Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 618 FirstFirst 1234561353103503 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    The more time that passes the more relaxed I get, which is nice because I was real nervous for some time. I'm still wondering which class I'll prob get into. I'd really like to make the june one, though with the 200ish ems guys I think I'm gonna have to wait till next jan.
    I'm feeling the same way. I actually like the fact that we are ranked. Puts the worry behind us. What it is, is what it is. Now we just got to impress the system. I don't feel we are in competition against each other either. Thousands will be hired from our List. I look at the hiring process as an individual event on a team. No one from here, decides my fate except me and the FDNY. The first few thousand will definitely get their shot. Before the List winds down, there will be another test and another ranking. If I don't make it this time, I will try again.

Irish, I hope you get in for the June class too and if you do, I hope you look around and see me in there too. Don't worry about the EMS people, there is nothing you can do about them. Keep training, stay focused and be ready. The nice thing about your position, you know you will be called and you know you will get your shot.
    Last edited by Douseit; 01-17-2008 at 09:43 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey fellas when did you guys get on this list.. how recent?

Forum Member

I'm definitely more relaxed now that some sort of road map with markers is in place. I'm looking forward to getting further and further (hopefully, of course) down the trail.

I know each event attended and passed will make me as excited as a kid on Christmas morning.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SeminoleB View Post
    I know each event attended and passed will make me as excited as a kid on Christmas morning.
    I'm already excited about next week. Can't wait to hear what they have to say.

Corey, the list we are talking about is for the FDNY test given January 20, 2007. It was designated as List 6019 and is comprised of everyone who passed the test. Each member was ranked by how well they scored on the test and extra credit was given for residency and military service. This list will be used over the next few years for future FDNY classes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    What is your list #? Can anyone else confirm this?
    Mid 300s.
    I spoke to one other guy on here who got it as well. Looks like there's no real order with CPAT, medical, background since all are pass/fail. I go to turn all this in on Feb. 13th.

Forum Member

Sounds good, how long ago did you get the packet in the mail? How long did they give you to fill it all out? Thanks for the info.

Did anyone else higher up receive a packet?
    I got the packet yesterday and have to turn in everything on 2/13. Which is tight considering all the documents I have to pull together: W-2s, explanation of a ticket I got in college, transcripts, birth cert, driving abstracts from every state I've had a license (3), & etc. Also to fill out all the info in the application. But it doesn't matter-I'm thrilled to be one step closer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post
    Anybody with a list # over 1000 gotten the information about the CPAT prep in the mail yet?

13xx.
    still waiting at low 1100's.. I'm thinking that they are going to process alot of people in the beginning because they don't know the fail rate yet. I'm thinking that well be going down spring/summer. JMO

Forum Member

Just checked my mail no investigation packet.
    Last edited by Queens6019; 01-29-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Forum Member

Default New member here

Hey all, been lurking here a bit for a while. I'm list #567, taking the info class on the 22nd. I am wondering if i can make it in for the upcoming class. Just hope I do well on the CPAT, I'm in pretty good shape but I haven't been working out like I should. That said, congrats and good luck to all.

Forum Member

Skyline, are you looking at the June class?
    Not wanting to jinx it, but if all goes well, yes.

Forum Member

I got my packet from the Candidate Investigation Division today. As stated in above posts, it must be completed and brought with you to Brooklyn. I have been scheduled for an interview concerning the investigation on February 13. You have to fill out a lot of paperwork. My recommendation to everyone, start getting all your ducks in a row now. You are going to need all the information about your driving record including parking tickets. You have to furnish all information on about any arrests even if it is sealed. Also you have to furnish a notarized statement explaining the incident and an original disposition of the arrest from the court involved. Other information you should start collecting: a copy of a signed social security card, marriage certificate, divorce or separation papers, for military a copy of your DD-214, College transcripts will be mailed from your college, birth certificate, workers compensation claims, a 2"x2" picture in business attire and a complete breakdown of where you lived for the past ten years or since high school.

I would start now instead of waiting for your packet and begin collecting the information. Seems like a lot to do. Jeez Louise, I don't think there's enough room on the form to list all my parking tickets.
    Last edited by Douseit; 01-17-2008 at 07:39 PM.

Forum Member

Parking tickets? Why in the world would they want those?

edit: you'd think that after waiting the better part of a year to get us our grades that they would give us at least a month to get all of this information together. man i will be happy once all this hoop jumping is over and is just time to wait for the rock.
    Last edited by Irish6019; 01-17-2008 at 08:03 PM.

Forum Member

Can anyone recommend a specific weight vest? I don't need a website I can handle that on my own. I've looked to see if I can find out what FDNY uses, but no luck on that front. I'm assuming the ones with the weight higher up on your body are better to train with? I'm not worried about the cpat, but I've gotta get my heat rate back in shape.(for the medical) Been a while since I've done real cardio and I'm cutting it too close for comfort atm.

Good thing's happening

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a specific weight vest? I don't need a website I can handle that on my own. I've looked to see if I can find out what FDNY uses, but no luck on that front. I'm assuming the ones with the weight higher up on your body are better to train with? I'm not worried about the cpat, but I've gotta get my heat rate back in shape.(for the medical) Been a while since I've done real cardio and I'm cutting it too close for comfort atm.
    To be honest i use the X-vest.It is a vest that has 4 pouches 2front 2 back. The weight can go up to 85lbs and each bar is 1lb and you insert it into one of the slots. Pretty simple.

Rob

Forum Member

I think this is the model that they actually use. But the price is ridiculously high.
    http://www.simulaids.com/1125l.htm

Forum Member

Irish, I like my V-max vest, it's a little pricey but if you are planning to regularly workout with a vest on, I think this is another of the weight vests you would consider. It's an easy addition to a lot of workout routines and these vests can load you up for a heavy duty workout. It's perhaps an overkill and you wind up paying for comfort but it's a snap to get whatever graduated weight up to the vest's limit. In my vest's case, fifty pounds (I can also easily mount another 25# like they do on the CPAT vest but I did the mod). AND as I said in another post, after I train with it, if I don't keep it, it will still be in great shape due to it's durability (another part of the cost) and I will sell it. For cardio, I don't see an easier piece of equipment to get you into a workout. Just put it on and go. Stairs not included.
    Last edited by Douseit; 01-25-2008 at 11:01 AM.

Forum Member

i put my list number in my signature. for those that don't know how to do it, click on user cp and signature in there. have to also edit your options so that you can see other peoples signatures. would be an easy way to know who is where without always having to remember/ask.

Forum Member

Irish, sounds like a good idea. I just put mine in my signature too. If people want to know, that's where they can look to find out. It's no big deal for everyone to display it. At some point in time, we will be gone one way or the other and it will be the 1,000's, then 2,000's and so on that will have to regularly update the thread and people will want to know where they are ranked to gauge the information they are putting out.

Forum Member

Default Lurking and Posting

As a reminder to those lurking, when you finally want to start posting, you are going to have to wait a couple of days before your post is allowed to be seen. Moderators read your posts for the first few before allowing it to be seen on the Firehouse boards. It will be posted for the date/time written and may be a few pages back, SO, your question or information may not be seen.

My suggestion, start posting on any Firehouse thread, otherwise you might be frustrated later on when you have a question or something important to say. We're all in this together.

Forum Member

Good idea. By the time I found this forum I had plenty of questions and had to wait several days. Post about anything in anything a few times so you can ask when you have to.

Thread Information