Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 415 of 618 FirstFirst ... 315365405412413414415416417418425465515 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,300 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

I'm sure this judge already knows what his decision is gonna be. He probally knew 1 hour after the hearing he is just gonna be a dick and wait till oct 1 to announce it.

Forum Member

Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 03-06-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 03-06-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FairHiringFDNY View Post
    4 members attended the tunnel to towers run meeting today. Email to follow with the updated info.

GET A SHIRT
    VOLUNTEER

If you are not getting these emails reach out to us and get on the list.
    Guys/gals...the firefighters in charge were overwhelmingly gracious that we are so interested in helping out and are 100% on our side....even if you cannot attend the run there are going to be plenty of opportunities to help out the week leading up to it....We will know all of the details in a few weeks but this is a great opportunity to show our support to the 343 firefighters who made the ultimate sacrifice....we'll keep you posted and please, if you can, run with us
    Chris

Forum Member

Really excited about the run. Great job fellas!

Legal group, Ill be sending out an email tomorrow with all the starting information we have, including our first firm to show interest in representing us pro-bono. There's quite a bit of work to do, but hopefully we can put our heads together and get strong representation for the candidates.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Troll

If you had any interest in the job, you would have read this entire thread before coming on here and asking your questions. Rather than your attitude of, meh, maybe I'll take this exam and DSNY's and see which comes first.
    thats where your logic fails you my friend..if i have a slight interest in the beatles does it automatically obligate me to listen to every song they ever made?..and whats wrong with taking more than one exam? thats fine whatever works for you but do not sit there and label my attitude as indifferent or apathetic because you know nothing about me to begin with..whats the point of a forum if you cant even ask a question without getting hassled by someone? see the dilemma?

but seriously why are you going back and forth with me with this? are you that sensitive of a person that you feel i insulted you in some way because im pretty sure that i didnt..i didnt join the forum to get into a back and forth debate about something so pointless but guess what it happened..maybe you are just the kind of person who likes to instigate and cause trouble? who knows..i will not ASSUME anything..but you will not make me feel as if i cant ask a question or get someones opinion on a particular topic..sorry its just not happening

i joined the forum because i want to exchange ideas thought feelings etc. NOT to bicker

bottom line..if you have nothing nice to say to someone say nothing at all..a lesson you should have learned when you were younger..

Forum Member

http://www.ny1.com/content/124025/ci...hiring-process

anyone hear anything about this ? is this old? the date on the website is this mornings

Forum Member

Default Fdny

thats an old post

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_D View Post
    thats where your logic fails you my friend..if i have a slight interest in the beatles does it automatically obligate me to listen to every song they ever made?..and whats wrong with taking more than one exam? thats fine whatever works for you but do not sit there and label my attitude as indifferent or apathetic because you know nothing about me to begin with..whats the point of a forum if you cant even ask a question without getting hassled by someone? see the dilemma?

but seriously why are you going back and forth with me with this? are you that sensitive of a person that you feel i insulted you in some way because im pretty sure that i didnt..i didnt join the forum to get into a back and forth debate about something so pointless but guess what it happened..maybe you are just the kind of person who likes to instigate and cause trouble? who knows..i will not ASSUME anything..but you will not make me feel as if i cant ask a question or get someones opinion on a particular topic..sorry its just not happening

i joined the forum because i want to exchange ideas thought feelings etc. NOT to bicker

bottom line..if you have nothing nice to say to someone say nothing at all..a lesson you should have learned when you were younger..
    Since I didn't readdress you until now; NOW it's a back and forth.
    Your comparing this job to the Beatles is like comparing apples to Jupiter.

Your "dilema" is that you want things handed to you. If you want to get into this job; READ up about it, rather than asking questions in the middle of a topic that has been covered in 400+ pages. Everyone on the job has put much more effort than just that. This job is not handed out to any or everyone. People have put in a lot of time and effort into it, and your portrayal of wanting things handed to you by asking questions and acting dumb rubs a lot of us the wrong way.

If you do have any legitimate questions, I'll be more than happy to address them. In the meantime, do us a favor and don't lecture us. An "interest" in this job is different from "wanting" this job.

Get a life Troll.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Since I didn't readdress you until now; NOW it's a back and forth.
    Your comparing this job to the Beatles is like comparing apples to Jupiter.

Your "dilema" is that you want things handed to you. If you want to get into this job; READ up about it, rather than asking questions in the middle of a topic that has been covered in 400+ pages. Everyone on the job has put much more effort than just that. This job is not handed out to any or everyone. People have put in a lot of time and effort into it, and your portrayal of wanting things handed to you by asking questions and acting dumb rubs a lot of us the wrong way.

If you do have any legitimate questions, I'll be more than happy to address them. In the meantime, do us a favor and don't lecture us. An "interest" in this job is different from "wanting" this job.

Get a life Troll.

First off, I'm not rubbing everyone the wrong way, apparently just you. Did you notice anyone else being irritated on the forum; voicing their displeasure or demonstrating any level of hostility due to my seemingly limitless barrage of "stupid questions"? Neither did I. If you were a schoolteacher, would you say to a student how "dumb they were" for asking a question in class, and proceed to tell him or her to look the answer up somewhere instead of just giving them the answer right there and then? Sounds very similar to this situation doesn't it? Moving on.

Second, some people just can't grasp certain concepts the first time so I'll be kind enough to remind you a second time that you don't know me, so who the hell do you think you are making idiotic assumptions about someone you don't know? You think you sit on some kind of golden throne atop a mountain somewhere thinking you have some kind of God given right to pass judgment on people? You got a lot of nerve pal. Calling me names too, very mature. How old are you again? Grow up.

Third, explain to me how "an interest in the job" differs from "wanting the job"? Great logic on your part. If you want something that means you have interest in it. A rudimentary concept like that shouldn't even be said but I guess it had to in this case.

Fourth, the last thing I need is some arrogant person like you thinking you're doing me a favor by addressing any "legitimate" questions that I may have. There are more than enough nice people on the forum that will do that for me, if the situation should arise, and I can guarantee the responses will be courteous and respectful, two adjectives you obviously know nothing about.

And finally, If I get on the FDNY, I think it would be safe to say that I would have earned it, not "handed" to me.

Forum Member

Red face

Maybe the poor guy didn't want to read 415 pages of material. I mean, just because I did doesn't really mean I want the job more, just means I have less of a life. right?listen, I don't know anything really, other than what I hear from this forum and from friends of mine who are on the job. I will answer any questions and be supportive, which is something all of us should be doing. If there's a fire, and an old lady says"which way is the fire escape?" I think this bam guy would say, "well, if you were interested in living, you should've read the sign!" this is not how a firefighter should act. even if your question was annoying or rudimentary, we have to be respectful. and the name calling guys, c'mon. I happen to like trolls, the ones with the crazy hair and stuff.

Forum Member

Bam v Angela, the next round should be good
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Angelo,

FFBam is on the job and is a supporter of the 6019 candidates group.

Almost anyone who is on the forum or in the candidate group knows that and is appreciative of his time and help.

Take what he and the other senior guys on here say to heart. The advice may not be phrased in the nicest way, but thats the way it comes, so you gotta start growing a thicker skin.

He is right. It irritates a lot of us when guys get on for the first time and ask: "what does it take to be an NYFD firefighter?" It happens at least twice a week.

It's especially irritating when a new guy says: "its either FDNY or DSNY, whatever comes first." Because to most of us, there's a big difference between a fireman and a garbageman. Not to bash DSNY, they are great guys. But you have to understand: this is not just a great job for most of us, its a dream, and no backup plan compares.

I guess it wouldnt be so irritating if the current hiring atmosphere wasnt so toxic, and a lot of us hadnt spent the past 2 years on the verge of the dream. But it is what it is.

Read what has been said on the forum for the past 20 pages, it'll take an hour, but you'll be up on your game. Then ask away.

Swallow your pride on this one and fall in step with everybody; if you do, you'll find you have a lot of people willing to help you through the process when it comes time.
    Last edited by aal2016; 09-02-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdny101ABN View Post
    Maybe the poor guy didn't want to read 415 pages of material. I mean, just because I did doesn't really mean I want the job more, just means I have less of a life. right?listen, I don't know anything really, other than what I hear from this forum and from friends of mine who are on the job. I will answer any questions and be supportive, which is something all of us should be doing. If there's a fire, and an old lady says"which way is the fire escape?" I think this bam guy would say, "well, if you were interested in living, you should've read the sign!" this is not how a firefighter should act. even if your question was annoying or rudimentary, we have to be respectful. and the name calling guys, c'mon. I happen to like trolls, the ones with the crazy hair and stuff.
    haha, thank you, my points exactly

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by aal2016 View Post
    Angelo,

Almost anyone who is on the forum or in the candidate group knows that and is appreciative of his time and help.

Take what he and the other senior guys on here say to heart. The advice may not be phrased in the nicest way, but thats the way it comes, so you gotta start growing a thicker skin.

He is right. It irritates a lot of us when guys get on for the first time and ask: "what does it take to be an NYFD firefighter?" It happens at least twice a week.

It's especially irritating when a new guy says: "its either FDNY or DSNY, whatever comes first." Because to most of us, there's a big difference between a fireman and a garbageman. Not to bash DSNY, they are great guys. But you have to understand: this is not just a great job for most of us, its a dream, and no backup plan compares.

I guess it wouldnt be so irritating if the current hiring atmosphere wasnt so toxic, and a lot of us hadnt spent the past 2 years on the verge of the dream. But it is what it is.

Read what has been said on the forum for the past 20 pages, it'll take an hour, but you'll be up on your game. Then ask away.

Swallow your pride on this one and fall in step with everybody; if you do, you'll find you have a lot of people willing to help you through the process when it comes time.
    WELLLLL SAIDDD.. with the extra letters at the end just for you guy loll

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by aal2016 View Post
    Angelo,

Take what he and the other senior guys on here say to heart.

I know getting on the FDNY is a dream for many people, that it's something that many people have spent the last few years suffering. I completely understand that. Maybe my DSNY comment was tasteless or out of place, fine I'll admit that too, and MAYBE if I would have read a few pages of threads I would have saved myself an unnecessary proverbial tongue lashing from FFBAM, but what I won't do, what I refuse to do is to swallow my pride, accept whenever someone disrespects me, no matter who it is. Sorry, but I respect myself too much as a human being to allow that to happen

Forum Member

Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 03-06-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FairHiringFDNY View Post
    If you can't take harsh criticism it's going to be a long 20 in the firehouse or sanitation depot. Just man up. Read up and join the fight. Not interested in what's been said then don't join.

FFBam is a gentleman who's put his personal time in to supporting us. As well as fffred, skyline and calm. These members have walked the walk and are reaching out to help us. We need them to help.
    I am joining the fight, I'm on here to help out in any way I can. I'm not discrediting those guys, I know nothing about them, as they know nothing about me. FFBam sounds like a nice enough guy from what you're describing; too bad things escalated the way it did. I can take criticism when it qualifies as such.

But anyway moving on to relevant stuff..it sucks what's going on right now, hopefully things get resolved sooner than later

Forum Member

Hey Angelo sounds like you need to man up and join one of the Armed Services, maybe teach you a little respect and in the process grow up a little bit. Your gonna get eaten alive in a firehouse.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by arbrnranger View Post
    Hey Angelo sounds like you need to man up and join one of the Armed Services, maybe teach you a little respect and in the process grow up a little bit. Your gonna get eaten alive in a firehouse.
    Thank you. Your opinion is noted.

Thread Information