Page 577 of 618 FirstFirst ... 77477527567574575576577578579580587 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,540 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Officially filed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joeybatts View Post
    I wonder if filing in person on paper gives you the option to omit the race question. Something very important to consider. Strange how they offer a $5 dollars off if you file an online application that requires you to list your race, don't you think? I'll file in person and find out, in the meantime someone please take a screenshot and share it if you happen to file online. Don't overlook the first thing the NOE states, these results are subject to the judges approval, so if you havnt already filed, please hold off. We have a couple months to do it, I know were all anxious but let me find out if we actually have the option to practice our rights to not be discriminated once again. DONT FEED THEM THE RACE DATA!
    Thanks in advance

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joeybatts View Post
    I wonder if filing in person on paper gives you the option to omit the race question. Something very important to consider. Strange how they offer a $5 dollars off if you file an online application that requires you to list your race, don't you think? I'll file in person and find out, in the meantime someone please take a screenshot and share it if you happen to file online. Don't overlook the first thing the NOE states, these results are subject to the judges approval, so if you havnt already filed, please hold off. We have a couple months to do it, I know were all anxious but let me find out if we actually have the option to practice our rights to not be discriminated once again. DONT FEED THEM THE RACE DATA!
    I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if you file by hand if they will accept it if you leave the race question blank.

Forum Member

Default exam 2000

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I've got to run to work in a few, so I am gonna apply later on today. I don't wanna rush through it and screw anything up lol. But I just logged on to see if you guys noticed the residency requirement. I'll bold something pretty damn important that a couple of you may have overlooked in there:

NEW YORK CITY RESIDENCY CREDIT: Points equivalent to five percent of the maximum possible final exam score will be added to the final exam score of those candidates who qualify for the New York City Residency Credit. To be eligible for the residency credit, a candidate must achieve a passing score on the examination, and must produce proof, as listed below, of the candidate’s continuous residency in New York City from July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011. Candidates interested in seeking the residency credit must apply by following the instructions which will be provided on the date of the computer-based test. Merely supplying a New York City address on the application form for this examination does not serve as a request for the residency credit. Requests for residency credit must be received by DCAS before the eligible list is established.
    Eligibilityfortheresidencycred itwillbeinvestigatedandverifie dbytheFireDepartmentofNewYork. Inability to produce the required verification of residency documents for the continuous period of residency will result in the forfeiture of the New York City Residency Credit and an adjustment in the final score. Under no circumstances shall a Post Office (P.O. Box) address be accepted as proof of residency. As in the case of any intentional misrepresentation of a material fact on an employment application, candidates who claim New York City Residency Credit and who are determined to have intentionally misrepresented facts concerning New York City residency shall be terminated if they have already been appointed and/or disqualified and their names shall be removed from the eligible list, and they may be subject to criminal sanctions.
    Candidates applying for New York City Residency Credit must provide any three of the following:

• Mortgage in the candidate’s name valid during the 12-month period between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2011
    • Cable bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Telephone bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Gas, electric or water utility bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Checking or savings account statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 • Credit card statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 and
    • W-2 form(s) from the candidate’s employer for the 2010 and 2011 tax years.

Candidates aged 21 or younger have the option of submitting three of the proofs listed above or, as an alternative, candidates who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of their application to take the exam may provide:

(a) A diploma from a New York City Public High School; or (b) A transcript from a private high school in New York City showing a New York City address for the candidate; or (c) A GED certificate issued from a New York City institution during the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 to a candidate who presents evidence that his last school enrollment was in a New York City Public High School -AND- one additional proof of residency, from the list above.

The Fire Department of New York reserves the right to accept other documents in lieu of the above, under special circumstances which validate various living arrangements as determined by the Department and approved by the Department of Citywide Administrative Services.
    That's a good way to prevent many individuals from Long island and other areas outside the 5 boroughs to fake their residency. Its better this way as opposed to exam 6019 (given in Jan 2007) where you had to prove resideny from March 2007 to March 2008.

Forum Member

so you have to provide any 1 of the three?

Forum Member

Default fdny

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Candidates applying for New York City Residency Credit must provide any three of the following:

Jameson_12
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brooklynborn View Post
    Name:  how-to-learn-to-read-2.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  26.4 KB

Forum Member

lol.......

Forum Member

Default fd

How are tie scores seperated on the exam? Does dcas do it by the last 5 digits of your social?

Forum Member

lol I read it, its still a little early in the day for me. I am actually from brooklyn and only have W2's in my name and maybe checking account statements. Why isn't drivers license a choice.

Forum Member

Default .4.11. Candidates With Same Final Examination Rating.

.4.11. Candidates With Same Final Examination Rating.

Whenever two or more candidates in an examination receive the same final examination ratings, their respective place on the resulting eligible list shall be determined for administrative reasons only by a sequence of the number derived from the last five and then the first four positions of their social security numbers.

Rules of the City of New York

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrSanitation2 View Post
    .4.11. Candidates With Same Final Examination Rating.

Whenever two or more candidates in an examination receive the same final examination ratings, their respective place on the resulting eligible list shall be determined for administrative reasons only by a sequence of the number derived from the last five and then the first four positions of their social security numbers.

Rules of the City of New York
    what does that mean? Last 5 I assumed meant they'd just take the last 5 #s, and the lower SS # goes higher on the list, but the first four positions is confusing me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    lol I read it, its still a little early in the day for me. I am actually from brooklyn and only have W2's in my name and maybe checking account statements. Why isn't drivers license a choice.
    I'm in the same position. All I have are W-2's and bank statements.

For me, for 6019, they accepted college bursar receipts and a notarized statement to prove I lived in MY FAMILY'S HOME. If what I have all of a sudden isn't good enough this time around I'm going to be very angry.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post
    I'm in the same position. All I have are W-2's and bank statements.

For me, for 6019, they accepted college bursar receipts and a notarized statement to prove I lived in MY FAMILY'S HOME. If what I have all of a sudden isn't good enough this time around I'm going to be very angry.
    I doubt it, If you are like me and truly live in NYC then I would imagine they would have to work with you somehow. I have lived here my whole life and have high school and college diplomas from here, two licenses, insurance cards, W2's etc. Just no lease

Forum Member

Filied... I know it's still a long shot I get in and a long ways away if I were ever to get in but to have a little hope that one day I'll leave this mind numbing soul crushing 9-5 office job is a nice feeling to have for once.

Never has it been required from any other agency, department or city that I tested with (and it's been a few) that I had to fill in anything based on race, sex or orientation. This has always been "voluntary information".

Talk to your lawyers.

Forum Member

Ok so my comp wont load the file page. And from my understanding of reading the How to apply section is that my only other option is to go down in person? cause I remember mailing it in for 6019(yes I know alot has changed just was saying)

HOW TO APPLY: If you believe that you meet the requirements in the “How to Qualify” section, you may submit an application on the Online Application System (OASys) at www.nyc.gov/examsforjobs. Follow the onscreen application instructions for electronically submitting your application and payment, and completing any required forms. A valid email address is required to file online. Several internet service providers, including, but not limited to, Google, Yahoo, Hotmail and AOL, offer free email addresses. The following methods of payment are acceptable: major credit card, bank card associated with a bank account, or prepaid debit card which you may purchase online or at various retail outlets,
    or money order payable to DCAS (Exams). If you pay online by credit card, bank card or debit card, you will receive a $5.00 discount. Computer terminals for online filing, money order payments and paper applications will also be available for you to apply for this examination at the DCAS Computerized Testing Centers. The centers will have
    extended hours Monday through Saturday from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Never has it been required from any other agency, department or city that I tested with (and it's been a few) that I had to fill in anything based on race, sex or orientation. This has always been "voluntary information".

Talk to your lawyers.
    It's a shame, isnt it? But the fact is, eventually, they'll see the pale-faces at the background portion and find some reason to keep them out. Be it in the exam or final interview, you cant hide the color of your skin. The problem is that its about skin color at all. We were all afforded the same opportunities in high school. If you are stupid, it shouldnt be my problem just because I may be more pale than you. I have indian in my blood. Can I claim that? No

Forum Member

AnchorC, you using a mac? Mine won't let me either. I don't think it supports safari. I'm either gonna have to hit an Internet place or do it in person...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    AnchorC, you using a mac? Mine won't let me either. I don't think it supports safari. I'm either gonna have to hit an Internet place or do it in person...
    I did it on a mac. Download Firefox, its faster than safari anyway. Also make sure when you're in the oas system and the NOE page comes up that you guys scroll all the way down and check the box saying that you read it. Then click apply for exam.

Thread Information