Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

you can count on it

Forum Member

[QUOTE
    I wonder whats the hold up on declaring what the physical will be and how much it will be worth. Giving a physical to all that passed the written and then grading it will be much more time consuming than just giving it to the guys that are in the top 4000 on the written. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hopefully those of us on 6019 won't have to go through all this mess again and the city's appeal will be successful.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of the appeal, it was said a while back I believe when the group met with the commissioner that we basically shouldn't hold our breaths about this list; maybe if we send in letters stating their are still candidates that are still interested. Make a little noise so they don't forget us? any thoughts?

Forum Member

The 10 Most Idiotic Questions from FDNY Entrance Exams - New York News - Runnin' Scared

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...0_most_idi.php

Forum Member

deleted last post.
    Last edited by BigGriffC12; 07-20-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Forum Member

big griff. no worries my man your fine. just lay off the pipe. the city only cares about skin color.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2beFDNY View Post
    big griff. no worries my man your fine. just lay off the pipe. the city only cares about skin color.
    Lmao aint that the truth

Forum Member

Cassano was on Fox 5 this morning, everything he said we pretty much already know. Except he did say "we have a CPAT physical, we still don't know if were going to score it or if its just going to be pass/fail, I took a pass/fail 43 years ago so we're going back to things we did years ago."

He did also say he disagrees with the judges decision but we have to move on.

Forum Member

Default Cassano on Fox 5

Here is the link :

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/good_day_...-exam-20110721

What didn't the minorities understand about the city benefits of the FDNY that made them go the way of NYPD or DOC? All city public safety benefits are fairly similar as far as pension, salary, medical, etc. This is all very easy info to find if you are interested in the job. If your worried about the dough, doesn't it state the salary info on all of the Notices of Examinations. Somehow I don't think that knowing you will have 4 weeks vacation is going to persuade you to join the FD. Bottom line is certain people don't want to do certain jobs.

Here is some info I found over on the rant in regards to EEOC policy, and asking about race on an application for employment:

http://www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/qanda_race_color.html
    Last edited by BK204NYC; 07-21-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Forum Member

Default Fdny

Why are they giving the new exam over a 1 month period. We each have to be given the same questions even if they are given in a different order. Aren't they worried that questions/answers could be leaking from candidates taking the exam early on to candidates scheduled later in the month. I guess they cannot accomodate everyone since they will be using computers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrSanitation2 View Post
    Why are they giving the new exam over a 1 month period. We each have to be given the same questions even if they are given in a different order. Aren't they worried that questions/answers could be leaking from candidates taking the exam early on to candidates scheduled later in the month. I guess they cannot accomodate everyone since they will be using computers.
    No need to worry. According to Judge Garaufis and company, people can't comprehend what they read, and then answer multiple choice questions based on the reading where the answers can be found.

If someone is that stupid, I don't think we have to worry about them quoting the exam to their friends a day later. Right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrSanitation2 View Post
    The 10 Most Idiotic Questions from FDNY Entrance Exams - New York News - Runnin' Scared

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...0_most_idi.php
    I swear to Christ they should offer those old exams to a 10 year old, and check their results. If a 10 year old can pass it then I don't see how anyone can say it's a biased exam in any way.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I swear to Christ they should offer those old exams to a 10 year old, and check their results. If a 10 year old can pass it then I don't see how anyone can say it's a biased exam in any way.
    They would claim you found a 10 year old doogie howser

How the hell is it that they can ignore the fact that asians do well on these tests and are a minority.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 07-21-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Forum Member

I am surprised there has been no metion of what tier we will be hired under. I guess Cuomo will have his proposed new tier VI completed by the time they hire. I wonder if they are going to go back to 13 weeks instead of the six month academy.

Forum Member

Assuming that the tier can be changed once you are already on the job, I hope it's tier three so it will keep the people who want it Just for the benefits out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    They would claim you found a 10 year old doogie howser

How the hell is it that they can ignore the fact that asians do well on these tests and are a minority.
    I work with an Asian guy and asked him that exact question. His reply "We don't bitch & moan nor do we consider ourselves a minority"

Forum Member

Default fd

if you are already on one of the other nyc uniformed forces (corrections,Sanitation, Nypd) and you joined them with a 20 year retirement plan.....what happens when you transfer to fdny. Will you be placed in the fdny version of the 20 year plan since you have already been paying into a 20 yr retirement plan?

Forum Member

hey guys i just wanna make sure iam all set. i applied for the exam online setup an account with oasys or whatever, paid 25 dollars and printed my reciept. is that all? now i just wait for a card to come by dec3rd right? there is nothing else i need to do? i say that cuz i would hate for sept 16 to roll around only to find out i missed a step.

i feel dumb for asking so please be kind when answering and remember there are no stupid questions(only stupid people)

Forum Member

That's all I did. I was thinking the same thing.

Forum Member

Default Stop the Dept of Social Justice. NOBAMA

Just wondering do you suppose that the City of NY namely the FDNY will pick up

the tab for Lasix surgery? We all know that the candidates on #6019 got a

hand out when you needed it. Just wishful thinking. Support rank order

hiring off #6019. Stay safe.
    Last edited by BTown; 07-21-2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: sp

Forum Member

[QUOTE=BTown;1283792]Just wondering do you suppose that the City of NY namely the FDNY will pick up

the tab for Lasix surgery? QUOTE]

Ha, I hope you were joking.

Forum Member

does any one know how long the wait is to get on EMS?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    does any one know how long the wait is to get on EMS?
    I'm not sure exactly, but I know they are giving a civil service exam for EMT sometime after this September. The filing for it begins 9/7/11, subscribe to The Chief they will have more info eventually. Its Exam# 2004

If you put an application in you may be able to get on as a provisional, before that. I'm not sure how it's looking with this current list that they are hiring from.
    Do you have your EMT yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    I'm not sure exactly, but I know they are giving a civil service exam for EMT sometime after this September. The filing for it begins 9/7/11, subscribe to The Chief they will have more info eventually. Its Exam# 2004

If you put an application in you may be able to get on as a provisional, before that. I'm not sure how it's looking with this current list that they are hiring from.
    Do you have your EMT yet?
    Thanks for that info. No I don't have my emt yet. What's the fastest I can get my emt? What info is tested on on civil service exam, is it emt knowledge? I PMED you.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 07-22-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Forum Member

Default Stop the Dept of Social Justice. NOBAMA

[QUOTE=Desire4theJob;1284058]
    Quote Originally Posted by BTown View Post
    Just wondering do you suppose that the City of NY namely the FDNY will pick up

the tab for Lasix surgery? QUOTE]

Ha, I hope you were joking.
    The group who filed this foolish lawsuit are complaining about the 50 bucks

for a foolish test. A lot of guys on #6019 had to have Lasix surgery. I believe

the cost of this procedure is around $2500.00. Maybe the judge who #### ed

everything up will pay for his favored class.

Forum Member

A person can file for both the open competitive and the promotional, correct?

Thread Information