Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 603 of 618 FirstFirst ... 103503553593600601602603604605606613 ... LastLast
Results 12,041 to 12,060 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tny1771 View Post
    That's what the five options boiled down to in plain english.
    So what exactly does 93% white boil down to in plain english? Enlighten me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    What does the NBA being over 85% black boil down to in plain english?

Forum Member

And the NHL is 2.76% black... Maybe garaufis should tell all of the GM's of teams who they have to draft for the next 10 years.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiliMaster View Post
    What does the NBA being over 85% black boil down to in plain english?
    Nice try. Such a silly argument. The NBA is not a public sector, taxpayer funded, civil service job where anybody can apply. The NBA is a private entity in which private earnings are used to issue huge salaries to individuals with extremely rare talent and physical attributes. These PLAYERS are drafted, chosen by these private entities who are jumping over each other to attain the rights to said players.

Nothing about the NBA is fair, not the draft process and definitely not the salaries. Hockey is a lot more one-sided in terms of race than basketball is, I don't see the DOJ suing the NHL.

Forum Member

Boils down to a lot of motivated guys who get the job done. Just like the remaining 7% of the guys whatever color they may be. Those guys didn't ask for any "help" from anyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiliMaster View Post
    And the NHL is 2.76% black... Maybe garaufis should tell all of the GM's of teams who they have to draft for the next 10 years.
    Your issue shouldn't be with Garaufis. Your issue should be with the Department of Justice. Garaufis didn't ask for this case to come to him, the George Bush DOJ brought this case upon Garaufis.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Boils down to a lot of motivated guys who get the job done. Just like the remaining 7% of the guys whatever color they may be. Those guys didn't ask for any "help" from anyone.
    Did you know that most, not all but a large portion of the minorities on the job now came over from the ems side? Maybe you're right about motivation though, I know for some if the odds were stacked 93% against them, they'd have less motivation than if the odds were stacked 93% on their side.

Forum Member

Your issue shouldn't be with Garaufis. Your issue should be with the Department of Justice. Garaufis didn't ask for this case to come to him, the George Bush DOJ brought this case upon Garaufis.
    Garaufis
    was appointed Bill Clinton for his obvious leftist beliefs. The DOJ never forced him to make these absurd rulings. Actually I got a beef with anyone who says a standardized written exam can be racist because its the biggest load of horsecrap I have ever heard.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Garaufis
    was appointed Bill Clinton for his obvious leftist beliefs. The DOJ never forced him to make these absurd rulings. Actually I got a beef with anyone who says a standardized written exam can be racist because its the biggest load of horsecrap I have ever heard.
    I agree with you 100% on the test issue, the testing is a loophole and the DOJ took advantage of it, but this goes beyond testing. Which is what people are finally beginning to realize.

Forum Member

Did you know that most, not all but a large portion of the minorities on the job now came over from the ems side? Maybe you're right about motivation though, I know for some if the odds were stacked 93% against them, they'd have less motivation than if the odds were stacked 93% on their side.
    Ok whats your point? Still means they got thru the hardest part of the process...the actual academy. Passing a grade school written exam should not be a problem right?

Forum Member

I agree with you 100% on the test issue, the testing is a loophole and the DOJ took advantage of it, but this goes beyond testing. Which is what people are finally beginning to realize.
    Then what are you saying? There's a specific plan to keep minorities out of the dept? That's absolute bull****. Over 30 pct of my class would have been so called "minority"

Forum Member

Why did you pretend you didn't support quotas by asking me where you said anything about them? When I answer you and say the 5 options you support are indeed quotas, you ask another question. Why pretend in the first place?

Forum Member

Oh and in answer to your 2nd question: In plain english, it boils down to.........ready for this.................93% of the fire dept is white. Nothing more, nothing less and I have no shame in saying so. I'm not a racist, I don't focus on color or boil it down to anything more than what it is. Best man for the job gets it and that's it.

I'm believe in the past you said you were a minority, although I honestly can't remember which descent you mentioned you were, Hispanic or black. Spare us these supposed isolated examples where white candidates with sh*t records got hired over other minority candidates with sh*t records or speeding tickets. Tell me in your case, since you've been involved directly in the hiring process...did you ever experience racial bias? If you have, you haven't breathed a word of it and it would be hard to believe now, since you haven't even intimated such.

Thankfully, the large majority of minorities on this job do not share your twisted thoughts.
    Last edited by tny1771; 10-06-2011 at 03:39 AM.

Forum Member

Nice try. Such a silly argument. The NBA is not a public sector, taxpayer funded, civil service job where anybody can apply. The NBA is a private entity in which private earnings are used to issue huge salaries to individuals with extremely rare talent and physical attributes. These PLAYERS are drafted, chosen by these private entities who are jumping over each other to attain the rights to said players.

Nothing about the NBA is fair, not the draft process and definitely not the salaries. Hockey is a lot more one-sided in terms of race than basketball is, I don't see the DOJ suing the NHL.
    Alright, then what does corrections being mostly black boil down to? Round and round you go.

MembersZone Subscriber

What goes beyond the testing? The entire case was predicated on disparate impact.

Which is nothing more than saying a disporportional ammount of blacks took the exam who weren't prepared and as qualified as a disporportional amount of Irish, Itialian, polish, etc. who were prepared and could demonstrate objectively they were the most qualified by merit and fitness.

It simply assumes that racism is at play because so many blacks failed the exam or scored poorly. They are incapable of proving any overt racism exists. in lieu of this they claim things like watching fox news and voicing dislike of afirmative action are actually forms of racism! It is a disgrace that when everything is racism, nothing is racism. This is the lengths they will go through to prove their meritless case.
    They admit this in court and it is a testimate to the PC atmosphere that has been erected around them that they aren't laughed off the stand.

This judge over reached and will have most if not all his edicts over turned.

FTM-PTB
    Last edited by FFFRED; 10-06-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    This judge over reached and will have most if not all his edicts over turned.

FTM-PTB
    God I hope you're right....

Forum Member

Ill tellya what it boils down to Washington/Coombs......the fact that some cant score well on test....because the civil service is an EOE test that is non discriminatory to all races....You take a test, get a score on the test,, and get a list number....so YOU enlighten me with THAT!

I have been trying to get a job in a bank on a trading desk for the last 4 years.....but yet they keep picking the asians, or the hindus,,,or the guys from MIT or the guys from YALE, Harvard, or Columbia....What do you say to that Washington/Coombs??? That is downright discriminatory!!! I know just as much as these guys yet i keep getting second best on interviews.....Sounds like Desparate Impact to me so I should get a handout like you???

Just admit that the civil service test it equal for EVERYONE!!!!! and that our 2007 was an 8th grade level test that everyone should have passed,, and If you didnt you dont belong on the FDNY.

Desperate impact is the biggest Crock O ***** that anyone could ever make up and you Washington/Coombs should be ashamed of yourself.....Martin Luther King would be soooooooo Dissappoionted in you! Live HIS dream. That everyone is EQUAL!

Forum Member

So does this permanent injunction mean the "remedial" phase is over and the city is free to appeal if they want to?
    FDNY Exam 6019 List# 14XX.
    Lawsuit Victim: Completed process, cancelled academy.

FDNY Exam 2000 List# 6XX.

Forum Member

I don't buy that the city is "not allowed" to appeal until x date. The city will get around to it if and when Bloomy thinks the situation has reached critical mass and he can squeeze out some more union give-backs.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting4Months View Post
    I don't buy that the city is "not allowed" to appeal until x date. The city will get around to it if and when Bloomy thinks the situation has reached critical mass and he can squeeze out some more union give-backs.
    Well the firehouse closings will def be put back on the table now that they're discussing cuts to EVERY department. If he gets those closings then the need for manpower would obviously decrease. It's amazing how we never hear any real positive news when it comes to this ****.

Thread Information