Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

MembersZone Subscriber

Okay, I abbreviated it somewhat. But this is what is gone by at BHS, based on a MAX 20% Body Fat for a given height in inches:
    Height Weight
    66" 196.8
    67 201.6
    68 206.4
    69 211.2
    70 216.0
    71 220.8
    72 225.6
    73 230.4
    74 236.4
    75 242.4
    76 248.4

If you are over these numbers, you are considered overweight and will need to be under in order to pass the medical.

(Sorry, it's a little bunched up. It's not taking my formatting.)

Forum Member

Default FFbam24

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Okay, I abbreviated it somewhat. But this is what is gone by at BHS, based on a MAX 20% Body Fat for a given height in inches:
    Height Weight
    66" 196.8
    67 201.6
    68 206.4
    69 211.2
    70 216.0
    71 220.8
    72 225.6
    73 230.4
    74 236.4
    75 242.4
    76 248.4

If you are over these numbers, you are considered overweight and will need to be under in order to pass the medical.

(Sorry, it's a little bunched up. It's not taking my formatting.)
    So 75" Equals appox 6'2 ,Right?
    Last edited by Jimmy2times; 03-30-2008 at 10:53 PM. Reason: nothing

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2times View Post
    6'3"

In other news, the Lt. at the Rock doing the CPAT prep classes said that due to the drop-off in attendance, he's lifting the 'only come to the day/time youre scheduled for' rule, and encouraging people to come whenever and as often as they want.

He also said that once people start passing the test, hes going to separate them and start training for the academy.

How 'bout them apples?

Forum Member

Wow, that is GREAT news. Sadly I won't be able to go this weekend again b/c of the whole laser beam thing. If anyone goes on saturday morning, tell em the red head from group one isn't a bitch and I'll be back shortly.

Forum Member

just wondering..Dont they usually post the list in the Chief? I'm not sure if they did or if this is even the final list just curious though

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    6'3"

In other news, the Lt. at the Rock doing the CPAT prep classes said that due to the drop-off in attendance, he's lifting the 'only come to the day/time youre scheduled for' rule, and encouraging people to come whenever and as often as they want.

He also said that once people start passing the test, hes going to separate them and start training for the academy.

How 'bout them apples?
    -Is it safe to say that this "drop off" in attendance is another confirming fact that this first 6019 class will roll through a decent amount of #'s ? The FDNY website confirms they have called up to #1207. Wondering how deep they will go for the first class

Forum Member

Is this "drop off" in attendence at the cpat practices another confirming fact that the first class of list 6019 will roll through a decent amount of #'s

The FDNY site says that they have called up to #1207.

Wondering how deep they will need to go for this first class

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2times View Post
    Math isn't your strong point is it?

This is great. If you think you're already in shape for Probie School, you are mistaken. There will be some who aren't too challenged, but the majority will be. Take advantage of this. I don't know how it will be run, but if you're lucky, it'll be like a regular PT session.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    Anyone here have PRK laser eye surgery done? And if so how long did it take for your vision to correct after the surgery? I'm goin in for it tomorrow morning.
    Hey Irish I went in about getting lasik done and they told me that I would need the PRK surgery also. I was wondering where you went and how much did they quote you at? Because my quote was for $4,000 was just curious if this was alot or about right. O yeah and how it all worked out? being you said you was going in the day after you posted.
    List # 13**

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Rant

Any one read the rant lately. Daily News had an article in it on Saturday or Sunday about how the city wants to shut 20 firehouses and go down 520 FF to offset the budget crisis!! Thats not good!!!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Good thing's happening

Quote Originally Posted by ant195 View Post
    Any one read the rant lately. Daily News had an article in it on Saturday or Sunday about how the city wants to shut 20 firehouses and go down 520 FF to offset the budget crisis!! Thats not good!!!
    Sounds like a rumor since I have searched all over and haven't seen or heard about it. I went to the Daily News, NY Post, silive.come and Wcbstv.com oh yeah and I even googled it and nothing. If anything fdny guys who look at this thread and remain quiet will chime in.

Rob

Forum Member

Thanks a lot for the info skyline. Does anyone know the dates and times for the rock cpat? is it mon-thurs at 6 and sat, sun at 9 or 10 ( i can't remember) and you can go whenever you want? thanks in advance. Does anyone know about what # they are up to for the medical?. Do you think people over 1000 have a chance for the june class? THANKS #10**

Forum Member

Default ????

6'3"

How 'bout them apples?

Could anybody thats on the 6019 list go and practice, Or only the list numbers that was called, could go and practice?
    Last edited by Jimmy2times; 03-31-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: nothing

Forum Member

Jimmy, you can only go to the practice sessions at the rock if they have gotten up to your list#, i think they called up to 1207 for the prep calasses , but they are calling more and more because the people that were in the first prep classes are taking their physicals now and in the next few weeks to into the month of may. When you go to the rock you need a fdny recruitment postcard card to get into the gate and then you have to sign in with picture id and they check your name from a list

Forum Member

Default Thx!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    Jimmy, you can only go to the practice sessions at the rock if they have gotten up to your list#, i think they called up to 1207 for the prep calasses , but they are calling more and more because the people that were in the first prep classes are taking their physicals now and in the next few weeks to into the month of may. When you go to the rock you need a fdny recruitment postcard card to get into the gate and then you have to sign in with picture id and they check your name from a list
    Queens6019 Thanks for the info dude!
    Last edited by Jimmy2times; 03-31-2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: noyjing

Forum Member

Default ???

What I need to know ( And I'm sure I speak for most people on the list ) Is anybody, currently doing probie school at the rock? I'm sure it's kinda tuff but I wan't to hear some details from somebody that did it recently (from the last list/test ) or somebody that's doing it now. Thx in advance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorC View Post
    Hey Irish I went in about getting lasik done and they told me that I would need the PRK surgery also. I was wondering where you went and how much did they quote you at? Because my quote was for $4,000 was just curious if this was alot or about right. O yeah and how it all worked out? being you said you was going in the day after you posted.
    I went to an eye surgeon upstate in fishkill. Dr. Eric Brocks at Hudson Valley Eye Surgeons. I paid 4800 for my surgery for both eyes, they knocked 200bucks off for me for saying I was doing it for FDNY. Talk to them about it though, it's not an automatic thing.

About the suregery itself. PRK is the only eye surgery that the military allows. Instrad of cutting a flap like they do in lasik they remove the surface of your eye with a brush thing. It's really not bad at all. Just a very very weird feeling, becuase you're not used to anything like that. The whole procedure from the time I laid down in the chair to when I got up couldn't have been more than 10 minutes. The laser part took me about 15 seconds per eye. ( I got em both in the same day even though they don't recommend it) Today I went in for my 24 hour post op. and had another eye test. I have BETTER than 20/20 vision already. And with PRK your vision continues to get better for about 2-3 weeks. I can see better than I could with my contacts. Obviously by typing this long post you can see I'm ex tactic with the results.
    4000 is about th tange you should be in for both eyes yes. Ask them how often the get their **** calibrated, and I don't mean right before every patient, which is prob what they are gonna say. Cheaper places only get the equipment checked once in a while, while the good places do it often( the process is very expensive).

Well all said and told, I'd reccomend PRK to everyone that has vision problems, it was simple, doesn't hurt at all and best of all you can finally see like you were supposed to. Feel free to pm me if anyone has any more questions

Forum Member

Glad to see it went well. Also thanks for all the info.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Default Congrt!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    I went to an eye surgeon upstate in fishkill. Dr. Eric Brocks at Hudson Valley Eye Surgeons. I paid 4800 for my surgery for both eyes, they knocked 200bucks off for me for saying I was doing it for FDNY. Talk to them about it though, it's not an automatic thing.

About the suregery itself. PRK is the only eye surgery that the military allows. Instrad of cutting a flap like they do in lasik they remove the surface of your eye with a brush thing. It's really not bad at all. Just a very very weird feeling, becuase you're not used to anything like that. The whole procedure from the time I laid down in the chair to when I got up couldn't have been more than 10 minutes. The laser part took me about 15 seconds per eye. ( I got em both in the same day even though they don't recommend it) Today I went in for my 24 hour post op. and had another eye test. I have BETTER than 20/20 vision already. And with PRK your vision continues to get better for about 2-3 weeks. I can see better than I could with my contacts. Obviously by typing this long post you can see I'm ex tactic with the results.
    4000 is about th tange you should be in for both eyes yes. Ask them how often the get their **** calibrated, and I don't mean right before every patient, which is prob what they are gonna say. Cheaper places only get the equipment checked once in a while, while the good places do it often( the process is very expensive).

Well all said and told, I'd reccomend PRK to everyone that has vision problems, it was simple, doesn't hurt at all and best of all you can finally see like you were supposed to. Feel free to pm me if anyone has any more questions
    ( Irish6019 ) Congrats Dude! I'm glad it work out for you!
    Last edited by Jimmy2times; 04-01-2008 at 04:36 PM.

Forum Member

Default cpat prep at rock

Does anyone remember the days of the week and times for the rock practices since we can go whenever we want now? I believe its Mon-thurs at 6, but I can't remember the weekend times. Thanks a lot. Shanny

Forum Member

hello fellas, I dont mean to stir the pot but im just curious, didnt Bloomberg say in a Press Conference this week that there is gonna be a hiring freeze on Fire Dept. Hiring? again, not trying to spread rumors, just as curious as anyone else. thanks.

Forum Member

Thanks a lot for the info skyline. Does anyone know the dates and times for the rock cpat? is it mon-thurs at 6 and sat, sun at 9 or 10 ( i can't remember) and you can go whenever you want? thanks in advance. Does anyone know about what # they are up to for the medical?. Do you think people over 1000 have a chance for the june class? THANKS #10**

Forum Member

The classes start at 6 during the week, mon-thurs. ON sat and sun, the morning class starts at 8, I think the afternoon is at 1. I go on saturday mornings.

Don't worry or listen to ANY rumors regarding a freeze. If your number has potential to be in that first class, you best be working your *** of to be ready. F-ck hearsay, and bust your @ss for the academy.

Forum Member

hey guys, this is my first post so i dont really know if i did it rite. anyway got a few questions first of all good luck to everyone going through the process. i scored 98.1 on # 6019. and my list number is 26##, does that sound about rite? i really dont know what to base it on. second what are the chances of them reaching that number? ive heard some pretty mixed reviews. i recently separated from the us coast guard so that score includes my 5pt veterans credit but i dont have residency. thanks for any advice you could give me
    -m
    26## on 6019

Forum Member

Interesting article I found ,The first class might not be half ems promo half 6019 as others have said, Look what FDNY has done in the past. 150 + EMT's in one shot would be a big blow to staffing.

FDNY'S Medics Burned in Bid to Attend Fire Academy

Posted: Monday, September 26, 2005
    Updated: May 9th, 2006 07:15 PM EDT

A "severe staffing crisis" in the Fire Department's EMT division has cost a group of medics their promotions to the Fire Academy, according to their union - and they are not happy about it.

A group of 26 EMTs were slated to start at the academy tomorrow, but received word from their union Friday night that their promotions had gone up in smoke.

"We got a call out of the blue saying, 'Sorry, but you're not going to start at the academy after all,' " said one furious EMT, who has been waiting for 13 years to become a firefighter.

"This is my dream. I took the test. I took the physical. I resigned as an EMT. And now I have to go back?"

Bob Ungar, a representative of District Council 37's Local 2507 Uniformed EMTs and Paramedics Union, said the pending closing of St. Mary's Hospital in Brooklyn - coupled with a huge number of EMTs being promoted to the academy - has caused a "severe shortage" of "men on the street."

"This is a tough thing, but the department planned to promote too many people," he said.

"Our union has been working with the Fire Department over the last week trying to get this crisis resolved, and they've taken several steps, including sending these 26 people back to EMT."

Ungar also said an overtime cap has been removed from the EMT division, allowing "personnel who want to work to fill in those empty seats."

EMTs who are affiliated with the FDNY are allowed to take a promotion test after a year on the job for a shot at being a firefighter.

An FDNY spokesman could not confirm negotiations with the union, but did confirm that 26 EMTs were being sent back.

He said the EMTs had not completed their one-year probation period - but two angry EMTs told The Post that's not true.

"I have worked so hard for this every day and then it's just taken away from me," said a furious EMT. "It's like getting a car and being all excited, and then having the dealership say, sorry, we have to take that back."

Patrick Bahnken, president of Local 2507, admitted that the move is "regrettable" and said, "It's hard that these guys are caught in the middle."

The 26 EMTs are supposed to report to Fort Totten in Queens this week to return their firefighter equipment.

Although many medics were told they'll be in the January Fire Academy class, one furious EMT said, "How do we know this won't happen again? It's just absolutely, positively wrong."

http://publicsafety.com/article/arti...siteSection=20

Thread Information