Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 465 of 618 FirstFirst ... 365415455462463464465466467468475515565 ... LastLast
Results 9,281 to 9,300 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Guys we cant F around here. We have to have a meeting about the video.

I say this week Bryant Park this week.... Ideas?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by aal2016 View Post
    Great, glad everybody is in.

Ill start working on it right away.

Ive never done anything like this before, so ill start by talking to my buddy and getting a timetable for the project.

I3ackdraf, you in on working with me on this cause you're the media point guy?
    Sure i'll work with you just pm me and let me know what you need me to do, this is your show!!!

Forum Member

I can definitely lend a helping hand, I have a degree in film production, specializing in sound recording. I couldn't make the last meeting because the day I voted on wasn't picked. So if it happens again then I suggest that we have a separate meeting for the people who want to get involved in the video, to discuss the technical aspects, and see what department peoples skills are in. Let's get rolling!

Forum Member

Guys/Gals...I just caught up on a couple pages of forum reading and I gotta say that I am Damn F*ing proud to be a part of this group!!!! You guys Rock!!! All these ideas are amazing and I cant wait for our website, cards stickers etc...and hell yea Im excited to hear Merit Matters asking about a rally and coming to support us!!!

Only input I have is if we are going to get donations we really should think about starting a not for profit LLC...Something our legal representation (when we settle on one) can help us with.

Other than that everyone just keep up the great work....and remember be on Staten island on Oct 8th and 9th for the Brendan Morracco event and bring a camera......Ill be handing out fliers on Sunday with a fellow candidate and I will make sure we use his Iphone to take some videos

This is Big....Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

I like the fact that we have homegrown technical talent in the group: i like using my buddy, but hell, i like using our own talent even more.

A meeting is definitely in order with the video crew. Im coming up from maryland on sunday night for the meeting and staying till monday night. Perhaps we can meet that evening?

If not then, ill have to wait till the next week to physically get up to ny, but we can get a conference call on skype about this any time. We have done conference calls before and it works pretty well. Since we will just be bouncing ideas off each other for the initial meeting, i hope this will be sufficient.

Remember: the thing that will slow the process up is the gathering of personal photos and footage from the group. As long as you have a video recorder, you can start work NOW. The staten island crew is planning to film their volunteer session over at the wounded warrior project this upcoming week, for example, and that will be an important part of our story. Or if you want to be interviewed for the piece, you could start collecting up any stills you have that help tell your story.

If its alright with you guys, id like to move the video discussion over to email so that we dont clog up the forums. If you want in, send your email info to 6019video@gmail.com and ill start an email string.

Forum Member

Just had a lightbulb go off.....for video...what if we got some of us to the Rock and ran the mile and a half loop in the park over there....in under 12 minutes of course...just to give the little inuendo that "Hey were Ready Here"!!!!!

Forum Member

F'n sweet dude.

2 years ago i remember running that with my buddies, thinking we were going in in 2 weeks. If i only knew...

Forum Member

F'n sweet dude.

2 years ago i remember running that with my buddies, thinking we were going in in 2 weeks. If i only knew...
    boy oh boy do i remember that aal.. feels like at least 7 yrs ago huh? loll.. nd chris ive agreed before and ill agree again.. thats a great idea dude.. im all in for that as well.. got to wear our shirts though of course
    Last edited by meant2bfdny; 10-01-2010 at 07:41 AM.

Forum Member

F'n sweet dude.

I remember that day like it was yesterday but it still feels like ages ago. Bam even came to one of those meet ups. Who would have thought that this was to come?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    I remember that day like it was yesterday but it still feels like ages ago. Bam even came to one of those meet ups. Who would have thought that this was to come?
    of course you remember it.. you wore shorts.. i would never forget that frost bite either if i were you loll

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by meant2bfdny View Post
    of course you remember it.. you wore shorts.. i would never forget that frost bite either if i were you loll
    Haha. Nice bro. Don't hate because you couldn't handle a little breeze.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Haha. Nice bro. Don't hate because you couldn't handle a little breeze.
    hahaa breeze my ***.. it was straight up freezin out there brother loll

Forum Member

This thread just went a little queer on me with those last 2 comments.....I wore shorts too

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    This thread just went a little queer on me with those last 2 comments.....I wore shorts too
    lolll god bless ya then dude.. i was all under armoured out with a layer of sweats on top

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by meant2bfdny View Post
    lolll god bless ya then dude.. i was all under armoured out with a layer of sweats on top
    I had the UA long sleeve on....The wind was no joke as i remember

Forum Member

In regards to the Department of Justice Legal Brief:

From I understand after reading the proposals again. It seems that Proposal 7 would allow the city to hire an immediate class of 117 in strict rank-order because the amount of blacks and Hispanic appointees in the 117 would be proportional. Unless I am missing something, that class 117 would have no "quota-like stipulations" attached to it. All subsequent hiring after the "117" would then require the city to either appoint in an applicant flow, or through random selection of the chosen applicant pool.

Can anybody verify this?

If this is the case, I think we should be hoping to get these 117 in as soon as possible. Once again, unless I am reading the document incorrectly, the city wouldn't be forced to hire after the 117. At the very least, getting the 117 in would appease the DOJ because they get their percentages, rank order is utilized, and the city cuts back on the OT to a limited extent.

Just a thought guys. based on my list # I wouldn't get in that 117 class, but I would be happy that those who would go in are at least going in on merit.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY5 View Post
    In regards to the Department of Justice Legal Brief:

From I understand after reading the proposals again. It seems that Proposal 7 would allow the city to hire an immediate class of 117 in strict rank-order because the amount of blacks and Hispanic appointees in the 117 would be proportional. Unless I am missing something, that class 117 would have no "quota-like stipulations" attached to it. All subsequent hiring after the "117" would then require the city to either appoint in an applicant flow, or through random selection of the chosen applicant pool.

Can anybody verify this?

If this is the case, I think we should be hoping to get these 117 in as soon as possible. Once again, unless I am reading the document incorrectly, the city wouldn't be forced to hire after the 117. At the very least, getting the 117 in would appease the DOJ because they get their percentages, rank order is utilized, and the city cuts back on the OT to a limited extent.

Just a thought guys. based on my list # I wouldn't get in that 117 class, but I would be happy that those who would go in are at least going in on merit.
    the way i read it is 117 would be appointed, but there would still be some white candidates being passed over for lower ranking minorirty candidates until the percentages they want are met. The reason this is an option for "quick" hiring is, of the 300+ already qualified candidates, there would be enough minorities to put in the class without having to go back and process others down the list. thats how i read it, but i could be wrong

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pcc6019 View Post
    the way i read it is 117 would be appointed, but there would still be some white candidates being passed over for lower ranking minorirty candidates until the percentages they want are met. The reason this is an option for "quick" hiring is, of the 300+ already qualified candidates, there would be enough minorities to put in the class without having to go back and process others down the list. thats how i read it, but i could be wrong
    The intentions are that nobody would be skipped over under proposal 7, because the 117 represents the proportional amount of minorities the city claims to have qualified already. However, if a minority candidate doesn't want the job or whatever the case might be, they might then need to skip over whites to get a replacement minority for the one who didn't want the job. BS anyway you look at it.

Also it seems the city is getting the ball rolling on the new exam. On the fdny rant, theres a letter to officers saying they could be picked for a survey about the new exam at the end of the month.

UpstateCandidate
    Firehouse.com Guest

Have we ever written "Letters to the Editor" to the Daily News, Post, Newsday, the Chief, etc. etc. as a group? Not only can we gain exposure in print but also on the web because the printed letters get posted on their websites.

Also, including in the film footage at The Rock is an unbelievable idea! How about a faux CPAT as well? LOL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateCandidate View Post
    Have we ever written "Letters to the Editor" to the Daily News, Post, Newsday, the Chief, etc. etc. as a group? Not only can we gain exposure in print but also on the web because the printed letters get posted on their websites.

This is a great idea. Who is the best wordsmith around here??

Thread Information