Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 618 FirstFirst 12345671454104504 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

just joined wanted to say whats up

Hey all! I'm didnt take the test, but I was reading everyone's posts about the weight vests. I bought a 40 lb weight vest, because it was about a third of the price of the 80 pound vest. To make up for the lost weight, I carry a 20 lb dumbell in each hand. Just thought I'd give a suggestion. Good luck to you all!

Forum Member

Default Weight vest

I bought a 50 lb weighted vest from New York Barbells. It was $130 with free shipping.

Forum Member

for anyone thats going through the background right now, make a photocopy of your packet before you turn it in. That way if there is any dispute, you know what you handed in. It will also make your life a lot easier if it doesn't work this time around, or you try to get a job somewhere else.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    Skyline, are you looking at the June class?
    Where did you guys hear of a june class?

Forum Member

Guys this info is 100%. Packets out to top 900, gradually till the end of the month with Feb. investigation dates. Maybe the first batch could let us know how it goes. Class of 300 in July, and class of 300 in January.
    since this..

Forum Member

in the 400, did not get my packet yet.

Forum Member

You need to pick up the phone!

718-999-FDNY (diversity/recruitment)
    718-999-1146 (investigations)

MembersZone Subscriber

Default gymrat

Gymrat dont go too crazy my buddy is in the 400s and just got his yesterday and he lives in the city so if you dont live in the city it could take a few days.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Recommendation for filling out the Background Investigation paperwork. Photostat everything and fill out the photostat copy first in pencil. When you are happy. Transfer it to the original. Also, buy a fresh bottle of whiteout. Don't use the gloppy old crap you found in the draw at work.

Also, they want a copy of your W-2's and your Social Security Earnings statement. It takes two to four weeks to get a SSES if you don't have one. It can be done online at: socialsecurity.gov onlineservices. Go to social security earnings statement on the lower right side. You only need your social security number and your mother's maiden name, as well as your info.

And now, for the bad boys, start thinking about getting a copy of any court action now. You can go to the court house and they will look up the docket number for your case by giving them your name or social security number. Fill out the form with the docket number and viola, in two to four weeks you will get the required Case Disposition. Ask for a copy of the form with a date/time stamp on it so if you don't get the disposition in time you can show your investigator it was ordered. The FDNY does not care if you think you were a youthful offender/brat. They are clear in a bold printed statement: Tell us or else (condensed). Yeah right, oh crap. They have another statement citing some regulation that firemen fall under the category as a LEO (law enforcement officer) and you are being investigated as such.
    Last edited by Douseit; 01-19-2008 at 02:00 PM.

Forum Member

Sittin in the 11--'s freakin chompin at the bit to get my packet, is there anything else that you need to give them documentation wise?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Questions

Does anyone know how you find out if you were ever involved in a class action law suit? I dont think I ever was but want to make sure.
    Any ideas?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

You would know if you were. Letters get sent to everyone involved, it takes time to get the ball rolling on those also. Generally someone would have approached you and asked some questions about the subject to which the suit was being filed. I've never been in one, but I saw one start at a company I used to work for. It was about minorities..
    Last edited by Irish6019; 01-20-2008 at 12:42 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    You would know if you were. Letters get sent to everyone involved, it takes time to get the ball rolling on those also. Generally someone would have approached you and asked some questions about the subject to which the suit was being filed. I've never been in one, but I saw one start at a company I used to work for. It was about minorities..
    I've gotten notices for these a few times for various reasons: stock investment, a company I worked for shaving hours, and the latest one about credit card fees during foreign travel. Are you automatically in the suit if they send you something, or do you have to reply to the suit to be considered part of it? I was thinking you had to reply to them, but I'm wondering what investigator is looking for...
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

Anyone know where I can get my selective service number?
    https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfVerification.aspx

Hit that up. You put in your last name, SSN, and DoB and it'll fire off your Selective Service Number.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Selective Service Number

Do they ask for you Selective service number in the packet?

Forum Member

Hey guys, my 50lb weight vest just got here the other day. I need to know the rate at which we'll be required to perform at during the stepmill portion of the medical evaluation. I think its something like 59 or 60 steps-per-minute but I need to be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Douseit View Post
    They have another statement citing some regulation that firemen fall under the category as a LEO (law enforcement officer) and you are being investigated as such.
    What exactly does that mean, "being investigated" as a law enforcement officer?

Thanks.

Forum Member

It's 50/min for the 20 second warm-up, then goes to 60/min for the "real" part that is 3min 20sec.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post
    What exactly does that mean, "being investigated" as a law enforcement officer?
    JB. They have a statement citing a regulation that a person applying for a job as a fireman will be investigated as if he were applying for a police officer position. So juvenile offenders must tell the investigator about any arrests, conviction or not, even if it was sealed after conviction. You must provide a written, notarized statement and a copy of the court disposition.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    It's 50/min for the 20 second warm-up, then goes to 60/min for the "real" part that is 3min 20sec.
    Irish, that's for the CPAT, I think JB wants to know about the heartrate part of the medical. I read somewhere your heart rate has to be:

225 - your age x .9

I'm not sure about the stairmill speed or duration. I've read a couple of different numbers. But I know it's around 5 minutes and 60 steps/minute. If you can do that on a regular basis, your good to go.

Thread Information