Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

I definitely agree with you! I was part of the whole exam#6019 debacle. It is rediculous for our exam to be included in the lawsuit. I know it was mentioned that there isn't anything listed about the appeal....there is. Info on the appeal can be found on the NYC Law Departments website.

There is a press release, it mentioned that within the forecasted 4 years of hiring, the City expects to hire only those who have scored 97 or above on the exam. You also have to figure in those who do not get the residency credit, (trust me there will be alot), those who fail the drug test, the few who fail the CPAT, and the the toughest one of all "the psychological" screening.

If you went through all of this before like I have you know that alot of people are going to be disqualified because of it. Someone who thinks that they are an "ordinary Joe" will find out that they are not so ordinary. Have faith bro! We will fight together when the time comes. For us to be adversely affected by the ruling and then be slapped in the face because we were not allowed to collect in any of the retro-active pay or benefits is outrageous.
    Jstrongnyc likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    Listen and know this, "THEY" didn't give us anything. Candidates off 6019 like D.Hines, A.Sandy, R. Wax, etc. went to council members doors and literally knocked on all of them to tell them we need a age extension. We sat in in a city wide council meeting on Broadway and Duane street to testify on why they should support an age extension which was voted on and approved. Without our effort nothing would've happened, so nobody "gave" us nothing, we gave all members on 6019 who were gonna be aged out of 2000 the opportunity to test again.
    Next your kinda late in the game to if your just starting to fight for 6019, almost 100 of us were meeting in Bryant Park years ago trying to organize whatever we could ex. talking to lawyers, getting advice from Chief Mannix and merit matters, showing up at the court hearings before the rulings were made, trying to get media coverage, etc.
    I'm not trying to say you can't continue the fight just trying to say alot has been tried and know that it's gonna take more than a half effort and a few months. Just to get the age extension took way more than a few months to make happen. IMO the best the city is going for in the appeal is to not make a payout to minorities and the hiring of 293 who were discriminated against.
    I think anyone who will help the cause is definitely an asset. I, personally did not know about this website and was shipped away to the Middle East. The last thing on my mind was fighting for my exam that got thrown out. I was fighting for my life in a foreign land. Now that I am back I searched and wondered about it and have been searching the web. Stumbling upon this website gave me hope and with my service behind me I was able to get home just in time to sign up and take exam#2000. I did very well on it and anticipate being called, however, I am going to fight for my rightful place. I have the utmost faith that exam# 6019 will be used in some shape or form.

I have been going to NYU's law library, researching grounds for appeal, and whatever else can be done. There is power in numbers, especially when it comes to politics. We will fight the good fight and be more than knowledgeable about what it is we are striving for. Good luck to you! DO NOT GIVE UP!
    FdnytolifeE293 and Jstrongnyc like this.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Default Are criminals given some form of leniency?

Check this out. Tell me what the hell you guys think about it.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/pdf/job...od_conduct.pdf
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    i dont know how people did worse on an easier test. 4xxx on 6019 and 2000 was extremely easy. Definitely sucks, but I just dont get it for those that did so well on 6019.
    I think we should be cohesive on this whole subject. I can say the same about you doing poorly on the last exam. The fact of the matter is we are all in this together! We all need positive reinforcement. I did well on both and will definitely be called for all the initial sh*t, fair is fair and I would have been on the job for 4yrs if it wasn't for the inclusion of exam#6019. I will fight for that!!
    crystyle323 and Jstrongnyc like this.

Forum Member

Default Test 6019

I also took the exam 6019 and I feel that those took this test have been shafted. We are not part of the law suit and we do not get priority in exam 2000. If all applicants of exam 6019 get together pls post it as I will join the movement.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exam#6019 Candidate View Post
    I think we should be cohesive on this whole subject. I can say the same about you doing poorly on the last exam. The fact of the matter is we are all in this together! We all need positive reinforcement. I did well on both and will definitely be called for all the initial sh*t, fair is fair and I would have been on the job for 4yrs if it wasn't for the inclusion of exam#6019. I will fight for that!!
    You could....or you could do what I'm doing, training for the first oc class. I was completely fine with my position on 6019, i was 18 at the time so i couldn't have taken the job anyway, it would have worked out perfectly. Appeal all you want you're wasting your time. Or you could study everyday for the next 4 years for the next test
    Jstrongnyc likes this.

Forum Member

You could....or you could do what I'm doing, training for the first oc class. I was completely fine with my position on 6019, i was 18 at the time so i couldn't have taken the job anyway, it would have worked out perfectly. Appeal all you want you're wasting your time. Or you could study everyday for the next 4 years for the next test
    Studying didn't get you the 99, or the extra 5 points that propelled you to the spot you're in. It was not something one could really study for, other than reading up on strategies for answering the personality questions.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keep6019alive View Post
    I have been in contact with cheif maddox and the 2 lawyers fighting the case. I was informed that after the appeal we all can and should file a class action law suit. I feel like i have been discriminated against and i will not stand for it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with test 6019 and we should either have proirity hiring or be given 5 points on top of our score on 2000 to put those that didnt score well higher and have a chance and those that scored well on the top of the new list. just make sure you all stay in touch on this forum and be ready to make noise when our time comes!!
    Got a call out to DJ, is he the one handling the lawyer and everything that comes with it? I just want all of our t's and i's ready to be dotted. Maybe its time we got together and see how we can be proactive with the whole 6019 appeal.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Studying didn't get you the 99, or the extra 5 points that propelled you to the spot you're in. It was not something one could really study for, other than reading up on strategies for answering the personality questions.
    I know preparing got me my score. Not studying in a traditional way but knowing how to answer personality questions and keeping your mind fresh with basic reading comprehension questions. So yea studying helped me, maybe others didnt study and did well, more power to them, but for something this important i needed to keep my mind fresh and familiar with the type of questions that i would see. Either way I'm sitting good

Forum Member

That's fine for you!! I see the selfishness protruding from your post. Why? It is beyond me. I am doing well for myself currently,homeowner and all. At the time of the last exam I already graduated college and was working on wall st. I am older than you and this would be it for me! I hope you don't go into the psych with that cocky attitude because they will deny you. I been through all of that and could have been a valuable go to person in regards to what to expect next, but the dismissive nature of your post has totally deterred me from wanting to help you. I will be called for the first class that is not the issue. The whole point of this forum was to stay connected and informed and you think that your score = employment you would be sadly mistaken. I have seen it with my own eyes. Not everyone makes it through the CID let alone the psych assessment. Good Luck to you, you have a lot to learn! Try showing some compassion and humility.

Forum Member

I myself have exceeded the age limit and scored a 92% on exam #2000. I personally am employed and doing ok as well. I agree that everyone that took exam #6019 should be either compensated or given priority yet this exam was left out of all. Young or old currently employed or not, we should all get together and fight for our right.

Forum Member

Grok350 = piece of crap

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exam#6019 Candidate View Post
    That's fine for you!! I see the selfishness protruding from your post. Why? It is beyond me. I am doing well for myself currently,homeowner and all. At the time of the last exam I already graduated college and was working on wall st. I am older than you and this would be it for me! I hope you don't go into the psych with that cocky attitude because they will deny you. I been through all of that and could have been a valuable go to person in regards to what to expect next, but the dismissive nature of your post has totally deterred me from wanting to help you. I will be called for the first class that is not the issue. The whole point of this forum was to stay connected and informed and you think that your score = employment you would be sadly mistaken. I have seen it with my own eyes. Not everyone makes it through the CID let alone the psych assessment. Good Luck to you, you have a lot to learn! Try showing some compassion and humility.
    If i can make it through nypd psych this one would be a walk in the park. They hire 1 out of 3 vs. 1 out of 10, perfect background graduated college, keep wishing buddy, see you in the first oc class if you make it there.

Forum Member

If i can make it through nypd psych this one would be a walk in the park. They hire 1 out of 3 vs. 1 out of 10, perfect background graduated college, keep wishing buddy, see you in the first oc class if you make it there.
    I know your type and know it well. You would have gotten "GOT" in the service!! GOD BLESS YOU! BTW..I am not trying to bicker back and forth like a girl. This will be my last post to you. But I will ask for respect,courtesy, and positivity!! If you cannot do that then I really don't think there is a place for you in this forum let alone the prestigious FDNY.

Anyone who would like my assistance please feel free to message me. I work right down the block from FDNY headquarters @ L.I.U. If I can help anyone who would like to go to school or back to school please let me know. Never give in!! I hope to meet everyone one day. When I receive any news in regard to the appeal I will relay the info. Grok350 Do not be intimidated when you see my 6'4" 240 lb self. The type of person I am will not allow me to turn my back on you. But if you continue to talk this reckless banter I will cut you off ASAP.
    Last edited by Exam#6019 Candidate; 10-16-2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason: added more
    bronxman718 and Jstrongnyc like this.

Forum Member

Well the list has been released and a lot of 6019 guys aren't happy. I have been unable to respond to the emails from a bunch of you on an email list of about 230 because of yahoomail, so here I will try reaching out.

I spoke with Chief Mannix last week and he said not to get discouraged, but to think about the possibility of filing suit against the city to get our list reinstated. I have tried to contact our old 6019 gmail account and have been unsuccessful with a response. We need to figure out a course of action and fight together, not on an individual basis. One of the guys on the email list said they tried to contact a lawyer and was told he had no case. Chief Mannix thinks we do and we need to figure out what we need to do, associated costs and the like. He also said it would be dependent of the outcome of the appeal.

WE NEED TO GET ORGANIZED!!! We've all worked hard and waited long for this job and can't give up. Any suggestions, throw them out there and lets go

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    Well the list has been released and a lot of 6019 guys aren't happy. I have been unable to respond to the emails from a bunch of you on an email list of about 230 because of yahoomail, so here I will try reaching out.

I spoke with Chief Mannix last week and he said not to get discouraged, but to think about the possibility of filing suit against the city to get our list reinstated. I have tried to contact our old 6019 gmail account and have been unsuccessful with a response. We need to figure out a course of action and fight together, not on an individual basis. One of the guys on the email list said they tried to contact a lawyer and was told he had no case. Chief Mannix thinks we do and we need to figure out what we need to do, associated costs and the like. He also said it would be dependent of the outcome of the appeal.

WE NEED TO GET ORGANIZED!!! We've all worked hard and waited long for this job and can't give up. Any suggestions, throw them out there and lets go

I am definitely down with getting together i'm willing to file a suit as well or even filing a EEOC suit. Is it some way someone could establish a new account so we can start coming together.

Forum Member

You can count me in
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Count me in....

Forum Member

23 years old in 2007 took exam 6019. Paid $400 for a preparatory class for the fire fighter exam I scored we'll with a 97. My list number was 3696. My dream of becoming a firefighter was getting closer. The Vulcan lawsuit has shattered my dream along with thousands of others. We are in 2012 5 yrs have gone by and I'm 28 years old now. I took exam 2000 and scored a 92 which gave me a list number 20,xxx. I'm furious. I've been robbed and cheated. I am currently in FDNY EMS academy. If and when a promotional exam comes out within the next 2 years I will be 30 years old. FDNY has an age cut off of 29 to be eligible to sit down and take the exam. Yes they raised the age if you were on 6019 to 36 years old to take exam 2000 but that didn't apply to me. I was still robbed of an extension. I am fighting for an age extension. Age is just a number. FDNY is made up of the greatest most qualified individuals. Hwhat should I do? It is my dream to be a firefighter. I will not let my age disqualify me due to a lawsuit and hiring freeze of 5 years????

Forum Member

Why didn't you join EMS sooner? You had years to do so. They've given no indication that they will be doing promotional exams every 2 years, in fact when asked about it @JoinFDNY has said they are only going to be every 4, coupled with the OC. I feel bad for ya man but... it was pretty obvious years ago that 6019 was getting screwed. Also no offense but I think you might be delusional if you think you can fight them over the age limit and win. The best you could hope for is that on future tests they continue to provide the extension for people who took the previous exam, or that that age extension becomes permanent, however that would require action from the city council. As I remember it it felt like a struggle just to get the current extension language into 2000, so again, that seems like an uphill battle.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrongnyc View Post
    I myself have exceeded the age limit and scored a 92% on exam #2000. I personally am employed and doing ok as well. I agree that everyone that took exam #6019 should be either compensated or given priority yet this exam was left out of all. Young or old currently employed or not, we should all get together and fight for our right.
    I myself got a 92% on this exam. I'm list number 20,xxx on 6019 I was 3,xxx I should of been on the job in 2009.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Why didn't you join EMS sooner? You had years to do so. They've given no indication that they will be doing promotional exams every 2 years, in fact when asked about it @JoinFDNY has said they are only going to be every 4, coupled with the OC. I feel bad for ya man but... it was pretty obvious years ago that 6019 was getting screwed. Also no offense but I think you might be delusional if you think you can fight them over the age limit and win. The best you could hope for is that on future tests they continue to provide the extension for people who took the previous exam, or that that age extension becomes permanent, however that would require action from the city council. As I remember it it felt like a struggle just to get the current extension language into 2000, so again, that seems like an uphill battle.

6019 was established in 2008 I was expecting to be hired in 2009 I went for my EMT card in 2010 filed for FDNY in 2011 and I got into the academy in 2012. It doesn't happen that quickly. I was robbed of 5 years. The age extension should continue to 36 years of age for all 6019 candidates. Furthermore 6019 should be reinstated. There was nothing g wrong with that exam.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 6019Victim View Post
    6019 was established in 2008 I was expecting to be hired in 2009 I went for my EMT card in 2010 filed for FDNY in 2011 and I got into the academy in 2012. It doesn't happen that quickly. I was robbed of 5 years. The age extension should continue to 36 years of age for all 6019 candidates. Furthermore 6019 should be reinstated. There was nothing g wrong with that exam.
    Well the political maneuvering that was done to get the 6019 age extension into 2000 should be a guide for what you want to do. And you can think what you want about the lawsuit and everything that has come with it, but don't fool yourself with the thought that that list could somehow be resurrected. It's done and over with.

Forum Member

Where do I start? What should I do? Who should I speak to? What was done for the NOE on exam 2000 regarding the age extension? Also is it a fact it was even only for this one exam? If so how is that fair?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 6019Victim View Post
    Where do I start? What should I do? Who should I speak to? What was done for the NOE on exam 2000 regarding the age extension? Also is it a fact it was even only for this one exam? If so how is that fair?
    People got the ears of one or several city council members and convinced them that there should be a loophole in 2000 to help the many people who took 6019 and had a reasonable chance of getting canvassed, but would now be too old for 2000. I'm pretty sure there is probably information about it on this forum in this thread, or the 2000 thread, or on the fdny rant. Look there for more specifics.

I personally think the age range could be raised, since they have very strict medical/physical standards, however it takes action from the city, and that is no small task.

Thread Information