Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

6019. 6019. 6019. 6019. 6019. 6019. 6019. 6019. 6019.
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-08-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Forum Member

Simpllyhuge/Brooklynborn,

I PM'd you a little while back and gave you the entire rundown on the EMS route. The answers have all been given to you.

You've been on this forum long enough to know the answers to the questions (sometimes dope-slap-ingly obvious) that you've been nervously asking daily since you appeared in this thread a while back.

Everyone else gets the answers the same way: research. Don't tell me you can't get the answers by doing just that, I'll go back and show you any one of your questions and provide you a link to any given answer. Easily.

Before getting OTJ, I researched forums tirelessly and just plain enjoyed reading old threads or articles and anything pertaining to the job that I had such a burning desire to attain.

There's a point where you need to take some initiative. Not expect a hand out to every question. And no, just because this is a forum to ask questions, does not justify the simpleton question spam you post daily.

You come off as lazy. Why? Because a lot of us even had some of your questions at one time and found them......believe it or not....on OUR own.

Biggriffc12 (his brother from another mother), you also make my head hurt....if you need examples, I'll gladly re-post any one of your posts on this forum over the past few months. They speak for themselves.

Smarten up. The Vulcan's are the ones that also want handouts, don't emulate them, you'll get spit out at the door. This job doesn't need it.
    Last edited by shmarleybarlow; 07-22-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Forum Member

well I knew what I thought was the answer to the question that I just asked because I read the criteria on the application, however It would only be smart to double check myself to make sure I am interpreting it correctly.
    I could call Dcas and I will, but as this forum pointed out many times before, the person you get on the phone usually doesn't know much. So before I somehow disqualify myself from the 2000 filing, I wanted to make sure I could file for both.

Forum Member

6019. 6019. 6019. 6019. 6019. 6019.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    A person can file for both the open competitive and the promotional, correct?
    Are you EMS? Your corresponding YES or NO answer would coincidentally be the same answer to your question quoted above. Simple huh?

Metrowreck is a mess, but they aren't that stupid. You'd be dq'd during your investigation when your EMS civil service start date is verified (if you made it that far in the process). If you aren't a civil service FDNY EMT right now during the filing, you aren't qualified to take the promo test in the first place. Hence the title: "EMS" promo to firefighter.

Above all: Let's say your plan to do this worked out, look at it from a moral standpoint...you're personal character. You might hear that word again someday. You're artificially increasing the competition/number of people on an EMS promo list to which you never belonged on. They got their EMT, did what they had to, and qualified at the time of filing...you didn't. They have their place in line, you don't.

This epitomizes a squarerooting IGM.

Forum Member

Actually I would work ems just to have a good job for the next few years while I wait regardless of the promotional, which I know is far fetched and not probable. Anyway the two of you are too hostile and negative so I will stop responding now.

Forum Member

6019. 6019. 6019.

Forum Member

Actually I would work ems just to have a good job for the next few years while I wait regardless of the promotional
    That's not what we're talking about right now. You wanted to game the system by applying for both exams.

Anyway the two of you are too hostile and negative so I will stop responding now.
    That's a telling response to the answer you got. I see everything we said went straight over your head. Hostile, no. Negative? you lost me there. But.....as a matter of fact, those wouldn't have been inappropriate reactions to your squarerooting. If that's what you took from it, you must have some serious character problems and some pretty thin skin.

Forum Member

I just am not going to get involved in banter back and forth over the internet so every one can get involved. If you were a man of such great character you would say what ever you had to say via PM.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 07-23-2011 at 12:01 AM.

Forum Member

Post Letter to Commissioner

Wrote out a letter that guys can email to the commissioner, hoping to send out our message and get some new info, feel free to use it.

Name
    Address
    July 22, 2011

Salvatore J. Cassano,
    FDNY Commissioner

Dear Commissioner Cassano:
    I am writing in regards to the recent test announcement and decision of district court judge Nicholas Garaufis with list 6019.
    As a candidate of list 6019 I realize that we are in a very dismal situation in light of the courtís decision to throw out the exam. Despite this fact, many candidates throughout the past few years have been consistently training for an opportunity to be hired as FDNY firefighters. Some candidates have also spent thousands of dollars of their own money on Lasik surgery in anticipation of a job opportunity with the fire department. It is for this reason that I am writing to you; the candidates of 6019 will continue to dedicate themselves to training and studying for the upcoming exam. We would also like to communicate to you that we believe are list isnít dead and needs to be appealed. We believe that we can still be hired off the current list and would like your support as well.
    Again, the candidates of list 6019 will stay ready in anticipation of an appeal and being hired in order to serve the City of New York.

Sincerely,
    Name
    6019 Candidate

any suggestions, pm me

Forum Member

Default rumor sounds far fetched

heard a rumor a few days ago from a dude in my firehouse, he said his father which gives cpat tests was asked to come to the rock in preperation to give these tests again for the 6019 candidates in which were ready to get hired a while back to try to get OT down since the OT is throug the roof right now. It seems most of us are redlined at this time and they are hiring guys who shouldnt be hired for OT since there is basically nobody left to get hired. I work and live on staten island , there are about 10 people getting hired in my battalion alone pretty much every tour. Just something I heard, doesnt sound like it is possible since that test was thrown out but you never know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 19FDNY77 View Post
    heard a rumor a few days ago from a dude in my firehouse, he said his father which gives cpat tests was asked to come to the rock in preperation to give these tests again for the 6019 candidates in which were ready to get hired a while back to try to get OT down since the OT is throug the roof right now. It seems most of us are redlined at this time and they are hiring guys who shouldnt be hired for OT since there is basically nobody left to get hired. I work and live on staten island , there are about 10 people getting hired in my battalion alone pretty much every tour. Just something I heard, doesnt sound like it is possible since that test was thrown out but you never know.

Wow, do I hope theres some truth to that rumor. It is possible for the city to use one of the options outlined by the judge to hire or maybe they can ask him again to let them hire a class asap due to the severe need of FFs. Or they can get the ball rolling now to make it appear as if they'll use one of the judge's options knowing the appeal will hopefully be coming shortly.

I hope the city has realized that the next exam will be totally in the hands of the judge anyway so whats the difference in following his rules now or a year from now. Besides, the city really needs to do right by the guys who got job offers and had them taken away. I think its safe to say we've all been living in agony for the past two 1/2 years.

Forum Member

Deleting posts and account.
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-19-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FairHiringFDNY View Post
    We wouldn't need to be given the CPAT again. I recall them telling me it would be good the length of the list.
    True, could just be for the new exam. Either way I still got my $9.00 money order ready to go, haha.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    True, could just be for the new exam. Either way I still got my $9.00 money order ready to go, haha.
    CPAT is good for the life of the list*

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by remoray229 View Post
    CPAT is good for the life of the list*
    I would still take it again, blindfolded if needed!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    I would still take it again, blindfolded if needed!!!
    Where's the "like" button?
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Default fdny

Our Exam # 6019 was administered Jan 2007 and the first and only class was hired 18 months later in July 2008.

New exam (#2000) will be in Jan 2012. if it also takes them 18 months to hire from that exam it will be July 2013 before first class is hired. That will be 5 years of no hiring in the FDNY.

How many are they under headcount currently? Figure that the FDNY loses approx 25 FF's a month to retirements, promotions etc..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    Our Exam # 6019 was administered Jan 2007 and the first and only class was hired 18 months later in July 2008.

New exam (#2000) will be in Jan 2012. if it also takes them 18 months to hire from that exam it will be July 2013 before first class is hired. That will be 5 years of no hiring in the FDNY.

How many are they under headcount currently? Figure that the FDNY loses approx 25 FF's a month to retirements, promotions etc..
    Your numbers are correct about the 18 months but remember they had an active list #2043 that didnt expire until the May before our first class went in. Since our list #6019 is in limbo, this may not be the case.

Forum Member

Default Fdny

Quote Originally Posted by neal2578 View Post
    Your numbers are correct about the 18 months but remember they had an active list #2043 that didnt expire until the May before our first class went in. Since our list #6019 is in limbo, this may not be the case.
    You bring up a great point.

Since exam # 6019 is set to expire in June 2012 I would think they need to have the list from exam # 2000 established by then.

That is unless list # 6019 gets extended and they actaully continue to hire from it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrSanitation2 View Post

Since exam # 6019 is set to expire in June 2012 I would think they need to have the list from exam # 2000 established by then.

That is unless list # 6019 gets extended and they actaully continue to hire from it.
    Agreed. We unfortunately cannot control anything except our phyiscal fitness. I am continuing to take care of what I can to stay in the best shape for #6019 or #2000.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrSanitation2 View Post

in my opinion, 6019 isn't getting extended, otherwise why would they be giving a new exam this january? the 6019 list is done

Forum Member

Thumbs up Stop the Dept of Social Justice. NOBAMA

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_D View Post
    in my opinion, 6019 isn't getting extended, otherwise why would they be giving a new exam this january? the 6019 list is done

Much easier to hire off #6019 since there are probably 2500 candidates already

processed, and gone through multiples of everything. I believe that this judge

will not want to sign off on the new test, especially since the vulcans won't

sign off on it. Support rank order hiring off #6019. Stay safe.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BTown View Post
    Much easier to hire off #6019 since there are probably 2500 candidates already

processed, and gone through multiples of everything. I believe that this judge

will not want to sign off on the new test, especially since the vulcans won't

sign off on it. Support rank order hiring off #6019. Stay safe.
    Unfortunately I don't think this is accurate. It's much easier to hire off of a test that is free of the stigma that 6019 has in abundance. The Vulcans were much more involved in the writing of this test than 6019, so there is no reason to believe they will support it less.

What I am saying does not mean that I do not support hiring off of 6019 - if they started up again I'm guaranteed in the next class. Unfortunately, the chances are slim to none, and Exam 2000 makes it exponentially less likely because they'll soon have a new hiring pool (with much more up to date info, test scores, etc).

Forum Member

Thumbs up Stop the Dept of Social Justice. NOBAMA

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think this is accurate. It's much easier to hire off of a test that is free of the stigma that 6019 has in abundance. The Vulcans were much more involved in the writing of this test than 6019, so there is no reason to believe they will support it less.

What I am saying does not mean that I do not support hiring off of 6019 - if they started up again I'm guaranteed in the next class. Unfortunately, the chances are slim to none, and Exam 2000 makes it exponentially less likely because they'll soon have a new hiring pool (with much more up to date info, test scores, etc).
    The Vulcans will never sign off on any type of test. Why? Simply because

it takes away from their ability to complain that the hiring standards

were not on a level playing field. Most candidates on #6019 feel that the

FDNY is already stretched thin enough, never mind waiting to hire off another

list that is maybe 15 , maybe 18 months away from being ready. No

guarantees in life. Support rank order hiring off #6019. Stay safe.

Support rank order hiring off #6019. Stay safe.

Thread Information