Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 466 of 618 FirstFirst ... 366416456463464465466467468469476516566 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,320 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

1) Yes, the city is definitely working hard on a new exam now. Some have speculated January, but I call BS on that. Either way, it's coming.

2) I'm concerned about whether or not the city will bother to follow through with the appeals as they said they would, even though they're making a new test.

Those two items are out of our hands. My concern for us is, what is actually (maybe) in our control from a legal standpoint. Truth be told, I believe we're truly alone on this, regardless of verbal, etc support from anyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting4Months View Post
    1) Yes, the city is definitely working hard on a new exam now. Some have speculated January, but I call BS on that. Either way, it's coming.

2) I'm concerned about whether or not the city will bother to follow through with the appeals as they said they would, even though they're making a new test.

Those two items are out of our hands. My concern for us is, what is actually (maybe) in our control from a legal standpoint. Truth be told, I believe we're truly alone on this, regardless of verbal, etc support from anyone.
    Do you mean January 2012? If it was going to be Jan 2011 we would have been able to file for it already. Im really looking foward to the FDNY commisioner's answers to the list of questions

Forum Member

Smile

I won't be able to post anything this weekend due to a super busy schedule, but I just want to say last weeks run really was the best thing for us. The amount of movement and ideas floating around on the board is just amazing.

I think the video is a phenomenal idea. Just like in the open court hearing, it will help humanize us and give faces to the names, show that we are real people.

To the guys meeting with the commish on Monday, good luck and I know you don't need to be told, but remember its an honor to be meeting with him.

Also, I cant even begin to express how grateful I am to be associated with all of you. Really is an honor, and our class at the rock is going to be a blast! Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit lol.
    Lets keep this ball rolling guys!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    Do you mean January 2012? If it was going to be Jan 2011 we would have been able to file for it already. Im really looking foward to the FDNY commisioner's answers to the list of questions
    Yeah (I havent done squat physically besides a few emails and phone calls) but I would really appreciate some serious answers from the Commish. I know you want to be courteous and all that, but we need answers to the questiosn like that esp for guys who are close to the Max Age

PS I truly do appreciate the work guys are doing. ONCE we get on the job, Jameson for the fellas....As Jimmy Conway said, "Drinks are on the House"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    That's what "my guy on the inside" was told, but we both agreed that January's probably BS. I guess it's possible they could release a test for review by then, but not actually administer one. Point is, new test is absolutely positively being developed as we speak.

I just don't see how anyone could think that that's a solution. The vulcans will most certainly complain about any and all written tests given. And they'll sue. And they'll win. Every. Time. If you ask me, the validity of the written exam--any written exam-- is what's being put on trial here since any outcome that a certain racial demographic doesn't like, can be challenged in court (and won).

Okay I'm gonna stop before my head explodes again.

Forum Member

After countless hours working with a friend of mine who was kind enough to be an ENORMOUS help for our cause, we finally have a website up and running ...

Please let me know any feedback you have

Be aware though - It still needs a few more pieces added to it and edited on the site itself but its available for now just to have it up before the weekend.

6019candidates.com

Have fun with it

Forum Member

Ohh and once we get the video put together

you can bet your *** that it will be on the homepage of the website

enjoy

Forum Member

Deleting posts and account.
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-19-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FairHiringFDNY View Post
    Looks great keepitsimple. Job well done.
    wow keepitsimple you did your thing. I'm blown away by all our efforts for real. You too FairHiring i'll def take you guys to a steak diner at the end of this. Gluten free of course.

Forum Member

GREAT JOB!!!

I think there should be a petition for people to sign. That way we can compile a list of names to submit to politicians and gain support from our communties. The more people we can prove are behind us the greater the impact will be. Do you agree?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Yeah (I havent done squat physically besides a few emails and phone calls) but I would really appreciate some serious answers from the Commish. I know you want to be courteous and all that, but we need answers to the questiosn like that esp for guys who are close to the Max Age

PS I truly do appreciate the work guys are doing. ONCE we get on the job, Jameson for the fellas....As Jimmy Conway said, "Drinks are on the House"
    No more jameson either, got that meant2be

Forum Member

Double post from below
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 10-01-2010 at 07:22 PM.

UpstateCandidate
    Firehouse.com Guest

Website looks great. Packed with plenty of info. Can't wait to see the timeline...all the hoops and everything we've been jumping through for years now. Putting the meeting schedule on there too was great. Full disclosure...invite EVERYBODY in. Guys and gals, great strides are being made here. Can't wait to hear from the Commish.

Forum Member

Deleting posts and account.
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-19-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Good job on the website guys!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting4Months View Post
    Good job on the website guys!
    Solid job on the website

Forum Member

Default fdny

I am eager to attend the next meeting. I think we should do it soon and possibly influence the decision on Oct 31st. Maybe we can do it earlier in the day and get some media there this time and get some more exposure. I am emailing everyone letting them know about the website 6019candidates.com.

Forum Member

I know this isnt a super important question but since they threw this test out do we get our money back or is the next test free?? just curious or do they just pocket the money?..also what is the age limit for FDNY?29 or 35?

Forum Member

Website look great!!! and lets continue to work hard and not worry about the "what ifs" out of our control.... but remember this: a test could be given tomorrow(which of course it cant) and a new class of firefighters would not be out of the academy and on the street for at least 18 months.....obviously there is no test tomorrow so it will be even longer....you really think the city is not gonna appeal and try to get 300plus of possibly the greatest and most active candidates there have ever been...from their financial point of view also they just cant wait that long....50 + firefighters retired last month alone

Oh and Im not sure if everyone knows this but we are indeed holding up promotions from within...I met someone the other day on E162 on Nelson who is waiting to get promoted to lieutenant and cannot until a probie class goes in...do you think he wants to wait for a new test!!!

Keep the pressure on em boys by simply doing whats right...volunteer, stay strong and get our name out there....WE WILL GET THIS

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc1468 View Post
    Website look great!!! and lets continue to work hard and not worry about the "what ifs" out of our control.... but remember this: a test could be given tomorrow(which of course it cant) and a new class of firefighters would not be out of the academy and on the street for at least 18 months.....obviously there is no test tomorrow so it will be even longer....you really think the city is not gonna appeal and try to get 300plus of possibly the greatest and most active candidates there have ever been...from their financial point of view also they just cant wait that long....50 + firefighters retired last month alone

Oh and Im not sure if everyone knows this but we are indeed holding up promotions from within...I met someone the other day on E162 on Nelson who is waiting to get promoted to lieutenant and cannot until a probie class goes in...do you think he wants to wait for a new test!!!

Keep the pressure on em boys by simply doing whats right...volunteer, stay strong and get our name out there....WE WILL GET THIS
    They are not going to hold promotions for very long. What do you think is better; paying a fireman O/T or a LT.? LT's make 15% more, base, on top of a fireman, so I assure you they'd rather pay a fireman if O/T for bosses gets too high.

On that note, I believe very strongly that they'll hire sooner rather than later from this list. They might not hire too many, but a class or two I'd bet the farm on. One point I'd like to make after hearing what was said at Merit Matters on Monday: Due to the finding's of *INTENTIONAL* discrimination, they city is on the hook for huge damages. If this can be settled in a fashion that eliminates the word intentional, they might be more willing to bend a little for one of the compromise hires for the short term.

Thread Information