Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Run hard boys and girls. I'll see you on July 7th.

Here's a little inspiration:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znUEwqEMcxw

Forum Member

Default the run

got my letter in the mail today.. anybody have information on what the deal is with reporting on Monday when we complete the run. It sounds like they are going to give you a letter if you complete on Saturday and then you report for processing and you are pretty much in but it seems like they are going pretty high on the list for this. Did anyone else get a letter in the 700s and 800s??

74x
    7xx

Forum Member

You guys are so f'ing lucky. Congratulations and best of luck to all of you on the run and into the academy. I know how you must feel right now...if i am that lucky, I look forward to joining you on the line.

In the meantime, im gonna get in NASTY shape for January.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrOOkLyN718 View Post
    Are they still doing the 12 min run, 13 min remedial? or is it just make it under 13 mins altogether and you're good enough not to get remedial?
    For now its just sub 13 keeps you in. At my run, I was put under the impression the 12/13 minute thing and remedial PT will come into play first day in the academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    For now its just sub 13 keeps you in. At my run, I was put under the impression the 12/13 minute thing and remedial PT will come into play first day in the academy.
    So what happens when the guy who makes it in 12:58 saturday runs a 13:15 at the academy? Your hypothesis is sound, but that scenario could easily come to fruition.

Forum Member

It already half-way happened. A guy came in at 12:55. The instructors told him (paraphrasing) it was in his best interest to defer.

Forum Member

It already half-way happened. A guy came in at 12:55. The instructors told him (paraphrasing) it was in his best interest to defer.
    Skyline did you guys run the path that runs along the river?
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdny2b View Post
    Skyline did you guys run the path that runs along the river?
    Thats the one. Out on the trail, back on the bike path. Itll be over before you realize you had butterflies in your stomach.
    steven9d3 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    guys that got their letters today, what borough are you in?
    Woodlawn, Bronx
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

Lightbulb ????

Thats the one. Out on the trail, back on the bike path. Itll be over before you realize you had butterflies in your stomach.
    I heard that there is a pace guy who runs the 13 min pace and if you don't finish in front of him you know your done. Is that true?????

Forum Member

I live in Brooklyn, the rest of you should get ur letters tomorrow if u didn't today. I dont care if I come in at 12:59 on the run, (which im not but just saying), i will not defer NOTHING. I will still make it through the Academy and do remedial pt with pride. I would'nt quit that easily, I dont think they would want u to neither. I ran the along the course were supposed to run for the test while training at the rock so i have my plan in place already. Pace myself in the beginning with the instructor thats running the 13 min pace and then when we hit the turn and start heading back ima go all out, especially at the end. I think that should put me around 11 something.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    I'll see you on July 7th.
    It got pushed back another week?

Forum Member

It got pushed back another week?
    No, week one is processing, June 30-July 3. July 7 is the first day of cycle classes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    No, week one is processing, June 30-July 3. July 7 is the first day of cycle classes.
    If processing is June 16th, like the letter said, then we fill out papework and, besides going to pick up our gear, hang out for 3 weeks? (well, besides running our a-- off in prep, of course)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red2117 View Post
    If processing is June 16th, like the letter said, then we fill out papework and, besides going to pick up our gear, hang out for 3 weeks? (well, besides running our a-- off in prep, of course)
    I mean academy processing. All the health, notifications, union, books, squads, etc.....

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Good luck to class 1 of 2008. Hopefully I'll be in class 2 of 2008. Class 1 you MUST make us look good Because list 6019 is kinda looked down upon ..... let them know were gonna put in hard work .... AND EARN OUR RESPECT Like the brothers and sisters before us ...... BTW I'm talking to Red2117, SkylinePCG, fdny2b, and Irish6019 to name a few. Because "CalmB4Storm" will enjoy kicking our A** around "da rock" once again Make us look good! I know I will when I get my chance.

Forum Member

Default Was wondering if somebody could help me out...

I moved into the city in March of 2007 to live with my grandmother and have been *actually* living there since then. The house that she lives in-the deed is in my father's name. However, like an idiot, I never had my bank switch my addresses for me, so according to them I am still living out-of-state. All utility bills are not in my name. I don't own any credit cards, and the phone bills are also not in my name. I can provide w-2's from jobs where it states that I have been a city resident. I changed all my information over to NYC with Motor Vehicle's and my license is NY and has been since last March. When I talked to somebody at Investigations, she said I WILL NOT get the credit because none of the bills are in my name. Is there anything else I can do or is it a lost cause at this point? I'm afraid losing the 5 points will really screw me here, I am in the 13xx. A serious thanks for any real replies.

Forum Member

Good luck to everyone starting the class!! Make us proud

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post
    I moved into the city in March of 2007 to live with my grandmother and have been *actually* living there since then. The house that she lives in-the deed is in my father's name. However, like an idiot, I never had my bank switch my addresses for me, so according to them I am still living out-of-state. All utility bills are not in my name. I don't own any credit cards, and the phone bills are also not in my name. I can provide w-2's from jobs where it states that I have been a city resident. I changed all my information over to NYC with Motor Vehicle's and my license is NY and has been since last March. When I talked to somebody at Investigations, she said I WILL NOT get the credit because none of the bills are in my name. Is there anything else I can do or is it a lost cause at this point? I'm afraid losing the 5 points will really screw me here, I am in the 13xx. A serious thanks for any real replies.
    i might be able to help you out...turn on your pm.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrOOkLyN718 View Post
    Are they still doing the 12 min run, 13 min remedial? or is it just make it under 13 mins altogether and you're good enough not to get remedial?
    Yo Brooklyn718 turn on your PM I wanted to ask you a question ...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post
    i wrote you a message but i have another thing to add...if you registered a vehicle at the dmv, your insurance has to note that you dwell in the ny area. do you pay your own insurance? if so problem solved, cuz insurance is a bill in my book. anything you have that gets sent to your place counts. playboy subscription...probably doesn't count, but you know what i mean...

Forum Member

Default Pm

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2times View Post
    Yo Brooklyn718 turn on your PM I wanted to ask you a question ...
    -just turned them on...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2times View Post
    Good luck to class 1 of 2008. Hopefully I'll be in class 2 of 2008. Class 1 you MUST make us look good Because list 6019 is kinda looked down upon ..... let them know were gonna put in hard work .... AND EARN OUR RESPECT Like the brothers and sisters before us ...... BTW I'm talking to Red2117, SkylinePCG, fdny2b, and Irish6019 to name a few. Because "CalmB4Storm" will enjoy kicking our A** around "da rock" once again Make us look good! I know I will when I get my chance.
    The July class will be 2 of 08

Forum Member

Any of you guys that are supposed to get a letter still not get it today? Mine did not come yet.

Forum Member

Question hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    Any of you guys that are supposed to get a letter still not get it today? Mine did not come yet.
    - i suggest you call and see whats up...

Thread Information