor asking us at the rock was who was so and so on these forum (he rattled off a list of screennames) Sure you can take the cowards way out and not answer them but those are some long hard days at the rock , without a doubt you will be figured out by the end. Your c*ntiness already casts a shadow on you.

  8. #5033
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingofdahill View Post
    One of the first questions I remember an instructor asking us at the rock was who was so and so on these forum (he rattled off a list of screennames)
    Who would do such a thing?

  9. #5034
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn , NY
    Posts
    6

    Default

    What i'm getting out of this is, a brother firefighter has to be a humble man. In life , on the job and even on a forum about the job. I don't think they were trying to getting on you, but just telling you what you need to be ready for once your in. First things first, we are the top guys from 6019. We have to be twice as good , not sitting here worrying about who's pain in waiting to get on the job was worst. A vet will allways and should allways get that respect for finishing what we all wish for. This process is a joke , not the people that are going though it. Just stay in shape and wait for that date set in stone , get in and let all that anger out there.
    Old QNS6019JAN09.

  10. #5035
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Center of the Universe
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barrys896 View Post
    if all it took was eating a **** sandwich... Consider it done.. Where do I sign?
    That comes in later. Its called an "engine meal."

  11. #5036
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Remember what happened last time? I made you look like the retard that you are dude. Why don't you STFU and mind you own. I don't need you telling me about the wtc, like your bitch *** was there. How do you know I wasn't effected by it or know firefighters who were, or have seen friends and family get sick because of all the **** they breathed in down there. How do you know what I've done for my country?

    Get off the forum if you don't have anything good to add. You haven't posted **** here in months and this is what you post? I guess pos still fall through the cracks like you, you were in the last class right? Probably slipped in through the backdoor anyway, guess that explains the bitchassness.
    Ahhhh, here we have the guy who'll spend his entire time at the Rock shining the bell. You don't make anyone but yourself look like a retard, friend. On here crying like a schoolgirl because it's taking longer than you thought to get on and you got the stones to call ANYBODY on here a bitchass?

    News for you big boy; YOU want MY job. Keeping this Department what it is IS my business. I will not STFU as you put it, while sniveling little snot nosed brats like you try to drag down what good men have built.

    Nobody here is interested in listening to you whine about the hiring situation and that's about all that's been coming out of that sewer under your nose for awhile now: YOU get off the forum if you got nothing to add. Every other candidate on here is asking questions, setting up runs to go on together etc. and here you are weeping about how unfairly you're being treated. Nobody else is mouthing off to senior guys either.

    Years in the Marines, hours in the gym, even more hours studying got me a good list number. The same put me in the top 10% of my class at probie school. That's the only door I went through. Maybe if you'd have done the same you would've gotten in on the first class and you wouldn't be where you are now.

    You might want to take the traffic enforcement agent or school safety test; you ain't got what it takes to be a member of this Department. Nothing but a disrespectful, arrogant little punk. And if you do slither your way in, just remember, EVERYBODY is gonna find you out in a week and deal with you accordingly.

  12. #5037
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    flushing
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Mayor Bloomberg never thought FDNY exams were 'biased,' say court papers
    BY John Marzulli
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

    Saturday, September 19th 2009, 4:00 AM
    Related NewsArticles
    Mayor Bloomberg deposed in FDNY lawsuit, backs examsMore minorities take the SAT college entrance exam, but scores didn't riseJudge puts Bloomberg on hot seat in civil firefighters caseMayor Bloomberg says he believed Fire Department written exams were not biased against minorities because that's what FDNY brass and firefighters told him, court papers reveal.

    Bloomberg was grilled for three hours by lawyers for black firefighters who are trying to determine how he responded to the lack of diversity in the largely white department.

    The mayor said he knew the FDNY was mostly white "from my own observations" at graduation ceremonies or visits to headquarters and training facilities.

    Bloomberg said he consulted with a wide range of FDNY rank and file and bosses "as to whether or not they thought the [entrance exam] was biased ... other than to get the best and the brightest."

    "And every time I asked, the answer always was the test, according to them, was not biased," Bloomberg said, according to a transcript of the deposition filed in Brooklyn Federal Court Friday.

    Richard Levy, the attorney for the Vulcan Society, a fraternal organization of black firefighters, noted that the fire commissioner and chief of department were white.

    "Appears to be," Bloomberg replied. "I have never asked his ethnicity."

    The mayor said he did not recall concerns about the exams raised by the Vulcan Society, then-state Sen. David Paterson, Councilwoman Yvette Clarke or the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

    The Justice Department filed a civil suit against the city in 2007 alleging exams discriminated against black and Hispanic applicants. Recently, Brooklyn Federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis ruled the tests illegally excluded more than 1,000 minority candidates.

    Bloomberg acknowledged at the deposition that he had not read the judge's 93-page decision despite his vow to continue fighting the suit.

    City lawyers filed a motion this week seeking dismissal of the suit against Bloomberg himself because he contends he had no knowledge of biased exams.



    http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...rt_papers.html

  13. #5038
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    None ya.
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    Mayor Bloomberg never thought FDNY exams were 'biased,' say court papers
    BY John Marzulli
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

    Saturday, September 19th 2009, 4:00 AM
    Related NewsArticles
    Mayor Bloomberg deposed in FDNY lawsuit, backs examsMore minorities take the SAT college entrance exam, but scores didn't riseJudge puts Bloomberg on hot seat in civil firefighters caseMayor Bloomberg says he believed Fire Department written exams were not biased against minorities because that's what FDNY brass and firefighters told him, court papers reveal.

    Bloomberg was grilled for three hours by lawyers for black firefighters who are trying to determine how he responded to the lack of diversity in the largely white department.

    The mayor said he knew the FDNY was mostly white "from my own observations" at graduation ceremonies or visits to headquarters and training facilities.

    Bloomberg said he consulted with a wide range of FDNY rank and file and bosses "as to whether or not they thought the [entrance exam] was biased ... other than to get the best and the brightest."

    "And every time I asked, the answer always was the test, according to them, was not biased," Bloomberg said, according to a transcript of the deposition filed in Brooklyn Federal Court Friday.

    Richard Levy, the attorney for the Vulcan Society, a fraternal organization of black firefighters, noted that the fire commissioner and chief of department were white.

    "Appears to be," Bloomberg replied. "I have never asked his ethnicity."

    The mayor said he did not recall concerns about the exams raised by the Vulcan Society, then-state Sen. David Paterson, Councilwoman Yvette Clarke or the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

    The Justice Department filed a civil suit against the city in 2007 alleging exams discriminated against black and Hispanic applicants. Recently, Brooklyn Federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis ruled the tests illegally excluded more than 1,000 minority candidates.

    Bloomberg acknowledged at the deposition that he had not read the judge's 93-page decision despite his vow to continue fighting the suit.

    City lawyers filed a motion this week seeking dismissal of the suit against Bloomberg himself because he contends he had no knowledge of biased exams.



    http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...rt_papers.html
    How does one determine that a test is discriminatory only to blacks and Hispanics? Are they in some way or another saying that those two groups are just by human nature more dumb than whites and cannot answer questions that say only a white candidate could answer? I just don't understand where the logic of this case is coming from. If they're not admitting that then how can one say that a black candidate could not answer a question on the test as well as a white candidate. What exact principals are they basing off of that says the questions are discriminatory?! Also are they giving bonus "minority" points on the exam now? I've seen that done before in a city before.

  14. #5039
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bed-Stuy Brooklyn
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thanojon View Post
    Also are they giving bonus "minority" points on the exam now? I've seen that done before in a city before.
    I think philly did something crazy like that to improve minority numbers. I wonder if the judge and Vulcan society are looking for that to be the new bonus points given for the FDNY written section.

  15. #5040
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    44

    Default

    if they gave extra credit because of your race i will file 20 lawsuits.....with obama in office im surprised he didnt do that yet since he wants to redistribute the wealth and give everything for free....

  16. #5041
    Forum Member
    SleepyHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx
    Posts
    435

    Default

    every place that has had a quota put in place has had it overturned, because in the end "reverse discrimination" is still discrimination.
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

  17. #5042
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcals3 View Post
    if they gave extra credit because of your race i will file 20 lawsuits
    I'm with you on that one

  18. #5043
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carryon0311 View Post
    Ahhhh, here we have the guy who'll spend his entire time at the Rock shining the bell. You don't make anyone but yourself look like a retard, friend. On here crying like a schoolgirl because it's taking longer than you thought to get on and you got the stones to call ANYBODY on here a bitchass?

    News for you big boy; YOU want MY job. Keeping this Department what it is IS my business. I will not STFU as you put it, while sniveling little snot nosed brats like you try to drag down what good men have built.

    Nobody here is interested in listening to you whine about the hiring situation and that's about all that's been coming out of that sewer under your nose for awhile now: YOU get off the forum if you got nothing to add. Every other candidate on here is asking questions, setting up runs to go on together etc. and here you are weeping about how unfairly you're being treated. Nobody else is mouthing off to senior guys either.

    Years in the Marines, hours in the gym, even more hours studying got me a good list number. The same put me in the top 10% of my class at probie school. That's the only door I went through. Maybe if you'd have done the same you would've gotten in on the first class and you wouldn't be where you are now.

    You might want to take the traffic enforcement agent or school safety test; you ain't got what it takes to be a member of this Department. Nothing but a disrespectful, arrogant little punk. And if you do slither your way in, just remember, EVERYBODY is gonna find you out in a week and deal with you accordingly.

    Dont sweat it brother, this little chump is cyring the blues cause he has to wait for this job! I waited much longer than 3-4-5 yrs for this job after realizing its what I was destined to do. Now the job falls through his hands like sand and he wants to cry to us, the brothers on hand, crying about how his life sucks and he needs this job for whatever reason and we dont know his situation and whatever, do me a favor you little baby, GO FIND A JOB WHILE YOU WAIT LIKE THE REST OF US HAD TO DO! I delivered chinese food and worked as an apprentice makin minimum wage while i waited and waited to get called, I never cried the blues while I had a wife to take care of and bills out the *** and on and on and on. MAKE IT HAPPEN and stop crying like theres noone else out there with the same/worse situation than you are in!

    343

  19. #5044
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Were you, really? Did they skip your list number because of something minor and you missed the first academy class off your list? Did they then tell you "don't worry its only 6 months?" Did you then, six months later, accept the offer of employment presented to you after completing the run? Did you then, three days later, receive a letter rescinding that offer of employment? Did you then go back and retake your medical because it expired? Where you then told October is a sure thing by pretty much everybody at your medical retake? Did you then read everybody's post today on the forums once again with the news that the class has been postponed once again?

    My point is, there is only so much we can take of this knowing how close we are without going absolutely insane and feeling taken advantage of by the city because they know we'll be there when they call. Although I know you guys are on the job and are trying to offer us sound advice, but you are on the job already, you do not know each candidate's personal situation. I know some of you waited five years to get on, etc. Honestly I would almost rather have a higher list number and be able to put this on the back burner and pursue other things, but you can't really pursue something major when you are told you'll be hired in a few months.

    All I'm trying to say is, this is not like having that toy underneath the tree, its a lot more serious than that, this is NOT a sure thing.

    P.S. Yes calm and fred call me a crybaby, igm, cry me a river, call this a sob story. But how many months or weeks did you wait from the time you got the call to your first day at the rock?
    You really should do some research before you jump down some peoples throats. Some of the guys on this job got a shaft so much longer and fatter than anything you can think of. I know guys who got called for a class only to have it postponed for a law suit and it was 7 years ya I said 7 years before they got on the job.
    I know it sucks to have to wait and to have it get postponed but you are not alone it has happened to many people though out the years.

    Heed the warnings about this rant and Proby school. Some one finds out who you are and they will, it will just make life all that more difficult. You do not need the aggravation. Swallow the jagged little pill and smile.
    #1 rule never let them know your weakness.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

  20. #5045
    Forum Member
    SleepyHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx
    Posts
    435

    Default

    23 Guys were on the retirement orders today, Brings this years total to 276, and the projected year end to 370. Retirements tend to spike in summer and at the end of the year, so hopefully this will be the case.


    Hope all the guys get more years out of the city than they put in!
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

  21. #5046
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Thank you again matt2327 and johnnyboy for the advice on my knee...i took a week off and took care of my knee and went running yesterday...my knee feels 100% and the 10 minute warmup and cooldown is a must....just gonna keep running and working out as if the academy is starting in october because at this point other than 3000 rumors there hasnt been any official word on whats going on...better to be prepared just incase a certain letter shows up in my mailbox one day

  22. #5047
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bed-Stuy Brooklyn
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SI6019 View Post
    ..better to be prepared just incase a certain letter shows up in my mailbox one day
    Im praying on it my man.

  23. #5048
    Forum Member
    SleepyHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx
    Posts
    435

    Default

    check out money.cnn.com.

    Federal government says that the economy is getting better. For as much as we all have negative feelings toward bloomberg, scopetta, and the city, the economy is the root of all our problems, and those problems will not be solved until the economy gets better.

    Things are (so far) falling into line with the economists predictions that the GDP will return to growth this quarter.
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

  24. #5049

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Im new here fellas, I read on the fdny website that they hired about 200 people off exam #6019, and went all the way up to list #886, my list # is in the high 4000's, what do you think my chances are if they tae 2 classes a year I feel like I would have a shot being that they are almost up to list #1000 with it expiring in june of 2012. Any advice or info would be great for a person in the "hotspot" of the list where i could make or miss the cutoff!

  25. #5050
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRusso1983 View Post
    Im new here fellas, I read on the fdny website that they hired about 200 people off exam #6019, and went all the way up to list #886, my list # is in the high 4000's, what do you think my chances are if they tae 2 classes a year I feel like I would have a shot being that they are almost up to list #1000 with it expiring in june of 2012. Any advice or info would be great for a person in the "hotspot" of the list where i could make or miss the cutoff!
    All your answers are in the 5283 other posts in this thread. Did you read them yet?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Test 6019-Union Square Protest
    By exp1isastreet in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 11:31 PM
  2. List #6019
    By ffbam24 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 09:59 PM
  3. FDNY List #6019
    By MailBox123 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 07:54 PM
  4. FDNY Exam #6019????
    By HouyBoy in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 11:50 AM
  5. FDNY Exam #6019-John Jay College Forum
    By exp1isastreet in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 04:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register