Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BTown View Post
    http://biggovernment.com/tfitton/201...ce-department/

A good read. Only helps when the appeal is filed. Stay safe.
    Gentlemen, read this article.

This is what we will have to look forward to when this new test is created. It seems Dayton went through all of the possible steps to protect itself against this nonsense. They heavily recruited in minority areas, and used a bullet proof company to create the test and when the new results didn't add up they were forced to give in to the DOJ and lower standards because they were in dire need of police and fire.

You can see this coming down pipeline for the FDNY. As stated before, you can bet the results of the new exam will be at best the same if not worse. The city will then be forced into doing something it doesn't want to do because by then they will not have hired a single firefighter in four years.

The vulcan society will never be satisfied until something is given for nothing. Enough is enough, keep fighting for 6019.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BK204NYC View Post
    Gentlemen, read this article.

This is what we will have to look forward to when this new test is created. It seems Dayton went through all of the possible steps to protect itself against this nonsense. They heavily recruited in minority areas, and used a bullet proof company to create the test and when the new results didn't add up they were forced to give in to the DOJ and lower standards because they were in dire need of police and fire.

You can see this coming down pipeline for the FDNY. As stated before, you can bet the results of the new exam will be at best the same if not worse. The city will then be forced into doing something it doesn't want to do because by then they will not have hired a single firefighter in four years.

The vulcan society will never be satisfied until something is given for nothing. Enough is enough, keep fighting for 6019.
    Thank You! I hope FDsouthbxNY, Brooklynborn and nycthirteen read this article. I look forward to their responses.

Forum Member

hang in there
    Last edited by ILFFPM; 12-19-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Thank You! I hope FDsouthbxNY, Brooklynborn and nycthirteen read this article. I look forward to their responses.
    I read it, I think it's discusting that this is going on. I Don't know why you insist on misinterpeting what people are saying and then lumping me in with them. I nor anyone else ever said they hope 6019 never works out, and if anyone ever does, it wouldn't affect the result anyway.
    Do I think it will happen again? I dunno, I am just a guy on a forum who has no controll over anything. I sure hope it doesn't, I doubt this Libtard judge cares what I think. The point made by others is that the only thing in our controll is to do well on the next test.

Seems like you guys dont disagree on anything anyway.

I was wondering, if a republican goes into office next, does the dept of justice change?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I read it, I think it's discusting that this is going on. I Don't know why you insist on misinterpeting what people are saying and then lumping me in with them. I nor anyone else ever said they hope 6019 never works out, and if anyone ever does, it wouldn't affect the result anyway.
    Do I think it will happen again? I dunno, I am just a guy on a forum who has no controll over anything. I sure hope it doesn't, I doubt this Libtard judge cares what I think. The point made by others is that the only thing in our controll is to do well on the next test.

Seems like you guys dont disagree on anything anyway.

I was wondering, if a republican goes into office next, does the dept of justice change?
    I insist on lumping you in with them because you supported what they were saying. You are not on 6019 so why are you commenting "Well said" on a post telling people they should move on past 6019?

Whatever, man. All you obviously care about is the filing period for the next exam coming asap so you make the cut. If you do make the cut, judging by your post guys taking the next exam shouldn't feel threatened.

Forum Member

So, if and when I take the next exam, my plan is to flat out refuse to bubble in my race. How do you think that might go over? Haha.

Forum Member

The "well said" was in reference to my agreement that people were taking the OP's comment out of context and misconstruing his message. It was also so I could ask the other poster what he meant by "2002" while making it clear I wasn't attacking his post. Not to say I agree that you should forget about 6019.
    As far as your accusations or insults, I wont respond and be part of you're negativity.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 06-14-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Forum Member

I insist on lumping you in with them because you supported what they were saying. You are not on 6019 so why are you commenting "Well said" on a post telling people they should move on past 6019?

Whatever, man. All you obviously care about is the filing period for the next exam coming asap so you make the cut. If you do make the cut, judging by your post guys taking the next exam shouldn't feel threatened.
    And? A a guy realizes one short-term goal is more obtainable than another and prepares for that to reach his overall goal and you fault him for it? If you think you're going to win a race war, you need to read the last 40 years worth of history books involving civil rights and race relations. I'll save you the trouble. You lose. It's widely known that public safety departments are heavily pressured into hiring the ethnically diverse. There's 10 times more pressure in large cities. Get over it. I support 6019 in their fight but if you're losing sight of your final goal, then I cant stand behind you. It seems like you're more interested in a race war than becoming a member of FDNY. The position of probie candidate is not one of soap boxes so Keep your nose down and your eye on the final prize.

May I also say that this particular thread lead me to follow and support the fight of those whose dreams were thwarted by the injustice of 6019 but your posts are viewed by me, the unaffiliated, as ones with alterior motives.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    And? A a guy realizes one short-term goal is more obtainable than another and prepares for that to reach his overall goal and you fault him for it? If you think you're going to win a race war, you need to read the last 40 years worth of history books involving civil rights and race relations. I'll save you the trouble. You lose. It's widely known that public safety departments are heavily pressured into hiring the ethnically diverse. There's 10 times more pressure in large cities. Get over it. I support 6019 in their fight but if you're losing sight of your final goal, then I cant stand behind you. It seems like you're more interested in a race war than becoming a member of FDNY. The position of probie candidate is not one of soap boxes so Keep your nose down and your eye on the final prize.

May I also say that this particular thread lead me to follow and support the fight of those whose dreams were thwarted by the injustice of 6019 but your posts are viewed by me, the unaffiliated, as ones with alterior motives.
    Race war? FYI, I am a minority. The FDNY does have a problem hiring minorities and unless they win their appeal or are even granted a stay(which is possible after the Ricci case) the next exam will be a complete free for all, putting everybody's hopes of getting otj in jeopardy. Nobody knows what that exam will look like and how it will be administered. Do you seriously think we on 6019 should be anxious to take a pass/fail exam and be picked at a random like they're doing in Chicago?

With comments like "Get over it", it sure seems like you could use a hand off your soapbox.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post

Race War? Why does't the NYPD, Corrections, Sanitation, MTA etc have these problems ? All of these exams and their content are pretty much the same. If you paid attention in middle school, everyone should understand basic reading comprehension, math, and common sense questions.

If you took exam 6019 than you'll remember that when the final answer key was released a majority of the questions were subjective and had multiple correct answers. You could have closed your eyes, filled in the bubbles, and did fairly well on this exam. If I were a minority, I would be insulted that the vulcans feel that the written exam was biased. I myself have taken the PD, Sanit, MTA, multiple FD tests in another large city, and after taking the first couple of these tests years ago there isn't really a need to study because they all are pretty much the same. If you take enough of these civil service tests you begin to see that.

Bottom line is certain people do not want certain jobs. No matter what is done there will always be some inconsistencies. Not everyone can be happy.

What would you do if the next exam comes and goes, you score well enough on the exam but you are passed over for a lower scoring candidate or someone that has different color skin than you do gets the job because the city is forced to hire it this way? If you must go through this after scoring well on 6019, having a good list number, getting paperwork together for CID, passing CPAT, passing your medical 2 or 3 times, spending money on Lasik surgery, endless hours of training, you would not be too happy.

This is why people here are reacting the way they are when others say just to give up on 6019. The uncertainty of the new test format, how the results will be handled, as well as other things does not make it any easier. When you say that you will not win a race war, this is what the DOJ, vulcans, and hack liberal judges bank on. They know that eventually people will give up or get tired of fighting the fight and they will be able to push us around and impose their agenda on everyone. To give up on something when you know there is wrong being done is the easy way out.

Forum Member

Spend money on laisik? I thought the NFPA medical standards allowed eye glass inserts in the mask? does NYC use different standards?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Spend money on laisik? I thought the NFPA medical standards allowed eye glass inserts in the mask? does NYC use different standards?
    Just going off the top of my head but I think you have to have no worse then 20/50 uncorrected for FDNY. Some departments will allow inserts or glasses or contacts, FDNY isn't one of them.

Forum Member

As far as what's going to happen with the next exam, there are a lot of assumptions being made as to what is going to happen. Does anyone know what exactly the exam is going to be like? No. None of us do. But I feel that the court documents(reports from the special master) do give an indication of what the exam will be like. And to my knowledge, not one of the documents have indicated anything in relation to randomization, or to doing anything that Dayton or Chicago did. There is nothing set in stone that says the next exam will be a free for all. Nothing. If I recall correctly, all parties involved (The DOJ, the Vulcan lawyers, the special master, the city, PSI) are working towards an exam that specifically avoids all those things. Also, they will most likely do their best to avoid the mistakes Dayton and Chicago made, as they have knowledge of what those mistakes were.

The next thing I would like to note it this. That firefighters were laid off in 1975. Some of them waited something like two years to finally get re-hired. In the early 1980's, hiring was delayed due to a lawsuit. I know several members who have indicated waiting 6 to 8 years to get on to this job. What is my point? That somehow, those guys persevered. They never gave up. While they waited, they gained an education, or learned trade work, worked for the PD or were involved in a variety of other endeavors. I got the feeling from all of them that they worried only about what they could control. They survived. And so will all of us.

So what can we do? For one, continue to write letters. It seems to me to be pretty effective. One of our fellow list members, nearly alone, got the age extension for people from our list, by from what I can tell, mostly by writing, emailing and faxing letters. So, write your council people and write to the mayor with your concerns about 6019, about company closings and a possible
    Last edited by Minerva; 01-11-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Forum Member

Great post.

Forum Member

Good post Minerva.

Although, I'd like for some guys to expand on comments like "we should be focusing our efforts on the next test" or "study like your life depends on it."

Why can't you prepare for the next test and fight for 6019 at the same time? Let's be honest here, theres only so much preperation you can do for a civil service test. A lot of guys never prepare and ace them because the exams rely on basic common sense and some people are just good at standardized tests. So what exactly should people on 6019 do beyond studying, and working out(which most of us have been doing anyway)?

I can see myself in the coming months going to a court hearing to support 6019 one day and going for a prep course for the coming exam the next. I'm not naive. The chances of 6019 being resuscitated aren't great but if we on 6019 completely give up, the chances are nil.
    Last edited by GIMMEFIRE600; 06-15-2011 at 08:10 AM.

Forum Member

Great job, Minerva.

The family questions during holidays or get togethers can be brutal. Even most of my friends don't understand why I'd like to take a pay cut and give up a cushy office job. The thing is you either "get it", or you don't. Today looks like a perfect day for a nice out door workout.

Forum Member

Race war? FYI, I am a minority. The FDNY does have a problem hiring minorities and unless they win their appeal or are even granted a stay(which is possible after the Ricci case) the next exam will be a complete free for all, putting everybody's hopes of getting otj in jeopardy. Nobody knows what that exam will look like and how it will be administered. Do you seriously think we on 6019 should be anxious to take a pass/fail exam and be picked at a random like they're doing in Chicago?

With comments like "Get over it", it sure seems like you could use a hand off your soapbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by BK204NYC View Post
    Race War? Why does't the NYPD, Corrections, Sanitation, MTA etc have these problems ? All of these exams and their content are pretty much the same. If you paid attention in middle school, everyone should understand basic reading comprehension, math, and common sense questions.

If you took exam 6019 than you'll remember that when the final answer key was released a majority of the questions were subjective and had multiple correct answers. You could have closed your eyes, filled in the bubbles, and did fairly well on this exam. If I were a minority, I would be insulted that the vulcans feel that the written exam was biased. I myself have taken the PD, Sanit, MTA, multiple FD tests in another large city, and after taking the first couple of these tests years ago there isn't really a need to study because they all are pretty much the same. If you take enough of these civil service tests you begin to see that.

Bottom line is certain people do not want certain jobs. No matter what is done there will always be some inconsistencies. Not everyone can be happy.

What would you do if the next exam comes and goes, you score well enough on the exam but you are passed over for a lower scoring candidate or someone that has different color skin than you do gets the job because the city is forced to hire it this way? If you must go through this after scoring well on 6019, having a good list number, getting paperwork together for CID, passing CPAT, passing your medical 2 or 3 times, spending money on Lasik surgery, endless hours of training, you would not be too happy.

This is why people here are reacting the way they are when others say just to give up on 6019. The uncertainty of the new test format, how the results will be handled, as well as other things does not make it any easier. When you say that you will not win a race war, this is what the DOJ, vulcans, and hack liberal judges bank on. They know that eventually people will give up or get tired of fighting the fight and they will be able to push us around and impose their agenda on everyone. To give up on something when you know there is wrong being done is the easy way out.
    If you read my post, you would see my main qualm with your post was that you faulted someone else for their decision. Frankly, its none of your business. I was giving you examples of why someone would wish to move on.
    Maybe he isnt giving up on 6019 but he is preparing for the next step. I commend 6019's efforts in fighting an injustice and could never understand what they went through but if they are going to ostracize one of their own for attempting to look toward the future, I have no sympathy for the goal and damn them to be acting the same way the vulcans are behaving. 6019 needs to band together as a unit, not divide based on a few personal opinions. Again, I was not part of 6019. I speak as someone who the members of this forum have shown there was an injustice. If you are trying to gain support of the public, which you desperately need to win this fight, I suggest you stick together and not throw insults at each other because of your personal choices.

I 100% recommend Lasik. I had vision poor enough that I couldnt see large green interstate exit signs when fully dialated. Now, 20/20

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    Just going off the top of my head but I think you have to have no worse then 20/50 uncorrected for FDNY. Some departments will allow inserts or glasses or contacts, FDNY isn't one of them.
    Is there an official site or someplace where I can get that? because I'm 20/16 with glasses..

Forum Member

Is there an official site or someplace where I can get that? because I'm 20/16 with glasses..
    I thought it was on the FDNY website but I can't find now. I'll ask a buddy on OTJ he might know or someone in his house might know, if someone doesn't answer this first.

Forum Member

Default fdny vision requirement

from what i remember you need to have at minimum 20/40 uncorrected combined vision.

Forum Member

Default Eye

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    from what i remember you need to have at minimum 20/40 uncorrected combined vision.
    yea its minimum 20/40 uncorrected with both eyes together, but they also check each individual eye as well. each eye must be a minmum of 20/50 uncorrected. this is to avoid having candidates depend on just one strong eye to make up for a highly deficient other eye.

Forum Member

Its hard to stay motivated with all thats been going on with the exam and fdny but I still have some hope on 6019! The city didnít need the hire cause they took of the fifth members off the engine and now lets wait to see what happens with the 20 firehouses? If they close then I could be time to hang up 6019 gloves

Forum Member

ive been doing some research online to find out what exactly makes someone a nyc resident. as we all know people fake residency all the time, there is no definite answer but a few things it does say is where if you have a car the insurance goes to/your adress with the post office is a very common answer and also the adress on your state liscence. since most people in nyc dont have cars. it never mentions anything about a high school diploma.

i dont get how people can twist things like that to fit there own needs. as a city resident and a vet iam absolutely appaled that someone who did nothing but graduate from high school even be in contention for such points.

Forum Member

The situation with 6019 has broken down many hopes for all of us. But do not give us. This job is still within our reach. It may seem hopeless at times, but this situation is not. Nothing is impossible. Keep pushing forward. Take control of everything that you can. Study. Workout. Learn. Live. Stay out of trouble. And keep in mind that if we receive a fair exam, which I still feel that we will, then NO ONE can stop you from scoring well. NO ONE can stop you from running the CPAT in 6 minutes flat. They can't take away a clean back ground, good health, they can't stop you from passing the medical and that step mill, on the first try. And they cannot stop you from passing the run that gets you to the rock. And once you get to the rock, they can't stop you from studying, getting high marks, from working hard and excelling.
    Last edited by Minerva; 01-11-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainIV View Post
    Its hard to stay motivated with all thats been going on with the exam and fdny but I still have some hope on 6019! The city didn’t need the hire cause they took of the fifth members off the engine and now lets wait to see what happens with the 20 firehouses? If they close then I could be time to hang up 6019 gloves
    Don't let the closing of the 20 houses get you down bro. I stated before my thoughts on this. When they close the houses the members don't get laid off, they get detailed to other companies a to fill a vacancy. Bloomberg thinks this is going to put a stop the to the OT which it very well may. But, when this happens all the guys making tons of money in OT might be going to retire...a lot of them. Otherwise they are losing money plain and simple. This brings the city back to where they were in manpower before the closing of the 20 houses. They need to hire regardless, they just can't because of our unfortunate situation with the Vulcans. Keep your heads up boys somethings needs to happen.

Thread Information