Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joeybatts View Post
    Here's a post worth reading:

"Brothers, A Declaritory Ruling and a Consent Decree is what this is amounting to. What will occur here is simple. A Judge will have his hands in overseeing the hiring until such time that whatever benchmark number is met. From what I have read it looks like they have a goal of seven years. Well I have news for you.

The Bridgeport Police Department faced a similar lawsuit by the Guardians, the BPD's equivalent to the Vulcans....you know, a racially exclusive group, that works on the premise of divisiveness. No such group would be allowed for whites only, nor would I advocate for one. Nonetheless one would not be tolerated. Further, the IABPFF the Vulcans parent organization has a tendency to tout that they represent the interests of Hispanics, although few are a members of the organization.

Today the Bridgeport Police department works under the same Consent decree. It has lasted over thirty, thatís right 30 years. The judge who oversees the decree now has her hands on nearly every aspect of the Bridgeport Police Department: Transfers, High Profile Assignments (narcotics, street crime, swat, etc.) and even discipline. This decree is being challenged currently by a group of officers that are fed up with it and watched it destroy their department and their profession. A similar action is being undertaken by some brothers in Cleveland trying to toss a consent decree that has outlived its usefulness in that city. These decrees are nearly impossible to get tossed. Many have a sunset, that is nearly always extended.

These consent decrees exist all over the country, Chicago, Philadelphia, Parts of New Jersey, Mount Vernon, countless Metro Cities. They are a detriment to the efficient and safe operation of a Fire Department no matter where it is. I knew very little about this injustice until we became involved in our situation. You may not be able to stop it so late in the game, but you have been warned by Paul Mannix in his many writings. I cannot stress enough, the importance of getting involved. Contact Paul Mannix and get on his contact list."

Where's this from? It's soooo sad yet so true.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Stop the Dept of Social Justice. NOBAMA

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Where's this from? It's soooo sad yet so true.
    White candidates suffered here in Boston for many years because of a

consent decree. I believe it was finally removed after 25 years. It basically

ruined the job as I have said before. This BS must be stopped by the City

and the FDNY.

They even had consent decrees in admission too the City's exam schools. A

white lawyer whose daughter was denied admission filled a lawsuit claiming

reverse discrimination he won the court case and his daughter was admitted

to Boston Latin School. No QUOTAS appeal #6019. Stay safe.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

I really do not believe they would hire with a ratio or make the test pass/fail. This method would make city residency, military and legacy invalid. Not to mention the Mayor would not hire with those crazy ratios on the 6019 test so I would not expect him to allow it for another test. If they were going to make it pass fail or hire with a 1:5 ratio, I believe they would have just hired off the 6019 test since thats what the Judge was looking to do.

Either way, lets just control what we can control. Stay fit!! Also, if your young.... I would take the NYPD test and try to start your city pension while you wait for the craziness that is the FDNY test. You could lock in your 22yr pension because by the time FDNY hires, I believe the new contract will be 25yrs instead of 22yrs.

I am upset just like everyone else about all this craziness.......... and I am a minority!!! lol

Just be smart folks and do not get your hopes up or put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to this test.... stay safe.

Forum Member

Vekdoggs75 I pulled that from the rant. As you can see this is happening all over the country. In some circumstances people are stepping up and defending themselves and it's working. But if we sit back and let the courts and the vulcans play out there master scheme then we will lose. There are a lot of new people that don't know much about 6019 and what's already happened as of now, and what's going to continue to happen, people seem to have this mindset that this is a fresh start, new exam, bulletproof, lawsuit proof - get that out of your head now because you in for a treat. Quotas can and will happen if nobody joins the fight. Chief Mannix from Merritt Matters is a great person to know and work with for our fight to let the fdny to remain merit based providing equal employment opportunity for all. Follow these links to just get started and let's grow in numbers right away, form a strong relentless group, and not sit around and hope for the best. Because when I think about where I stand at the end of the day, its in the hands of Judge Garaufis, Justice Department and the Vulcans. Not the greatest bunch of lads, so step up now or forever kick yourself for the rest of your life.

Visit the website
    http://meritmattersusa.blogspot.com/

To sign the petition visit the Sullivan and Galleshaw website:
    http://www.sullivangalleshaw.com/fdny.html

We also have a Facebook account at: http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?i...26329114049717

Paul D. Mannix
    President
    Merit Matters
    516-848-9847

Feedback is welcome.
    Reach us at: meritmatters@gmail.com

Forum Member

I'm going to make a new video and I need all 6019 candidates as well as future exam 2000 candidates to participate. This is going to voice us as one, to speak for all races and genders. It's to support rank hiring. Please email me with your name and phone number so I can start the necessary preproduction work. I would like as much help as possible, so if your interested in extra resposibilites, state what skills you may have in the email. Let's all get off the computers and actually do something about our problem.

JoeyBatts@gmail.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joeybatts View Post
    I'm going to make a new video and I need all 6019 candidates as well as future exam 2000 candidates to participate. This is going to voice us as one, to speak for all races and genders. It's to support rank hiring. Please email me with your name and phone number so I can start the necessary preproduction work. I would like as much help as possible, so if your interested in extra resposibilites, state what skills you may have in the email. Let's all get off the computers and actually do something about our problem.

JoeyBatts@gmail.com
    Just emailed you my info

Forum Member

Default Fdny

From what i remember the FDNY offered free prep courses for exam # 6019....am I right? Do you think they will do the same this timne around?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    i just saw on the news about that new haven case, other than the fact that it was a promo exam it seems that there case is very similiar to 6019. i just dont understand how there can be 2 outcomes to almost identical court cases. does the fact that it was a promo exam change evrything?
    No it wasnt that it was a promo, in the New Haven case they were able to prove "business necessity" for all of their quesitons that were asked. Test 6019 couldn't prove that because of questions such as the clean up the chili question. During the hearing some of us attended the city tried to prove this but obviously it didn't fly.
    #Business Necessity means that all the questions asked are job related.

Forum Member

i didnt know youtube had the entire brotherhood: life in the fdny documentary. sorry if this is old news but i havnt been lurking recently. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV3VTsu4xlE .

Forum Member

The Department of Sanitation is also hiring 300 guys this fall. If anyone is on list 6063 and needs any info feel free to PM me. Second best job in the city, still has the 20 year pension (not for long though) and is a great way to get your city time going

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cantwait View Post
    i didnt know youtube had the entire brotherhood: life in the fdny documentary. sorry if this is old news but i havnt been lurking recently. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV3VTsu4xlE .
    Thanks for the link, bro. Much appreciated. Will be replaying it over and over.

Well, it's finally August. Let's hope they really do begin the "Remedy" phase.

Edit- Day before August. Coulda sworn today was August 1. Haha.
    Last edited by My1Goal; 07-31-2011 at 08:48 PM.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

How's the NYPD academy goin, bro?^^^^^^ Smokin everyone? We all expect nothing but top of the class from you...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    How's the NYPD academy goin, bro?^^^^^^ Smokin everyone? We all expect nothing but top of the class from you...
    Haha, it is fantastic! <--- Sarcasm to its max. The discipline crew on the pd could be lurking the forums and ****. Hahaha. To be completely frank, I'm freakin miserable, bro. I have to keep reminding myself every morning that I'm only doing it for the FDNY. And no, I'm not striving to be the top of my class. I'm just aiming to pass. It'll be a different story if/when I get to the Rock, though. I'll be extremely motivated, and will go all out in both the academics and pt. And I'll do all this with a smile on my face every freakin day.

Watching that youtube video is depressing, yet, very uplifting at the same time. I really hope they begin the "Remedy" phase this month. Gotta keep praying.
    Last edited by My1Goal; 07-31-2011 at 06:55 PM.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Haha, it is fantastic! <--- Sarcasm to its max. The discipline crew on the pd could be lurking the forums and ****. Hahaha. To be completely frank, I'm freakin miserable, bro. I have to keep reminding myself every morning that I'm only doing it for the FDNY. And no, I'm not striving to be the top of my class. I'm just aiming to pass. It'll be a different story if/when I get to the Rock, though. I'll be extremely motivated, and have a smile on my face every freakin day.

Yeah I hear ya man. I'm on one of the as of yet untouched lists and am shy some necessary credits. It's been pretty goddamn hard for me to dish out the dough to get that done.

Forum Member

Default The irony is killing me!

Fired up to join Bravest

By PHILIP MESSING

Last Updated: 7:42 AM, August 1, 2011

Posted: 1:12 AM, August 1, 2011
    More Print

More than three times as many black candidates have signed up to take next year's Fire Department entrance exam than the last one, which was given in 2007.

That's good news for the FDNY, which has been ordered not to hire any new recruits who passed the test given four years ago, which Brooklyn federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis ruled discriminatory.

The department, as a result, is stuck paying $2 million monthly in overtime to maintain staffing levels, a figure likely to rise next year as attrition increases.

The FDNY is stepping up its efforts to get more minorities, especially blacks, to sign up for the test, which will be given early next year.

So far, 640 blacks have registered compared with 184 in 2007.

But about three times as many whites have also applied -- 5,484 compared with 1,671.

Recruiters were at the Kings Plaza shopping center in Friday.

Nancy Samson, who is black, said she was interested. "You meet different people and get to help people and save lives," she said.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/f...#ixzz1TmIbm2ji

Forum Member

Default Interesting Stats

I just had a minute to play with the numbers to prove how things don't change and never will.

As of now 5,484 whites have applied compared to 640 blacks. Add those two to make a pool and you get 6124. Making the percentage of blacks slightly over 10%.

If you use the same formula for 6019's numbers, blacks would make up almost exactly 10%. I see a pattern here which will never be broken. Hopefully one day the powers that be will realize that.

Forum Member

Deleted Doesnt contribute to the progression of the thread

Forum Member

Testimony begins in FDNY applicant bench trial

By MITCHEL MADDUX

Last Updated: 11:38 AM, August 1, 2011

Posted: 11:37 AM, August 1, 2011
    More Print

A federal judge began to hear testimony today about how New York City's fire department can attract more minority applicants to an agency currently staffed by a vast majority of white firefighters.

Among the witnesses expected to take the stand at the special bench trial before Brooklyn federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis are several current FDNY firefighters who say they've been harassed because they are minorities while serving in a department that's overwhelming white.

Abusive remarks about the Ku Klux Klan and a firefighter who found a noose in his locker are just a few of the isolated incidents that the judge will hear testimony about, according to lawyers for the Vulcan Society, a fraternal organization for black firefighters.

The judge noted that some of what he will hear undoubtedly will be "the fire department's dirty linen."

"There's a lot of stuff here that's going to be aired...and there's nothing I can do about it," Garaufis said at a hearing last week, stressing that he plans to "let the chips fall where they may."

The prospect of negative testimony about the experience of serving black firefighters concerns groups that are trying to increase the number of minorities in the FDNY's ranks, the Vulcan Society has said.

They fear that revelations of racially-tinged incidents could have a chilling effect and actually dissuade minorities from applying to the department.

But John Coombs, a FDNY firefighter who also serves as the president of the Vulcan Society, wants potential applicants to keep the big picture in mind.

"It's one of the best jobs in the world," Coombs said.

The Post reported earlier today that more than three times as many black candidates have signed up to take next year's Fire Department entrance exam than the last one, which was given in 2007.

The FDNY is stepping up its recruitment efforts to get more minorities - especially blacks - to sign up for the test, which will be given early next year.

So far, 640 blacks have registered compared with 184 in 2007.

But about three times as many whites have also applied -- 5,484 compared with 1,671.

Today's special bench trial grows out of a 2007 lawsuit filed against the fire department by the US Justice Department, with the aim of forcing the city to hire more minorities.

The federal discrimination lawsuit claimed that two previous tests used to screen firefighter applicants discriminated against minorities.

Garaufis has ruled previously that the FDNY's entrance test unfairly discriminates against black and Hispanic applicants.

While blacks represent nearly 26 percent of New York City's population and Hispanics account for 27 percent, black and Hispanic firefighters comprised just 3.4% and 6.7%, respectively, of the city's 8,998 firefighters when the civil-rights lawsuit was filed in 2007, the judge stated in his ruling.

Currently, special master Mary Jo White is presiding over an effort to create a new FDNY entrance exam for aspiring firefighters.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/t...#ixzz1TnHdg39Q

Forum Member

Deleting posts and account.
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-19-2011 at 06:23 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FairHiringFDNY View Post
    I need to research but wasn't 6019 about 17% black?

Would love to see proof that 6019 is the best exam they've given yet in the mission they set for diversity.
    I think you're on the money with 17% black on 6019 after the filing period closed. 6019's filing period was also extended, exactly how long escapes me at the moment, but keep in mind these numbers are just for the opening two weeks of the filing period.

I'm also assuming that one of the reasons the numbers are all higher this time around is due to the ability to file online as opposed to snail mail for the last exam.
    Last edited by GIMMEFIRE600; 08-01-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Forum Member

6019. 6019. 6019.
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-09-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Stop the Dept of Social Justice. NOBAMA

Suppose 1000 blacks file for the test and only 200 get a passing score. What

happens next? That's why the vulcans will not sign off on their ability too head

back to court when the numbers just don't add up. Years ago here in Boston

if you wanted to be a cop you studied the blue book. If you wanted to be a FF

then you studied the red book. Both books contained nothing but info that

pertained too each job no other BS. All the active as well as retired members

here in Boston think that this is headed down the same old road again. Support

rank order hiring off #6019. Never give up. Stay safe.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FairHiringFDNY View Post
    true but I am shocked that only roughly 6000 people applied so far. Though no mention of hispanic, asian or any other race. Also how many of these people are truly interested. Should be interesting.
    yea me too, i mean its only been going on for 2 weeks but you would think there are alot of people who would have sighned up instead of waiting around...but guess since its open for 2 months they are just taking there time

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SI6019 View Post
    The Department of Sanitation is also hiring 300 guys this fall. If anyone is on list 6063 and needs any info feel free to PM me. Second best job in the city, still has the 20 year pension (not for long though) and is a great way to get your city time going
    They dont have 20 year pension anymore same tier 3 as everyone else

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Haha, it is fantastic! <--- Sarcasm to its max. The discipline crew on the pd could be lurking the forums and ****. Hahaha. To be completely frank, I'm freakin miserable, bro. I have to keep reminding myself every morning that I'm only doing it for the FDNY. And no, I'm not striving to be the top of my class. I'm just aiming to pass. It'll be a different story if/when I get to the Rock, though. I'll be extremely motivated, and will go all out in both the academics and pt. And I'll do all this with a smile on my face every freakin day.

Watching that youtube video is depressing, yet, very uplifting at the same time. I really hope they begin the "Remedy" phase this month. Gotta keep praying.
    Enjoy the academy because when you graduate it justgets worse.
    If you learn one thing in the academy it should be dont write B's

Thread Information