Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Selective Service Number

Do they ask for you Selective service number in the packet?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Hey guys, my 50lb weight vest just got here the other day. I need to know the rate at which we'll be required to perform at during the stepmill portion of the medical evaluation. I think its something like 59 or 60 steps-per-minute but I need to be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Douseit View Post
    They have another statement citing some regulation that firemen fall under the category as a LEO (law enforcement officer) and you are being investigated as such.
    What exactly does that mean, "being investigated" as a law enforcement officer?

Thanks.

Forum Member

It's 50/min for the 20 second warm-up, then goes to 60/min for the "real" part that is 3min 20sec.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post
    JB. They have a statement citing a regulation that a person applying for a job as a fireman will be investigated as if he were applying for a police officer position. So juvenile offenders must tell the investigator about any arrests, conviction or not, even if it was sealed after conviction. You must provide a written, notarized statement and a copy of the court disposition.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    It's 50/min for the 20 second warm-up, then goes to 60/min for the "real" part that is 3min 20sec.
    Irish, that's for the CPAT, I think JB wants to know about the heartrate part of the medical. I read somewhere your heart rate has to be:

225 - your age x .9

I'm not sure about the stairmill speed or duration. I've read a couple of different numbers. But I know it's around 5 minutes and 60 steps/minute. If you can do that on a regular basis, your good to go.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Douseit View Post
    Irish, that's for the CPAT, I think JB wants to know about the heartrate part of the medical. I read somewhere your heart rate has to be:

225 - your age x .9

I'm not sure about the stairmill speed or duration. I've read a couple of different numbers. But I know it's around 5 minutes and 60 steps/minute. If you can do that on a regular basis, your good to go.
    My bad. Yeah those numbers are right with regards to the heart rate. (edit: it might be 220-age x .9)I've also heard 5min at 60/min. It certainly is NOT more than that though. Also just some info, I got my packet on friday.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Awesome.. thanks a lot fellas.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default CPAT Prep

Anyone going to Tuesday nights CPAT prep at the rock?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Default Heart rate monitor

For those that might be interested, I picked up a Polar T31 chest strap heart rate transmitter without out the monitor for $39.95 free shipping from Polar USA:

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/...polar/All.html

Put T31 in the search in the upper left otherwise it's hard to find and they try to sell you something more expensive. If you need a monitor get the FS1, it's $59.95 with the transmitter. If you use Polar Discount, they charge shipping.

Mine works great and it's all you need. I only have the transmitter. At most gyms, the machines usually are compatible with the Polar transmitter. The gym I use has the stairmill and the transmitter works on it.

I didn't think my heart could beat that fast when I first started using the weight vest on the stairmill.
    Last edited by Douseit; 01-21-2008 at 09:03 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post

at least in NYS when your background is investigated for a firefighter or law enforcement position, nothing is sealed, nothing is expunged, nothing is gone. They'll see it.

They get to see everything. So you might as well tell them, they'll find out and if you didn't tell them about it you could get booted for lies and/or omissions.

Forum Member

Default Giants Win

Go Giants, watchout Patriots

Forum Member

NY is the best state. For so many reasons.

Forum Member

How about Big Blue, huh? Awesome. I wouldn't have believed it a few weeks ago. Maybe Eli isn't the son of the mailman after all...
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

Great game. Farve just didn't have it in him and Eli stepped up to the plate. How would you have liked to been Tynes on his third attempt? Talk about pressure.

Now that the tough games are behind them, the Super Bowl should be a cakewalk. LOL. Patriots have to lose one and I hope it's the next one.

Forum Member

As much as I'd like the g-men to hold it down, I also wouldn't mind seeing the pats go undefeated. It is unlikely that I'll ever see something like that again. Ever. I didn't want Bonds to break the record, but this, well this is something truly special. And I HATE Brady and Belicheat.

Forum Member

Go Pats. hahahahahahahhahahaha. I can't wait to put a big Boston B on my helmet.

Default list No.

If you are in the 83XX range is there a chance of making the job in the four year time period that the list is active?

Default list No.

If your list number is in the 83XX range what are the chances of making the job in the four years that the list will be active?

Forum Member

Yeah, I would appreciate that. I'm going Saturday morning. Also what did you wear? Suit? Or just business casual?
    Last edited by Irish6019; 01-23-2008 at 12:16 AM.

Forum Member

Saturday AM.

Anybody have any luck getting court dispositions from out of state? I've been tearing my hair out getting transferred from person to person.
    List 6019, 7xx

Forum Member

Default Investigation

Does anyone have any info as to what goes on at the Investigation day? Is there a psych test? Interview? Drug test? etc??? Got my packet and started filling out all this info. Have to go in next week. Looks like they are pretty strict on the backup info for tickets and other info. Just looking for some info as to what goes on. Anything will help.

Forum Member

Default Investigation Packet 6019

Just got the packet last week. Does anyone know what goes on at the investigation? Is there a psych test? Interview with psych? Any other test? Drug test? Written test? Started the stack of paper work. Sounds like they are pretty strict with backup info required for tickets? Anyone know how to get a copy of out of state ticket/summons? Is that needed? Any info will help.

Go GGGGG-Mennnn.

Forum Member

I was at the prep tonight. Feel free to wear casual, comfortable clothing - jeans, sweatshirts. The Academy PT instructors will walk you through the CPAT, and show you the actual CPAT course. They'll answer some general questions about the investigation process but will try to remain focused on CPAT preparation. A few things they did shed light on - CPAT's will begin mid/late April. Summer class starts off 6019, and it will be 2 classes a year. First investigation interview I heard about was February 2nd, latest I heard was the 20th.

Default List No. 6019

if you are in the 83XX range what are your chances of being called during the four year period that the list will be active?

Thread Information