Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 547 of 618 FirstFirst ... 47447497537544545546547548549550557597 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,940 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Default Another Rumor....

Just heard they are giving the promotional to EMT's and Paramedics with 300 spots open for them. Anybody have any new or more accurate information?

Forum Member

Now, Without a test? Or from 6019?

Forum Member

Default Another rumor

When I was shopping for dinner tonight I got to talking to an engine co. that was also getting dinner and the boss, an LT. said he heard a filing period end of this year with a test early next year. He also said take it with a grain of salt because he heard the same thing last year this time and that obvi didn't happen. He also mentioned this list and the fact that we are getting screwed and that the guys on the job fully support our fight for the list extension and age extension...it was nice to hear a little support.

Forum Member

What happened to the Rumors of filing being sometime in the summer, why is every one so sure that's not happening, I was still hoping for that.
    I got a return letter from vallone today saying that he is pushing to have the age ext. Hearing In the next few weeks, it was nice of Him to reply and he's the only one who did
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 05-10-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Now, Without a test? Or from 6019?
    I hope its just a rumor but who knows. I was under the impression that you had the two tests together; promotional and open competitive

Forum Member

To be honest, I don't believe any of the rumors I hear. Nothing against you guys, but we've all seen so many rumors end up being nothing. Regardless of what they decide to do with 6019, there's no excuse for them taking this long to come up with a new test that will pass all critiques by The Vulcan's and Garaufis. I hope we find out they've had the test completed and were holding off on making any moves bc of 6019's uncertainty. At least that I can understand.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=BrooklynBorn;1270122]What happened to the Rumors of filing being sometime in the summer, why is every one so sure that's not happening, I was still hoping for that.
    I got a return letter from vallone today saying that he is pushing to have the age ext. Hearing In the next few weeks, it was nice of Him to reply and he's the only one who did[/QUOTE

the way there dragging there feet with this age extension, there should be no rush for a filing period

Forum Member

Well it doesn't look like the age ext is gonna cover people who are not on 6019 so I have to file before I'm 29. It looks like I might get the chance. However I still sent out emails for it and got some back in the past few days.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 05-11-2011 at 10:41 PM.

Forum Member

Well it doesn't look like the age ext is gonna cover people who are not on 6019 so I have to file before I'm 29. It looks like I might get the chance. However I still sent out emails for it and got some back in the past few days. I actually just got an email from confirming what the group email said.
    you may be right. but i disagree , i think that the age extension will be an all or nothing type deal. ive sent letters in support of you guys especially the guys on 6019, i think that if your physically able to do the job your age shouldnt matter (to an extent) i spoke to a 36 year old proby in los angeles last time i was out there.

I think as a bill or law or whatever its just easier to pass making the elibility age applicable for all applicants rather than just those who took 6019, cuz then its another step of proving you took 6019. whatever the case may be i hope u guys get the ruling
    Last edited by myles8683; 05-12-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Forum Member

I actually agree with you, I just worded my message poorly, but the possibility it will not cover everyone has me hoping for the summer date to stick.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 05-11-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Default Rallies to Save firehouses

Lets help ourselves guys!!!!!!!!

FRIDAY MAY 13 @ 1:00 PM @ E-271 LOCATED AT 392 HIMROD STREET, BROOKLYN

MONDAY MAY 16 @ 9:30 AM @ CITYHALL 260 BROADWAY (enter from Murray St. or Park Row)

I know these are inconvenient times, but it'd be great to see some guys out there, remember this is what affects us getting on in both the short, and long term!
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

I actually agree with you, I just worded my message poorly, but the possibility it will not cover everyone has me hoping for the summer date to stick.
    I think we'd be lucky to see a new test by January. Im hoping for, but would be very surprised to see one given this year.

Forum Member

any word on closures? i thought it was gonna come out beginning of may?

Forum Member

The closures are suppose to be announced by May 15th.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY-USCG View Post
    The closures are suppose to be announced by May 15th.
    thanks man, hey were abouts were u stationed in uscg? i did a year on cgc juniper (nonrate) then went to air station borinquen in puerto rico

Forum Member

Yea I was. I did 4 yrs. I was stationed on USCGC Kingfisher out of Jacksonville,FL, and the USCGC Valiant out of Miami Beach, FL. Small world. I joined for the points, but as we see its not going so well.

Forum Member

Yea I was. I did 4 yrs. I was stationed on USCGC Kingfisher out of Jacksonville,FL, and the USCGC Valiant out of Miami Beach, FL. Small world. I joined for the points, but as we see its not going so well.
    yea i dont know anybody from there, i joined cuz i wanted to learn how to clean things, just kidding it was fun i loved the coast guard, iam using my gi bill now its sweet and makes the wait go by cuz iam so busy with school. u should enroll the va takes care if you for real. the post 9-11 gi bill is really amazing.
    Last edited by myles8683; 10-17-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Forum Member

I am enrolled in school. I go to BMCC where I'm doing the Paramedic program. I used my benefits also to pay for my EMT class. It's crazy, I'm in the reserves also. I'm stationed at Station New York. Where are you stationed at?

Forum Member

In order to take the test as an fdny Emt, do you need to be an fdny Emt when you file or when you take the test. I'm curious if I would have time to go the Emt route?

Forum Member

I am enrolled in school. I go to BMCC where I'm doing the Paramedic program. I used my benefits also to pay for my EMT class. It's crazy, I'm in the reserves also. I'm stationed at Station New York. Where are you stationed at?
    iam at ant moriches, i moved to brooklyn but didnt want to transfer cuz i love doing aton work

Thread Information