Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 507 of 618 FirstFirst ... 7407457497504505506507508509510517557607 ... LastLast
Results 10,121 to 10,140 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Well done with the age extension work. You should be proud of yourselves or thank those who worked hard to get this done.

Forum Member

big win guys ,, congrats

Forum Member

GREAT NEW!!! Just one question, Is this extension going to be for only us candidates who took 6019 or will it be for the general public as well?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QueensFFCAND View Post
    GREAT NEW!!! Just one question, Is this extension going to be for only us candidates who took 6019 or will it be for the general public as well?

Hey, QueensFFCAND, it's for everyone as stated in the last page. At least we'll have another chance to earn back what we have already earned. A BIG Thank You to everyone that was involved in the fight to get the age extension.

On a different note, I just took my psych for the NYPD today. A 1000 nonsense questions- one of which was, "Does fire interest you." I wanted to circle in YES. Of course I'm interested... in putting them out! Oy...
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Thank God! But mainly thanks to everyone who pushed for this and sent out letters!

Forum Member

Please guys, as I said, don't celebrate that yet and don't assume you're good to go for another shot JUST YET. It has not been voted on at this point. Obviously it doesn't seem like anyone would vote against it. But if you haven't learned that obvious things don't mean anything in this city, well than you haven't learned much. Again, it looks good though.....

Forum Member

Default age extension

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    Good news for anyone who is 29 or over and was basically screwed by the FD not able to hire due to Garafius' decision. Because of our efforts, especially a handful of candidates, an age extension bill was approved by the general council and is likely to be passed extending the age limit from 29 to 36.
    did you mean 29 to 35?

Forum Member

Default FDNY age extension

We need everyones help to get this age extension passed. I am making a list of all the councilman that support us. There are 51 total in all the 5 boroughs. I personally went to 6 councilman's offices in Queens and that is the BEST way to contact them. The members have done a fantastic job so far but its not over until the city council members vote on it.

If we each go to our own councilmans office this can be accomplished easily. I can send anyone who wants a prepared letter with the attached age extension legislation. Just go into your councilmans office and ask for a few minutes of their time and leave the letter with them. You do not have to make an appointment with them.

Email 6019AgeExtension@gmail.com or myself at QCFrankC@aol.com for a copy of the letter and the age extension draft. The hard part is already done. All you need to do is go into your local councilmans office with the letter and ask to speak with them. You can also go to nearby councilmans office as well as your own.

You can check to see who your councilman is here http://council.nyc.gov/html/members/members.shtml along with all their contact information. You can also fax your councilman letters to their district office or legislative office

And if you do not have time to go to your councilman's office then please mail a letter to your respective councilman for the district that you live in. All you have to do is print the letter and age extension draft that we send you and mail it. Keep us posted of any and all responses from council members.

Thank you everyone
    Last edited by QCFRANKC; 12-04-2010 at 09:59 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    We need everyones help to get this age extension passed. I am making a list of all the councilman that support us. There are 51 total in all the 5 boroughs. I personally went to 6 councilman's offices in Queens and that is the BEST way to contact them. The members have done a fantastic job so far but its not over until the city council members vote on it.

If we each go to our own councilmans office this can be accomplished easily. I can send anyone who wants a prepared letter with the attached age extension legislation. Just go into your councilmans office and ask for a few minutes of their time and leave the letter with them. You do not have to make an appointment with them.

Email 6019AgeExtension@gmail.com or myself at QCFrankC@aol.com for a copy of the letter and the age extension draft. The hard part is already done. All you need to do is go into your local councilmans office with the letter and ask to speak with them. You can also go to nearby councilmans office as well as your own.

You can check to see who your councilman is here http://council.nyc.gov/html/members/members.shtml along with all their contact information. You can also fax your councilman letters to their district office or legislative office

And if you do not have time to go to your councilman's office then please mail a letter to your respective councilman for the district that you live in. All you have to do is print the letter and age extension draft that we send you and mail it. Keep us posted of any and all responses from council members.

Thank you everyone

QCFrankC, thanks for all your help and please continue to update that list- you are doing a good job with that. HOWEVER, please stop sending out the old letter, it is no longer accurate. There will be a new letter written up and distributed hopefully by Sunday or Monday to send out, and we no longer need a copy of the age extension bill attached to it. A LOT has changed since the meeting with the General Council, and to the 5 candidates who attended, you did a great job! Because of all the changes the old letter is not of any use anymore because its out of date information.

An email will be going out this weekend to everyone on the age extension email list with full details of what is coming up along with the new letter to be sent out. if you wish to join the list send an email to 6019AgeExtension@gmail.com asking to be put on the email list.

We do not have a copy of the bill, but we dont need it, its a short paragraph that simply changes the age limit from 29 to 36. Originally we were told 35 by the general council's office, that is not wrong exactly. What this bill proposes is that you can apply to take the test up until your 36th birthday. So to some people they describe that as the age limit is 35. Sorry for the confusion on that point.

The bill is nowhere near ready to be voted on, it hasn't even been introduced to a committee. Thats all coming up and we will need candidates to attend both the meeting where the bill will be introduced, and the hearing that will happen later on (the hearing is the most important one to attend). We have already been asked to testify at the hearing and we will be putting together a list of candidates who will do that. The hearing date is not set yet, that will happen in early 2011. The upcoming meeting where the bill will be introduced (this will be in a few weeks) will give us a chance to talk to individual council members before the meeting starts so they can learn more about why this bill is so important.

Anyone who wishes to attend either meeting should email 6019AgeExtension@gmail.com
    please make sure you include which meeting you'd like to attend, your name, contact info, age, your list # on 6019, and your race and gender. and if you are a vet include that as well. We want the groups attending to represent the diversity of list 6019. We are going to show our diversity at every one of these meetings because that is our strongest influence on this issue. The city wants to increase diversity, we're going to show them that extending the age limit will do that.

Lastly, yes the age limit will change for everyone, not just 6019. Some candidates will not like this and its understandable. We asked for just 6019, the FDNY said they want it for everyone. fighting the fdny and city council on this or even bringing it up as a concern will just make you look bad. Yes it means there will be more competition on the next exam, but, this is the FDNY. It's only the best fire department in the whole world, so the competition should be fierce. And thats not coming from me, thats pretty much what was said by someone in the FDNY when he was told a few candidates are concerned- they dont want the age extension to be for anyone other than 6019.

Think about it this way, if you have a bad day the day of the written exam, this age limit change will give you one or 2 additional chances to take fdny's exam. No one wants to wait longer to get hired, but now everyone has more chances to do well and get hired. Try to look at the positive side if you are concerned about the age change. And besides 6019 isn't dead, it just has to wait for an appeal, which will happen.
    Last edited by StuckInLimbo; 12-04-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Forum Member

Default Kind of Ironic, Racial profiling

I dont know if anyone has read the paper today, but if any of you have seen the sad story about the livery cab driver getting shot by a Hispanic man you will go on to read that a high official (Hispnic and African Amrican Decsent) has blasted the city for its rule of picking up anyone who enters your cab. He goes on to specifically say that cab drivers should "racially profile" their passengers before picking them up as Blacks and Hispanics account for a much more % of crimes in NY than whites.

Now I am no racist by any means (Well maybe a bit now since this whole Goofus and Vulcans idiotic decision, sorry but that just the way it is I guess) But I think its kind of funny when a racially diverse person finally admits to whats going on in this city for the benefit of its citizens that walk these 5 boroughs, and that these same blacks and hispanics who are driving up crime to an all time high in the city are getting rewarded for showing up late to the 6019 exam, not showing up at all, or are just not on the same playing field as the rest of the group, yet these are the people who scored in the 70's that are getting all the breaks in America, because they some how deserve it. It was just kind of an ironic story that I had to get off my chest as I pounded my head against the stearing wheel wondering why the job of my dreams got taken away from me.

On a side note council member Jimmy Van Bramer gave me a thumbs up on his approval to vote for an age extension, so hey, At least I got that going for me.

Forum Member

Default Fdny

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post

On a side note council member Jimmy Van Bramer gave me a thumbs up on his approval to vote for an age extension, so hey, At least I got that going for me.
    Thank you for posting about the letter from your councilman. Did you happen to get it this past saturday? My co-worker sent a letter on my behalf to the same councilman and he got a response this past saturday. I sent a letter to him but i do not live in his district and I got no reply

Forum Member

Big win for you guys! Hope everything works out well in the future!

Andy

Forum Member

Default Fdny

Can anyone confirm if Speaker of the NYC council Christine Quinn supports the FDNY age extension bill? Has anyone recieved a letter from her

Forum Member

******Bump******

Just bumping up the thread. I just couldn't bear to see our thread get buried.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Default Bloomberg Greed

I just got word that Bloomberg is going to charge $29.95 for anyone calling to get their cat out of their tree.

Is this Motha$*@&(@ Serious?>

Ohh and where is his mighty "Im going to APPEAL this decision"????

Probably got his Tail between his F%cking legs while the Vulcans **** all over our dreams for the betterment of.....""??

For the Betterment of??/...??

Ohh wait a second their law suit isnt even helping any of their fellow minority candidates as they too are getting @#(&%(& in the *(&(& by their own kind.

Sry ... Just had to vent over the last 4 years of my life being the biggest rollercoaster someone will ever go through in their ENTIRE life..

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    I just got word that Bloomberg is going to charge $29.95 for anyone calling to get their cat out of their tree.

Is this Motha$*@&(@ Serious?>

Ohh and where is his mighty "Im going to APPEAL this decision"????

Probably got his Tail between his F%cking legs while the Vulcans **** all over our dreams for the betterment of.....""??

For the Betterment of??/...??

Ohh wait a second their law suit isnt even helping any of their fellow minority candidates as they too are getting @#(&%(& in the *(&(& by their own kind.

Sry ... Just had to vent over the last 4 years of my life being the biggest rollercoaster someone will ever go through in their ENTIRE life..
    I second this.

MembersZone Subscriber

does anyone know when the next FDNY test will be?
    -Firefighting is a lifestyle NOT a career-

Forum Member

has anybody heard anything about an appeal or what is going on? way to quiet lately.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKiefer View Post
    does anyone know when the next FDNY test will be?
    Dude,, honeslty.. I hate you people coming on asking when the next test is...

I will tell you EXACTLY what will happen here as I have seen it and experienced it thru my own eyes the passed 4 years.

The FDNY will give your "new" test late 2011.

They are trying to re-word it somewhow (I have no idea how as it was an easier test than an 8th grade fianl) so that minorities can score better than whites.

BUT....... as Sir Paul Washington stated himself..."Mot minorities have a poorer education than whites"

So that will mean if they make it easier than How will the test scores be different other than making Racially biased questions so blacks and hispanics can score better.

Albert Einstein said it himself- INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The previous tests which have proven to have NO RACIALLY BIASED questions have had the similar results over the years because minorities dont come out for the job.

This however has increased over the last few tests due to MINORITY RECRUITMENT.

Unless there is some HUGE minority outpoor or racially biased Questions against whites...Then the next test will have very similar results than the #6019's "Most Diverse List ever".

Then the Vulcans will scream bloody hell,, like they always do when @#$% doesnt go their way when the results come in..They will play the racecard again trying to "get" something they dont deserve. And we will be in the same Exact @#%@#%^^ Position as WE are right now.

SO you SHOULNDT BE ASKING "WHEN THE NEXT TEST IS"

YOU SHOULD BE ASKING>> WHEN THE #$%^ IS BLOOMBERG GOING TO APPEAL THUS RIDICULIOUS LAW SUIT AND JUDGES ACTIONS REGARDING THE SUIT.

BECAUS EIF HE DOESNT,, THEN IT WILL ALL JUST BE THE SAME VICIOUS CYCLE OVER AGAIN, AND YOU WILL BE IN MY POSITION WONDERIGN HOW YOUR DREAMS HAVE BEEN CRUSHED BY SOME IDIOTIC SOCIAL EXPERIMENT...

MembersZone Subscriber

you might just be the most ignorant person I have seen on these fourms.... and you think it's race is the reason why you havent gotten a job.... well your sadly mistaken. You will never get a job with your racist mindset. "blacks" and hispanics are no less smarter than "whites". There are just more... Caucasions I believe the word you were looking for. and Im not worried... I have Veteran status and EMT plus I'm not too interested in the FDNY, I was just wondering how often they had the test... but as for you good luck with whatever it is your talking about.... you'll be the same ol' fat volly talking about how some "minority" took your spot on the job.. And in reality, you yourself, screwed up and screwed yourself not going the extra mile by not complaining and instead making yourself more marketable... so keep on keepin on man, you wouldn't last a day in the FDNY.
    Last edited by DaveKiefer; 12-13-2010 at 10:05 PM.
    -Firefighting is a lifestyle NOT a career-

Thread Information