Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 574 of 618 FirstFirst ... 74474524564571572573574575576577584 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,480 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I hope their 3 forms of ID are a little more difficult to fake than a Sports Illustrated subscription.

I am also still wondering if they mean from before the test (i.e. now) or for a selected period right after the test, like last time.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperFire1775 View Post
    Does anyone know if they offer a rescheduled exam date for military personnel that will be in Afghanistan during the actual test? Thanks.
    Call the Dept of Citywide Administration and ask them. You might be able to file for the test and take one either there, proctored by a SNCO of Officer....but maybe not.

Basically, call DCAS, and if you feel the person you are speaking too sounds like a moron...you're probably right and ask for someone else.
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I am also still wondering if they mean from before the test (i.e. now) or for a selected period right after the test, like last time.
    ya, the article was not very descriptive on that aspect, yet they knew the # of the exam, which i found odd.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
    Call the Dept of Citywide Administration and ask them. You might be able to file for the test and take one either there, proctored by a SNCO of Officer....but maybe not.

Basically, call DCAS, and if you feel the person you are speaking too sounds like a moron...you're probably right and ask for someone else.

Thanks brotha.

Forum Member

just called the FDNY hotline (718999FDNY) and they said that day... ISNT today... cant say im surprised but definitely disappointed.

heres to another day gentlemen and ladies

EDIT: lady told me to call back next week

Forum Member

iam not surprised either. but whats all that with the new "now hiring" banner on the website?

Forum Member

Maybe they are fixing it for the filing.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 07-13-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    iam not surprised either. but whats all that with the new "now hiring" banner on the website?
    I thought the website looked different. For the hell of it I called 311, all the woman could tell me was they were expecting the filing to open soon.

Forum Member

The cheif has an add on the whole back page that is the same look and message of the banner.

Forum Member

Default fd exam

at least it doesnt say undetermined anymore on the FDNY website for the upcoming exam date

Forum Member

The city began putting stickers on the cab doors of most rigs. They read "FDNY Great Jobs Great benefits." They're gonna be advertising the hell out of this exam.

Forum Member

Just a question? If I live in New Jersey can I take the FDNY exam or do I have to live in one of the 5 boroughs?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eyebrowike View Post
    Just a question? If I live in New Jersey can I take the FDNY exam or do I have to live in one of the 5 boroughs?

The FDNY website states that you need not live in NYC, or the 5 surrounding counties (putnum, orange,westchester,sussex,rock land) to test, but you must be a resident at time of "appointment"...I am assuming that "appointment" means prior to the start of the academy.

Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmSzgvaJCn0

intriguing stance on a very controversial topic

Forum Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but "appointment" is once sworn in ie; first day of academy.

Forum Member

I would asume so..being that you are going to work for the FDNY all be it in a training environment, NYC will be paying you..

Forum Member

Just reading the latest court documents. Is this judge going to continue to strong-arm the city into doing things his way or the highway? From start to finish this case has been one sided, and no matter what the city tries to do they just keep getting screwed every time. All arguments the city has made for their case have just been brushed aside and dismissed by this liberal, opportunist judge. Why even waste peoples time if you will side with the vulcans every chance you get. Things aren't looking good fellas, seems like nobody has our back.

Forum Member

Just got the email that was sent out. So now the judge is gonna mandate a optional question because if we refuse to answer it, that would screw up the demographic data. I feel like just walking up to this judge and just letting him kick me in the nuts and call it a day.

keep running that video is great.
    Last edited by AnchorC; 07-14-2011 at 03:34 AM.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

"Accordingly, the City shall require all applicants for Exams 2000 and 2500 to choose one
    of the race/ethnicity options, and to choose one of the gender options. The applications shall
    include a statement requiring applicants to pick the single option that best describes how they identify themselves, and shall state that the information is being collected solely to evaluate the Cityís compliance with applicable law. The statement shall also state that the demographic information will not be used in determining who is hired for the job.

SO ORDERED."

Watch when the results of this exam are the same as 6019, and a quota system is put into effect, how fast they will use this demographic information to rearrange the list and hire accordingly. Don't be fooled gentlemen.

Checking the DCAS website, do you think the $54 filing fee for the walk-in Corrections exam will deter many of the minorities who seem to gravitate toward that career. Maybe now is our chance to level the playing field in that Department?

Forum Member

Can some one post the email? For whatever reason I never stay on the list.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 07-14-2011 at 06:11 AM.

Thread Information