Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 413 of 618 FirstFirst ... 313363403410411412413414415416423463513 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,260 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Dont take any of that to misunderstand the bottom line: Im on your side 110% (goes for everyone on the list) and if I can help out, even something as little as taking a seat for an hour and picking up the tab on a few beers, Im game anytime.

Offer only valid in Manhattan and the Bronx.

And Farrells.

No homo.
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FairHiringFDNY View Post
    T-Shirt ordering. A lot of members expressed interest in the run and shirt. Not a lot have ordered. If anyone has hang ups let me know.

I have submitted the design for the t-shirt and it should be finalized by Wednesday and ready for printing. I will post it here the second I get it sent to me. We decided the cost will be $15. It was too much for the dry-fit so we went with a nice 100% cotton t-shirt.

Ordering information. The only way I really can think is to just have everyone email me. I am stilling trying to figure out how to do the payment. Looks like paypal may win out. For now lets just get the orders in. I am also going to ask that people list an idea of their schedule in regards to being able to volunteer. I wont know until Wednesday when we meet with the race organizers of the time slots needed but I'd like to start a list now so I can begin delegating out jobs ASAP.

These shirts are for candidates who are running and/or volunteering at Tunnel To Towers 5k race on Sept 26.

Info needed.

1) Name
    2) Phone number
    3) Size (S,M,L,XL)
    4) Borough or county you live in (help with getting them to you)
    5) Did you sign up for the race?
    6) What days/time slot would you be possibly be able to volunteer.

All your info will be kept confidential!

Send that info to 6019Run@gmail.com
    I would like to have all orders in by next Friday at noon.
    Honestly everyone should contact FairHiring. He has taken on a lot of the responsibility of not only the Tunnel to Tower run, but also in getting the word out to all candidates/media about our situation. If you are going to do the run contact him sooner than later. It will be a great honor to be allowed to volunteer and stand next to some of the guys OTJ. Once again FairHiring any help you need please let me know and I will do my best to help.
    Stay safe,
    Sean

Jameson_12
    Firehouse.com Guest

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by Jameson_12; 01-26-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Forum Member

As someone who reads every single post it took me a while to catch up after being away for the weekend...Guys we need to stick together now more than ever....we all know what tomorrow is, or should I say shouldve been but that doesnt matter now....all that matters is we keep our heads up and keep working hard as individuals and most importantly as a group...theres a lot of things coming up and in the works that can really help us and theres so many people out there hoping we succeed....anyone, especially those on the job, that take the time to post something on this forum is looking out for us and sometimes we may agree or disagree but have to be respectful and gracious either way....we are all frustrated as hell and rightly so but need to keep our heads up.

Any baseball fans out there? Remember Gallaragas "almost" perfect game this year....everyone knew he was robbed, even the umpire but by that point there was nothing anyone can do...all Gallaraga can do now is keep working and hope one day he gets a shot at another one. Thats kind of like us right now. Kinda corny I know but sometimes I write these posts to help me keep my own head up and stay positive. Tomorrow like most of you I will wake up and go to a job I hate thinking about what today couldve been...but I havent given up hope and I wont...

Everyone who hasnt please sign up for tunnel to towers run...It would be an honor to run next to all of you and we know how hard Ryan is working to put this together...keep your heads up 6019, we're all in this together!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    Dont take any of that to misunderstand the bottom line: Im on your side 110% (goes for everyone on the list) and if I can help out, even something as little as taking a seat for an hour and picking up the tab on a few beers, Im game anytime.

Offer only valid in Manhattan and the Bronx.

And Farrells.

No homo.
    Skyline, why do you have to discriminate on staten island?? lol we got some good bars out here...but in all honesty, thanks

Forum Member

I'm thinking about filing a lawsuit against the dept. claiming age discrimination due to the 29 yr cutoff for applying. ....

Just kidding guys

Or am I????

Yeah, I'm joking....

?????????????

Forum Member

all signed up for tunnel to towers again.. cant wait to finally run with you fellas.. was great last year.. lookin forward to a much larger turnout this year

Forum Member

And this will be the 1st of many runs for us as a group!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LIfire31 View Post
    And this will be the 1st of many runs for us as a group!!!!
    i sure hope so dude

Forum Member

31 Days remaining until his majesty issues his mighty edict on October 1st...

Forum Member

Default Foil list

called, left message, that's where it sits for now.......

Forum Member

Deleting posts and account.
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-19-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Forum Member

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-19-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Forum Member

Queens, need to get in touch with you I need an email sent out to the members. Thank You

Forum Member

Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-19-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=FairHiringFDNY;1201435]FDNY Candidates,

We have been asked by the FDNY officials in charge to volunteer and run as if we were members of the FDNY. This is a huge honor and an amazing chance for us to get our story out and to the members.

That is awesome!!!

Forum Member

i honestly cant believe we havent heard anything that went on during these "closed door" meetings.. i mean obviously no agreement was met but still...

Forum Member

I know it's wishful thinking but if the chief medical officer can extend medicals for 30 days and the judge did ask about it. If it holds true to the time frame that they were going to send out letters and have us sworn in before our medicals expired, then they would have to come to an agreement and letters for the run would have to be sent out by the end of this week. Again only hoping for the best!

Forum Member

Default www.thechief-leader.com

Fire Capt. List Established

531 Eligibles
    The Department of Citywide Administrative Services has established a 531-name promotion list for Fire Captain based on Exam 8510 given in December 2008

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FairHiringFDNY View Post
    We have been asked by the FDNY officials in charge to volunteer and run as if we were members of the FDNY. This is a huge honor and an amazing chance for us to get our story out and to the members.

We are working on an after party for later in the day to celebrate together and spend a day relaxing as well, details to follow.
    It is indeed a huge honor and an amazing chance to show how deserving you all are.

HOWEVER

A party after will only lead to one or two individuals torpedoing the entire days good efforts. A few beers, a misunderstanding and you're rolling in the gutter in your nice new FDNY candidate shirt. I'd give this some serious thought.

Thread Information