Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 572 of 618 FirstFirst ... 72472522562569570571572573574575582 ... LastLast
Results 11,421 to 11,440 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Without getting into a debate about something unrelated to your situation:
    It comes down to proving guilt beyond reasonable doubt.
    It is one of your rights given by The United States' Constitution.
    For some reason, it was not proven in this case.

You are being failed by one imbecilic judge.
    Not by a jury of your peers.

Forum Member

Default pd

Hey, guys. Just wanted to let y'all know that I'm swearing in for the pd tomorrow. I've thought long and hard, and I've come to a conclusion that it'd be better to lock in the pension now and get my time started. I'm just looking at the big picture, and the goal of becoming a part of FDNY will be THE driving factor for me. If anyone else is going in tomorrow, please let me know (only the ones that are still passionate about the FDNY).
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by my1goal View Post
    hey, guys. Just wanted to let y'all know that i'm swearing in for the pd tomorrow. I've thought long and hard, and i've come to a conclusion that it'd be better to lock in the pension now and get my time started. I'm just looking at the big picture, and the goal of becoming a part of fdny will be the driving factor for me. If anyone else is going in tomorrow, please let me know (only the ones that are still passionate about the fdny).
    best of luck pal!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Hey, guys. Just wanted to let y'all know that I'm swearing in for the pd tomorrow. I've thought long and hard, and I've come to a conclusion that it'd be better to lock in the pension now and get my time started. I'm just looking at the big picture, and the goal of becoming a part of FDNY will be THE driving factor for me. If anyone else is going in tomorrow, please let me know (only the ones that are still passionate about the FDNY).
    Good luck bro. I just started my investigation process for the pd this weekend. I've got the same mindset as you. PD will only be a pit stop on the road into the FDNY. Again best of luck and hopefully we'll be at the Rock sooner than we think.

Forum Member

Default pd

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Good luck bro. I just started my investigation process for the pd this weekend. I've got the same mindset as you. PD will only be a pit stop on the road into the FDNY. Again best of luck and hopefully we'll be at the Rock sooner than we think.

Thanks Remoray and sffdny. It was a grueling day today, and I kept having to remind myself that I'm doing this for the FDNY and the Rock. I really don't know how I'll do at the academy since my heart and soul's at Randall's and not Manhattan. Well, let's keep hoping this sorry excuse for a judge renders his final verdict soon. Gotta keep believing that good things happen to good people...!
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

tentative exam schedule for the next year put out, nothing on here about the FDNY exam though. At least not yet.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/em...schedule.shtml

My1Goal, best of luck to you. Stay safe.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    tentative exam schedule for the next year put out, nothing on here about the FDNY exam though. At least not yet.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/em...schedule.shtml

My1Goal, best of luck to you. Stay safe.
    that is wierd but i think that the city has intentions of a filing period this year maybe even this month (according to that thing that claimed the vulcans pushed the date back)we should all be sighned up by now it said july 6th.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    that is wierd but i think that the city has intentions of a filing period this year maybe even this month (according to that thing that claimed the vulcans pushed the date back)we should all be sighned up by now it said july 6th.
    Ya, to be honest I doubt the exam not showing up on the list means much, but it would have been nice. The site says the list is tentative and subject to changes I'd still go with the court docs we read saying the exam announcement will come on 7/13.

Forum Member

Did the court docs say that they will announce when the filing starts on the 13th?or that they intend for the filing to start on the 13th?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 07-07-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Stop the Dept of Social Justice. NOBAMA

Forget about the test the results will be the same no matter what they test

you on. Lets pray and hope for all the candidates on #6019 who got shafted

that the city files an emergency appeal and resumes rank order hiring off the

only legit list. Pray for and support rank order hiring off #6019. Stay safe.

Forum Member

I plan on taking the corrections test as a back up plan or just for the hell of it. Does any one know if there is a study guide anywhere like the one the PD offers?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 07-07-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I plan on taking the corrections test as a back up plan or just for the hell of it. Does any one know if there is a study guide anywhere like the one the PD offers?
    thats a good idea, i plan on enrolling at suny maritime if nothing happens in another year. I still believe the right thing will happen sooner rather than later. This can only go on so long. this has been a very real gut check for many of us though. when i was a kid at birthday parties, I never thought i would end up doing the "limbo" for this long. i mean, it's a great dance and all, but it's startin' to get a little worn out. our time will come.

Forum Member

Hey all.. I've recently realized I'd like nothing more than to be a firefighter for the FDNY and am excited to take the upcoming test.

However, I've read through quite a bit of this thread and it's very disheartening to realize how many people were probably hopefuls like me once, pouring their hearts into it... only to have these issues occur.

I hope they are able to hire more of you from the 6019 list.

Forum Member

Default fdny

How much was the need for manpower in the FDNY decreased when the department recently lost the 5th man?

Forum Member

I really hope something start's to happen soon, this is so depressing. Im just thinking about having to do everything over again and hoping I still get a good enough score to even get to where I was.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Stop the Dept of Social Justice. NOBAMA

Just reading the latest court doc's on the vulcans complaining about the cost

of the next test, which will have the same results as all the previous tests.

Again all the candidates on list #6019 should request a waiver of the fee for the

next test. Remember all the monies paid for eye surgery and other out of

pocket costs. Support rank order hiring off list #6019. Stay safe.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    How much was the need for manpower in the FDNY decreased when the department recently lost the 5th man?
    about 64 guys per tour. We were still short 250+ on July 4th.

Forum Member

I really hope they waver the fee
    Last edited by BattleOfNY; 07-09-2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: misinformation

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BTown View Post
    Just reading the latest court doc's on the vulcans complaining about the cost

of the next test, which will have the same results as all the previous tests.

Again all the candidates on list #6019 should request a waiver of the fee for the

next test. Remember all the monies paid for eye surgery and other out of

pocket costs. Support rank order hiring off list #6019. Stay safe.
    How could we request a waiver or the fee?
    List 14XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    about 64 guys per tour. We were still short 250+ on July 4th.
    They are only down 250 in total headcount of the dept? I thought it was more a while ago?

Thread Information