Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 505 of 618 FirstFirst ... 5405455495502503504505506507508515555605 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,100 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jjpl925 View Post
    ok hold on....we got a guy on here saying that an appeal is never gonna happen, a guy saying a class is going in in march.....and it all comes from "someone high up" that they know....

...i dont think anyone of you knows anything!!!!!
    ...how could u both be that far off with your "sources"???
    The city has, thus far, stated that they have every intention to appeal. They have good reason to as well. If the city cannot successfully overturn the intentional descrimination charge, they will be on the hook for 10's of millions in damages to those who "should have been hired". They will also have to hire 293, at a minimum, from the old lists. They do not want to do this, it will open up a tremendous can of worms. The city will appeal, but only when the lower court phase is completed and this judge is really dragging his feet.

As far as a class in March, I hate to say this, but the answer is absolutely not. THE CITY HAS BEEN ENJOINED BY THE COURTS. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HIRE FROM THE CURRENT AND ONLY LIST. Setting the appeal aside, the next class will come from the next test and they haven't even written it yet. They have had sessions for guys on the job to take surveys as to it's content. I could see them trying to fast track the test, but even with that, I'd say a class is 14-18 months off, at a minimum.

There is one bit of silver lining to this terribly large cloud. Today's report that the Mayor will try to close 20 companies at night is a whole lot better than him trying to close them outright. Unlike complete company closure, this scenario does not reduce the number of people the department needs 24hrs a day. Hopefully those of us who are department members, the city council and the public (you guys) will have a 3rd successful year of heading off any service reductions. However, I see a great need for new hires persisting for a long time. This will pressure the city to step up in every way, from appeals to fast tracking the testing process.

Do your best to keep focused. Press for this age limit extension so that you may all test again, then study and press for a fair and equally challenging test. Believe me, for all of you are dedicated and really want this job, a harder test is in your favor!

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    The city has, thus far, stated that they have every intention to appeal. They have good reason to as well. If the city cannot successfully overturn the intentional descrimination charge, they will be on the hook for 10's of millions in damages to those who "should have been hired". They will also have to hire 293, at a minimum, from the old lists. They do not want to do this, it will open up a tremendous can of worms. The city will appeal, but only when the lower court phase is completed and this judge is really dragging his feet.

As far as a class in March, I hate to say this, but the answer is absolutely not. THE CITY HAS BEEN ENJOINED BY THE COURTS. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HIRE FROM THE CURRENT AND ONLY LIST. Setting the appeal aside, the next class will come from the next test and they haven't even written it yet. They have had sessions for guys on the job to take surveys as to it's content. I could see them trying to fast track the test, but even with that, I'd say a class is 14-18 months off, at a minimum.

There is one bit of silver lining to this terribly large cloud. Today's report that the Mayor will try to close 20 companies at night is a whole lot better than him trying to close them outright. Unlike complete company closure, this scenario does not reduce the number of people the department needs 24hrs a day. Hopefully those of us who are department members, the city council and the public (you guys) will have a 3rd successful year of heading off any service reductions. However, I see a great need for new hires persisting for a long time. This will pressure the city to step up in every way, from appeals to fast tracking the testing process.

Do your best to keep focused. Press for this age limit extension so that you may all test again, then study and press for a fair and equally challenging test. Believe me, for all of you are dedicated and really want this job, a harder test is in your favor!
    Yo Bro, unless I missed something in the court documents, the city is in fact allowed to hire, but they have to follow X hiring scheme; all of which involve some sort of quota. The city, suddenly standing on a moral high horse, has chosen not to hire under any sort of a quota.

So it's not that they, can't, they won't.
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    Yo Bro, unless I missed something in the court documents, the city is in fact allowed to hire, but they have to follow X hiring scheme; all of which involve some sort of quota. The city, suddenly standing on a moral high horse, has chosen not to hire under any sort of a quota.

So it's not that they, can't, they won't.
    They wont hire off of a quota because it is ILLEGAL to do so. The city know that if they do, then we( as in 6019) now have leagal recourse and can sue the city. They choose not hire to minimize any further leagal implications. A class action suit will cause them more problems then just dealing with the Vulcans. I dont agree with Mayor Bloomburgh on many of his policies. But I have to say he got this one right. Right now we are at a stand still, theres not much we can do at this time. Just keep pressing the city council memebers. Situations like this is what they are here for. Bombarding city hall, and DCAS with letters for an age extention has worked. Its a very good posibility age extention going to happen. Commishoner Cassano is in great favor of it. We are all waiting for an overnight fix and that is obviously not going to happen. We just have to stay patient.

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    They wont hire off of a quota because it is ILLEGAL to do so. The city know that if they do, then we( as in 6019) now have leagal recourse and can sue the city. They choose not hire to minimize any further leagal implications. A class action suit will cause them more problems then just dealing with the Vulcans. I dont agree with Mayor Bloomburgh on many of his policies. But I have to say he got this one right. Right now we are at a stand still, theres not much we can do at this time. Just keep pressing the city council memebers. Situations like this is what they are here for. Bombarding city hall, and DCAS with letters for an age extention has worked. Its a very good posibility age extention going to happen. Commishoner Cassano is in great favor of it. We are all waiting for an overnight fix and that is obviously not going to happen. We just have to stay patient.
    Right, wrong, or indifferent, the U.S. Eastern District court, backed up by case law, has determined that it is indeed NOT illegal to hire using a quota system, so long as it is temporary, and to correct a specific wrong, which in this case is the disparate impact against minorities on the exam.
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

.....Just venting.....

I think its crazy how we were all going 110mph for the last few years and NOW we have come to a complete STOP!!!

Gotta say its not easy BUT being part of such a great a group of guy/girls has made it worth it.

Thanks too everyone who has fought and continues to fight for our cause....

6019 will never die in our hearts...

Forum Member

Deleting posts and account.
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-19-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Forum Member

Default AGE extension

I got a letter from Councilman Mark Weprin of district 23 in Queens this past saturday. He supports the age extension

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    I got a letter from Councilman Mark Weprin of district 23 in Queens this past saturday. He supports the age extension

Awesome, Frank! I've sent a 2nd letter to Councilman Dromm but have yet to get a reply. I'm going to send another one this week. Damnit...!
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post

I personally think SouthBronx should be ordered to skip the Lt., Capt, Chief, and Deputy Chief Test and just please let the kid be chief of department already. He knows the In's and out of every little thing there is to know. He's sitting in Long Island or upstate loving every moment he has the chance to buff out and enlighten us with his kitchen talk. A) if your on the job, you can't say there isn't a lot of OT or you don't like the OT because the 400 other guys i know on the job are loving it. B)i doubt chief of dept, or any one else that matters in the FD is reveling any inside information to a buff that sits on forums on their own time gossiping about kitchen talk, when again the 400 other people i know on the job don't no sht. C) when some one offers you an apology (god knows why that kid took the time out to type such an apologetic response) you sound like a viral infection, talking as if you've been around the block for years on end.

If you want to help the boys out then help out but stop sounding like such a DB. You've provided a lot of humor in the last few months with your expert posts, but enough is enough Your like the CNN of this forum. What you say sounds good and may have some truth behind it but your starting to play the Im a fireman cool card. You should probably get your a** to the FH its getting late you may want to beat the southern state traffic. And i wish i knew your name and what company you worked in because if the guys in your house saw the BS you posted on this site you would most likely have to become a full time volley.

Keep your posts coming just realize your not a big wig and you know just as much as the next guy which is pretty much nothing. Thanks stay safe.

Forum Member

Default fdny age extension

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Awesome, Frank! I've sent a 2nd letter to Councilman Dromm but have yet to get a reply. I'm going to send another one this week. Damnit...!
    If you have time personally bring your letter to dromm's district office. I would do it myself but it means more if someone that lives in his own district goes in there with a letter and the attached age extension.

I know that I have personally went to Daniel Hallorans office, Peter Koo, Julissa Ferraris, James Gennaro, Mark Weprin & Jimmy Van Bramer. You dont need an appointment. Just walk in with a letter and ask for a few minutes to speak with the councilman and ask if they would support the fdny age extension and let them know that it effects thousands upon thousands of people

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    If you have time personally bring your letter to dromm's district office. I would do it myself but it means more if someone that lives in his own district goes in there with a letter and the attached age extension.

I know that I have personally went to Daniel Hallorans office, Peter Koo, Julissa Ferraris, James Gennaro, Mark Weprin & Jimmy Van Bramer. You dont need an appointment. Just walk in with a letter and ask for a few minutes to speak with the councilman and ask if they would support the fdny age extension and let them know that it effects thousands upon thousands of people
    Hey, Frank. Yea, I wish I could, but it's hard to take off from work. Arg.
    I'll give them a call and see if they work on the weekends.

Btw, I just took the NYPD physical today. Passed but I wasn't thrilled at all. I remember when I passed my CPAT 2 years ago, I was super ecstatic. Damn, what I would give to get on the job...

Forum Member

Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-08-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Hey, Frank. Yea, I wish I could, but it's hard to take off from work. Arg.
    I'll give them a call and see if they work on the weekends.

Btw, I just took the NYPD physical today. Passed but I wasn't thrilled at all. I remember when I passed my CPAT 2 years ago, I was super ecstatic. Damn, what I would give to get on the job...
    Hey My1goal,

Just out of curiosity, which nypd list are you on? I'm on list 8051. I had taken the test awhile back just in case. With the recent events as well as inactivity on the judge's part it seems like this will be dragged on for quite awhile and as much as I hate the thought of it I just might have to be a cop after all. At least for a little while. Congrats on passing the physical as well. Thanks in advance and I hopefully we'll all be meeting at the Rock a lot sooner than we all think.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Hey My1goal,

Just out of curiosity, which nypd list are you on? I'm on list 8051. I had taken the test awhile back just in case. With the recent events as well as inactivity on the judge's part it seems like this will be dragged on for quite awhile and as much as I hate the thought of it I just might have to be a cop after all. At least for a little while. Congrats on passing the physical as well. Thanks in advance and I hopefully we'll all be meeting at the Rock a lot sooner than we all think.

Hey, bro. Mine's 6012. Took it the same year we took our 6019 exam. I'm still praying day and night that we make it to the Rock someday...

Forum Member

too bad the vulcans will never understand what this guy is talking about when it comes to earning something through hard work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p9...ayer_embedded#!

Forum Member

Wink Have and Awful Horrible Terrible ThnkasGiving to Vulcans and Goofus

I hope the Vulcans and Judge Goofus have an awful, horrible, terrible Thanksgiving and wish them nothing but the worst of luck going forward into their bah humbug Xmas season. Just sayin

Forum Member

You didnt hear? Garaufis also put an injunction against celebrating Thanksgiving. Being that the pilgrims exercised racially exclusive methods selecting members for their voyage, and that the "indians" nomadic nature created a disparate impact against those unfit for horse-duty, turkey consumption has been banned within the five boroughs until further notice.

Enjoy your pickled pigs feet and grape drink tomorrow.

(Seriously though, have a good Thanksgiving tomorrow guys)
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Talked to a friend who works in the BX and he said a couple senior guys from his house got called into look at possible test questions for the next test last week. They stated that the test sounds like it is still in development so it will be a while before we see any announcment on it. He also said they have been seeing an increase in OT, due to promotions/retirements. Just passing along what I heard trying to keep the faith for you guys. FYI Fairfield CT just announced a test if anyone is interested.

Forum Member

Remember little brothers and sisters, no matter how long it takes, there will always be a need for you:

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-522254?hpt=Sbin

Forum Member

Default 1013

I was reading the paper tonight at work and came across an article about a yong boy named Aiden Sullivan. Aiden is 4 years old and suffers from condition were the right side of his face dosent develop properly. Just this past week the Sullivan family was holding a fundraiser to help defray the cost of his upcoming surgery in March to reconstruct his ear. They raised about 9,000. But when no one was looking, someone swiped the bag with all the money. Aiden's father is a firefighter in the Bronx. I would like to take up a collection from our members and give to the Sullivans.

Thread Information