Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 504 of 618 FirstFirst ... 4404454494501502503504505506507514554604 ... LastLast
Results 10,061 to 10,080 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by heFFcan6019 View Post
    The same way they're doing the NYPD Exam right now, I would presume. The test is open all month, M-F with several times a day.

While we're on the subject, has anyone else taken the NYPD Exam!?

- I know, I know, it's not the job we WANT... but, you hear from all of the guys "Take every test there is!" ... So I took it - scores automatically.

Without the residency credits and with the "proposed answer key", I scored a 90.58... not as high as I was hoping for... but not too shabby

Anyone else take it?? How'd you score???
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. But they'd prob do it in a smaller window than the always open NYPD exam window...man if only the FDNY went that route, lol.

Forum Member

I spoke to DCAS today and I found out that if you are on the special military list that you have 2 years from the special military date to be hired. After that you are taken off and you can no longer be hired and will have to retake the test again. I asked how is that legal considering not hiring veterans who are in line for employment before or during their military service is against labor law. She said that's just the way it goes and there was nothing she could say about the validity of the list because it's still legally ongoing. I'm going to contact a lawyer on behalf of any veterans on the special military list or just veterans in general and see what can be done or if any organizations can put pressure on the city ie: VFW, American Legion, Amvets, DAV etc. Also my GF got angry and wrote an email to Michael Savage so maybe our cAuse may get some National Airtime lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. The city has stated that they WILL appeal. They cannot appeal until the judge issues his final order and he has NOT done this yet. Only when the process is complete can the city appeal.

There was a merit matters meeting last night. A whopping ONE person decided to show up from the 6019 group. I think you should have been a little better represented.
    With all due respect FDsouthbxNY, I know the city (and bloomy) "said" that, but zero action/posturing has been taken. I can assure you I'm not making things up, my source of that information (nearly verbatim) is extremely well-placed. I won't use names here and I'm afraid hints would quickly give the person away.

I only hope that once the bill comes through to the city on anything ranging from OT to "damage payments" to minority applicants, etc., the city gets its affairs in order and rethinks its lack of proactive legal steps with the quickness. I can see cost to the city being well into the millions.
    Last edited by Waiting4Months; 11-16-2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: typo

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 0311ico View Post
    I spoke to DCAS today and I found out that if you are on the special military list that you have 2 years from the special military date to be hired. After that you are taken off and you can no longer be hired and will have to retake the test again. I asked how is that legal considering not hiring veterans who are in line for employment before or during their military service is against labor law. She said that's just the way it goes and there was nothing she could say about the validity of the list because it's still legally ongoing. I'm going to contact a lawyer on behalf of any veterans on the special military list or just veterans in general and see what can be done or if any organizations can put pressure on the city ie: VFW, American Legion, Amvets, DAV etc. Also my GF got angry and wrote an email to Michael Savage so maybe our cAuse may get some National Airtime lol
    Don't forget IAVA, your Congressman's VA rep (or senator for that matter), and the mayor's office's VA person. Good luck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting4Months View Post
    Don't forget IAVA, your Congressman's VA rep (or senator for that matter), and the mayor's office's VA person. Good luck!
    Thanks for the info. I'm gonna call congressman Peter Kings office tomorrow. I know he's very conservative and pro-vet/police/FD. I'm gonna use my puerto rican-ness see how far I can push lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting4Months View Post
    With all due respect FDsouthbxNY, I know the city (and bloomy) "said" that, but zero action/posturing has been taken. I can assure you I'm not making things up, my source of that information (nearly verbatim) is extremely well-placed. I won't use names here and I'm afraid hints would quickly give the person away.

I only hope that once the bill comes through to the city on anything ranging from OT to "damage payments" to minority applicants, etc., the city gets its affairs in order and rethinks its lack of proactive legal steps with the quickness. I can see cost to the city being well into the millions.
    First of all, I don't need your respect. Neither does anyone else. What they need is facts. This nameless source of yours is completely meaningless. Completely! The city has every intention to appeal. They've said this in the press and they've said this to the attorney associated with Merit Matters. You'd know this if you'd gotten off your *** and attended the meeting last night. It take a very long time to proceed with an appeal. It's a very complex process and every facet of the initial case has to be completed before an appeal can proceed. This has not yet occurred, so the city can do nothing.

Everything is at a standstill until Judge Garaufis offers is final ruling including the damages phase, and that has not yet concluded. I assure you, the city has no intention of accepting a ruling of INTENTIONAL discrimination. They will appeal when the law permits.

Forum Member

Default Another council member supporting age extension

Hey Daniel,

The Council Member is supporting the bill to support an age extension for FDNY candidates. The legislative process can take time so I will keep you notified as progress is made.

Best regards,

Joe Kenton

Constituent Liaison

Council Member Jimmy Van Bramer

Office: (718) 383-9566

Fax: (718) 383-9076

Email: jkenton@council.nyc.gov

Forum Member

Default FDNY age extension for 6019 candidates

earlier today I received a phone call from councilman Mark Weprin's office from district 23 in Queens. Mark Weprin supports the age extension for the FDNY. He will also be responding to my letter in writing as well as his own constituents who wrote to him about the age extension.

We must get a majority of the council members to support the age extention legislation to raise the hiring max age for the next FDNY exam. If you have not yet done so please send a letter with the attached age extension legislation to your councilmans office. We can send you a prepared letter along with a copy of the age extension by emailing 6019AgeExtension@gmail.com or email me at QCFrankC@aol.com.

The absolute best way to contact your councilman is by simply going to their office with the letter. You do not need an appointment. Just walk in and bring the letter with the attached age extension and ask for a few minutes to speak with them. You can do this with your own council members or any other. Notify 6019AgeExtension@gmail.com with any responses you get from NYC council members

Forum Member

I took the walk-in NYPD test and scored a 97.xxx, but have yet to receive my list number. Hopefully in the low hundreds. I feel like it was so easy. Way too easy. If the next FDNY test is like that I swear, 4th graders could be next in line for the job.

I also would just like to put this out there:

Anybody trying to get on the job check out this site:

http://nycfire.net/forums/index.php

Gives up to date reports about incidents in all 5 boroughs, as well as national and international fire news, and there is a wealth of information regarding the Fire Department of New York City. A lot of old-timers post on it regarding the war years of the 60's, 70's, and 80's. So check it out, you won't be disappointed.
    Last edited by bigandy; 11-16-2010 at 10:47 PM.

Forum Member

[QUOTE

Everything is at a standstill until Judge Garaufis offers is final ruling including the damages phase, and that has not yet concluded. I assure you, the city has no intention of accepting a ruling of INTENTIONAL discrimination. They will appeal when the law permits.[/QUOTE]

I can see the judge waiting until there is a new list in place for him to offer his final ruling just so the city won't appeal his ridiculous ruling.

Forum Member

hopefully the age extension will come through for you guys and when we take the next one they ll hire alot off it to make up for down numbers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy View Post
    I took the walk-in NYPD test and scored a 97.xxx, but have yet to receive my list number. Hopefully in the low hundreds. I feel like it was so easy. Way too easy. If the next FDNY test is like that I swear, 4th graders could be next in line for the job.
    Nice job bro. Is that including extra residency/vet points etc?

...Totally agree with you. The test was a joke. It's a real shame that civil service tests for PD & FD have come to this. LITERALLY a 4th grader could take this test!

Forum Member

Yeah I agree it's insane what this country is coming to.

BTW it is w/o any extra points. So right now I'm sitting w/ a royal flush.

Forum Member

Last edited by Waiting4Months; 11-17-2010 at 10:12 PM. Reason: pointlessness

Forum Member

ok hold on....we got a guy on here saying that an appeal is never gonna happen, a guy saying a class is going in in march.....and it all comes from "someone high up" that they know....

...i dont think anyone of you knows anything!!!!!
    ...how could u both be that far off with your "sources"???

Forum Member

Any minorities, veterans, both or anyone for that matter want to push for legal action against the Vulcans? Thinking of speaking with an attorney to see if we have a case. It will look absolutely horrible for the vulcans and the judge if a bunch of veteran minorities and others are suing them for keeping them from employment.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 0311ico View Post
    Any minorities, veterans, both or anyone for that matter want to push for legal action against the Vulcans? Thinking of speaking with an attorney to see if we have a case. It will look absolutely horrible for the vulcans and the judge if a bunch of veteran minorities and others are suing them for keeping them from employment.
    We have no case against the vulcans. As much as we may not like it, the vulcans sued the city and won, yes they really did win, for now. The city also shares the blame in many of us not being hired. About 100 guys know what I'm talking about. My point is neither party is free of guilt.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    We have no case against the vulcans. As much as we may not like it, the vulcans sued the city and won, yes they really did win, for now. The city also shares the blame in many of us not being hired. About 100 guys know what I'm talking about. My point is neither party is free of guilt.
    That sucks. Well I wrote a letter to congressman Peter King about the situation with the special military list. I'm going to his office in person on Friday. I'll see if I can enlighten them on our situation as well. I'll at least try to make some waves. Enough complaints something will happen. The squeaky wheel gets the oil lol

Forum Member

Thumbs down Keep Running?

I just found my letters, (medical, Psych...) its crazy how over two years have gone by. the waiting....

Forum Member

Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-08-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Thread Information