Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 501 of 618 FirstFirst ... 401451491498499500501502503504511551601 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,020 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

i realize we're pretty much at a dead-end/stand-still with this situation right now (6019) but does anyone know if there's any way for us to get news/updates on what moves, if any, the city might be making towards getting our case appealed??

Forum Member

hahaha...yeah the otj guys "care" because they know its total bs!...i have many friends and family otj...and trust me, theyre not losing sleep over it!...they have all the ot they want!...

ive been reading the forum lately and it seems like all of these people are coming out of the woodwork...wondering whats going on, how can they get updates, what is our next step, what should we do...

where have u guys been the whole time???...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jjpl925 View Post

Hey Pot, Mr. Kettle says you should ask yourself that question.

Says the guy that's been posting here 3 months. So where were you the whole 3 yrs and 10+ months?

Congrats on the 3 month veteran status. Now, continue questioning those newbie posters. Where have they been the past 3 months on here???

Forum Member

i ask again...have they been to the meetings?...the benefits?...are they on the mailing list?...have they been to any court sessions?...do they write to their congressman/woman?...did they run the tunnel to towers race?...

before august i thought we were in a hiring freeze?...yes? no?

if you have done any or all of these things great!...if all u do is simply bitch about your predicament, its getting old!...

i ask again...have they been to the meetings?...the benefits?...are they on the mailing list?...have they been to any court sessions?...do they write to their congressman/woman?...did they run the tunnel to towers race?...

before august i thought we were in a hiring freeze?...yes? no?

if you have done any or all of these things great!...if all u do is simply bitch about your predicament, its getting old!...
    Read the thread or STFU. actually...both. thanks.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

you guys are right...what do i know... dont step up, just keep bitchin to each other on the forum about what should or could be done!...good job guys!...enjoy!

hahaha...yeah the otj guys "care" because they know its total bs!...i have many friends and family otj...and trust me, theyre not losing sleep over it!...they have all the ot they want!...

ive been reading the forum lately and it seems like all of these people are coming out of the woodwork...wondering whats going on, how can they get updates, what is our next step, what should we do...

Where's all this OT you seem to know about? Sure it's around, but it's not being passed out like candy.

As for the guys coming out fo the woodwork; not everyone knows or knew about this forum. Which also means your groups' efforts for more publicity is starting to take shape.

Forum Member

Deleting posts and account.
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-19-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post

As for the guys coming out fo the woodwork; not everyone knows or knew about this forum. Which also means your groups' efforts for more publicity is starting to take shape.
    sorry guys that falls on me, been working a lot of hours, will hop on the facebook messages to people from the eligibles list.....

Forum Member

You have a bad attitude guy. A bad one....

You don't know anything about O/T or how much is out there and knowing people OTJ doesn't mean thing. I had family OTJ and I didn't know ***** till years after I was sworn in.

We talk about this issue DAILY in the firehouse, and where do you think Merit Matters comes from? GUYS ON THE JOB! This is a key issue for us as it pertains to the future of this job. I hope that we have success overturning this disgraceful decision and I can come on this site and read about guys getting letters to report for The Rock.

You and your attitude....that's another story.

Forum Member

Default Age Extension for the next FDNY exam

We need everyones help to get this age extension passed. I am making a list of all the councilman that support us. There are 51 total in all the 5 boroughs. I personally went to 5 councilman's offices last week in Queens and that is the BEST way to contact them.

If we each go to our own councilmans office this can be accomplished easily. I can send anyone who wants a prepared letter with the attached age extension legislation. Just go into your councilmans office and ask for a few minutes of their time and leave the letter with them.

Email 6019AgeExtension@gmail.com or myself at QCFrankC@aol.com for a copy of the letter and age extension. The hard part is already done. All you need to do is go into your local councilmans office with the letter and ask to speak with them. You can also go to nearby councilmans office as well as your own.

You can check to see who your councilman is here http://council.nyc.gov/html/members/members.shtml along with all their contact information. You can also fax your councilman letters to their district office or legislative office
    Last edited by QCFRANKC; 11-07-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Forum Member

i dont live in the city, so it's hard to get stuff done with regards to the age extension, but I just want to thank all you guys who have been making an effort to contact the councilman in each district. I'm sure all the guys on the list agree, you are doing a great job. Thank You!!

Forum Member

Default just a rumor

Yet again, im gonna throw a rumor out there. My brother is a high rank in FDNY and passed on info to me about what may go on in a few months. He told me that in March there will indeed be a class, how big is untold but did drop a few names and from what he says, its pretty solid news for you guys, again do not count on what I say or any other person on the forums but if my brother says so to me, I am pretty convinced it is true news, anything could change from here to then so, just dont give up hope on gettin this job. Keep the Faith guys!

Forum Member

i dont know if this is old news or not but i read on the fdny website that they are building a new fire academy at fort totten. i was just wondering if and how old that news is and if any progress has been made on it?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 19FDNY77 View Post
    Yet again, im gonna throw a rumor out there. My brother is a high rank in FDNY and passed on info to me about what may go on in a few months. He told me that in March there will indeed be a class, how big is untold but did drop a few names and from what he says, its pretty solid news for you guys, again do not count on what I say or any other person on the forums but if my brother says so to me, I am pretty convinced it is true news, anything could change from here to then so, just dont give up hope on gettin this job. Keep the Faith guys!

i wonder which one of the judges "remedies" they would choose? again only a rumor

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    i dont know if this is old news or not but i read on the fdny website that they are building a new fire academy at fort totten. i was just wondering if and how old that news is and if any progress has been made on it?
    This was planned years ago, i believe even over a decade ago. These plans never came to fruition, and they just decided to expand and modernize the rock on randalls island. Many of those buildings are fairly new. Although, the city is building a POLICE academy on fort totten right now.

Forum Member

On another note, I highly suggest you guys go out and pick up a copy of "The Long Run" by FF Matt Long. I'm sure some of you guys have heard about him, he was the FF who was hit by a charter bus during the MTA strike. His story is truly inspiring and a must read for guys in our situation. His story definitely puts our situation, as ****ty as we think it maybe, in perspective. I hope I can only be as strong and have the will to never give up like Matt Long.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    This was planned years ago, i believe even over a decade ago. These plans never came to fruition, and they just decided to expand and modernize the rock on randalls island. Many of those buildings are fairly new. Although, the city is building a POLICE academy on fort totten right now.
    NYPD academy is going to be built in College Point, not Fort Totten...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by squirley View Post
    NYPD academy is going to be built in College Point, not Fort Totten...
    my fault, you are correct sir.

Forum Member

Default Fdny

Are there any candidates from Staten Island on exam 6019? Can you PM me or email me at QCFrankC@aol.com?

Thread Information