Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 467 of 618 FirstFirst ... 367417457464465466467468469470477517567 ... LastLast
Results 9,321 to 9,340 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

One point I'd like to make after hearing what was said at Merit Matters on Monday: Due to the finding's of *INTENTIONAL* discrimination, they city is on the hook for huge damages. If this can be settled in a fashion that eliminates the word intentional, they might be more willing to bend a little for one of the compromise hires for the short term.[/QUOTE]

How did they intentionally discriminate??? I hate to say it but I recently took the NYPD exam (just to keep options open) and the test was very simialr to ours, maybe a little harder. The process to be hired is exactly the same but of course our physical and medical is a tad bit harder. But my point is that all this talk of NYPD is so diverse why isnt FDNY. Maybe just maybe the majority of qualified minority applicants would rather be police officers than firefighters. Isnt that allowed, its their choice. Corrections is over 70%minorities, should they take some of them and move them to the FDNY to even things out. You see where Im going with this. This is RIDICULOUS in every sense of the word.

The reality is through recruiting efforts(say what you will about it) over 33% of the top 4,000 scorers were minorities. If left alone 6019 would have produced more minority firefighters than any other list!!!! Those minorities in turn would spread the word to families and friends and the next tests would probably produce even more qualified minority candidates. The FDNY would diversify eventually, THE RIGHT WAY!! But thats not good enough is it. It needs to come at the expense of innocent victims who did nothing but invest time and money and not too mention lose our minds in the process. I once again have to say I am proud the city is standing up to the injustice of quota hiring which is ultimately discrimination in its own way. I just really hope it doesnt come at OUR expense
    Last edited by chrisc1468; 10-03-2010 at 01:25 AM.

Forum Member

I think the "intentional discrimination" part came because for years - i recall hearing even back to the 70s - the FDNY had been criticized for lack of diversity and even legally ordered to diversify. But it kept on giving the same test.

The judge is saying it's intentional discrimination because the city had been told for years it was discriminating with this method of testing, but chose to do nothing to change that fact.

I dont agree with it, but thats what the judge is saying.

Forum Member

Candidates, only got 4 people interested in doing the video thus far. And 2 of those people are interested in the creation process.

We need stories to tell.

Email 6019video@gmail.com so we can get an email list going.

Forum Member

I know what your saying but in my opinion (and probably everyone elses on this forum) "intentionally discrimination" would mean I am going to pass over this candidate simply because he is black or hispanic. The FDNY has never done that. BUT the DOJ and Vulcans, if they get their way, want white candidates passed over simply because they are white. Gee I dont know about you guys but that kind of sounds like "intentional discrimination."

YOU GOTTA LOVE DOUBLE STANDARDS!!!!

Forum Member

Default fdny

tomorrow is the big meeting with the commish. Thanks in advance to the 6019 eligibles attending. im sure we will be well represented. hopefully we get some answers to our questions.

Forum Member

hey guys long time reader first time actually posting on here...thanks again for the guys going to meet the Commissioner tomorrow...I am looking forward to hearing what he has to say about our options...I really hope that he gives us a very good insight into what we can expect...please post the info from him ASAP as I'm sure pretty much all of us will be anxiously awaiting what he has to say...thanks again guys

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dowork6019 View Post
    hey guys long time reader first time actually posting on here...thanks again for the guys going to meet the Commissioner tomorrow...I am looking forward to hearing what he has to say about our options...I really hope that he gives us a very good insight into what we can expect...please post the info from him ASAP as I'm sure pretty much all of us will be anxiously awaiting what he has to say...thanks again guys
    My refresh button is going to get worn out tomorrow afternoon. Goodluck at the meeting. Hope we get some answers.
    FDNY Exam 6019 List# 14XX.
    Lawsuit Victim: Completed process, cancelled academy.

FDNY Exam 2000 List# 6XX.

When and where is the meeting tomorrow?

Forum Member

Group Picture has been added to the About Us section of the webpage

Oh yeah. And what is the webpage html?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Oh yeah. And what is the webpage html?
    www.6019candidates.com

Forum Member

Re: that newest doc speaking about the "disparate impact" of the background investigation. I couldn't read past the part where the plaintiffs claim that a greater percentage fail because they don't show up, and that is indeed prejudice. I almost smashed my phone....

Forum Member

Deleting posts and account.
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-19-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Re: that newest doc speaking about the "disparate impact" of the background investigation. I couldn't read past the part where the plaintiffs claim that a greater percentage fail because they don't show up, and that is indeed prejudice. I almost smashed my phone....
    Seriously???? you either pass or you dont...you either show up or you dont...disparate impact can only be enforced if it is NOT job related. Im pretty sure passing and showing up for a background check can be deemed job related. Can we please just be done with GOOFUS already so we can move on to the appelate court.....THIS IS NUTS!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FairHiringFDNY View Post
    Meeting is at 09 metrotech.

We will be sure to update ASAP.
    2 of the 4 of us will be meeting a lawyer after as well. We are awaiting a meeting with another lawyer
    And then will announce a bryant park meeting ASAP to have a group decision on legal.

Hope you guys have a good meeting tomorrow. Good luck!
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Thumbs down

The wait continues
    Last edited by Keep Running; 10-06-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Forum Member

just would like to say how proud iam of that webstie fellas.. lookin good!

Forum Member

Just sent over the new claim by the Vulcans of diparate impact in the background investigation to the FDNY investigators. Boy are they ticked and Im sure they feel betrayed by the many vulcan firefighters that they have investigated in the past. What a ludicros and ridiculous new caim these idiots are making. And to think there is a libral judge in Brooklyn that actually agrees with them... UnF*cking believable....it truly is

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    Just sent over the new claim by the Vulcans of diparate impact in the background investigation to the FDNY investigators. Boy are they ticked and Im sure they feel betrayed by the many vulcan firefighters that they have investigated in the past. What a ludicros and ridiculous new caim these idiots are making. And to think there is a libral judge in Brooklyn that actually agrees with them... UnF*cking believable....it truly is
    You spoke directly with the investigators?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    i like that.. that was a good move.. im sure that def p****d them off huh?

Thread Information