Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

it takes a few days to post a message or what? so this is my 4th time saying it, but congrats to all of you who are making it, the info you's are giving out is priceless for the next batch (hopefully me). just wanted to say keep it up fellas. and congratulations again.

FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NYCTruckie View Post
    I don't know where the .9 is coming from but when I took the test it was 200 - my age which was 32. The older you are the lower the heart rate maximum is. I was quite ****ed about that.

If a Lt. at the Rock is saying otherwise, well, I can't go against him. Things change all the time with the FD. BUT, if I was going to take the test I would be prepared for all possibilities. Train for the 200 number instead of the 220. Either way you will be very prepared!
    220-age x 0.09 comes out the same as 200 - age in almost all cases sir.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    Emotionally Disturbed Person....wack job...nut case...lunatic...etc.

FTM-PTB
    Now now...the PC for EDP is AMS

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by timpala View Post
    that number on the front of the dcas paper..where is that located i don't see any numbers that are close to my list number..the number i see is my zip then 1207...
    I don't see any number either

Forum Member

i get them on some of the papers it is usually on the top portion that you have to rip off to open the DCAS letter

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    Just got my letter for my psych, going on Saturday. Is it a long day? What were people wearing?
    The letter I received says the dress is casual and the Investigator I spoke with said it'd be about 6 hours. I'm sure that's the max time they'll allow for the test and I'm guessing you don't have to stay after you finish; but I don't know that for certain.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

Dress casually sweatpants, Jeans, sweatshirt thats what everyone was wearing. Yes, you may leave as soon as you finish, I was out by 12 as most others also were. I was on time and the test didnt begin at least till an hour after. Its very informal ,there was one proctor the whole time for the whole group, You MUST bring ID, a kid showed up with nothing and she sent him home, wonder how he got past the nypd posts outside, like showing them an IDdoes anything anyway.

Theres like 562 T/F questions and 100 yes/no questions, also asks about your arrests, summonses, who lived in your house growing up and what are their occupations, asks If you have ever seen a psychologist, psychiatrist, therapist, counselor, and if you have ever been prescribed medication by them, what kind, how long, etc, etc.
    They ask a lot of the same questions in different ways, they are looking for continuity. Many of them are ridiculous, kept asking if you had stomach pains, headaches, shortness of breath etc. Guess they are looking to see if you have anxiety attacks or a lot of stress ?? You should be fine as long as your not an EDP, in an Altered Mental state, but hey who knows there are a lot of FDNY super buff wierdos out there!

Then you have to draw a picture of a house, person(no stick figures) and tree and write a description of what is going on in the pictures. I am terrible at drawing, so this took up a majority of my time. Just dont draw anything wierd just make the people doing normal things cooking, cleaning ,mowing lawn, etc etc. I heard that if you put shudders on your house, they think you have something to hide and might be a drug dealer or some b/s. I majored in psych who knows what these pyschologist can drum up.
    Dont break a sweat, its just tedious.
    Good Luck

BTW Did anyone get their cpat practice dates in consecutive days or very close to each other ?

Forum Member

I have 4/12, 4/25, 5/1 for the cpat........wat about you...

Forum Member

Talking

QUEENS6019 is RIGHT!

Fellas Queens 6019 is right. I took the same test for the NYPD! Dude you hit it on the money. But the NYPD test was about 1100 questions. It sucked big time. Oh and they also ask a lot of questions to see if your a biggot or gay LOL

BTW I have nothing against gay people. I hate everybody the same LOL
    Last edited by Jimmy2times; 03-25-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Forum Member

i swear to god i bet all those psychologists just have us draw those pictures so they can all compare them after work over some beers and get a good laugh. when i draw mine they are going to think i have down sydrome

Forum Member

just curious they've reached list number 1207 so what score range is that around is it 99-100?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris View Post
    i swear to god i bet all those psychologists just have us draw those pictures so they can all compare them after work over some beers and get a good laugh. when i draw mine they are going to think i have down sydrome
    LOL, don't think about it too much just relax. You get yourself thinking too much or worrying about it and you might screw stuff up.

Forum Member

does anyone have the chart for the weight you gotta pass at the medical...couple of people have asked me and i dont know what to give them

Forum Member

Someone had said this a while back.

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/met.htm

But honestly if they are even thinking that they are overweight, they sure as sh1t aren't gonna pass the heart rate part.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'll post it later.
    Have to convert it from a photo I took of "the chart" when doing company medicals.

Forum Member

For the FDNY It is 20% more than the Metropolitan Life Chart. So times whatever your weight should be according to your height from the chart by .2 then add it on.

Large Frame Male 5' 10" = 180 lbs max (according to the chart)

180 x .2 = 36

180 + 36 = 216

Does anyone know exactly what timeframe they ask for proof of residency? If they call me next year and give me the packet, will they ask me for proof of residency from march of 07 or March of 08?
    Cuz I don't have any proof (bills) that show that I lived in Brooklyn with my brother and my only bill I never changed the address on since I get paperless statements.

Has anyone lost their residency credit and if so, how far back do they put you?

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry, haven't had a chance to convert that chart yet. Will have it by the end of the weekend here.

Here's a FYI; Recruitment Unit is already starting up for the next test.
    Passed by a table with banners and literature this morning at one subway stop. Calling out to passersby to, "Join the FDNY!"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Here's a FYI; Recruitment Unit is already starting up for the next test.
    Passed by a table with banners and literature this morning at one subway stop. Calling out to passersby to, "Join the FDNY!"
    They always recruit. While most of their recruitment is for EMS, they also give Fire info.

Seems you can't ever get enough people who want an ems gig.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jremNY View Post
    They always recruit. While most of their recruitment is for EMS, they also give Fire info.

Seems you can't ever get enough people who want an ems gig.
    Ahhhh....
    I've never come across them actively recruiting.
    They were handing out info on both though.

Quote Originally Posted by stang93 View Post
    whats up new to this forum but was wondering on how deep do you guys feel the list would go. i read some where that people who got in the 90s might get called, is there any truth to this? thanks
    I hope this is the case but I dont know. My list number is 2466 which is decent. My brother got 91.6 on his written test and his number is waaaay up there. Like 11000. I am 5'11 and 200 pounds, decent shape. He is 6'4 230 and built like a rock. Judging from this he should get the job over me. I read that the last test went to 4800

Forum Member

Anyone here have PRK laser eye surgery done? And if so how long did it take for your vision to correct after the surgery? I'm goin in for it tomorrow morning.

Forum Member

Default is there an oral psychological?

does anyone know if there is an oral psychological? i ask because im getting mixed responses. also after the cpat and written portion of the psychological how long does it take b4 you're scheduled for the next set of tests?

Forum Member

I've only had Lasik, but I have heard only good things about PRK. It's been around longer than Lasik and is generally the preferred method used by surgeons. Good luck with it buddy.

Forum Member

what is the fdny vision requirement.....mine is 20/40 uncorrected....is that good enough?

Thread Information