Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    There was also a rumor floating around that chiefs from fire told the chiefs at the EMS acad. to prepare two large classes this summer because they are gonna be taking a large number of EMS guys come September.....all these rumors make my head spin. I really had high hopes for this year and they are slowly fading. I wanted this to be my last summer sweating my balls off in the projects.
    yea i thought we may get the chance to sweat our balls off on randall's island, now we just have to keep our hopes up for the summer of 2013.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    yea i thought we may get the chance to sweat our balls off on randall's island, now we just have to keep our hopes up for the summer of 2013.
    Hope for a winter class, not a summer one. smells too bad during the summer.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Hope for a winter class, not a summer one. smells too bad during the summer.
    haha, ill take what i can get!

Forum Member

baby powder must be really popular during the summer classes. Be careful though, I had a buddy who used so much of it his dr told him he was getting a lung infection from inhaling the powder...still rag on him about that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    baby powder must be really popular during the summer classes. Be careful though, I had a buddy who used so much of it his dr told him he was getting a lung infection from inhaling the powder...still rag on him about that.
    the problem with the powder is that it can cake up if you arent dry to begin with. Not to mention, if youve already chafed, the medicated stuff will feel like someone is operating a blowtorch between your legs.

They are expensive as hell, but under armour underwear was my savior in the academy (and I was lucky enough to go in the winter).

Forum Member

Good thinking. You white people hoping to get on should just be happy you even have a chance after the hiring of all the minorities too, right?
    Lol, but I'd love to see a white guy turn the job down if there ever is quota hiring.

Forum Member

the problem with the powder is that it can cake up if you arent dry to begin with. Not to mention, if youve already chafed, the medicated stuff will feel like someone is operating a blowtorch between your legs.

They are expensive as hell, but under armour underwear was my savior in the academy (and I was lucky enough to go in the winter).
    I'm going to keep that in mind.

Never thought I'd pray for some good ole chaffing.

Forum Member

My friend told me the other day that the name for your inner thighs rubbing together is CHUB RUB, lol.

Forum Member

Thumbs down Stop the Dept of Social Justice. NOBAMA

Anyone out there have a chance to get a look at the most recent court BS.

What a disgrace to all the qualified candidates off #6019. Support rank order

hiring off #6019.

Stay safe.

Forum Member

Guys forget baby powder! This is 2011! We keep this stuff in the glove box on our truck....Check out FRESH BALLS!

http://www.sofreshsodry.com/products/fresh-balls/

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    This recidency stuff shouldn't even be a debate. The city WILL award residency points somehow and non-residents should be happy you even stand a chance of getting hired. Many non-residents with no bonus points still have been hired.

Any non-resident of Boston thats taken the Boston FD exam knows what I'm talking about.
    Yea thats true. I was just taken back by his statement. I live in a resort town full of out-of-towners and even foreigners who swoop in every summer and take jobs. I welcome them. They bring a different perspective from their corner of the world/USA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BTown View Post
    Anyone out there have a chance to get a look at the most recent court BS.

What a disgrace to all the qualified candidates off #6019. Support rank order

hiring off #6019.

Stay safe.
    link? on a phone.

Forum Member

Fresh Balls for your chub rub...hilarious....

on a more serious note...

Gov bares retirement plan to save city $30B

ALBANY -- Gov. Cuomo yesterday introduced a long-awaited plan to control New York City's runaway pension costs -- by raising the retirement age for most municipal workers to 65 while requiring them to contribute more of their wages toward their pensions.

Overall, said Cuomo, the measure creating a new "Tier VI" pension system would save the city more than $30 billion over the next three decades. The savings for the state and local governments outside the five boroughs would be $93 million over the same period.

"The numbers speak for themselves -- the pension system as we know it is unsustainable," said Cuomo, as he called for a new system for all future city and state employees.

A previously disclosed version of the plan covered only state and non-city public employees including suburban and upstate school districts. But the bill introduced yesterday added the city's workforce -- a move welcomed by Mayor Bloomberg.

Spokesmen for legislative leaders reacted coolly, and public-employee unions bitterly attacked the plan.

The legislation requires 12 years of service for vesting in the pension system, instead of the usual 10, and excludes the use of overtime for "pension spiking" when calculating final benefits.

Career police and firefighters would still be able to retire at any age after 20 years on the job under the plan.

Cuomo's proposal also excludes wages above the governor's $179,000-a- year salary from final average salary calculations, bans the use of lump-sum payments for unused vacation leave in final calculations and prohibits the use of unused sick leave for additional retirement credits.

Bloomberg said he's been working for six months with city and state officials and labor-union representatives on "how to protect city services and the strength of our retirement funds over the long term.

"The governor's bill will do just that -- by making sensible pension reforms that won't impact a single current employee or existing retiree," Bloomberg said.

Cuomo said the measure "institutes common-sense reforms to bring government benefits more in line with the private sector."

New York City pension costs have gone through the roof in recent years, rising from $1.1 billion in 2001 to $8.4 billion this year. During the same time the cost of pensions for state and non-city public employees leaped from $368 million to $6.6 billion.

While a spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos (R-Nassau) conceded that rising pensions costs "need to be addressed," he would only say, "We're reviewing the governor's bill."

A spokesman for Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver (D-Manhattan) had no immediate reaction.

Forum Member

so other than rumors the last official thing we heard was that the filing period is anticipated to be in july rite?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    so other than rumors the last official thing we heard was that the filing period is anticipated to be in july rite?
    Yea, everything from the city, the city's law office, and quotes from newspaper articles have mentioned a July filing period. But there have been rumors about that possibly being pushed back. It's probably not safe to assume anything until you're actually mailing in that application.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/em...schedule.shtml
    Last edited by HopefulFF; 06-09-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Forum Member

This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach... it makes you wonder what kind of world we r all living in that this nonsense has actually been allowed to get this far n put so many of our lives on hold..... Career wise that is... I was brought up by my parents teaching me that if you work hard and do what's right in life you will be rewarded.. I really wish that was true

Forum Member

Just got a phone call asking me if I was still interested in testing for the New York City Fire Dept and asking me to confirm my contact info. Guy also said they were planning for filing period July with a test in December. I'll be surprised if that happens.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk carp View Post
    This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach... it makes you wonder what kind of world we r all living in that this nonsense has actually been allowed to get this far n put so many of our lives on hold..... Career wise that is... I was brought up by my parents teaching me that if you work hard and do what's right in life you will be rewarded.. I really wish that was true
    That no longer applies in the 21st century apparently.

Forum Member

Default Stop the Dept of Social Justice. NOBAMA

All t he candidates who scored high enough on #6019 and should have been

OTJ, but,because of BS like money problems and the foolish lawsuit we all

what happened. Passing meds 2 or 3X and lets not forget about the stairs.

What we need is for the appeal process to move fwd and challenge

the court's ruling on 6019 and resume rank order hiring off the LIST.

Talking about residency rules if you want to become a firefighter

in the City of Boston you must have lived in the City for the previous year to

be able to obtain the additional pts. Boston only hires maybe 80 to 90 FF

a year at the most. Unless your a vet you can forget about being hired.

Stay safe.

Forum Member

Do you think this time around it's going to be possible to get on the job without points? If 6019 hiring doesn't happen and there's a new test, it's going to be even more competitive than in the past. Essentially the applicant pool will be doubled, plus there will be more qualified for vet points since we've now been fighting 2 wars for about 10 years. To top it off there are EMS promotions and Bloomberg's obsession with cutting the size of the department. I have a feeling no one without residency, legacy, or vet points is getting hired, even with a perfect score.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Takethedoor174 View Post
    ...Why should someone from out of town come and take jobs away from those that live here? And don't give me the "We want the most qualified candidates no matter where they are from crap." Spoken like a a true out of towner...
    As a former out of towner, heres my reason: Some of your life-long yokels are fu(king retards.

Maybe in the land of short buildings and tall tales its not a big deal to leash up your precious neighbor and bring him to the "fire" floor for that rubbish in the hall, but I suspect youd sing a very different song regarding qualified candidates the moment the shlt truly hits the fan.
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    As a former out of towner, heres my reason: Some of your life-long yokels are fu(king retards.

Maybe in the land of short buildings and tall tales its not a big deal to leash up your precious neighbor and bring him to the "fire" floor for that rubbish in the hall, but I suspect youd sing a very different song regarding qualified candidates the moment the shlt truly hits the fan.
    I wonder if the 2 people this years Gordon Bennett medal winner saved cared that he lived on SI and not brooklyn. Maybe he would have saved them faster if he considered them his people, protecting his borough.

Forum Member

I wonder if the 2 people this years Gordon Bennett medal winner saved cared that he lived on SI and not brooklyn. Maybe he would have saved them faster if he considered them his people, protecting his borough.
    Im surprised I havent heard the enviro-nuts howl about the distance between his home and his firehouse, because he needs a flatbed tow truck as a commuter car, bringing balls like that to work
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

I was curious if any one knew who the woman speaking was in the Vulcan video, as in her position.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 06-09-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Forum Member

Thread Information