Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 506 of 618 FirstFirst ... 6406456496503504505506507508509516556606 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,120 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    Remember little brothers and sisters, no matter how long it takes, there will always be a need for you:

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-522254?hpt=Sbin
    Not if you dont stay retired; I like your Ed Hardy shirt but cmon Lieu, hustle those people out and let us do the dirty work!
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    I was reading the paper tonight at work and came across an article about a yong boy named Aiden Sullivan. Aiden is 4 years old and suffers from condition were the right side of his face dosent develop properly. Just this past week the Sullivan family was holding a fundraiser to help defray the cost of his upcoming surgery in March to reconstruct his ear. They raised about 9,000. But when no one was looking, someone swiped the bag with all the money. Aiden's father is a firefighter in the Bronx. I would like to take up a collection from our members and give to the Sullivans.
    How are you looking to collect? I saw his story on the news the other day but missed the info on how to donate because of the chaos at home with my own kids. Let me know and I'll be glad to do what I can.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrome12211 View Post
    Talked to a friend who works in the BX and he said a couple senior guys from his house got called into look at possible test questions for the next test last week. They stated that the test sounds like it is still in development so it will be a while before we see any announcment on it. He also said they have been seeing an increase in OT, due to promotions/retirements. Just passing along what I heard trying to keep the faith for you guys. FYI Fairfield CT just announced a test if anyone is interested.
    Your info is correct! Groups (of varying seniority, as little as the most recent hires) have taken surveys with respect to prospective content in the next exam. This is apparently an iniciative that is being spear headed by the ®special master®that the court appointed. In theory the information will be used to compile questions for the next exam. Info from involved sources (Atty working for Merit Matters) states that no one really knows how this will eventually play out.

Additionaly, there have been and will be promotions, on going. And, also, retirements will continue as well. (Trouble is, this represents seniority that is sadly leaving the job)

As I said before, the need for firemen continues to grow and hopefully our string of success against departmental downsizing will continue. Clearly no one has a definitive idea of an academy date, but it is out there somewhere down the pipe. Keep working like it was tomorrow.

Forum Member

I hope everyone's had an awesome Thanksgiving weekend.
    I just wish it was a bit longer. Haha.

I was just doing something mindless thinking (if that makes any sense. lol) this morning. If the rumor for a March class is true (big if, I know- especially since it was from 1 post a while back with no followup. oy), then we should be hearing more news/rumor about it in the next couple of months since the judge ordered a 90-day notice prior to a class, right? I know, there's like a 0.000001% chance of this happening, but a man can dream right? Just trying to keep a positive outlook on this dreary Monday.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

i cant wait to see the exam announcement . it will be nice to know that it wont come with any bs. and it will be used, iam gonna kill that test. my hardest part was the memory i think its like that for alot of people. i was happy when it wasnt on la's test. maybe it wont be on the next one.

can use my vet pts even if i used em on 6019 rite? someone told me u can only use them once.hes on the job but not a vet so iam not sure how much he knows about that particular topic. also since iam now a bk resident do i have to apply for resicdent credits or like vet pts are they automatically tacked on to final score.

Forum Member

there was a memory part on the last test. i think it was only 5 questions but it was there. as for the vets points you should get to use them again since they techincally weren't used before. the residency points they'll ask about at the test. you just check the box and then are asked to prove the residency later.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    i cant wait to see the exam announcement . it will be nice to know that it wont come with any bs. and it will be used, iam gonna kill that test. my hardest part was the memory i think its like that for alot of people. i was happy when it wasnt on la's test. maybe it wont be on the next one.

can use my vet pts even if i used em on 6019 rite? someone told me u can only use them once.hes on the job but not a vet so iam not sure how much he knows about that particular topic. also since iam now a bk resident do i have to apply for resicdent credits or like vet pts are they automatically tacked on to final score.
    Of course you can't wait for the next exam announcement, you didn't really have a chance of getting into the next classes. Keep your yearning for another test on the other thread please. And how could you possibly be so confident that the new test will not come with any bs?? Who are you kidding? Our test wasn't even involved in the lawsuit and was the most diverse ever. Do you see where we are sitting now?

Good luck with the next test I'm glad you plan on "killing it" because that's my plan. I'm sure everybody else here who scored better than you on the past one has similar goals, so be prepared for more extremely competitive results. Unless the new test you are hoping for soo bad doesn't really use a merit based grading system. Now how will you feel about killing it, when killing it involves rolling dice.

What is going on with this appeal? Wtf.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7andchange View Post
    there was a memory part on the last test. i think it was only 5 questions but it was there. as for the vets points you should get to use them again since they techincally weren't used before. the residency points they'll ask about at the test. you just check the box and then are asked to prove the residency later.
    FYI for vet points. You can use them on any test and as many tests you want to take. Once you have been appointed to a job, you have until the end of your probation to allow them to stand for another exam. Thats how it was explained to me.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard about them hiring a bunch of guys for sanitation? I heard that they have never been at this low a head count heading into the winter and are ****ting themselves thinking about the snow. Bloomy is afraid that if they don't do a good job with the snow it will blow back on him.

Forum Member

They're hiring 2 groups of 50. One starting in december and the other in january. They called up to list #560 for the group going in december. I'm sitting at #630 so I'm hoping to get in January. I just need 20 guys to fail medicals or not take the job

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SI6019 View Post
    They're hiring 2 groups of 50. One starting in december and the other in january. They called up to list #560 for the group going in december. I'm sitting at #630 so I'm hoping to get in January. I just need 20 guys to fail medicals or not take the job
    i dont know much but id say you have a pretty awesome shot of making it congrats

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SI6019 View Post
    Good luck man i hope you get called. I am sitting in the 11xx area so it doesn't look like i have much of shot but the list is good threw 2014 so eventually i will be called(funny i said that about fire too)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFcand718 View Post
    Good luck man i hope you get called. I am sitting in the 11xx area so it doesn't look like i have much of shot but the list is good threw 2014 so eventually i will be called(funny i said that about fire too)
    are you guys talking fire or police

Forum Member

Apparently there are more people that should be on the special military list than there actually are. If you took the 2043 exam and passed and ended active service than you are ELIGIBLE for employment and you shouldn't get screwed. If you are one of these guys (supposedly 40-50?) contact FDNYVFW@YAHOO.COM or FDNYVFWXO@yahoo.com and give them your story. And don't wait around either get all your stuff together and be a pain in the @ss. I've written letters to Congressman Peter King, the Commissioner of DCAS, and the FDNY Commissioner so far. If you need info or anything just shoot me a PM

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Of course you can't wait for the next exam announcement, you didn't really have a chance of getting into the next classes. Keep your yearning for another test on the other thread please. And how could you possibly be so confident that the new test will not come with any bs?? Who are you kidding? Our test wasn't even involved in the lawsuit and was the most diverse ever. Do you see where we are sitting now?

Good luck with the next test I'm glad you plan on "killing it" because that's my plan. I'm sure everybody else here who scored better than you on the past one has similar goals, so be prepared for more extremely competitive results. Unless the new test you are hoping for soo bad doesn't really use a merit based grading system. Now how will you feel about killing it, when killing it involves rolling dice.

What is going on with this appeal? Wtf.
    your rite, i apologize and really do feel for you guys. its a terrible situation. iam just so anxious to get moving in a direction that i wrote without really thinking it thru.

Forum Member

Good news for anyone who is 29 or over and was basically screwed by the FD not able to hire due to Garafius' decision. Because of our efforts, especially a handful of candidates, an age extension bill was approved by the general council and is likely to be passed extending the age limit from 29 to 36.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    Good news for anyone who is 29 or over and was basically screwed by the FD not able to hire due to Garafius' decision. Because of our efforts, especially a handful of candidates, an age extension bill was approved by the general council and is likely to be passed extending the age limit from 29 to 36.
    good job guys, you should be proud of yourselves.

Do you have any specifics of the bill, will it be for anybody 29 to 36, or just the candidates who previously filed for 6019 who fall within that age group?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    good job guys, you should be proud of yourselves.

Do you have any specifics of the bill, will it be for anybody 29 to 36, or just the candidates who previously filed for 6019 who fall within that age group?

I think unfortunately it is going to be for anyone up to that age, not just us candidates. Apparently they had been thinking about this for some time now. What can you do though. You can't get everything you want, ya know. Obviously.

Oh and nothing is final yet, so don't assume that you're good to go if you're over 29 just yet. It is looking good though it seems.....
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 12-02-2010 at 11:43 PM.

Forum Member

Do any of you guys have a link to the bill? When is it going to be voted on? That really is some great news!
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    Do any of you guys have a link to the bill? When is it going to be voted on? That really is some great news!
    No link yet Sky it just was proposed and accepted by the General Council, i think the ink will be dried on the paper sometime near the end of December. @Longcut, Roadrunner is right about the extension being for everyone, but hey at least it gives us a chance to control our own destiny. Shoutouts to the candidates who showed up in damn near every councilmembers office they could, we all appreciate it, really!!!

Thread Information