Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 469 of 618 FirstFirst ... 369419459466467468469470471472479519569 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,380 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Thank you guys for all your hard work. Great job.
    Second that, thank you for your hard work. Side note, although we are still in limbo, it's good that the city is looking into helping the vets with the age limit. It's more than deserved for their service.

Forum Member

Duplicate post

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    "i. In a fantasy world, the exam will be ready by May-July of 2011, followed by a short filing period, with a first class hirable by the end of 2011 to mid 2012."

Does this mean they will be getting rid of the residency points? Seems like a short amount of time to do this in........
    No saying what will happen with bonus points.

Shacknai made a comment that they (the DOJ/vulcans) have a problem with the points. Im not sure why that is since it has been shown that the points seem to disproportionally help minorities.

This is a great question for when they contact us again, but at this point, consider everything, even the points, up in the air.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    Second that, thank you for your hard work. Side note, although we are still in limbo, it's good that the city is looking into helping the vets with the age limit. It's more than deserved for their service.

Wait, would an age extension that cassano states that he supports only be effective for vets? God knows these men and women deserve it significantly more than I do. But I'm just trying to understand if I read something wrong.....

Forum Member

guys, thank you deeply for you diligence, I know the news wasn't everything we hoped for, but at a minimum, it was what we expected. Lets just bite down and tough this thing out. The job isn't going anywhere. I have a vet extension for the age due to time in service, but I think they should extend everyone due to all the court bickering. I will volunteer any way I can for this group. Let us know about the next meeting. DIG DEEP, DIG DEEP.
    and save me a shirt if you can.

Forum Member

Default Fdny

Thank you for all your hard work today. That was very informative. I have a question pertaining to the age extension

• Cassano and Shacknai are both going to look into EXTENDING THE AGE LIMIT for 6019 candidates who passed the exam. This age limit is NOT controlled by the State, but by DCAS and the FDNY. No promises, but they are looking into it and support it.
    • No chance of getting bonus points on next exam if you passed 6019. Sorry guys.

Does that mean that for the next exam you wont be eligible for bonus points since we already used them on 6019............or does that mean we wont be eligible for bonus points because no one will be getting points on the next exam?

Do bonus points include residency and vets points or did they mean just residency?
    Last edited by QCFRANKC; 10-04-2010 at 09:56 PM. Reason: edit

Forum Member

Thanks guys, you are doing an incredible job. I admire all the work you are doing. It is much appreciated.

Has anyone ever sent this judge a letter? Maybe it would make him understand what he is putting candidates through and feel just a touch of guilt? Is this a horrible idea? I mean desperate times call for desperate measures.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post

Does that mean that for the next exam you wont be eligible for bonus points since we already used them on 6019............or does that mean we wont be eligible for bonus points because no one will be getting points on the next exam?

Do bonus points include residency and vets points or did they mean just residency?
    I believe if you never accepted the position to begin with you never actually used your points in the first place. Cant say for sure but I think youll be able to get the same credits again if they do offer it.

Forum Member

This is just such nonsense how these people are so ****ing evil to pull **** like this. Why coudn't they start there **** 2+ years ago during the economy wait!?!?!?!?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Thanks guys, you are doing an incredible job. I admire all the work you are doing. It is much appreciated.

Has anyone ever sent this judge a letter? Maybe it would make him understand what he is putting candidates through and feel just a touch of guilt? Is this a horrible idea? I mean desperate times call for desperate measures.
    This judge is a politician he wont have any feelings! He is doing it for his own cause and doesn't care the candiates effected by this situation or the families that are at risk if they begin hiring by race!

Forum Member

First off..... many thanks to all who attended today's meeting and passing on all this info. All your work and dedication is truly much appreciated. I am also on this list (under 1000) and am over the age limit for a future exam. In regards to getting guys together who are towards the top of the list count me in. I will continue to follow this forum for updates and I'm sure I will see some of you real soon. I know a few guys who also have high list numbers and will be informing them of this as well. Thanks again to all.

Forum Member

Default Fdny

• Cassano and Shacknai are both going to look into EXTENDING THE AGE LIMIT for 6019 candidates who passed the exam. This age limit is NOT controlled by the State, but by DCAS and the FDNY. No promises, but they are looking into it and support it.

How can we try to make this happen? I guess writing letters to the DCAS commissioner since the FDNY Commissioner is supportive.

Donald P. Brosen, Acting Commissioner
    Department of Citywide Administrative Services

So far I can only find his email contact :

http://www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/maildcas.html
    Last edited by QCFRANKC; 10-04-2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: adding

Forum Member

Deleting posts and account.
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-19-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FairHiringFDNY View Post
    The point made about points was about a question asked by a member at the meeting regarding any preference given to all of us. Like would 6019 candidates get some bonus because this exam being screwed. That answer was NO.

As far as the bonus points for next exam. it is all up in the air.

The age extension I understood it could be decided between the department and the city. They stated they would be looking into that for us. It was unclear who it would include. The veterans reference made i believe refers the the age extension that vets already receive. I expect we will hear more out of cassano about the age limit extension after the next hearing.
    I am assuming that the age extension ( IF it happens ) would include all candidates who passed exam 6019 and are past the age of 29 when the filing period begins for the next exam. That would only make sense but who knows.

A better way to state it is that all the eligibles on the 6019 exam who passed would be eligible to take the following exam regardless of age. It would be like a make-up exam for us since the exam we took was deemed invalid. this is all speculation on my part and hopefully it doesnt come to this. In the mean time I will be writing a letter to the DCAS commissioner in hopes that he will support this since FDNY commissioner Cassano already does and he said its upto the FDNY & DCAS to make that decision.

Forum Member

Great Jobs Guys!!!

This shows our work was extremely effective.

Everyone who will be over the age limit ( including myself ), I believe we must all start writting letters until our hands fall off. Write them to everone. Apparently they are working and people do read them.

Is there any legal action we can take at this point?

Forum Member

Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-19-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Forum Member

Keep Calm and Carry On
    For This Too Shall Pass

Forum Member

Wasn't something suposed to happen on OCT 8th? Why is that date standing out to me?

Forum Member

Forum Member

I guess everything is dependent on Oct 31st. Once we know what the DOJ rules we will have a better understanding of our future.

Thread Information