Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Man, all these rumors are getting confusing...
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Medical

Ok here is a question for you FDNY2b or anyone else who knows. I talked to my investigator the other day and I was told that my investigation was closed. Does this include the medical and Psyc. I passed everything the day of the medical and have heard nothing since. Is there a person I should call to find out to make sure my medical is ok. Only 98 people fully qualified I want to make sure I am one of them.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jacobeast2 View Post
    What's a PM? And how do I turn it on?
    Go to the top of page and look for User CP (Control panel).. Once you get in, you can turn on your PM (Private messages).. It is used to send messages to each other, without the whole forum reading what you are saying to each other.. I just wanted to ask you a few questions that's all.. Later man..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jacobeast2 View Post
    How is that possible? Will they just cancel the class altogether if they can't get enough people qualified by July? If it's only 98, a chunk of that would have to be promo guys. Not very encouraging information, with the exception of possibly having some extra running time.
    I was standing there with a buddy of mine who is on the job and he couldn't believe it either. The feeling we getting is that it would be a miracle for the class to start on the 6/30 target date... To me that is bad news I want to start ASAP like the rest of the guys on here, I was really bummed that they do not seem to be ready to go.

Also, my investigation was just completed last week and I had to get 2 simple extra things that I had to them within 48 hours of when they asked. I had no tickets, no arrests, college grad, same job for last 6 years (and I know my recco's including the one that went to my employer were returned a month ago). So my investigation was as easy as they get and I was just closed last Friday....I can imagine guys who are getting stips and letters from the judge are going to take weeks longer.

For the most part I think the group of guys on here that post are on top of this big time most are not as obsessive as we.
    Last edited by fdny2b; 05-31-2008 at 11:02 PM.
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant195 View Post
    Ok here is a question for you FDNY2b or anyone else who knows. I talked to my investigator the other day and I was told that my investigation was closed. Does this include the medical and Psyc. I passed everything the day of the medical and have heard nothing since. Is there a person I should call to find out to make sure my medical is ok. Only 98 people fully qualified I want to make sure I am one of them.
    I am no expert but I think the investigation being closed is the CID part only. I saw the screen on the computer when he looked me up and one part said "Closed" but the part he was talking about said "qualified".

I know a guy who told me his investigation was closed before he passed his stairs on the second try that his investigator said his case was closed.

Disclaimer: The above is conjecture, this is an opinion and far from fact!
    Last edited by fdny2b; 05-31-2008 at 11:01 PM.
    6019 #47x

MembersZone Subscriber

I dunno man, I think I'm about done driving myself nuts about the whole thing. I'm pretty sure I passed psych. They DEFINITELY call if somethings not right because they want to do an oral interview with you and it's been more than 2 months without a word. Med they tell you on the spot if you're cleared or not. I don't have any horrific background issues and I either had or promptly mailed everything I was told to send. At this point, I'm content to see what happens this week with mailings/phone calls. If I get neither, I'll start calling CID routinely until I can find something out. Until then, I need to chill out this whole thing is enough to make you batty.

Forum Member

Exclamation BS Rumors

hey fellas, first off, can some of you guys please stop posting your hearsay and rumors up here. It is confusing alot off people. One guy says his investigator told him they havent even gotten to the 900's and that 800 something and higher will have to wait for January. While another guy says he heard they are well into the 1000's and only 98 are fully qualified out of 1000? Thats HIGHLY unlikley. Listen gentlemen, they know EXACTLY what they are doing down there. The class will start on time thats for sure and its NOT June 30th. The current class GRADUATES June 30th which is a monday. The paperwork processing and stuff will be during the same week for the next class and it wont officially begin until after the july 4th holiday weekend on July 7th which is the following monday after the current class graduation. If you want a reliable source then speak to Ms.Prather, she is the head investigator and EVERYONE'S approval must go through her so i think she knows what shes talking about. When she called me to straighten some stuff out so my case can be closed, she sounded pretty sure about the info she gave me. People will receive BOTH calls and letters starting next week and the class will start on time. Trust me they have plenty of time to fill this class, theres a whole month left before it starts and its been known that they still call people up during the first week of academy to replace some drop outs so dont worry guys. Everything will go as planned. And they only drop u if u fail the run not the pull ups or sit and push ups. If u fail those u just go to remedial but failing the run is a DQ. Please stop speculating and spreading rumors, cold hard facts is whats wanted on this forum not hearsay. This is way too important to some of us to be misled. And for all those guys who want to defer, thats a bad move. Unless u have a military obligation to go to iraq or afghan, ur behind needs to take whatever they offer u. You can finish school later, this is a CAREER not some job. Ok, i guess i got all my frustrations out, contact Ms.Prather or ur investigator. Let them know u want this job. If they ask for some paperwork u need to go out ur way and get it to them asap even if it means leaving work for an hour or whatever. Show them u have a passion for this job. Thats what i did and i got in. Im gonna destroy that run to the best of my abilities and will graduate on time in December as a N.Y.C Firefighter. And so will YOU.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdny2b View Post
    I was standing there with a buddy of mine who is on the job and he couldn't believe it either. The feeling we getting is that it would be a miracle for the class to start on the 6/30 target date...
    But it will.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    But it will.
    He's right. They've set up for these academies a once or twice in the past, no?

We've just gotta stay focused and be ready, guys. Before we know it, we'll all be out there getting yelled at, eating pavement, and wishing we were dead, but realizing that we're working toward the greatest job on the planet.

Good luck guys. Keep your heads up and we'll be out there soon.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

Exclamation

Stop Worrying Fellas. The Academy Will Start On Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These Guys Have Been Doing This For Decades, This Isnt The First Time They Are Putting A Class Through The Academy. Come On Now, Im Pretty Sure They've Seen And Heard It All. Everything Will Go As Planned And The Class Will Start On Time I Can Gaurantee You Guys That. If U Dont Believe Me Then Call Investigations And Ask To Speak To Ms. Prather, She'll Set U Straight. All U Need To Worry About Is Passing That Run. If U Dont Get A Call Or Letter By June 30th Then Just Focus On January 09

Forum Member

We are all anxious. We all know someone here and there that "knows more' then you and I. Does anyone have anything concert?

Forum Member

is anybody else having a real hard time getting intouch with their investigator?

Forum Member

this is my first time on this forum, so please forgive me if I am repeating a question.
    im list number #20** for test 6019. I tried calling DCAS to find out when they would start investgating but all I get are automated things. Does anyone know a number I could call to get a real person? I just want to know how soon things were coming up because I still currently live in Chicago and wanted to know when I should plan on moving to NYC. thanks again, and sorry if this question is in the wrong forum or if this is a repeated question people ask.
    stay safe.

Forum Member

Oh and yes I am also on the Chicago waiting list from 06. but I love both cities so I tested in both. if anyone was wondering. I was just told to test as much as I could.

Forum Member

Default anxiety

call early, i haven't had a problem calling at 8:30ish.

Forum Member

Default Residency

Hey guys,

First of all congrats to the upcoming class. Great work!

I just wanted to see how intense the investigators are when proving residency. Did you have to show documents for each of the 12 months, or rather an original lease and a bill or two. I am hearing conflicting answers.

thanks for the help

-------

33xx

Forum Member

TNK:

Just realize that it is crunch time for the investigators at CID. They are very busy trying to get cases closed to fill up this upcoming class.

Good luck getting through.. Make sure you have all your questions written down, so that when you do get through to your investigator, you can ask them all at once and not have to continue calling..

Forum Member

Default investigation case

My investigator said my case was closed. what is the dif between having a closed case and a qualified case? What do investigators do after your case is closed? Ive finished all of the steps and my investigator has all my material... when are the letters coming?

Forum Member

Just to clarify:

What I posted came out of the mouth of an investigator I know his name but I will not divulge it publicly. I did not post an opinion I merely posted what was told to me directly.

I guess it is possible that the investigator was feeding me poop but why on earth would he do that?

I am just going to keep stuff quite from here on out and remember that the qualification run is somthing that has never been done before prior to the academy.
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

They are doing the run before the academy because they are tired of hiring guys and then when they get down to the rock they cant pass the run. They learned from the previous classes so now they are adapting to the changes. Them moving the run up a few days is not gonna hurt or mess stuff up so much that the class doesnt start on time. They used to have 4 classes per year and pushed them through with no problem so they shouldnt have a problem doing it with 2 classes per year. The only thing i see that may take a little longer is the fact that they are trying to put together the right group of people so the graduation rate is high and the numbers look good for certain groups and politicians that wanna see change.

Thread Information