Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 576 of 618 FirstFirst ... 76476526566573574575576577578579586 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,520 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

WHEN TO APPLY: July 15, 2011 through September 15, 2011

APPLICATION FEE: $30.00 if you submit a paper application and/or pay by money order
    $25.00 if you pay online by credit card, bank card or debit card
    CANDIDATES WHO DEMONSTRATE THAT THEY ARE
    UNEMPLOYED OR RECEIVING PUBLIC ASSISTANCE
    ARE ENTITLED TO A WAIVER OF THE APPLICATION FEE.

TEST DATES: You will be scheduled to take a computer-based test on a date between
    January 3, 2012 and February 3, 2012. You will have one opportunity
    to reschedule your test date to another date within this time period.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post
    Filing for Exam 2000 has officially begun:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/co...nt_index.shtml

Good luck everybody
    You're my hero. I don't know if its my computer or the time but the page to register online wont load right now.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 07-15-2011 at 12:52 AM.

Forum Member

There you have it:

Use of the exam in hiring is subject to approval by the Court in United States v. City of New York, 07-cv2067. The Court will decide whether to approve the exam following its administration to the applicants.

This examination process is being conducted under the supervision of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York and is subject to that Court’s approval as a result of litigation captioned United States and The Vulcan Society, et al. v. City of New York, 07 CV 2067.

Solidifies the reasoning to not give them data that will be held against us.

Forum Member

I was just able to File but it took me a little while.....There might be 1000 or so night-owl 6019 Candidates all trying to apply at the same time.

Forum Member

Forum Member

That link worked for me.

Try this one:

https://a856-eeexams.nyc.gov/OLEE/oa...FYeUKhhw%3d%3d

This brings me to the NOE. If it doesn't work your computer might be screwed up. In which case, call the Judge and let him know the website it bias towards people with bad computers.
    Last edited by Bellestoria; 07-15-2011 at 01:17 AM. Reason: typo

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post
    That link worked for me.

Try this one:

https://a856-eeexams.nyc.gov/OLEE/oa...FYeUKhhw%3d%3d

This brings me to the NOE. If it doesn't work your computer might be screwed up. In which case, call the Judge and let him know the website it bias towards people with bad computers.
    Thanks I got it, I am officially filed. you are my hero.

I ended up having to click white, this judge is sneaky, he knows that I was so close to the cutoff that I would have admitted to anything. Seriously thou, that was a sneaky foolproof way of making one click a race.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 07-15-2011 at 01:28 AM.

KTF
    Forum Member

All signed up! Been waiting a while for the opportunity. So is the 6019 list going to expire?

Forum Member

Have applied. It will pretty much be a practice test though since I wont qualify for either credit. You guys do me a favor and score poorly? Like, 5000 list numbers poorly? Thanks

Forum Member

Just got home, showered, and ate because of you-know-what. Oi. Anywho, thanks for the heads up fellas. Let's see how this test turns out. And let's also see how this utterly ludicrous lawsuit turns out. I still have hope for the 6019.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii44 View Post
    All signed up! Been waiting a while for the opportunity. So is the 6019 list going to expire?
    It's due to expire next year, but we'll see how this mind-boggling lawsuit ends.
    Last edited by My1Goal; 07-15-2011 at 03:01 AM.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

just filed..been waiting a LONG time for this

double and triple checked all my info lol
    january can't get here soon enough

Forum Member

I've got to run to work in a few, so I am gonna apply later on today. I don't wanna rush through it and screw anything up lol. But I just logged on to see if you guys noticed the residency requirement. I'll bold something pretty damn important that a couple of you may have overlooked in there:

NEW YORK CITY RESIDENCY CREDIT: Points equivalent to five percent of the maximum possible final exam score will be added to the final exam score of those candidates who qualify for the New York City Residency Credit. To be eligible for the residency credit, a candidate must achieve a passing score on the examination, and must produce proof, as listed below, of the candidate’s continuous residency in New York City from July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011. Candidates interested in seeking the residency credit must apply by following the instructions which will be provided on the date of the computer-based test. Merely supplying a New York City address on the application form for this examination does not serve as a request for the residency credit. Requests for residency credit must be received by DCAS before the eligible list is established.
    Eligibilityfortheresidencycred itwillbeinvestigatedandverifie dbytheFireDepartmentofNewYork. Inability to produce the required verification of residency documents for the continuous period of residency will result in the forfeiture of the New York City Residency Credit and an adjustment in the final score. Under no circumstances shall a Post Office (P.O. Box) address be accepted as proof of residency. As in the case of any intentional misrepresentation of a material fact on an employment application, candidates who claim New York City Residency Credit and who are determined to have intentionally misrepresented facts concerning New York City residency shall be terminated if they have already been appointed and/or disqualified and their names shall be removed from the eligible list, and they may be subject to criminal sanctions.
    Candidates applying for New York City Residency Credit must provide any three of the following:

• Mortgage in the candidate’s name valid during the 12-month period between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2011
    • Cable bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Telephone bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Gas, electric or water utility bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Checking or savings account statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 • Credit card statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 and
    • W-2 form(s) from the candidate’s employer for the 2010 and 2011 tax years.

Candidates aged 21 or younger have the option of submitting three of the proofs listed above or, as an alternative, candidates who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of their application to take the exam may provide:

(a) A diploma from a New York City Public High School; or (b) A transcript from a private high school in New York City showing a New York City address for the candidate; or (c) A GED certificate issued from a New York City institution during the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 to a candidate who presents evidence that his last school enrollment was in a New York City Public High School -AND- one additional proof of residency, from the list above.

The Fire Department of New York reserves the right to accept other documents in lieu of the above, under special circumstances which validate various living arrangements as determined by the Department and approved by the Department of Citywide Administrative Services.

Forum Member

Also, I noticed that it doesn't mention CPAT for the physical test. It says "Physical Ability Test". I wonder if they are possibly going back to something closer to the old style? I mean, the Vulcans have indeed stated that it should be more focused on the physical aspects when it comes to testing. I guess we'll see...

THE PHYSICAL ABILITY TEST: The physical ability test consists of a series of events designed to assess the ability to perform the physical aspects of the job of a Firefighter. A more detailed description of the physical ability test will be distributed to candidates before they are scheduled for the physical ability test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I've got to run to work in a few, so I am gonna apply later on today. I don't wanna rush through it and screw anything up lol. But I just logged on to see if you guys noticed the residency requirement. I'll bold something pretty damn important that a couple of you may have overlooked in there:

NEW YORK CITY RESIDENCY CREDIT: Points equivalent to five percent of the maximum possible final exam score will be added to the final exam score of those candidates who qualify for the New York City Residency Credit. To be eligible for the residency credit, a candidate must achieve a passing score on the examination, and must produce proof, as listed below, of the candidate’s continuous residency in New York City from July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011. Candidates interested in seeking the residency credit must apply by following the instructions which will be provided on the date of the computer-based test. Merely supplying a New York City address on the application form for this examination does not serve as a request for the residency credit. Requests for residency credit must be received by DCAS before the eligible list is established.
    Eligibilityfortheresidencycred itwillbeinvestigatedandverifie dbytheFireDepartmentofNewYork. Inability to produce the required verification of residency documents for the continuous period of residency will result in the forfeiture of the New York City Residency Credit and an adjustment in the final score. Under no circumstances shall a Post Office (P.O. Box) address be accepted as proof of residency. As in the case of any intentional misrepresentation of a material fact on an employment application, candidates who claim New York City Residency Credit and who are determined to have intentionally misrepresented facts concerning New York City residency shall be terminated if they have already been appointed and/or disqualified and their names shall be removed from the eligible list, and they may be subject to criminal sanctions.
    Candidates applying for New York City Residency Credit must provide any three of the following:

• Mortgage in the candidate’s name valid during the 12-month period between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2011
    • Cable bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Telephone bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Gas, electric or water utility bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Checking or savings account statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 • Credit card statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 and
    • W-2 form(s) from the candidate’s employer for the 2010 and 2011 tax years.

Candidates aged 21 or younger have the option of submitting three of the proofs listed above or, as an alternative, candidates who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of their application to take the exam may provide:

(a) A diploma from a New York City Public High School; or (b) A transcript from a private high school in New York City showing a New York City address for the candidate; or (c) A GED certificate issued from a New York City institution during the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 to a candidate who presents evidence that his last school enrollment was in a New York City Public High School -AND- one additional proof of residency, from the list above.

The Fire Department of New York reserves the right to accept other documents in lieu of the above, under special circumstances which validate various living arrangements as determined by the Department and approved by the Department of Citywide Administrative Services.
    yea, noticed that about the residency requirement, then i went and slipped into a deep depression..........

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    yea, noticed that about the residency requirement, then i went and slipped into a deep depression..........

Have you got any kind of veteran's or legacy, bro?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Have you got any kind of veteran's or legacy, bro?
    nah, wish i did. Last test i legit moved and all, didn't fake anything, I cant even begin to describe how ****ed off i am right now; but it is what it is

Forum Member

Still a shot man. Dont give up hope. Get that 100, ace the physical and there's still a shot. At least, thats what I'm telling myself.

Forum Member

Thumbs down Stop the Dept of Social Justice. NOBAMA

Quote Originally Posted by joeybatts View Post
    According to the Vulcans, the test in 99 & 03 had a "pattern and practice of intentional discrimination against blacks." In which they sought out and sued for tons of money, that of which, by reading the court documents they announced that the money will not go to every Black and Hispanic who took the test, but those that scored around the 20% or higher bracket. Basically stating that the people who perhaps weren't taking the test serious enough, weren't entitled to their relief funds. In some eyes you would think the lowest test scores were getting discriminated against the most, in which should be the first entitled to that free unearned money. Remember garafus in court? "what's the different between someone who scored a 99 and a 80, they will both be great firefighters" Well what's the difference between a 20 and a 10? I know, the guy with the 20 actually bubbled in all C's and gets 10 years backpay. But nonetheless, the 2007 exam 6019 was created to help improve the minority success rate, in which it did. But due to disparate impact ( a certain race didn't do as well as another race ) they deemed the results invalid by analyzing the data of the test takers race. Which in all retrospect held back the more determined and qualified minority test takers from getting hired. Now Charney states "If we don't know what the test-taker's race is, it's going to be hard to analyze the data to make sure there's no disparate impact," Fdny test 2000 deja vu anyone? They won't let hiring start off this new list unless numbers are right, you heard it from the horses mouth. Why would you have to monitor disparate impact on an exam that was monitored by a special master in the first place, that her job was to make sure the test wouldn't be biased. So then it has nothing to do with the exam content? Putting down your race this time around can lead to more long courtroom battles and further delays. Think about it, how can knowing our race be so important to them this time around? If you were burned from 6019 and were labeled a casualty of war, and don't want these fools in your way during round two, then don't fill out the optional information. This way we can let our scores get us called for processing and not our race.
    Right on target!! You can bet that there won't be a single FF hired if this

BS does not meet the courts and more importantly the Judges liking.

Remember there was a big increase in minority eligible candidates on #6019

and the judge didn't even want to here about it and issued his own set of

rules. What about the 64 Civil Rights Law. None of the lawyers willing to

comment on the courts forcing applicants to check off the race block on

the test. What about the appeal that Bloomy stated on his weekly

radio show he would have the City legal dept file. Support #6019. Stay safe.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BTown View Post
    Right on target!! You can bet that there won't be a single FF hired if this

BS does not meet the courts and more importantly the Judges liking.

Remember there was a big increase in minority eligible candidates on #6019

and the judge didn't even want to here about it and issued his own set of

rules. What about the 64 Civil Rights Law. None of the lawyers willing to

comment on the courts forcing applicants to check off the race block on

the test. What about the appeal that Bloomy stated on his weekly

radio show he would have the City legal dept file. Support #6019. Stay safe.
    the most frustrating thing, we have no idea what will happen in anyway. If the results are the same will the city settle for quotas? if not will they fight for 6019? if so, how many classes will you get from a list that is so old? There are so many variables that I could puke thinking about it. There is only one thing every one of us can do and that is study and get ready for what is sure to be an extremely difficult physical test if it's not the CPAT.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post

I ended up having to click white, this judge is sneaky, he knows that I was so close to the cutoff that I would have admitted to anything. Seriously thou, that was a sneaky foolproof way of making one click a race.
    I wonder if filing in person on paper gives you the option to omit the race question. Something very important to consider. Strange how they offer a $5 dollars off if you file an online application that requires you to list your race, don't you think? I'll file in person and find out, in the meantime someone please take a screenshot and share it if you happen to file online. Don't overlook the first thing the NOE states, these results are subject to the judges approval, so if you havnt already filed, please hold off. We have a couple months to do it, I know were all anxious but let me find out if we actually have the option to practice our rights to not be discriminated once again. DONT FEED THEM THE RACE DATA!

Thread Information