Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 217 of 618 FirstFirst ... 117167207214215216217218219220227267317 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,340 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

  1. #4321
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bed-Stuy Brooklyn
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BK6019 View Post
    How many weeks are the classes now, since the 6 mo classes seem to still be off the table??
    The class length was reduced to 18 weeks right before the cancellation of the Jan 09 class. So I believe 18 weeks is the time length as of right now, i haven't heard otherwise.


  2. #4322
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    504

    Default

    If the state senate keeps this **** up, I wouldn't be surprised if the fire company closures are resurrected. Bloomberg claims the city is losing 2 mill everyday that the budget isn't passed, it took 16 mill not to close companies. We all know bloomberg wants to close companies, this gives him the perfect opportunity to blame it on someone else.

  3. #4323
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    If the state senate keeps this **** up, I wouldn't be surprised if the fire company closures are resurrected. Bloomberg claims the city is losing 2 mill everyday that the budget isn't passed, it took 16 mill not to close companies. We all know bloomberg wants to close companies, this gives him the perfect opportunity to blame it on someone else.

    I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I just didn't want to put any bad mojo out there...

  4. #4324
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    95

    Default

    If you go to nyc.gov and click on press releases. On June 30th scroll down to where it talks about the $29 mil stimulus funds. Near the bottom it says FDNY and sayd 4 mil to hiring and for retaining 18 fire marshals

  5. #4325
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bed-Stuy Brooklyn
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pronch1360 View Post
    Hey guys,

    Like many of you, I was close in January and a certainty for July had all gone according to plan. Now I'm back in school, but out of state. If I buy a house out of state (where I'm in school) how will that affect my residency status?

    Thanks,
    Pronch
    I think you only have to be a resident a year before and up to your background investigation. If you relocated out of the city after then I don't think thats held against you, but i'm not positive. That info should be easy to find on the FDNY website where the requirements are posted or you can call metrotech.

  6. #4326
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    67

    Default

    I believe March 07 - March 08 was the residency requirement for points. But at the time of appointment you need to be a resident within one of the counties surrounding NYC. I could be wrong though...

  7. #4327
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    72

    Default

    http://www.ufanyc.org/cms/contents/view/6652

    Governor Signs the General Benefits Extender
    On Wednesday July 1st, the Governor signed the GENERAL BENEFITS EXTENDER which extends certain temporary benefits and supplementation programs including the Heart Bill, Cancer Bill, HAT Bill and ITHP.

    While all incumbent employees would not have been affected by a veto, any new firefighters would not be covered by the same protections had the governor vetoed this important legislation.

    There was considerable doubt as to whether he was going to sign it since he recently vetoed the Tier II Pension Extender. After intense lobbying by the UFA and other uniformed unions the Governor agreed to sign the extender. There is currently no solution to the Governor's veto of Tier II since the State Senate still has no solution to the leadership issue.

    As soon as that is resolved we can work on restoring Tier II benefits to any future firefighters. Currently the Department has no plans to hire firefighters until next year. Further information can be found in the upcoming issue of Firelines.

    Fraternally,

    Stephen J. Cassidy
    President

  8. #4328
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Take everything with a grain of salt at this point and stay in shape.

  9. #4329
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    538

    Default Fdny

    Quote Originally Posted by fdnyjan09 View Post
    http://www.ufanyc.org/cms/contents/view/6652

    Governor Signs the General Benefits Extender
    On Wednesday July 1st, the Governor signed the GENERAL BENEFITS EXTENDER which extends certain temporary benefits and supplementation programs including the Heart Bill, Cancer Bill, HAT Bill and ITHP.

    While all incumbent employees would not have been affected by a veto, any new firefighters would not be covered by the same protections had the governor vetoed this important legislation.

    There was considerable doubt as to whether he was going to sign it since he recently vetoed the Tier II Pension Extender. After intense lobbying by the UFA and other uniformed unions the Governor agreed to sign the extender. There is currently no solution to the Governor's veto of Tier II since the State Senate still has no solution to the leadership issue.

    As soon as that is resolved we can work on restoring Tier II benefits to any future firefighters. Currently the Department has no plans to hire firefighters until next year. Further information can be found in the upcoming issue of Firelines.

    Fraternally,

    Stephen J. Cassidy
    President
    what is the HAT bill? Looks like there will be no new classes until Jan 2010. Im fine with that. Just hoping that it will be a class of 300 strong.

  10. #4330
    Forum Member SleepyHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    Just hoping that it will be a class of 300 strong.
    Amen brother!
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

  11. #4331
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn , NY
    Posts
    6

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    what is the HAT bill? Looks like there will be no new classes until Jan 2010. Im fine with that. Just hoping that it will be a class of 300 strong.
    Dam , i wish i could take a nap until then. It's no fun haveing your life in the hands of Pu**ys.
    Old QNS6019JAN09.

  12. #4332
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    what is the HAT bill? Looks like there will be no new classes until Jan 2010. Im fine with that. Just hoping that it will be a class of 300 strong.
    HIV-AIDS-TB Presumptive bills. The presumption is they were contracted in the line of duty.

  13. #4333
    FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BK6019 View Post
    Dam , i wish i could take a nap until then. It's no fun haveing your life in the hands of Pu**ys.
    I Lol'd at this. Well put. Simple...but on the money.

  14. #4334
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    flushing
    Posts
    806

    Default

    FDNY is down -140+ todAY, and they were -100+ yesterday..................... .

  15. #4335
    Forum Member nyckftbl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On a Hill, overlooking George's Kingdom
    Posts
    2,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    FDNY is down -140+ todAY, and they were -100+ yesterday..................... .
    holiday weekend during the summer. Although weve been down a bit...these numbers arent a fair representation.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

  16. #4336
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    474

    Default

    so ive been thinking about it alot like iam sure everyone else on here has and heres what ive come up with. the hiring freeze for a year makes total sense because A-the econmic crisis going on in america. B-without taking a year or so off the list could not reach its potential numbers that it had in the past there by causing speculation to certain people reguarding unfair hiring, sparking lawsuits etc. if they kept hiring this past year at a rate of 100 per class this list would barely make 2000. after all the time money and scrutiny surrounding this list it is necessary that it be successful in its purpose of diversifying the department. by letting it sit for a little as retirement and attrition continues it gives way to allow more numbers be reached....long story short politicians are dumb but not stupid

  17. #4337
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    so ive been thinking about it alot like iam sure everyone else on here has and heres what ive come up with. the hiring freeze for a year makes total sense because A-the econmic crisis going on in america. B-without taking a year or so off the list could not reach its potential numbers that it had in the past there by causing speculation to certain people reguarding unfair hiring, sparking lawsuits etc. if they kept hiring this past year at a rate of 100 per class this list would barely make 2000. after all the time money and scrutiny surrounding this list it is necessary that it be successful in its purpose of diversifying the department. by letting it sit for a little as retirement and attrition continues it gives way to allow more numbers be reached....long story short politicians are dumb but not stupid
    New Pension Tier is not in place yet and you will not see hiring until it's resolved.

  18. #4338
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    55

    Default Bronx Step-Mill Machine

    Do any of you guys out there know of any gyms in the Bronx that have a stepmill machine? I've called atleast 6 with no luck so far. Thank you for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

  19. #4339
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Many thanks to all the veterans who served our country and the founding fathers who fought for our freedom and made the sacrifices that enabled me to live a free life.

  20. #4340
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arbrnranger View Post
    Do any of you guys out there know of any gyms in the Bronx that have a stepmill machine? I've called atleast 6 with no luck so far. Thank you for your time, it is greatly appreciated.
    just about every NYSC has one I believe

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Test 6019-Union Square Protest
    By exp1isastreet in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 10:31 PM
  2. List #6019
    By ffbam24 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 08:59 PM
  3. FDNY List #6019
    By MailBox123 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 06:54 PM
  4. FDNY Exam #6019????
    By HouyBoy in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 10:50 AM
  5. FDNY Exam #6019-John Jay College Forum
    By exp1isastreet in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts