Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 500 of 618 FirstFirst ... 400450490497498499500501502503510550600 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 10,000 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Default FDNY Age Extension

We need everyones help to get this age extension passed. I am making a list of all the councilman that support us. There are 51 total in all the 5 boroughs. I personally went to 5 councilman's offices yesterday in Queens and that is the BEST way to contact them.

If we each go to our own councilmans office this can be accomplished easily. I can send anyone who wants a prepared letter with the attached age extension. Just go into your councilmans office and ask for a few minutes of their time and leave the letter with them.

Email 6019AgeExtension@gmail.com or myself at QCFrankC@aol.com for a copy of the letter and age extension. The hard part is already done. All you need to do is go into your local councilmans office with the letter and ask to speak with them. You can also go to nearby councilmans office as well as your own.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by remoray229 View Post
    Hey man, the age extension is a race-neutral issue that anyone with the slightest sense of compassion should be able to get behind and we need all the help we can get right?
    Agreed.

but youre right...kenny would have been all over this. She's a do-nothing racist politician
    Agreed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QueensFFCAND View Post
    just came across a Firefighter job posting up in weschester county

http://www.westchestergov.com/hr/onl...E/OC/62909.htm

Anybody thinking about taking this test?? I'm still considering it. I guess it couldn't hurt.....

Forum Member

Good luck to you guys, horrible situation you are going through.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Anybody thinking about taking this test?? I'm still considering it. I guess it couldn't hurt.....
    yea....wish i didn't have too

Forum Member

Default westchester fire test

Very little movement on the last westchester county firefighter list, I think less then 40 people appointed off the list over the last 3 years, residents of each juristiction are placed on so called "Town List" and that list can and often is exhausted before the county wide list is used. Town Lists are lists of residents who passed the test and are then ranked in score order but only out of the residancs of that town, example you might be number 51 on the entire list, number 1 on the Town List because you got the top score of testing residents. I am sitting on that list with a list number around 60 and have recieved only three canvess letters and no interviews, most positions were filled off of town lists. If you are interested in this test establish residancy in your perfered juristiction and you will almost definatly get hired if you pass.

Forum Member

So basically what you're saying is if I am not planning on moving to Westchester any time soon, save my fifty bucks (which I'm sure will be spent of something dumb)??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrome12211 View Post
    Very little movement on the last westchester county firefighter list, I think less then 40 people appointed off the list over the last 3 years, residents of each juristiction are placed on so called "Town List" and that list can and often is exhausted before the county wide list is used. Town Lists are lists of residents who passed the test and are then ranked in score order but only out of the residancs of that town, example you might be number 51 on the entire list, number 1 on the Town List because you got the top score of testing residents. I am sitting on that list with a list number around 60 and have recieved only three canvess letters and no interviews, most positions were filled off of town lists. If you are interested in this test establish residancy in your perfered juristiction and you will almost definatly get hired if you pass.
    This is such a hard nut, if you move and take the test, you may not be in the position to move for FDNY, if you don't establish residency, there's an even better chance you won't get hired....sometimes it's so bad I hate thinking about the options....

Forum Member

Don't give up hope on westchester if you don't move, many people have been hired non-resident on other tests, but many of the same economic issues are occurring up there as well. I would say stay in nyc, take the test, and hope NYC gets there act together and we never have to worry about the westchester results. Hey at worst it is more practice for the next exam. I was given some advice years ago; "take every test you can, you can always leave a dept if you get a better offer, but you can't ever get hired off a test you never took."

Forum Member

Any word from the comish and/or staff? Do we have a timeline on the appeal? Are we planning another meeting? Or possible rally?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by heFFcan6019 View Post
    Good luck with this buddy!!! Kenny Mitchell would have been all over this situation!
    just received a call from debbie rose's office to tell me they recieved the letter and are passing it on to the councilwoman. i told them to expect to hear from more of us.....so if youre in the district, hit her office up

http://council.nyc.gov/d49/html/members/home.shtml

Forum Member

just received a call from debbie rose's office to tell me they recieved the letter and are passing it on to the councilwoman. i told them to expect to hear from more of us.....so if youre in the district, hit her office up

http://council.nyc.gov/d49/html/members/home.shtml
    When you get a response stating if her office will support the age extension, please dont forget to email that info to 6019AgeExtension@gmail.com

We are keeping track of every council member we get a response from and need to know when anyone gets a response. Also if anyone else wants to join the group and help out send an email to 6019AgeExtension@gmail.com saying you want to be added to the email list. One of the members in charge of the email list has been in communication with the FDNY. We have their full support and things are looking good with the responses from council members. We also have 2 members who have been going around all the boroughs one at a time visiting offices and getting responses from a good amount of them, many saying yes we support the age extension.

Keep sending those letters to your council members, if you sent a letter and havent gotten a response either visit them or call them to follow up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInLimbo View Post
    When you get a response stating if her office will support the age extension, please dont forget to email that info to 6019AgeExtension@gmail.com

We are keeping track of every council member we get a response from and need to know when anyone gets a response. Also if anyone else wants to join the group and help out send an email to 6019AgeExtension@gmail.com saying you want to be added to the email list. One of the members in charge of the email list has been in communication with the FDNY. We have their full support and things are looking good with the responses from council members. We also have 2 members who have been going around all the boroughs one at a time visiting offices and getting responses from a good amount of them, many saying yes we support the age extension.

Keep sending those letters to your council members, if you sent a letter and havent gotten a response either visit them or call them to follow up.
    you got it

Forum Member

Deleting posts and account.
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-19-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Forum Member

Thanks for the reply.... Feels like i have been sitting and waiting for years. I guess this is our new reality. Wait for the court. Wait for the new test. Wait for any news. Wait for age limit results... ANYBODY FEEL THE SAME. This s>>t sucks!!!

Forum Member

^^^ think were all sick of waiting!...thats the hardest part...if word were handed down that we def werent getting on, end of story, i would prob feel better than i do right now!...how much are we supposed to put up with?...noone cares about us though...total **** show!!!

Forum Member

How about the dream that is had 3 to 5 times a week where you are either at the rock or on the job? Only to wake up and after a few seconds realize that it is not in fact real and life indeed sucks again?

I know that every single one of you knows what the hell I'm talkin about.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jjpl925 View Post
    noone cares about us though...total **** show!!!
    I think I've seen more OTJ people actually care about this list than any other.

Forum Member

Originally Posted by jjpl925

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    I think I've seen more OTJ people actually care about this list than any other.

I'll second that. Everyone I talk to who's OTJ says its the topic of conversation everyday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMEN6019 View Post
    Originally Posted by jjpl925

I'll second that. Everyone I talk to who's OTJ says its the topic of conversation everyday.
    I have the FDNY at my job 3 or 4 times a month. They know me by name at this point. They feel for us and want us to keep fighting. Remember this A-HOLEs decision has an impact on them too. I just hope the goes through with the appeal sooner then later.

Thread Information