+ Reply to Thread
Page 595 of 618 FirstFirst ... 95495545585592593594595596597598605 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,900 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Default He truly is mentally retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    2. of your post only proves my point. The standards need to be lowered.
    Again for emphasis^^^

Not another post by him should be dignified after that.

Forum Member

This arguement doesnt have anything to do with our discussion but since you brought it up... You're saying that infantry is dangerous. Agreed. So youre making the argument that blacks dont want to fight in the war because its dangerous. So is fighting fire, right? But is it as dangerous? No. There are more deaths per incident in war than in fighting fire, especially in the last decade. The benefits of working for a fire department are far greater than those provided by the US armed forces when weighed against occupational hazzards. Mentioned in the last page, FDNY is one of the post highly coveted public sector jobs because of the benefits. Stop bring up the idea that blacks just dont want to fight fire because its dangerous. As I stated before, its a cop out. An excuse
    The only excuse that I've seen in this entire Bullcrap scenario is that tests are discriminatory. It's the never ending story with the Vulcans, and people of the same character level. When they're upset with results, they fall back on things in their back pocket (in the Vulcans view it's their race). Why else would they go from claiming exams are bias to now saying the firehouse environment is no different than the South in the early '60s.

Also, Oren the reporter proved my point perfectly. "As to the substance of the issue you raised: the judge didn't pinpoint specific questions as biased. But he found two things: bottom line, the number of minorities accepted through the exam was disproportionately low." This reply was to my question of how can a written standardized exam (with no cultural questions involved) possess any bias towards to 1 specific group. All he did was spit back the nonsense that the judge spewed at us after he saw the results were up to his liking.

For you to say lower the standards just shows the low level of seriousness you have for this job and I guess your life as well. You're asking a department that is full of guys who risk their lives everyday to start filling their ranks with people who are less qualified to fill a racial gap that nobody created but the people who take these exams. Why don't we start hiring the deaf and blind if we're going to hire the dumb as well. I'm shaking my head and laughing as a I type because your comments are nothing but a sick joke.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiliMaster View Post
    Listen, seriously, GTFO here. You are clearly here to do nothing but spew blanket statements and bull**** rhetoric with zero facts to back it up. Even worse than that is people provide facts to you and you either completely ignore them or you take them, spin them how you want them to be, and tell half truths with them. You having differing opinions isn't why nobody here likes you, its the fact that you spew bull**** that everyone knows is a half truth at best and you expect everyone to agree you're right.

Your stupidity is endless and dangerous. Take your hypotheses, your skewed numbers and your bull**** back to the 2000 thread so the guys who will actually have to suffer through probie school with your derelict *** can get a head start on hating you. Good luck being a ******bag and hit the bricks, mongo.

Catch all you boys on the email list, at meetings and doing everything for the Tunnel to Towers again this year... I'm done with the assinine **** that this forum has become.
    1. I dont expect you to agree with me. Our greatest feats as Americans have come from disagreements.

2. Asking questions is how I learn. I ask why and do not take information blindly on the internet. If I play devils advocate, I get more information from you. Not "Gee golly willickers, guyz. Thanks for the info!!!" If I come here to ask questions, I would get the stereotypical "Use the search button, Newb." No. I'm engaging the individuals with the most intelligence on the subject. I now know who many of the players are and fully respect their knowledge on the subject. Dont like it? Hit the back button and go where the river is calm and all agree with you. Stick your head back in the sand where you're obviously more comfortable.

3. I pray no one likes me. As a leader, its expected to meet opposition.

FairHiring and the others who understand what a discussion is, thank you for engaging me in proper discussion.

Forum Member

Deleting posts and account.
    Last edited by FairHiringFDNY; 08-19-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Forum Member

Good points. You are an exception. You helped the curve of the data but disparate impact is "disproportionately adverse." It's based on numbers and final scores. If only 3% of blacks scored well then something is wrong. Are you saying that only 3% of blacks studied? You are assuming that the folks who are claiming discrimination didnt study. Perhaps someone can post the actual percentage numbers as I am unaware.

2. of your post only proves my point. The standards need to be lowered. It takes no more intelligence to be a firefighter than it does a police officer so why are the test standards so high? When I say high, I am speaking in terms of what disparate impact has shown. Physical fitness is of greater importance in fire fighting but its irrelevant to our discussion. The fitness test of both NYPD and FDNY are easy, as far as I'm concerned.

3. The NYPD is larger but since these numbers work on a percentage, size doesnt matter. 3% is 3%

You closed your ears when you saw I didnt agree with the majority so I'm not upset that you dont want to hear me. Keep your eyes on the prize and graduate from NYPD's academy. It's a public forum and if you look up it says, "Discussion." That being said, there are very good points from both sides.

What remains unanswered and dodged is the question of why someone cant oversee the hiring proceedings. If someone came up to me in my place of employment and said, "I dont like what you're doing," it's better for me to say, "well come on back. I'll show you that everything is on the up and up." Things go a little easier when you can show that you have nothing to hide rather than just state that nothing is wrong. The FDNY is attempting to say, "I'll tell you when it's raining." That doesnt fly anymore. With corporate corruption running rampant, people want answers and proof, not smoke and mirrors. This is the point of Oren Yaniv's email to you, Vek.
    FDNYPD, I "closed my ears" when you started spewing out idiotic posts. As someone else mentioned, you did not take the 6019 exam and have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about. As Fair has stated, our list consisted of 36% minorities in the top 4000. If anyone has had preferential treatment during the entire process (exam prep, medical, physical, psychological, background, etc.) I'd be agreeing with your stance wholeheartedly. But as someone who had gone through all the hurdles, I can honestly tell you that the entire process was merit based. Don't cry foul because you (not you, specifically) didn't score well on the test. Don't blame the FDNY; if anything blame the Dept. of Education.

From reading all your comments in this thread, it seems like you're against merit based hiring and want preferential treatment. If I scored higher on the written exam than another minority candidate, I'd best be placed higher on the list. And yes, I'm a minority as well- more so than the African Americans.

Finally, you wrote, "It takes no more intelligence to be a firefighter than it does a police officer so why are the test standards so high?" This proves that you have no clue what you're talking about. If you look at the test prep books for both departments, you'll know that the difficulty for both is quite comparable. So why do we have more blacks in the NYPD compared to the FDNY? Hmmm, this is strictly my opinion, but maybe it's because they don't want to be firemen? I don't know. That's a question only those who haven't taken the test would know.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

First off, fdnypd you're completely wrong about lowering standards that would not resolve the issue. Most of the people who score well on the exam are most likely over qualified as it is, lower the exam standards(which is tough to do) and those people have even more of an advantage than the people the department would be lowering those standards for. Also what job can you make $100,000 after five years with no college? Believe me standards can't go any lower.

For everybody who thinks this issue about arrests records is new and thinks the exam is the only thing they're claiming is bias, read this.

http://ccrjustice.org/files/VulcanSo...arge_08_02.pdf

Even in 2002 when they filed they're complaint with the eeoc they mentioned the background investigation and recruitment. Even if we don't agree with the vulcan's they went about things the correct way. When Capt. Washington was pres. he expressed his concerns and filed a complaint. No big uproar as far as I can remember and as far as my searching has led me to believe. They didn't call on some reverend to go around ranting and raving. As a matter of fact they first went to the Public Advocate who agreed with them and called out the department to no avail. It was then that they felt they weren't being taken seriously and did what most in their situation would do. I gotta say I can't really blame them for that. Unfortunately for us, its 10 years later and this still hasn't been resolved.

Forum Member

So, the registration period for exam 2000 ends Sept 15th and I was wondering if we had any more recent figures as to the number of people registered and percentages of minority applicants. I remember a couple weeks ago it was similar to 6019 at that point. Also what do we think the chances are that when the judge doesnít get his numbers we see the registration date/ test pushed back another month?

To FDNYPD, your arguments are nothing more than the same specious reasoning that the Vulcans have used at this point. "There are only 3% blacks so the FDNY must be racist", "My great-grandfather is old so he must be racist. (classy by the way)", Itís like me saying my sneakers must keep away tigers because I've never been attacked by a tiger while wearing them. But the bottom line here is, you DIDNT take 6019 so take your opinions about it off this forum. Also in what warped world do you perceive yourself as a "leader" asking the "tough questions"? I'd say go back to the exam 2000 thread but I donít want you there either.

Quote Originally Posted by 6019eligible View Post
    Washington DC,
    -For years you had to live in the district to apply. a majority black city will give you a majority black fire department under that mantra. This policy was in effect when DC was super nasty, murder capital of the world etc.....

Now DCFD uses a 'write your name test' and they give residency points.
    and Fairfax County
    -Hires who they want from an applicant pool, using the exact same 'write your name test' that DCFD and chicago for that matter do; and up until recently blatantly and openly discriminated on promotional exams (against white guys)

i hope you realize a firefighter union wouldnt exist, the fifth man would have been eliminated a long time ago and a firefighter salary would be way lower because it produces no profit for the economy.
    - i wrestle with this every election. while morally and socially i am fairly conservative (not glenn beck conservative, but more right than left) I agree with that part of your post 100%.........I voted for thompson
    Last edited by SleepyHollow; 08-18-2011 at 02:32 PM.
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

1. I dont expect you to agree with me. Our greatest feats as Americans have come from disagreements.

2. Asking questions is how I learn. I ask why and do not take information blindly on the internet. If I play devils advocate, I get more information from you. Not "Gee golly willickers, guyz. Thanks for the info!!!" If I come here to ask questions, I would get the stereotypical "Use the search button, Newb." No. I'm engaging the individuals with the most intelligence on the subject. I now know who many of the players are and fully respect their knowledge on the subject. Dont like it? Hit the back button and go where the river is calm and all agree with you. Stick your head back in the sand where you're obviously more comfortable.

3. I pray no one likes me. As a leader, its expected to meet opposition.

FairHiring and the others who understand what a discussion is, thank you for engaging me in proper discussion.
    "Troll: Online Message Board member who goes against the grain to cause unrest among other members.

This guy is either "Trolling" or very, very stupid" -FDNYPD 2/26/2011

Shut up

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    First off, fdnypd you're completely wrong about lowering standards that would not resolve the issue. Most of the people who score well on the exam are most likely over qualified as it is, lower the exam standards(which is tough to do) and those people have even more of an advantage than the people the department would be lowering those standards for. Also what job can you make $100,000 after five years with no college? Believe me standards can't go any lower.
    I mispoke on the lowering the standard. I will clarify. Fire fighters should be of high ethical and moral character possessing a background suitable for the job. These standards should remain high. The intelligence standards may be too high in this regard but since I didnt take the test, I dont have a gauge and spoke out of turn. Apologies all around. Basic reading, reasoning and problem solving skills are all that is needed to attend an academy. I wouldnt want to be rescued by someone who is mentally unfit but what level is unfit?

Forum Member

I mispoke on the lowering the standard. I will clarify. Fire fighters should be of high ethical and moral character possessing a background suitable for the job. These standards should remain high. The intelligence standards may be too high in this regard but since I didnt take the test, I dont have a gauge and spoke out of turn. Apologies all around. Basic reading, reasoning and problem solving skills are all that is needed to attend an academy. I wouldnt want to be rescued by someone who is mentally unfit but what level is unfit?
    Put it this way. If the exam gets any easier, I'd be confident in having my 6 year old nephew come in and take it.

Forum Member

Ok but thats a subjective view. One that a lot of people seem to have. That I understand but civil service exams are easy for me too. What about the other guy? Maybe he's having a hard tome. What kind of questions are there? Are we talking reasoning and logic or showing a picture of firetruck and asking what color is the firetruck?

Ok but thats a subjective view. One that a lot of people seem to have. That I understand but civil service exams are easy for me too. What about the other guy? Maybe he's having a hard tome. What kind of questions are there? Are we talking reasoning and logic or showing a picture of firetruck and asking what color is the firetruck?
    Why are you here if you dont know the answer to these questions, jerkoff?
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

he has to be trolling

Yo! Scumbag. You haven't even taken the test by your own admission.
    (Drivel)... 2. ...The standards need to be lowered...(Drivel)
    That's all I got out of that post. Why is this? So you can actually pass it if you did?
    (Drivel)... 3. I pray no one likes me. As a leader, its expected to meet opposition....(Drivel)
    I wouldn't follow you into the shallow end of the kiddie pool.

Your pointless posts have clogged up a good thread too much already. Step away from the computer and...
    Pack sand Troll.
    Last edited by ffbam24; 08-18-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Forum Member

May we never forget the Deutsche Bank Building tragedy. 08/18/2007
    Rest easy men.

Joseph Graffagnino, 33, of Brooklyn, and Robert Beddia, 53, of Staten Island, who succumbed on the 14th floor to smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning, and injured 115 firefighters, 46 seriously enough to require medical leave

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FairHiringFDNY View Post
    May we never forget the Deutsche Bank Building tragedy. 08/18/2007
    Rest easy men.

Joseph Graffagnino, 33, of Brooklyn, and Robert Beddia, 53, of Staten Island, who succumbed on the 14th floor to smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning, and injured 115 firefighters, 46 seriously enough to require medical leave
    Amen... God bless them and their families.

Forum Member

I have been away from this forum for a long time. I come back and read some posts and besides the posts honoring 2 heroes that gave their life in the line of duty 4 years ago the rest is all BS!!! What is going on? There seems to be a real fight still left for 6019 and those of you that havent taken the exam yet, this is as much your fight as it is ours on 6019. Do we think that if the results from the new exam are the same or possibly worse in "disparate impact" standards that rank-order hiring will occur?? Or will some hard working young men and women simply be passed up because of the color of their skin?? Turn on the television, read the paper or just look outside. There are so many things going on in this world threatening the way of life for good, hardworking Americans of all genders, races and creeds. Unless you are on this forum to help, please get lost.

That being said. Where do we stand in our fight for 6019? I have not heard too much in terms on when this already dragged out joke of a lawsuit will come to an end. Does the city plan to appeal? Is there anything we can do other than bickering back and forth on this forum? Agree with the IBEW union and the Verizon workers or not but they are out there fighting for what they believe. Standing together as one trying to make a difference. What are we doing???

Equal opportunity for all means special privilages for no-one.

Forum Member

.............................. ............
    Last edited by ChiliMaster; 08-19-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Forum Member

i cant find on the noe where it says how many points will be for vets. is it definetly 5 has any vets heard? i hope it is, now with the stiffness in residency requirements those 5 points will mean alot more since the city isnt just dishing out 5 points to kids who dont deserve it by faking residency, i think this is a good thing for both vets and residents. iam a vet from long island who took 6019 but didnt fake my residency. so i feel alot of vets and true residents were definetly adversely affected on 6019 leniency

Thread Information