Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-08-2011 at 11:43 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FairHiringFDNY View Post
    Stuy,

I am gathering May 2 as a ruling because of document 2281 page 2. Parts 3-6.
    6019 has been ruled on and it seems May 2 will finalize the remedy for the other 2.
    I know-but those dates are just the proposed schedule from the DOJ. I'm sure the City will try to oppose every single one of the DOJs proposals in hopes to at the very least water down the financial impact should they loose on appeal and that could drag out for awhile. Or it might not (I hope). Garaufis will be the ultimate judge of any dates and who the hell knows whats going on in his head.

Forum Member

Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-08-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Forum Member

Stuy,

6019 has been ruled on and it seems May 2 will finalize the remedy for the other 2.

Again, this is my reading of it and the city may completely laugh when told they all need to rule by may 2 as millions is at stake.
    document 2281 page 2 part 2 says the City filed a response to the Vulcans on Feb 25th. Any way of getting ahold of that doc?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by StuyTown6019 View Post
    document 2281 page 2 part 2 says the City filed a response to the Vulcans on Feb 25th. Any way of getting ahold of that doc?
    Sent to all candidates

Forum Member

Sent to all candidates
    Anybody else not seeing the attachment?

Forum Member

Deleting posts and account.
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-19-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Forum Member

Thanks again to everyone involved with keeping us up too date with all the legal documents and information. You guys/girls are keeping our dreams alive

At least it seems we will have a final rulling before the summer begins and hopefully we will all see eachother again at our local appellate court.

Forum Member

does anyone have any idea when they will be voting on the age extension? Last I heard it was maybe by the end of feb. obviously that hasnt happend. Talk has slowed down on it and that has me a bit worried.

Forum Member

Default How long can this really go on for?

I have a neighbor on the job who seems to believe there's no way the city can hold out too much longer without hiring. I'm looking for other opinions from guys on the job. Let's assume no company's close as of july 1. How much longer do you realistically feel the city can hold out with manpower numbers where they are currently and will be in the future?

Forum Member

Default age extension

Quote Originally Posted by profeshffd View Post
    does anyone have any idea when they will be voting on the age extension? Last I heard it was maybe by the end of feb. obviously that hasnt happend. Talk has slowed down on it and that has me a bit worried.
    It will happen. Have you sent a letter to your own councilman yet?

Forum Member

Default FDNY Hiring Age Extension

For anyone asking about the FDNY hiring age extension: All information that is most recent is emailed out to the email list. If you want to be on it send an email to 6019AgeExtension@gmail.com and you will get all updates that way.

We need everyone to send a letter to their respective councilman of their district to gain support in order for the legislation to pass. Email the age extension group at 6019ageExtension@gmail.com. They have a letter prepared that we can each send to our respective councilman to garner support for the age extension. There are 51 NYC council members and so far 28 have signed on as sponsors of the bill.

It means more when a resident of a councilman's district writes a letter. Write to either their district office or the legislative office. The best way is to personally go to their district office in your neighborhood and hand deliver the letter. You do not need to make an appointment. Just walk in and ask to speak to your councilman. If they are not there usually the chief of staff will be there to speak for them. This has worked BEST for me. I have already written to my councilman and he has signed on as a sponsor. Any responses that you receive from councilman should be posted on here and emailed to the age extension group.

To find out who your councilman is go to
    http://council.nyc.gov/html/members/members.shtml

Then request a copy of the already prepared letter from the age extension group and send it to your councilman.

You can view the age extension legislation here:
    http://legistar.council.nyc.gov/Legislation.aspx
    Enter: (int 450) in the search engine and make sure to put 2010 as the year.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    It will happen. Have you sent a letter to your own councilman yet?
    I have not. I live outside the city. I hope this age extension goes through though. Thanks again for everything QC. I dont believe any of my local reps have any connetions to the city reps. but I will keep looking.

Forum Member

Ok, first off I been away for awhile but been checking in here and there and thank you to all for doing all this hard work for the forums. I was just to busy to really get involved and read everything but now I got time again to focus on all this.(Joined the NYPD did the academy and all that and got settled down at my command and in life don't wanna make it like I didn't care I just had to focus on my stuff you know) But anyway I just read the 225.pdf that was sent to us. And It says that 4 groups will be receiving damages and it breaks down the groups, 2 of the groups are already on the job, if I am reading it correctly. So wtf are they involved in the case for? because if they are already on the job what damages should be paid to them?
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorC View Post
    But anyway I just read the 225.pdf that was sent to us. And It says that 4 groups will be receiving damages and it breaks down the groups, 2 of the groups are already on the job, if I am reading it correctly. So wtf are they involved in the case for? because if they are already on the job what damages should be paid to them?
    The DOJ wants any black or hispanic who took the 1999 exam but failed to get hired off that list but later got hired off of the 2003 list or 6019 (think even EMS promos would be included by their language) to get back pay and seniority. Same for any black or hispanic who took the 2003 exam, wasn't hired but got in on 6019.

See page 4 of 2282(1) part 5 a & b.
    Last edited by StuyTown6019; 03-01-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by StuyTown6019 View Post
    The DOJ wants any black or hispanic who took the 1999 exam but failed to get hired off that list but later got hired off of the 2003 list or 6019 (think even EMS promos would be included by their language). Same for any black or hispanic hired off the 2003 list but got in on the 6019.

See page 4 of 2282(1) part 5 a & b.
    sepa tai my damey
    Last edited by LongCut; 03-20-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Forum Member

By Lucas Sullivan, Staff Writer Updated 11:38 AM Thursday, February 17, 2011

DAYTON — The U.S. Department of Justice has rejected the passing scores the city of Dayton recommended after grading nearly 1,100 police recruit exams because they do not meet terms of a lawsuit settlement that require the city to hire more black police and firefighters.

The rejection is a blow to the city’s effort to hire enough police and firefighters to replace dozens of retirees. The decision comes after the city spent more than $600,000 settling terms of the federal discrimination lawsuit, which included overhauling its civil service test and recruiting minorities to take the exam.

The rejection will likely delay the firefighters exam that was scheduled for April 2, city attorney John Danish said.

The DOJ wants the test score, which was graded by civil service on a curve, to be lowered because they weren’t satisfied with the “statistical breakdown” of those that passed, Danish said.
    Feds to Dayton: Lower police recruit passing score

Fewer than 500 people passed the exam on the city’s recommended score, Danish said. There were two written parts to the exam. Test-takers had to answer 57 of 86 questions right on one and 73 of 102 right on the other to pass.

Danish said discussions are not yet jeopardizing the city’s ability to have new cops on the street by 2012. Police Chief Richard Biehl said the department will soon fall to 350 officers, its lowest level since before the 1960s, union officials said. Dayton currently has about 154,000 residents compared to 262,000 in 1960.

The city is losing dozens of firefighters and police officers who eight years ago deferred collecting their pensions and now must retire to collect the money.

This is exactly what will happen with the next exam when they are not satisfied with the number of minorites in the top 4,000.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Wow. Life would be so much easier for me if I was black. I would just be having things handed to me.
    Wow. Tell that to David Cargin or Dion Hines. Fool.

Forum Member

Stuy,

Again, this is my reading of it and the city may completely laugh when told they all need to rule by may 2 as millions is at stake.

Fair,

Was just looking at that document-see parts 28-29 & 32. The DOJ wants Garaufis to rule on the next exams validity as well (assuming The City, DOJ & Vulcans all can't agree). Isn't that how 6019 was brought into all this?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Wow. Life would be so much easier for me if I was black. I would just be having things handed to me.
    I said it before and I'll say it again.... Please think before you post on this forum. You have the full support of the minorities on the 6019 list going through the same struggle you are. But making comments without thinking just because of the way you're feeling at the time can ruin it. The only real struggle you know is your own, because "you" experienced it. Please dont speak on my behalf or any other minority here reading this... THANKS!

Thread Information