Default Residency

If anyone used\tried a sworn statement from a landlord\management company
    to help with residency please PM me, got a quick question

thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by formerbuckeye View Post
    From the City's Website:

Firefighter Appointment & Recruitment Updates

Current Appointment Information ( Exam # 2043 )
    The FDNY is appointing from Firefighter List #2043, which was established on May 5, 2004. To date, we have appointed 2242 eligibles from Firefighter List #2043; 302 eligibles entered the August 5, 2007 class. We reached List #4825.5.

4825.5/2242 = 2.15

I don't know what exactly you are trying to get at here.. You're probably just showing what kind of ratio was held during the last list..

Just an FYI for other people, List 2043 is expired. I know that the FDNY website has not been updated to date.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

how many people do you really think failed the physical after 3 tries??

I think the way most people will get bumped down is the medical (eyes, stairs) or losing points for residency.. Another thing we all saw was people just not showing up who just took the test to take it..Of the 750 or so people you have to think how many of those 750 went to the psyc, medical, and physical

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red2117 View Post
    Igloo I'd call your investigator ASAP. letters for the run went out into high 700s-low 800s (from what guys are saying on here) with most receiving Mon. I'm at #36x and got one-yes I live in Manhattan but I imagine if they mail the letters from Brooklyn it'd take a day to get to you and me both.
    Good luck.
    Thanks Red. I called C.I.D. yesterday afternoon. My packet is under review before the review board (I had an operation when I was 16 years old that raised a flag. I served in the military and had the same problem). From what I was told, the review board will be meeting today (Thursday) to assess the packets that have been marked with flags for whatever reason (Medical, Psychological etc.). I was also told that I was still on track to start the next class pending the review boards assesment. So hopefully those that pass the review will be getting letters for a second run date in the weeks to come before the next class starts.

I didn't contact my investigator directly. I just called (718) 999-FDNY and asked for Candidate Investigations Division. The lady that picked up the phone was very helpful and gave me a full explaination of my status. If anyone is having a hard time getting in touch with their investigators I suggest going that route. There is nothing wrong with the mail in Queens, maybe those of us out here that have yet to receive letters have had our packets marked with flags (for whatever reason) and don't know it. Make the call, find out for yourself, don't assume.

Thanks again Red. Good luck to you and everyone else on the list.

Forum Member

For you guys doing the run now, are they sending you a letter saying to show up for that with a 2nd letter in the envelope saying to show up for processing 6/16 too? I havent heard anything about monday, and its creeping up quickly.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    For you guys doing the run now, are they sending you a letter saying to show up for that with a 2nd letter in the envelope saying to show up for processing 6/16 too? I havent heard anything about monday, and its creeping up quickly.
    yeah-there was one letter about the run, followed by a second, not so much letter but sheet of info saying that if you passed the run you would be presented a letter of appointment and were to show up for processing on Monday 6/16.
    There are also notices around my EMS station saying Ft. Totten will be closed starting Mon. 6/16 for the week for probationary firefighters to pick up their gear
    Last edited by Red2117; 06-12-2008 at 01:37 PM.

Forum Member

What time does it say to show up? In case my neighbors attack poodle takes down the mailman, Im still showing going to be there.

Forum Member

I was curious about this too. Did everyone get two letters? The second one really seems to me like a (conditional upon passing the run, of course) job offer.

Being that it says if we pass the run we are to show up for processing Monday, I get the vibe that anyone who got the letter is in as long as they pass.

So, it's worded incorrectly and only certain numbers will get the Letter of Appointment upon completing the run or, if everyone who went to the run got both letters, perhaps everyone showing up for it will be given a slot and, should they not have enough pass, perhaps there will be another run between now and July 1 to fill any holes.

Just curious what you guys think and if any of you got the letter for the run but not the second one about the LoA and processing on Monday...
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

What time does it say to show up? In case my neighbors attack poodle takes down the mailman, Im still showing going to be there.
    For the run or processing? Run says 7a. No details on the 16th-I imagine that info is given out after the run.

Forum Member

say we do complete run and get the notice for Monday, are we going to need a suit?
    7xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tnk5667 View Post
    say we do complete run and get the notice for Monday, are we going to need a suit?
    Historically-guided, yes.

MembersZone Subscriber

Skyline and all else, be clear that that 2nd letter came in the same envelope as the first and had no report time or anything like that. It's just an info sheet that says you get a LOA if you pass the run. No mention of list numbers or anything else. Take that as you will. But just don't flip looking for anything else in the mail it all came in ONE envelope.

Forum Member

Lightbulb info

Of the 73 eligible ems promotionals who did the run last week, no more than 10 failed. Around 65, give or take a couple will be going in June 30.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tnk5667 View Post
    Yes, you're going to need a suit! Remember to take the tags off.....believe me....guys didn't. HAHA....

Run Hard! STAY OFF THE SIDEWALK. The last word out of your mouth should always be sir or ma'am! It might feel silly or dumb, but just do it. You can't go wrong. What works for you at The Rock works at the firehouse too. You're going to get yelled at no matter what, but it's ALWAYS better to get yelled at for doing something than doing NOTHING. It may not seem like it, but someone is always watching and sizing you up.

Good-luck.........especially with Lt. "Crazy" Pete!

Default Can someone please explain...

the "STAY OFF THE SIDEWALK" comment?

Thanks much...

Forum Member

Default cpat orientation sessions

I just received mail from DCAS telling me that I have been scheduled for 2 orientations for the CPAT.

Are these the 2 practice runs that we get where if we pass one it counts as passing the CPAT? All it says is that during the session is that we will receive hands on familiarity with each task and the actual CPAT apparatus. I figured we would have to get a medical clearance form signed by a physician before we are allowed to take the CPAT.

thanks for any help guys

List# 14**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    I just received mail from DCAS telling me that I have been scheduled for 2 orientations for the CPAT.

Are these the 2 practice runs that we get where if we pass one it counts as passing the CPAT? All it says is that during the session is that we will receive hands on familiarity with each task and the actual CPAT apparatus. I figured we would have to get a medical clearance form signed by a physician before we are allowed to take the CPAT.

thanks for any help guys

List# 14**
    the orientation sessions are just to familiarize yourself with the actual test course. they show you the apparatus, and give you a chance to try them out, but you don't get timed run through the course. i think you need to show up to at least one of them.
    you should get another letter giving you dates for the two "practice" runs and the final test.

Default Can someone please explain...

...the "STAY OFF THE SIDEWALK" comments?

Thanks much...

MembersZone Subscriber

Read the letter I am pretty sure it tells you its an orientation to let you understand and see the course. The 2 trials are after the orientation.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Well for those of you that are keeping up with my little situation, heres the update. As of today still NO letter. The thing must have truly gotten lost in the mail. I spoke to my investigator this morning and he is going to fax me one tomorrow. If you have not gotten a letter and are some where under 817(the only hard number we've heard so far) CALL! It would be pretty crappy to think you didn't make the cut for some reason, only to receive your letter next week sometime due to a postal service error. (or another one somewhere else along the line for that matter.)

Someone please explain the sidewalk thing.

Forum Member

Thumbs up lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post

Someone please explain the sidewalk thing.
    -well finally!..lol..does any1 know if the run is still being paced by a 12 and 13 min. instructor? i would also like clarification about the sidewalk thing, and dont just say "dont walk on it"...give me the reason why i shouldnt...

Forum Member

just dont walk on it if your gonna keep complain then just walk on the sidewalk..you'll show them

Forum Member

I would appreciate a real answer as well. There's far from any need to be a dick here man.

Forum Member

Thumbs down losers..

matty21 "just dont walk on it if your gonna keep complain then just walk on the sidewalk..you'll show them"

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    Quoted for truth
    -i hate sarcastic idiots like both of these guys up top. it was just a simple quest. , if you dont know the answer- stay shut...you'll look smarter that way...besides, looking at your #'s on the list, both of you wont make the july class anyway ;0) ...im laughing the hardest now!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    I would appreciate a real answer as well. There's far from any need to be a dick here man.
    I understand your question Irish but they are going to be telling us a **** ton that isnt going to make a whole lot of sense. We should probally just say **** it, and get into the habbit of not questioning anything and simply saying ROGER THAT after everything that we are told to do. Just my thoughts though.
    7xx

Thread Information