Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

whats up guys.. I wanted to know if anyone had a similar situation... I called my investigator today to see why I haven't received a letter about the run, as Im in the 300's. She told me my case was still Pending. She wouldnt give me any other info at all, not even when I would find out if my case is complete yet. Its really frustrating, but im guessing there is no chance for me to make the July class? Did anyone have any similar situation..? She told me I had sent everything in, but that its still pending.. Thanks if you guys have any thoughts

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    Any of you guys that are supposed to get a letter still not get it today? Mine did not come yet.
    what is your list number Irish?
    7xx

hey guys.. anyone's investigation still open?

Forum Member

76x.. My investigator told me on monday that my letter should be coming in the next couple days, and that I was scheduled for the run on sat. I don't think that he would have told me that the run was then if I wasn't going to make it. (I don't think I mis interpreted him saying that My run was saturday over the fact that the run is saturday in general.) I guess if nothing comes tomorrow then I'll start making some phone calls and figure this out. Has anyone with a higher number than me received a letter? Also who would you guys reccomend calling if I don't get something tomorrow??

Forum Member

In the letter a lot of us got Re: The Run it says we shall bring sneakers and shorts/ sweats. Does that mean we need to show up in a suit? And I have been told this a thousand times but why stay off the sidewalk?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    76x.. My investigator told me on monday that my letter should be coming in the next couple days, and that I was scheduled for the run on sat. I don't think that he would have told me that the run was then if I wasn't going to make it. (I don't think I mis interpreted him saying that My run was saturday over the fact that the run is saturday in general.) I guess if nothing comes tomorrow then I'll start making some phone calls and figure this out. Has anyone with a higher number than me received a letter? Also who would you guys reccomend calling if I don't get something tomorrow??
    irish, im 74x. maybe there is a chance that it went to 750 but idk. dude get on the horn tomorrow morning, dont wait for the mail. they should have the number of how many they sent out so hopefully they can tell you. good luck bro i hope to see you saturday.
    7xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by premt84 View Post
    In the letter a lot of us got Re: The Run it says we shall bring sneakers and shorts/ sweats. Does that mean we need to show up in a suit? And I have been told this a thousand times but why stay off the sidewalk?

good call. i wonder that too. can anyone explain the sidewalk you stay off of. i didnt get a chance to take the classes at the rock so ive never been there.
    also, can we wear a watch for the run to time ourselves? i know they have pace runners but still, it would help me.
    7xx

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by tnk5667 View Post
    good call. i wonder that too. can anyone explain the sidewalk you stay off of. i didnt get a chance to take the classes at the rock so ive never been there.
    also, can we wear a watch for the run to time ourselves? i know they have pace runners but still, it would help me.
    Usually, when they want you in business attire (suit) they tell you but the word "bring" does make it a valid question. Maybe Skyline or someone else who already did the run might have an answer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tnk5667 View Post
    Stay off all the sidewalks after you pass the front gate except for where you have to, to get into the building(s)
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

Call investigations? I'd really prefer to call someone else, as I've hassled those guys quite a bit already.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    Irish your letter must be in the mail, they reached 817 in this initial batch...
    hopeful, where did you hear that. how did they come up with that number??
    7xx

Forum Member

Default No Suits

NO u don't have to wear a suit saturday gentlemen. If u did it would have stated that in the letter,BELIEVE ME. It just lets u know whats the proper attire for the run according to the whether. Suits MUST be worn for processing on monday though. Don't worry Irish, i believe u will be getting a letter before saturday. If not call them up. No suits on saturday guys. Only do that if ur told to do it. ONLY WHEN SPECIFICALLY TOLD TO DO SO. Has anybody put in a 2 week notice with their current jobs yet, or is it too early to do it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jacobeast2 View Post
    Usually, when they want you in business attire (suit) they tell you but the word "bring" does make it a valid question.
    Just wear what youre going to run in. Its a pretty informal thing. Dont read into the wording, theyre not looking to trick you and make you look silly (thankfully; I need no help in that dept).

I also wanted to run something by you guys, maybe make a suggestion. I recently took my workouts more outside, and Im finding things that Im glad I didnt wait to find out. Things like doing pushups on hot pavement or concrete will wear holes in your hands, which doesnt occur indoors.

If you are still doing 100% of your workouts in the gym, consider taking your activity outside a few days a week. Running, stadium steps, pushups, pullups, chinups, mountainclimbers, and planks are easy to mix up and will leave you gassed in no time. Even though its late in the get-ready process, some thicker calluses on your palms and elbows might come in handy soon.

MembersZone Subscriber

[QUOTE=SkylinePCG;959514]If you are still doing 100% of your workouts in the gym, consider taking your activity outside a few days a week. Running, stadium steps, pushups, pullups, chinups, mountainclimbers, and planks are easy to mix up and will leave you gassed in no time. Even though its late in the get-ready process, some thicker calluses on your palms and elbows might come in handy soon.[/QUOTE

Some of you (especially the military guys) are probably familiar with the fartlek course. Basically, find a known distance (I use the NYC Parks soccer field) and run a lap around at a good pace. Don't kill yourself but don't make it too easy. When you finish the lap, do a set of pushups. Do another lap and do some mountain climbers and so on until you've covered the standard calisthenics. It hurts and is (or was in 1994) a favorite Parris Island D.I. torture tool. It also sound somewhat similar to the FST drills I've been hearing about.

Forum Member

so lets say they reached 817, does that mean that those numbers definetly have a seat in the academy? what about if they dont pass the run does another few letters go out? i still have a bit of time (26##) but iam just curious as to how the whole process works. good luck to everyone

Forum Member

i was wondering the same thing..if you get called for the run do you have a seat for the class locked up?

I passed my step mill retest the other day feels good to get done with the medical

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
    i was wondering the same thing..if you get called for the run do you have a seat for the class locked up?
    If it was up to me...and it's not...I would run about 10% more candidates then I needed for the next class to have the extras to fill in for failures and early exits.

Forum Member

My list number is in the mid 43x's. I live in Queens and have not received anything regarding the run this Saturday.

Has anyone living in Queens and/or around #43x received anything regarding the run?

Forum Member

Default Fdny 6019

Just got my packet to begin processing today 06/11/08

I am list # 18XX

Forum Member

Default ???

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post

I am list # 18XX
    Hey QCFRANK Could you turn on your private message thing. I wanted to ask you a question ....

Forum Member

Default Fdny

JUMMY2TIMES----how do I do that?

It says I have to go down Thiursday, JULY 31st with all my paperwork.

Forum Member

JUMMY2TIMES----how do I do that?

It says I have to go down Thiursday, JULY 31st with all my paperwork.

Never Mind Dude I called my house I got my pack also. I thought my pack got lost. Congrats!

Forum Member

I am list # 18XX
    Wow could that mean they are thinkin Jan 09 could get up into the 2,000's
    thoughts?

Forum Member

Default 6019

JIMMY2TIMES---what is your list #?

Forum Member

JIMMY2TIMES---what is your list #?
    go to quick links and turn on your pvt messages.

Thread Information