Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

I'm not saying I agree with their reasons behind the complaint. They'd be administering a new exam this year regardless of a lawsuit anyway.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Stop the Dept of Social Justice. NOBAMA

The Commonwealth of Mass Civil Service division charges $100.00 too take the

written test and $75.00 too take the CPAT, all of which is non-refundable. This

is what the vulcans wanted so TS, and accept it. If not give it up and go to

work at the Corrections Dept. Again as I posted earlier all the Candidates from

list #6019 should request a fee waiver because the test for #6019 was not part

of the lawsuit and should not have been even considered. Stay safe and

support rank order hiring off list #6019.

Jameson_12
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BTown View Post
    The Commonwealth of Mass Civil Service division charges $100.00 too take the

written test and $75.00 too take the CPAT, all of which is non-refundable. This

is what the vulcans wanted so TS, and accept it. If not give it up and go to

work at the Corrections Dept. Again as I posted earlier all the Candidates from

list #6019 should request a fee waiver because the test for #6019 was not part

of the lawsuit and should not have been even considered. Stay safe and

support rank order hiring off list #6019.
    We're not petty and don't act like children... I'd pay a thousand dollars to take the test if I had to.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson_12 View Post
    We're not petty and don't act like children... I'd pay a thousand dollars to take the test if I had to.
    yup, second that

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson_12 View Post
    Yeah and the city would keep that thousand the next time around when the results are the same and the vulcans still aren't satisfied. Enough is enough, the line has to be drawn somewhere.

I don't think the issue is how much money they are going to charge for the exam, it's just the principle. There are plenty of people on here that spent a lot of dough from start to finish with the 6019 process all to be cut down at the knees with this BS. Remember, just because you should've been hired last time around doesn't mean a thing when they roll this new exam out. Anything can happen.

There are plenty of honest, hardworking people out there that really want this job and to read that court document makes me sick to think that the people calling the shots are holding this **** up over a lousy ****in $24. I personally don't know anyone that wouldn't part with $54 if they wanted this job bad enough. It should have never, ever even gotten to this point. The vulcans want their hands in everything from top to bottom and they know the rest of us have no voice in this matter.

Here's and idea paul washington and company. Why not, instead of looking for every angle and scheme to help the people you represent get in through the back door, focus your efforts on teaching said people how to study for a basic civil service test, comprehend what they were just taught, and continue to study until the test is given. Then maybe the scores will be high enough and the numbers will add up the way you want them to. Just like the rest of us did for 6019.
    Last edited by BK204NYC; 07-01-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Forum Member

The vulcans wouldn't be satisfied with more blacks on the job, otherwise they would be out recruiting competitive candidates. They want actual recognition, They want to make as big of a stink as possible for the vanity if it, delusions of going into history books.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 07-01-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Forum Member

6019. 6019. 6019. 6019. 6019. 6019.
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-09-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FairHiringFDNY View Post

$$$$$$ not equality
    the vulcan motto
    Isn't that the truth.

Wouldn't those that are represented by the vulcans, who feel they are entitled to this type of treatment, feel a little better about themselves knowing that they studied hard,worked their *** off and did all they were asked of to get this job just like the next guy. Then, maybe they will feel equal like they claim they want to be treated, and not like the second rate citizens their own kind are making them out to be.

First, the vulcans insult their intelligence saying they are not educated enough to pass this simple test, and now they are too poor to come up with an extra $24 for a test that was created to benefit them because they couldn't pass it in the first place. The vulcans wanted it this way, they got what they wanted (new exam), and now they try to dictate the price because they feel it will discourage certain individuals. You really can't make this **** up. I would be outraged and insulted if the vulcans were representing me.

Forum Member

We should all omit the question on the upcoming exam where they ask your ethnicity/race.

Forum Member

I'm thinking about it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    We should all omit the question on the upcoming exam where they ask your ethnicity/race.
    This needs to be repeated Ad nauseam, to your friends, relatives, siblings...etc

Don't provide the government the data necessary to gerrymander special set assides and patronage based rulings that will only be used against you and your family.

They need statistically relevant data and by not checking anything it ruins any statitical methods they could attempt to use to claim racism.

Unless you want this exam held up in court again, tell everyone DO NOT FILL IT IN...IT IS OPTIONAL...in otherwords DO NOT volunteer information to the Federal Government that they aren't entitled to. You have a right to privacy, excersise that right.

It is none of the government's business what race you are.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Default Fdny

When i called recruitment to put myself on the mailing list for the upcoming exam they took all my info. The last question they asked me was....what is your ethnicity? I simply told them that I'd rather not answer and they said ok. You DO NOT have to tell what race/ethnicity you are.

This just gives them all the info they need to crunch the #'s and see what % of each group took the exam.
    Last edited by QCFRANKC; 07-02-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Forum Member

That's right. Do to the optional race survey, they determined the disparate impact in the grade results, not factoring applicants that would have never made it past the hiring process, which crippled the highly qualified minorities that showed up with the checks across the board who were on their way to getting hired the right way. These determined future probies were described as casualties of war. Fair isn't it? They were pooled in with other blacks and Hispanics who hardly put in a quarter of effort than the guys I met from 6019, and we all get the raw deal because of it. If the Vulcans ever stoped to think, they were going to get a flood of highly intelligent, strong and dedicated candidates from this list. What a shame money does to peoples motives. To stop this nonsense from happening again ALL races must omit this portion when taking the test. Let them find out when we show up to the rock to take the qualifying run. Don't be surprised that the people that say they have your best interest in mind are really just another member of our overly litigious society.

Forum Member

the race part of the test will look like this ()white () black () pacific islander (the FDNY will assume all applicants who choose to omit their race are white)

MembersZone Subscriber

Guys. Just another word of advice to be careful what you post on here. This is a public forum and the whole world should not see your personal feelings on the topic. Be cautious about how you sound on here. I know we hide behind anonymous usernames, but you represent FDNY candidates and the future of the fire department. Some of you are not helping the fire department's reputation, and your not even on the job yet. Save the rants for somewhere a little more private. Just a word from the one of many who follow this very public post, but do more reading than writing.

Forum Member

Thank you^

I've been in recent background processes where investigators ask for usernames of public forums. They check your posts

Forum Member

Did the documents say that the price will be adjusted and the filing will start on the 13th? Or do they still have to argue over it?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 07-03-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Did the documents say that the price will be adjusted and the filing will start on the 13th? Or do they still have to argue over it?
    Basically the doc said filing was to be on the 6th, but with the objection over exam fee everything has been pushed back a week so a formal submission of this issue can be submitted to the court and a final decision could be made. Unless there's another change, delay, the filing period is to open up on the 13th.

Forum Member

Thanks hopefulFF.

Forum Member

Oj's blood and DNA at scene of crime= not guilty

6019 declared desperate impact after vulcans and judge say test not racist = guilty

Casey anthony leaves baby girl to die in woods while partying and boozing into wee hours= not guilty

People there are major flaws in our judicial system that need to be fixed ASAP . When I heard that judgement today it brang me back to the day of aug 4th 2010 when we all had oUR dreams KILLED by those despicable vulcans and the horrible judge. Justice does not happen in our country and for that we must do something about

We must always remember and try to get justice for little caylee Marie Anthony

Wel ALL must never forget 6019

MembersZone Subscriber

Without getting into a debate about something unrelated to your situation:
    It comes down to proving guilt beyond reasonable doubt.
    It is one of your rights given by The United States' Constitution.
    For some reason, it was not proven in this case.

You are being failed by one imbecilic judge.
    Not by a jury of your peers.

Forum Member

Default pd

Hey, guys. Just wanted to let y'all know that I'm swearing in for the pd tomorrow. I've thought long and hard, and I've come to a conclusion that it'd be better to lock in the pension now and get my time started. I'm just looking at the big picture, and the goal of becoming a part of FDNY will be THE driving factor for me. If anyone else is going in tomorrow, please let me know (only the ones that are still passionate about the FDNY).
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by my1goal View Post
    hey, guys. Just wanted to let y'all know that i'm swearing in for the pd tomorrow. I've thought long and hard, and i've come to a conclusion that it'd be better to lock in the pension now and get my time started. I'm just looking at the big picture, and the goal of becoming a part of fdny will be the driving factor for me. If anyone else is going in tomorrow, please let me know (only the ones that are still passionate about the fdny).
    best of luck pal!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Hey, guys. Just wanted to let y'all know that I'm swearing in for the pd tomorrow. I've thought long and hard, and I've come to a conclusion that it'd be better to lock in the pension now and get my time started. I'm just looking at the big picture, and the goal of becoming a part of FDNY will be THE driving factor for me. If anyone else is going in tomorrow, please let me know (only the ones that are still passionate about the FDNY).
    Good luck bro. I just started my investigation process for the pd this weekend. I've got the same mindset as you. PD will only be a pit stop on the road into the FDNY. Again best of luck and hopefully we'll be at the Rock sooner than we think.

Forum Member

Default pd

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Good luck bro. I just started my investigation process for the pd this weekend. I've got the same mindset as you. PD will only be a pit stop on the road into the FDNY. Again best of luck and hopefully we'll be at the Rock sooner than we think.

Thanks Remoray and sffdny. It was a grueling day today, and I kept having to remind myself that I'm doing this for the FDNY and the Rock. I really don't know how I'll do at the academy since my heart and soul's at Randall's and not Manhattan. Well, let's keep hoping this sorry excuse for a judge renders his final verdict soon. Gotta keep believing that good things happen to good people...!
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Thread Information