Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 587 of 618 FirstFirst ... 87487537577584585586587588589590597 ... LastLast
Results 11,721 to 11,740 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

6019. 6019. 6019.
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-08-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Stop the Dept of Social Justice. NOBAMA

Suppose 1000 blacks file for the test and only 200 get a passing score. What

happens next? That's why the vulcans will not sign off on their ability too head

back to court when the numbers just don't add up. Years ago here in Boston

if you wanted to be a cop you studied the blue book. If you wanted to be a FF

then you studied the red book. Both books contained nothing but info that

pertained too each job no other BS. All the active as well as retired members

here in Boston think that this is headed down the same old road again. Support

rank order hiring off #6019. Never give up. Stay safe.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FairHiringFDNY View Post
    true but I am shocked that only roughly 6000 people applied so far. Though no mention of hispanic, asian or any other race. Also how many of these people are truly interested. Should be interesting.
    yea me too, i mean its only been going on for 2 weeks but you would think there are alot of people who would have sighned up instead of waiting around...but guess since its open for 2 months they are just taking there time

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SI6019 View Post
    The Department of Sanitation is also hiring 300 guys this fall. If anyone is on list 6063 and needs any info feel free to PM me. Second best job in the city, still has the 20 year pension (not for long though) and is a great way to get your city time going
    They dont have 20 year pension anymore same tier 3 as everyone else

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Haha, it is fantastic! <--- Sarcasm to its max. The discipline crew on the pd could be lurking the forums and ****. Hahaha. To be completely frank, I'm freakin miserable, bro. I have to keep reminding myself every morning that I'm only doing it for the FDNY. And no, I'm not striving to be the top of my class. I'm just aiming to pass. It'll be a different story if/when I get to the Rock, though. I'll be extremely motivated, and will go all out in both the academics and pt. And I'll do all this with a smile on my face every freakin day.

Watching that youtube video is depressing, yet, very uplifting at the same time. I really hope they begin the "Remedy" phase this month. Gotta keep praying.
    Enjoy the academy because when you graduate it justgets worse.
    If you learn one thing in the academy it should be dont write B's

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
    They dont have 20 year pension anymore same tier 3 as everyone else
    DSNY (NYC SANITATION) still has 20 year retirement. First class of 100 will be hired in sept

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Haha, it is fantastic! <--- Sarcasm to its max. The discipline crew on the pd could be lurking the forums and ****. Hahaha. To be completely frank, I'm freakin miserable, bro. I have to keep reminding myself every morning that I'm only doing it for the FDNY. And no, I'm not striving to be the top of my class. I'm just aiming to pass. It'll be a different story if/when I get to the Rock, though. I'll be extremely motivated, and will go all out in both the academics and pt. And I'll do all this with a smile on my face every freakin day.

Watching that youtube video is depressing, yet, very uplifting at the same time. I really hope they begin the "Remedy" phase this month. Gotta keep praying.
    ive been telling myself this since 2005 lol.

enjoy 10 day hits for b summonses and standing on footposts in the middle of classy neighborhoods. it only makes you hungrier and train harder.

Forum Member

If anybody wants to throw up, go to the DailyNews website, and read up....Levy went after Dean Tow in Brookyln Court for hiring 2 of the cops in the Diallo shooting.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrSanitation2 View Post
    DSNY (NYC SANITATION) still has 20 year retirement. First class of 100 will be hired in sept
    New hires will go into tier 3. When Patterson vetoed the tier 2 extender new uniformed employees automatically to tier 3 because tier2 was eliminated unless you were already in it.

Forum Member

Default dsny

New hires will go into tier 3. When Patterson vetoed the tier 2 extender new uniformed employees automatically to tier 3 because tier2 was eliminated unless you were already in it.
    the tier 2 extender has to do with cops and fireman of nyc. sanitation is under NYCERS tier 4 20 year retirement plan. they still have 20 year retirement and so does nyc corrections.
    Last edited by QCFRANKC; 08-01-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Forum Member

Matty,

What are you talking about don't write b's??? Don't write anything!!!!!

Forum Member

Enjoy the academy because when you graduate it justgets worse.
    If you learn one thing in the academy it should be dont write B's
    That went waaay over my head. I have no idea what B summonses are, yet, and I definitely don't know why it should be avoided. Lol. I'm looking to jump ship just like the rest of you guys.

I watched "Brotherhood- Life in the FDNY" twice now and it gets me pumped/depressed all at the same time. Oi... I still believe that the Higher Power will set this ***** straight.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbUsr...layer_embedded

If this isn't racist and discriminating I don't know what is. Not one single white male on here. When are they going to get it. These people don't want the job. What a joke! If it was the other way around and there was no blacks in this video, the vulcans would be all over the news with this. We truly are the minority today. I'm so sick and tired of people being given handouts. I'm white and I've had to work my butt off my whole life for everything i have and very proud of it. I'm a member of 6019 and still outraged that someone could even think for a minute that test was discriminating. It was basic English and Math. Don't be mad at us because this is more than a job or paycheck. It's a way of LIFE!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RustyFF View Post

If this isn't racist and discriminating I don't know what is. Not one single white male on here. When are they going to get it. These people don't want the job. What a joke! If it was the other way around and there was no blacks in this video, the vulcans would be all over the news with this. We truly are the minority today. I'm so sick and tired of people being given handouts. I'm white and I've had to work my butt off my whole life for everything i have and very proud of it. I'm a member of 6019 and still outraged that someone could even think for a minute that test was discriminating. It was basic English and Math. Don't be mad at us because this is more than a job or paycheck. It's a way of LIFE!!
    It's a disgrace that the Dept is literally in the crosshairs of public opinion a month before 9/11. Two days in a row now I go on the Daily News & Post websites to see them getting scrutinized for BS hiring practices.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RustyFF View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4f9zR5yzY

Dont act like white isnt the easiest race to be. Watch the vid and pay attention to the underlying message. We've had it pretty good for a long time. You can say you've worked hard, sure, but until youre a black or hispanic man or woman being judged before you even speak, dont say you've had it hard.

I understand you've worked hard for what you've had but you cant sit there and type that the deck isnt stacked. There are people looking for handouts on both sides of the racial divide. Keep working hard and it will pay off.

Forum Member

FDNY's new recruitment video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iiK7y4tWfU just slap the CALL 311 AND ASK ABOUT FIRE FIGHTER EXAM TODAY! at the end of the video.
    Last edited by Soon2beFDNY; 08-02-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4f9zR5yzY

Dont act like white isnt the easiest race to be. Watch the vid and pay attention to the underlying message. We've had it pretty good for a long time. You can say you've worked hard, sure, but until youre a black or hispanic man or woman being judged before you even speak, dont say you've had it hard.

I understand you've worked hard for what you've had but you cant sit there and type that the deck isnt stacked. There are people looking for handouts on both sides of the racial divide. Keep working hard and it will pay off.

Sorry man, but you've got to be kidding me. First of all name one advantage that white people have (right now) over minorities? I'll give you one, you're born white and into a family that lives in a nice neighborhood, with access to good schools and your parents make enough money for you to have a few nice things and go do a few nice things. But what's the underlying factor in that advantage? IT'S OUT OF OUR CONTROL. Nobody chooses what race they are born, or what family they go to. But lets now look outside of that, what else do white people have that minorities don't? Hmm last time I checked, I don't get financial aid....why? Because I work my a** off and don't qualify because of it. I don't qualify for scholarships, or grants either, why? Because I'm not a minority. I don't qualify for government aid or assistance in the form of food, healthcare and housing, why? Because I'm not a minority. I don't get assistance helping me find a job, why? Because I'm not a minority and I'm expected by society to go find my own job and do all the leg work myself. I don't get "extra" help for testing for fire departments, why? Because I'm not a minority. Honestly man, name one thing right now that whites have an advantage on, other than something none of us had any control over? Right now in today's society a white man could pave a sidewalk and if a black man tripped on it, he could sue the white guy for being racist against the way a black man walks and win! White people are being discriminated against left and right. I'm not saying there are not amazing amazing minorities out there, because there are. In fact there couldn't be anything farther from the truth then to say that minorities are what make america the great melting pot of diversity that it is today and has always been. But what is going on right now is a complete cultural shift into blaming white people for everything. And the truth is white people have definitely made some mistakes in the past, no question, but all races have made mistakes and white people are out there everyday working just as hard for what they have as anyone else. So enough about this...."it's easier being white" business. It's nonsense.

Forum Member

Again, I'm guessing you're white. You sound blind to the truth. You sound like one of thee guys that thinks its easy being black. Have you ever been black? Ever been black at an interview for a job where you're the only black guy?

The justice system is pendulum, not a balance. It swings one way and hangs for a bit, then it swings the other way and hangs for a bit. Its on the minority side now and will hang there for only slightly less time than it hung for whitey. Fight what you like but injustice or not, dont act like the white man hasnt had this coming.

I want this injustice to cease but I'm being a realist and understanding that the sufferages of our minority counterparts were far greater than this. When you talk about the the handouts, you're speaking about a small group of people, not all minorities. As far as the scholarships, dont act like you wouldnt have taken a scholarship because "its not fair to the other races." Stop being mad because the "justice" system is favoring one group over the other. The minorities found a card they like to play and in most cases, they sound ridiculous when they use it. Less than 20% minority in a workplace is huge. On the police side, there is a mandate of minorites, nationwide. In Delaware its 13.5%. Hell or high water, the departments must have this. It exists and isnt going anywhere.

Do you want food stamps? Do you want to live in Section 8? No. And you have a choice. Some people dont have a choice so stop bunching them together. Yes, there are groups who take advantage.....as said on both sides.

Try to refrain from calling our country a melting pot. We're much more like a salad. Yea we're in the same place but you can tell the separate ingredients. It's funny to say that white people are working everyday. I cant help but laught at this. White has what white gets because of his skin or his parent money made from the minorities hard labor. Maybe in a few hundred years when early 1900s white money is gone and we're all the same color, things will change. Until then, take your medicine and try to fight back as best as you can all while understanding that payback is tough.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Again, I'm guessing you're white. You sound blind to the truth. You sound like one of thee guys that thinks its easy being black. Have you ever been black? Ever been black at an interview for a job where you're the only black guy?

The justice system is pendulum, not a balance. It swings one way and hangs for a bit, then it swings the other way and hangs for a bit. Its on the minority side now and will hang there for only slightly less time than it hung for whitey. Fight what you like but injustice or not, dont act like the white man hasnt had this coming.

I want this injustice to cease but I'm being a realist and understanding that the sufferages of our minority counterparts were far greater than this. When you talk about the the handouts, you're speaking about a small group of people, not all minorities. As far as the scholarships, dont act like you wouldnt have taken a scholarship because "its not fair to the other races." Stop being mad because the "justice" system is favoring one group over the other. The minorities found a card they like to play and in most cases, they sound ridiculous when they use it. Less than 20% minority in a workplace is huge. On the police side, there is a mandate of minorites, nationwide. In Delaware its 13.5%. Hell or high water, the departments must have this. It exists and isnt going anywhere.

Do you want food stamps? Do you want to live in Section 8? No. And you have a choice. Some people dont have a choice so stop bunching them together. Yes, there are groups who take advantage.....as said on both sides.

Try to refrain from calling our country a melting pot. We're much more like a salad. Yea we're in the same place but you can tell the separate ingredients. It's funny to say that white people are working everyday. I cant help but laught at this. White has what white gets because of his skin or his parent money made from the minorities hard labor. Maybe in a few hundred years when early 1900s white money is gone and we're all the same color, things will change. Until then, take your medicine and try to fight back as best as you can all while understanding that payback is tough.
    Payback? You sound like a real ignorant moron saying that. The fact you deem this crap acceptable is ridiculous. Your attitude is exactly what's wrong this country right now, and jerkoffs like Levy and Garaufis should be ashamed of themselves.

Forum Member

You're missing the point. I'm not saying its acceptable, I'm saying you guys sound like babies. White babies who've had it too good and now understand how hard some have had it.

If you'd like, I'd be happy to continue our discussion over PM but I will not further entertain a non-relevant topic in an otherwise useful thread
    Last edited by FDNYPD; 08-02-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Thread Information