Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 618 FirstFirst ... 303353393400401402403404405406413453503 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,060 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

front of shirt
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    I posted earlier about not taking away from the day and copyright/trademark issues. I think if stephen siller were still alive today (rip) he would want us to fight the good fight as many guys on the job do, we are looking to preserve the tradition and integrity of the job. Maybe a reach out to Mr Siller (father) and/or organizers is called for to ask the appropriateness/permission? And as of the infringement issue, we will make these shirts for us runners, not available to the public, plus they are not being sold they are free if you buy a sweatband/rag. They will not be available on the internet or anything, the least of our worries is the city coming after us for 50+ t shirts, if we dont print fdny on them no one will have a clue what 6019 or candidates is it will be worthless. Just my opinion, yours are always welcome thats why we have this forum. I know there is a good number of guys that lost their fathers at the world trade center on this list and forum, please contact me if you feel that making/wearing these t shirts will cheapen the day.

I am all for gettng our message out. I am sure they wouldn't have a problem with it, but I think first a call to the siller family would be the right thing to do.... and who knows maybe they will give us some support once we bring our fight to their attention.
    Last edited by LongCut; 08-21-2010 at 01:05 PM.

Jameson_12
    Firehouse.com Guest

Last edited by Jameson_12; 01-26-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    The Vulcans and the DOJ and the city need to be very carefull how they approch a hiring remedy. Any attempt to hire out of order or impose a lottery will result in a law suit by us. I hope they are taking this into consideration. I have been reading some these posts and im getting the feeling that some of you are willing to accept a quota in hopes that your one to get hired. DONT BE THAT GUY.
    exactly...amen

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson_12 View Post
    Hey Queens, is it possible for you to clear some PM space? Just tried to send you a message but it said your inbox was full
    Message me at fdnycandidates@gmail.com, goes right to my phone

Forum Member

Attn Candidates, Those of you who are getting these shirts ready are are developing the Tunnel to Towers race day event pm me. I am one of the members on the board of 6019 and we are currently trying to get everyone on the same page as to what we are planning and how were are establishing this. PM me with you name and telephone number. If you don't want your number given out I will give you mine in the pm and you can call me. Those of you that have reached out to your councilmen or congressmen please contact me also. We are trying to have another meeting for those who can attend at Bryant Park tomorrow at 5 pm. It is not set in stone yet but I will update you asap. If you cannot make the meeting on such short notice its not a problem. We will be setting up another meeting for the first week of September. This meeting is more of an emergency meeting to gather information from those all across the city who are not in contact with us. Again please pm me with your name and telephone number. I will contact you today. You will receive an email from fdnycandidates or a message on the forum if the meeting tomorrow is a go. Thanks Again
    And Queens aka Batman contact me asap. You have been an integral part of this and we need your input and assistance. PM ME

Forum Member

it seems there have been some media contact by some of the candidates recently, and this is something that we should really talk about before anyone does any type of interview. just throwing this out there to try and get a roll call, how many guys would be able to turnout tomorrow 8/22 at 5pm in bryant park? i know it is very short notice but there are media outlets looking to run a story on us within the next two weeks and we really don't have much of a spokesperson or organizational structure right now

Forum Member

Also, I just spoke with the members who are in charge of the Tunnel to Towers race so any of you who are planning on attending and especially those who are making the shirts and organizing this contact me. Again the tentative date for the meeting is tomorrow if you can attend contact me and post on the wall so we can get a head count. Thanks again

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Figh17ting View Post
    I am one of the members on the board of 6019 and we are currently trying to get everyone on the same page as to what we are planning and how were are establishing this.
    Since when was there a "board?"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Since when was there a "board?"
    Since members have stepped up to the plate.

Forum Member

Since members have stepped up to the plate.
    I've been to almost every gathering and have never heard of this "board" and who was appointed to it.

Forum Member

A number has been set up in conjunction with the FDNYCandidates@gmail.com account.
    We will only send out occasional messages that are urgent via Text(sms) If you have given us your contact info ,and the number you provided us is a cell phone you are all set to receive any future messages that may be sent out. If anybody wishes to not receive them please contact us via E-mail.

The number is
    (347) 746- FDNY(3369)

I've been to almost every gathering and have never heard of this "board" and who was appointed to it.
    You can accomplish much if you don't care who gets the credit.
    Ronald Reagan

There is no end to what you can accomplish if (or when) you don't care who gets the credit.
    Florence Luscomb

There is no limit to the good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.
    General George C. Marshall

There's no limit to what a man can achieve, if he doesn't care who gets the credit.
    Laing Burns, Jr.

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    Harry S. Truman

It is amazing how much can be accomplished if no one cares who gets the credit.
    John Wooden

We are all fighting for the same thing here. Let's not in-fight, i'm sure there will be a piece of the puzzle for everyone to solve.
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

I'm sure they need all the help they can get and may welcome you on board. Why dont you start out by PM'ing Fighting 17?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    You can accomplish much if you don't care who gets the credit.
    Ronald Reagan

There is no end to what you can accomplish if (or when) you don't care who gets the credit.
    Florence Luscomb

There is no limit to the good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.
    General George C. Marshall

There's no limit to what a man can achieve, if he doesn't care who gets the credit.
    Laing Burns, Jr.

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    Harry S. Truman

It is amazing how much can be accomplished if no one cares who gets the credit.
    John Wooden

We are all fighting for the same thing here. Let's not in-fight, i'm sure there will be a piece of the puzzle for everyone to solve.
    Is it not my right to know who is going to be representing me?

Forum Member

I'm sure they need all the help they can get and may welcome you on board. Why dont you start out by PM'ing Fighting 17?
    This should have been voted on by ALL who felt compelled enough to attend any meetings rather than finding out about it on the forum.

This should have been voted on by ALL who felt compelled enough to attend any meetings rather than finding out about it on the forum.
    Please bro, not on the public forum. We all have the same interests here and are not trying to exclude anyone. If you want any info please pm me.

This is exactly the sort of in-fighting we are trying very hard to avoid.
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    Please bro, not on the public forum. We all have the same interests here and are not trying to exclude anyone. If you want any info please pm me.

This is exactly the sort of in-fighting we are trying very hard to avoid.
    There no in-fighting bro. Just include all! There was no mention of this "board" anywhere. Facebook, here, google groups fdnycandidate gmail, etc. WE should ALL know who speaks for US as a GROUP! Everyone on here needs to know who represents them! If you don't agree then there is a problem.

Believe me the last thing I want is credit, I just want to know who's
    "speaking" for me.

Forum Member

relax, there is no "board" yet, nor will there be one until we can all come together to agree on positions.

all there is right now is a couple candidates who have taken the first steps in this large undertaking ie. setting up e-mail accounts, talking to the media, etc.

everyone is equally as important in this fight and everyone should be stepping up and doing whatever they can right now. we have done such an awesome job so far staying professional, respectful, and turning out for events. lets keep it that way.

as of now we don't have a spokesperson yet obviously. the person who steps up for this will obviously be a very well spoken and professional person, and in no way will speak in a way to do us any harm. this is really what us as candidates should be figuring out right now

we are all in this together, remember that. if we don't hang together.....
    Last edited by hopefully09; 08-21-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    relax, there is no "board" yet, nor will there be one until we can all come together to agree on positions.

all there is right now is a couple candidates who have taken the first steps in this large undertaking ie. setting up e-mail accounts, talking to the media, etc.

everyone is equally as important in this fight and everyone should be stepping up and doing whatever they can right now. we have done such an awesome job so far staying professional, respectful, and turning out for events. lets keep it that way
    Thank you for actually answering my question.

Thread Information