Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

i think the last test was all in one day at public schoools thruout the 5 boroughs but there was an afternoon test and a morning test

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrome12211 View Post
    Hey guys i posted this a while back, 2009, in regard to the extra points and with the recent posts about numbers taking the exam thought it would be relavent. FYI it has happend, he was not hired and even if the list list is used he would be 2 classes out from being hired...tough Sh** to take when you think of it.

"Hey guys just a little food for thought, the person with the lowest list number who did not recieve any extra points was list number 1838 and he scored a 99.03, those points mean a hell of a lot. This guy could concivibly not be hired on this list, AKA the person who scored the highest out of anyone who took this test (note I tried to do the math by subtracting points from the top 25 scored with extra points, i could be wrong, but not by many) could be passed over because he didn't have extra points. I know that i will be moving to NYC for the next exam, becuase I would be on the cusp for the next class if I had residency. Again just some food for thought. "
    I'm confused about what you meant in the first paragraph and also by the numbers you used in the second?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I'm confused about what you meant in the first paragraph and also by the numbers you used in the second?
    i think what he meant was that u pretty much need all the points you can get residency/vet etc... people score a 98 or so and still not get within hiring range

Forum Member

Yeah Thanks, I understood that part, I'm curious about the the list numbers and scores, I didn't realize that info was public.

Forum Member

So now that the firehouses are saved.....OT shoots through the roof and attrition still continues,,,,do you think that the FDNY can still go about lets say on the safe side a year and a half without hiring again????

Plus the 10th year anniversary since 9/11,,,
    plus Osama being taken down...
    by no means am I saying something horrible will happen but I believe that the mayor/judge are just being very careless with the city's safety issue. This is both a money saving solution and a saftey solution if we still get hired.

Remember that about 3k police officers have been hired since the last fireclass went in

I still firmly believe that we will get hired off 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I really don't see how it's at all possible that any of us would even remotely know how they plan to do it. That said, I think one day/one location would be, ya know, some kind of fire hazard...
    Yea I wasnt using my head. Same place would have to be a football stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    i think the last test was all in one day at public schoools thruout the 5 boroughs but there was an afternoon test and a morning test
    Thanks. I was hoping for more than one day since I'm planning on a trip in December. Naturally, the test takes priority so I'll just bank on the usual later-than-rumored date for the test

Forum Member

BKborn, all lists once certified are a matter of public record and can be viewed for the life of the list and the 6019 list link was posted on here a couple times, I think that the link is no good anymore though, once the list was ruled biased the link stopped working. Basically what I am saying is that even if you score number one on the list based on raw score (no added points, legacy, vetran, residency) you could still not get OTJ. If this idiot judge has anything to do with it scores will no longer matter, just the color of your skin...which is sadly exactly why civil service exams were made, to prevent hiring based on race, ethnicity, or nepotism. My great-grandfather got OTJ when all the other jobs in NYC had sign that said Irish need not apply, looks like we are going back to those days...thank god for progress.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Yea I wasnt using my head. Same place would have to be a football stadium...

Thanks. I was hoping for more than one day since I'm planning on a trip in December. Naturally, the test takes priority so I'll just bank on the usual later-than-rumored date for the test
    iam pretty sure once filing opens then u should have a scheduled test date. so hopefully by july you will know

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    So now that the firehouses are saved.....OT shoots through the roof and attrition still continues,,,,do you think that the FDNY can still go about lets say on the safe side a year and a half without hiring again????

Plus the 10th year anniversary since 9/11,,,
    plus Osama being taken down...
    by no means am I saying something horrible will happen but I believe that the mayor/judge are just being very careless with the city's safety issue. This is both a money saving solution and a saftey solution if we still get hired.

Remember that about 3k police officers have been hired since the last fireclass went in

I still firmly believe that we will get hired off 6019
    as much as we all would love to see more classes off 6019, cant the city rush the grading and hiring off the new test? or is there like a set waiting period?

Forum Member

as much as we all would love to see more classes off 6019, cant the city rush the grading and hiring off the new test? or is there like a set waiting period?
    if they can rank hire off 6019, that's what needs to happen

Forum Member

iam pretty sure once filing opens then u should have a scheduled test date. so hopefully by july you will know
    IF they are unable to hire in rank order off 6019 I would think they could move the process along much faster than usual. Last time around there was 9 months between when people got their raw score & their list #. Almost exactly one year from the test date until they began the first phase of the hiring process. I wouldn't really go by the typical timeline the city/dept uses because in normal circumstances there is no reason to rush with the new exam since there is an active, eligible list out there.
    Last edited by HopefulFF; 06-27-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Forum Member

They mentioned in the emails that went out that if a test is given in 2011 that they plan to have a class in 2012.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    if they can rank hire off 6019, that's what needs to happen
    That's a Fact!

Forum Member

There are tons of factors that go into creating a list. I've mentioned them here numerous times. The biggest factor that will come into play after the city goes through all the normal processes of creating a list is then the judge would have to approve the results. That process I'm sure won't be as quick as everyone would like and if the results aren't what he wants, you can probably wipe your @$$ with your test score. That is unless an appeal is successful, in which case the city would most likely use 6019.

Oh and FDNYPD, I'd plan that trip with the utmost confidence there will be no exam in December. There is little chance they would have the test at the end of December with all the holidays etc, leaving only the first few weeks of December which is way to soon.

Forum Member

Check out the Philadelphia Fire website as they have just opened up filing for their new and improved test created by FPSI. It gives some info on what the test will be like.

Looks like they have done away with the CPAT in favor of Department interviews. It just states you need to be able to physically perform the duties of the job. The written exam is weighted 100%. Study guide is released only 4 to 6 weeks prior to exam. Pretty interesting.

Might this be what we have to look forward to if there is no rank order hiring from 6019?

Here's couple of links:
    Job posting-
    https://phila.peopleadmin.com/postings/1178

Discussion-
    http://pafirenews.net/messageboard/i...p?topic=6905.0
    Last edited by BK204NYC; 06-27-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Forum Member

The TPM portion of the test is designed to measure the ability to read, retain, recall, and comprehend written material.

No specific mention of even basic math, hmm.

Forum Member

They mentioned in the emails that went out that if a test is given in 2011 that they plan to have a class in 2012.
    even if they have a class in it wont be till late 2012 which means they wont be in firehouses til almost mid 2013. and thats being very optimistic

Forum Member

even if they have a class in it wont be till late 2012 which means they wont be in firehouses til almost mid 2013. and thats being very optimistic
    Yeah these are NYC government agencies aka they move at a real slow pace. I find it hard to believe they'll even have a class in the academy in 2012if the written exam is in December.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BK204NYC View Post
    Check out the Philadelphia Fire website as they have just opened up filing for their new and improved test created by FPSI. It gives some info on what the test will be like.

Looks like they have done away with the CPAT in favor of Department interviews. It just states you need to be able to physically perform the duties of the job. The written exam is weighted 100%. Study guide is released only 4 to 6 weeks prior to exam. Pretty interesting.

Might this be what we have to look forward to if there is no rank order hiring from 6019?

Here's couple of links:
    Job posting-
    https://phila.peopleadmin.com/postings/1178

Discussion-
    http://pafirenews.net/messageboard/i...p?topic=6905.0
    is this the same company that is making the NYC test? If so how similar do you think it will be?

Forum Member

is this the same company that is making the NYC test? If so how similar do you think it will be?
    No, the company I believe is working with the FDNY is PSI. Philly is using a company by the name of FPSI. Both companies seem similar in their approach.

I was checking out their website and found an interesting but lengthy article on how much actually goes into creating a bulletproof test.
    Here's the link:

http://fpsi.com/pdfs/Hiring-the-Most...g-Lawsuits.pdf

MembersZone Subscriber

No. Different company and different test.

Funny though that the job announcement for Philly says the test is based on 9th edition study guide, yet the only link I found on FPSI seems to only have 10th edition available.

For those unfamiliar with them, this study guide and test has different topics that are all tested on. All of the numbers and such are just slightly off "real world" info that it is necessary to study their book.

The 9th Edition TPM consists of five chapters:

Firefighter Orientation
    Tools and Equipment
    Homeland Security
    First Aid and Rescue
    Standard Operating Procedures

The NEW 10th Edition TPM consists of five chapters:

Firefighter Orientation
    Hoses and Ladders
    First Aid and Rescue
    Standard Operating Procedures
    Emergency Incident Rehabilitation

Forum Member

They are not making the study guides for the Philly exam available until 4-6 weeks before the exam. Maybe that's why.

Forum Member

If there is a class you can bet itís going to be a 4 month class as oppose to 6 because they going to need the man power. They may as well just let 6019 expire when it is schedule to in June 2012. The city pumped a lot of money into the test with test preparation classes and also the cpat course

Forum Member

i know its far away but heres a question, i have been shredding all my bank/cc statements/phone bills up until about 3 months ago cause we werent sure about when the nest test is. those of you that went thru the investigation did you have to provide them with the statements from that or does the investigator manage to get a hold of them on his or her own?

Forum Member

i know its far away but heres a question, i have been shredding all my bank/cc statements/phone bills up until about 3 months ago cause we werent sure about when the nest test is. those of you that went thru the investigation did you have to provide them with the statements from that or does the investigator manage to get a hold of them on his or her own?
    You could always go back online and print out previous statements. I do all my bills paperless. I lived in Nassau County for a few years and when I moved back to Queens my parents who still lived in Nassau were getting jury duty notices for me. I went online and printed out previous bank statments and bills and showed them I had been living in Queens for how ever long and they accepted them.

Thread Information