Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 618 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253272122522 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

What's the address you guys are supposed to be going to?

Forum Member

Default cpat orientation

the address is 43-11, i believe 43rd st......number is on hte side of the brick building.....if you get there early enough....hr or so....you can park right on 43rd st. just watch the signs...anyone in the 700's got for anything other than the interview and cpat orientation??

Forum Member

43-11 34st LIC.. there should be some parking underneath the train on Queens Blvd

Folks should be able to find parking there under the train.
    7 Train stops there at 33rd St too. (homerun)
    Either way it's a one block walk from there.

Forum Member

The parking lots underneath the train were all full, and some lots were reserved for construction vehichles and equiptment. The train is the best bet, stop is 1 block away.

Forum Member

Default cpat orientation

Is the second orientation actually mandatory for us to attend or is it only mandatory that it be offered to us??

Forum Member

Do these replies not post the first time you use it? Well, I'm in the low 2000's, just wondering if anyone heard rumors of when the next group will go. Good luck to all of you!

Forum Member

Hey, to the guys that have already taken the med/psych, about what time did you get out?

Mine got rescheduled to a work day, and Im wondering if I should bother looking into a shift change.

Oh, and what goes on with the two DCAS sessions in LIC? I got them both on the same day!

Forum Member

about what list number are they up too for the med/psyc

Forum Member

overheard a guy in my prep class in the 500's said he did the psych already and has his med friday

Forum Member

Default psych

can anyone say whats up with the psych. do they fail people regularly. a little nervous cause its the only thing i cant control. oh also do they do a lung function test in the med or is it only the stair step deal

Pulmonary/lung function test, yes.
    Blowing into the tube for as long as you can then inhaling.

Blood draw
    Urine sample
    Pulmonary function
    Chest x-ray
    EKG
    Vision
    Hearing
    Stair stepper (220-age) x .9 = Max HR
    Doctor

Heard a couple weeks back that A LOT of people were failing the stair machine.

Forum Member

I'm in the mid-300s and haven't been scheduled for either med or psych. I'm in the midst of my two CPAT training sessions, and am doing the weekly training session, but that's it. I called CID, the lady tells me I've been assigned an Investigator and to ask him. I call and call and can't seem to get ahold of him, or hear back. So I have no idea what's going on and am incredibly frustrated.

Forum Member

Finally got ahold of him. He says the medical should be happening in the next few weeks, but that they're not going in numeric order-so I have no idea how they decide who goes when. I also haven't been scheduled for the psych becasue I don't have to do one-I did it for EMS a year or so ago, so I fill out an 'updated' evaluation at my medical and that will be that.

Forum Member

list #11xx. been to a bunch of orientations and interviews lately. they sent out another 200 packets b/c alot of people were failing or just not taking the job. they say that there is a pos. that list numbers form 1001 to 1200 could get on the job first class but highly unlikely..they just want to be on the safe side more than anything. with a little bit of hope and luck though these list numbers can make the june 30th class as well. good luck to all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Investigator

Hopefully09 you should have been assigned an investigator by now. You can call and find out who is your investigator but they are extremely busy as you can imagine. I sent in a bunch of paperwork and after my Psyc I went up to see her and make sure she got it. She told me she had not even got to my packet yet to review my paperwork. She said when they get to a packet they will notify you by mail if you are missing anything and if you need to go in to see them. If you are all set you may never see your investigator is what she told me. Hope that helps!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    Maybe they are going by who has all their stuff in for their packets

HOw long does it take to get assigned an investigator, I went 2 weeks ago. Do they call you?
    I wasn't missing anything from the original packet, at least according to the 'check list.' Just have my March TV bill to mail in. But I agree with ant-my investigator said he was only at around List No. 160 in going through the packets, so he won't even see mine for about a week.
    But I didn't know I had been assigned one until I called CID. She gave me his name & no.

Forum Member

You have to call CID to get your investigators name and #.

Havent gotten anything for medical yet. I just got a letter for the psych and also a letter that I am missing something from the checklist.

Forum Member

Default june 20th class

anyone here if they will place people from the 700's in the june class??

Forum Member

does anyone know if you have 14 college credits will they let it slide or if you have the six months full time work experience do you have to show them all the weekly paychecks in that time frame or will they do that for you?

Thread Information