Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 600 of 618 FirstFirst ... 100500550590597598599600601602603610 ... LastLast
Results 11,981 to 12,000 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Unreal. Getting this job is officially like a lottery win with 61k applicants.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Seriously, did this ****in judge just forget about us? I thought he was going to render his remedy earlier this month. Hope this guy knows that karma's a b!tch...
    Completely agree. The city filed all the exam info with the court 2 days ago so there is really nothing else anyone can say at this point except for the judge. Dude seems to have a serious Power Complex and he's showing it BAD right now.

Forum Member

on an unrelated note

http://www.firehouse.com/news/top-he...t-ga-firehouse

This is their idea of a joke?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by remoray229 View Post
    on an unrelated note

http://www.firehouse.com/news/top-he...t-ga-firehouse

This is their idea of a joke?
    Ladies and gentleman, this is what the lowering of standards gets you.

Forum Member

Heard from a few guys that the "practice test" was not easy, especially the math portion. A lot of them seem to think this test will be thrown out as well with lawsuits to follow. Just speculation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiliMaster View Post
    Ladies and gentleman, this is what the lowering of standards gets you.
    No two ways about that. I mean at one point it sounded like gunfire, that is in no way funny, you get a couple of guys that are serious and do something about whats going on thinking its the real deal....and you'd have a serious problem on your hands.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RustyFF View Post
    Heard from a few guys that the "practice test" was not easy, especially the math portion.
    This is a feeling I got from reading through one of the books that PSI recommends. I voiced this on the 2000 thread yesterday...

Forum Member

Heard from a few guys that the "practice test" was not easy, especially the math portion. A lot of them seem to think this test will be thrown out as well with lawsuits to follow. Just speculation.
    What else do we know? brush up on basic math....anything else?!

MembersZone Subscriber

First off, I want to wish the best of luck to those of you who applied. I am from the west coast and was really debating if I should apply. In the end, I chose not to apply. From doing a little research, I found that the FDNY's current hiring practice is literally being taken over by a judge, which is unfortunate. So in my mind, FDNY has their hands tied when it comes to hiring, again which is unfortunate. Again good luck to all who applied, and may the best come your way.

Forum Member

i heard the exact same thing

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    i heard the exact same thing
    Was out at dinner the other night with 2 guys on the job who took it. Both said it was much harder than the exams they took to get on back in '99 and '02. The math was supposedly tough enough that the chief in 1 of their houses had difficulties answering some of the questions.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Was out at dinner the other night with 2 guys on the job who took it. Both said it was much harder than the exams they took to get on back in '99 and '02. The math was supposedly tough enough that the chief in 1 of their houses had difficulties answering some of the questions.
    I really hope this is the case. A hard test will certainly thin the herd of 61K plus people out there. At least the math stuff you can practice for if you actually care and do well, unlike the BS subjective "strongly agree/ disagree" questions. I'd rather take the series 7 than another test packed with those chili questions.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I really hope this is the case. A hard test will certainly thin the herd of 61K plus people out there. At least the math stuff you can practice for if you actually care and do well, unlike the BS subjective "strongly agree/ disagree" questions. I'd rather take the series 7 than another test packed with those chili questions.
    Hahaha totally agree. Direct quote from 1 of the guys I was with: "Dude there were fractions on the test. I haven't seen a fraction in 15 years!"

Only problem with a test like this is that if the results don't come out the way people want it then we might be seeing the same kind of reaction that we saw with 6019. I know the judge has to sign off on the exam, but that doesn't mean he has to sign off the results.

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Yes. Congratulations to the Vulcans for forcing the department into having a new test developed that in actuallity is more reading and arithmetic laden than previous tests.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Yes. Congratulations to the Vulcans for forcing the department into having a new test developed that in actuallity is more reading and arithmetic laden than previous tests.
    Hey Bam, or anybody else who may have heard anything, any rumors about the physical? I'm getting a strong sense from the way I've heard people talking that the physical might be graded. This is something the Vulcan's have been if favor of and were actually saying should have more weight than the written exam.

Even who ever is answering everybody's retarded questions on facebook is saying that everybody who passes the test will take the physical. Which would make no sense if the physical is pass/fail and would be much more time consuming.

Forum Member

Okay, so the previous tests were discriminatory because of the results, not the test content, according to goofus, correct?

So, the new test will be academically more challenging (and academics have no place in the FD, say the vulcans--they want emphasis on oral communication and physical prowess they say).

So if and/or when the results of 2000 are not good enough for goofus or the vulcans, what's to stop either of them from filing another discrimination suit?

When's the 6019 appeal already!?
    Last edited by Waiting4Months; 09-23-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: wrong test #

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting4Months View Post
    Okay, so the previous tests were discriminatory because of the results, not the test content, according to goofus, correct?

So, the new test will be academically more challenging (and academics have no place in the FD, say the vulcans--they want emphasis on oral communication and physical prowess they say).

So if and/or when the results of 6019 are not good enough for goofus or the vulcans, what's to stop either of them from filing another discrimination suit?

When's the 6019 appeal already!?
    Wondering the same thing myself

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting4Months View Post
    Unreal. Getting this job is officially like a lottery win with 61k applicants.
    it wont be a lottery but it will be very hard for nonvets and non residents, also 61k is alot but there not all gonna show up or even take it seriously

Forum Member

A big difference this time will be the residency points. They will be a lot harder to fake this time around. You need to prove residency from june 30, 2010 to june 30, 2011 along with 3 proofs of residency.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Wasn't part of their legal argument that asking reading comprehension and mathematical questions is discriminatory because "blacks are generally less educated than whites"?

Thread Information