Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 618 FirstFirst ... 364414454461462463464465466467474514564 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,280 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Default fdny

i wonder what the commisioner will have to say at his meeting with the 6019 candidates? this is great news.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson_12 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up
    you want business cards, the way to do it is to photoshop them and order them from staples. my company does this all the time. Its much less expensive than a printing place and you dont have to pay shipping.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by remoray229 View Post
    you want business cards, the way to do it is to photoshop them and order them from staples. my company does this all the time. Its much less expensive than a printing place and you dont have to pay shipping.
    thats a great idea.. i actually have a staples right up the block from me.. anyone know how to work magic with photoshop?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by meant2bfdny View Post
    thats a great idea.. i actually have a staples right up the block from me.. anyone know how to work magic with photoshop?
    Might as well put my computer art degree to use for something. I can do some fancy stuff in photoshop if need be.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Might as well put my computer art degree to use for something. I can do some fancy stuff in photoshop if need be.
    beautiful man.. ok PM me and well talk.. regardless we got to get this website up and runnin before any cards or stickers can get printed up but we can def start gettin a basic idea goin if nothing else

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jjpl925 View Post
    video is a sick idea!!!!!!!...yeah, lets get this next meeting going!...

.....there will be no fistpumping or beat banging from the si crew!...promise!

.....cant promise that were not gonna spray tan for the occasion though!
    just throw some gel in those blowouts!! hahahha. we have enough of that in westchester too. video sounds great guys. I would definitely like to explain my story, and how this lawsuit has affected our lives.

UpstateCandidate
    Firehouse.com Guest

The website is a great idea. Also, we can open a PayPal account and set up a link on the website to accept donations to help us with legal counsel and "marketing" to get the word out. Regarding stickers, I frequent the Meadowlands and one sure-fire way to get some attention is by magnets. I come out of football games and there's always magnets on my car looking for tickets, etc. If we go with magnets and place them on cars at Giants-Jets games, we certainly can get some eyes open and this is exactly the type of people we want backing us...hard working average people, just like us. Magnets could get expensive but I have seen it as an effective way to reach thousands at once.

Jameson_12
    Firehouse.com Guest

.............................. ....
    Last edited by Jameson_12; 01-26-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson_12 View Post
    Only problem with magnets is that every site we've checked out has them at least double the price of stickers
    yeah man.. we could also just put the business cards or fliers in the windshield wipers of the cars you know.. nothin illegal there loll.. puttin them on the cars at GIANTS stadium was def a good idea tho

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by meant2bfdny View Post
    yeah man.. we could also just put the business cards or fliers in the windshield wipers of the cars you know.. nothin illegal there loll.. puttin them on the cars at GIANTS stadium was def a good idea tho
    what you guys are doing is great, but research any ideas you have thoroughly...

VENDING / SOLICITATION: Unauthorized soliciting or the collection of contributions, vending, distribution of flyers, or other materials is not permitted.

http://www.newmeadowlandsstadium.com...r-policies.php

I know it's done all the time, but if there happens to be one person, who supports this DOJ action, you might find yourselves looking for a different kind of legal representation...

Forum Member

Any idea the dates anicipated for our next meeting in bryant park? I want to make sure I am off from work.

Forum Member

So if I'm reading the latest court docs that were just emailed to us correctly, the plaintiffs are now requesting that the judge offer any of the options EXCEPT option 6? This out of fear that the city would hire that class, and then not hire another due to economic factors? Just trying to see if I read that correctly is all.....

Forum Member

correct, they support option 2 which would bump those toward 2500 out of the group for minorities. 4 5 7 are all the quota classes just different sizes

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I think it's a great idea bro. I just can't see the judge ever watching it or caring even if he did.

The media however is a different story. I can see it now on NY1!!
    Long time reader, first time poster, and with regards to a video it would be a great idea considering and few friends and I put one together with a website to raise money for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. Check it out at http://www.firstgiving.com/keys100 . My friend who ran the 100 mile ultramarathon raised tens of thousands of dollars and appeared on many Fox News shows including Glen Beck and a short special with the Today Show. He is also on the list in the low 1000s, and these are the types of people lives' this judge's decision is ruining. The video is on the left hand side or check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg0RY7AqaTQ. Us candidates can get this to be big!

Forum Member

That is a heavy video man, thanks for posting it^^^^^^

Makes me feel like an unbelievable goddamn weakling. You all should watch this......

Forum Member

Unreal, thanks for the post. I feel like I have no right to ever complain about anything again.

Great example of a video and website. Any news on a meeting?

Forum Member

Candidates:

I spoke with my buddy in the film industry today.

First off, he is really excited to help us. He has been a dear friend since high school, and has always wanted to do something to help us but never knew how. He works 80 hours a week, but he is willing to edit this on the weekends. Also, he has a film-trained friend coming to visit him for the next couple of weeks, and he will also be in on the project. They will bring all the lights/cameras/mikes.

His idea is a 5 minute or less video consisting of interviews and a combination between still photos and video footage. The stills will be personal photos of the interviewees in addition to the run photos. The video will be similar - candidates in their home environments and footage from the run and upcoming bryant park meeting.

We are looking at between a 2 week and 1 month process. Im hoping to get it down to 2 weeks.

Our major time-eating issues will be collecting the raw materials (personal still photos and video), taking care of the legal elements and waivers, and scheduling the interviews. The editing will take place on a few sleepless weekend nights at my buddy's apartment.

He is going to prep this work over the rest of the week and brainstorm, and Im supposed to call him on saturday. In the meantime, i want to get a list of guys who are ready and willing to share their story about the process and why they want on.

As long as you can make the interviews, there should be no limit on how many guys/gals we can have involved. Of course, in a 5 minute video, we may not be able to use everyone, but im thinking of leaving those decisions up to a professional and unbiased editor who can craft something with the most impact in the most concise format.

If you would like to either work on the video concepts or be interviewed, email me at 6019video@gmail.com. Ill make the official list from there.

Lets make it happen.

Forum Member

Also, we will probably be extending the ability to film to everyone directly...my buddy says that anybody who has an iphone 4 or a flip camera will be more than welcome to film whatever they want (i.e. their gym routine, or whatever, for example) and we can incorporate it if it fits into the film.

Forum Member

I know you guys are talking about a lot of stuff and concerning yourself with the legality of some of it. Which is a good.

At the risk of letting the anarchist in me start coming out, I say "Do what you gotta do."

Im of the opinion that its easier to get forgiveness than permission.

I dont foresee legal action being taken against the group. Youre not acting maliciously. Youve got no money. If you make a mistake here and there, consider it collateral damage and continue fighting the good fight.
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Another guy who works with ESPN films has jumped on and volunteered his time to help with the video.

Pretty sweet, this is all falling together.

Thread Information