Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 618 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102152552 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

thats a sunday.. ??? I'll find that semi hard to believe.

I don't know if they are splitting up the candidates for this run, but a buddy of mine who is currently an EMS promotional candidate is scheduled for the run on June 5th.

Who knows, they probably split it into a couple of days worth of testing. I doubt that they would run all 300 plus of us.

That would chaotic, but then again, that is how they have been doing it in the academy. We'll have to wait and see.

Forum Member

And I know a few EMT promos going this Saturday. I imagine they'd do the promos 1st to see how many they need to start calling right off the bat from the general list for the run and also to gauge how many they're actually going to lose to fire.

Forum Member

Did they call? Or send out letters to those promos? Also, when one of you hears about your run, let us know if they called or sent letters(or both). I'm anxiously awaiting news.

Forum Member

Just spoke with my investigator and she mentioned that they will also be holding a run on June 14th, FWIW.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Investigator

Hey, am I the only one who isn't in contact with their investigator? I've left a couple messages but so far no call back. I've completed and passed everything and have not been told I was missing paperwork. I guess I'm either good to go or so far up sh** creek they're not even wasting any more time on me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jacobeast2 View Post
    Hey, am I the only one who isn't in contact with their investigator? I've left a couple messages but so far no call back. I've completed and passed everything and have not been told I was missing paperwork. I guess I'm either good to go or so far up sh** creek they're not even wasting any more time on me.
    I'm having a hard time getting ahold of mine too. I'm waiting on confirmation for one final thing but can't seem to touch base with him. It's frustrating-but I figure they have a ton of work on their plate right now, so I'm just one in a stack of files.

Forum Member

Call early in the morning, gents. I have much better luck not talking to voicemail when I call before 11AM than when I call after.

Bug 'em, too. I haven't received a call back whenever I've been told I'd get one; but she's always been extremely helpful when I do get her on the phone. Because of this, personally, I wouldn't count on/trust them to call you. They do have a lot on their plates and it might just be easier for them to just skip to the next person if they need information over taking the time to hunt you down for it.

Besides, it could be something that they'll let slide because they're "waiting" for it. For example, they hadn't received a letter from my current employer because the address my boss is at is different than where I work. I knew that might have caused a delay if she looked at the wrong address; my investigator didn't.

She was probably just waiting to see if maybe my boss was dragging her feet in sending it back to her. I fixed it in 5 minutes by asking what the investigator needed, calling my boss, and having her fax the required info to Metrotech.

Call. Call. Call. Until you get a voice and a verbal confirmation everything looks okay, I'd be leery of playing the "no news is good news" card. I was doing the same and, now, I'm certainly glad I didn't keep doing that.

Good luck, fellas.
    Last edited by SeminoleB; 05-27-2008 at 04:52 PM.
    CableGuy516 likes this.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

Im working on calling my investigator tomorrow. Tried all day today with 3 unanswered messages on her machine. Anybody else having the same trouble? Ill let you guys know what i find out tomorow.

Forum Member

73 names on the dept. order for doing the run. Thats down from 187 on the original 'you passed the written' list. Scheduling is on a few days between this weekend through next week.

At the bottom of the page says something along the lines of 'employment offers will be made after completing the run in under 13 minutes.' I dont know if that means 10 minutes after or 3 weeks after.

The important part for everyone here though is that 73 is the maximum number of possible promos. 73 wont be finishing the run in time. Theres going to be a lot of slots being filled from the outside.

In other news, Ive been hearing all kinds of horror stories lately about what goes on during the academy...

Cant wait.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default info

Great Info SkylinePCG. Well good luck on your run. When you get your date let us know.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Ok so are these dates that you have been talking about just getting little bits of information from your investigator or have you gotten letters or some sort of confirmation. Of course we are all anxious but who has any sort of solid information?

1xx

Forum Member

Default Dept. Orders?

Hey Skyline,
    What dept orders were you looking at regarding the 73 promotionals. I was looking at the dept orders and i didnt see anything mentioning that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by premt84 View Post
    Ok so are these dates that you have been talking about just getting little bits of information from your investigator or have you gotten letters or some sort of confirmation. Of course we are all anxious but who has any sort of solid information?

1xx
    Just got off the phone with my inv. No letters or official calls yet-he said those are going out next week. He said my run would be 6/8-yes I pointed out it was a Sunday, but he said that's how they were spreading them out.

3xx

Forum Member

good luck to all of you who have your runs coming up, be sure to fill the rest of us in on the details afterward!
    6019 / #22--

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Red2117 View Post
    Just got off the phone with my inv. No letters or official calls yet-he said those are going out next week. He said my run would be 6/8-yes I pointed out it was a Sunday, but he said that's how they were spreading them out.

3xx
    Red, not to continually pummel the already long dead horse, but did he happen to mention if just the guys going in to this first class are doing the run now or is it everyone being processed? I hate to keep asking but my co-workers are going to get stuck with a ton of overtime to cover my shift when I leave and I'm trying to give as much of a heads up as I can.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jacobeast2 View Post
    Red, not to continually pummel the already long dead horse, but did he happen to mention if just the guys going in to this first class are doing the run now or is it everyone being processed? I hate to keep asking but my co-workers are going to get stuck with a ton of overtime to cover my shift when I leave and I'm trying to give as much of a heads up as I can.
    He did not. But I have to call him on Monday-so I'll ask.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks anyway, Red.

Forum Member

did your investigator mention if you were recieving letter or call on notification for the run. just curious.

7XX

Forum Member

Default the run

did your investigator mention if we would get a phone call or mail notification for the upcoming run?

Thread Information