Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 604 of 618 FirstFirst ... 104504554594601602603604605606607614 ... LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,080 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

can he (garafius) hire someone to look over promotions within the department?

MembersZone Subscriber

<<<If he gets those closings then the need for manpower would obviously decrease.>>>

Along those lines, does anyone have a rough idea of how many people they are down right now? With no hirings for the past few years, I would think it's significant. Their overtime costs must be high.

Forum Member

per Chief of Ops today, 10/7, 370

Quote Originally Posted by MFES View Post
    ... Along those lines, does anyone have a rough idea of how many people they are down right now? ...
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    per Chief of Ops today, 10/7, 370
    Correct me if I'm wrong guys that are OTJ, but I feel that number would quickly jump a few hundred more the instant they start hiring (whenver that might be--2018 or so! haha) and OT drops off. At that point, I feel that a lot of guys who are making great OT and are eligible to retire will do so, since they'll almost never get the same "high 3" average that they've had the last 3 years.

Forum Member

http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/03/ne...ce-department/

Food for thought. Heard about this book on a radio show that I Never listen to. Talks about the Obama Justice Department having a racially biased agenda. Given our situation, it resonated with me and makes me believe that the chances of winning an appeal are slim.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by remoray229 View Post
    http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/03/ne...ce-department/

Food for thought. Heard about this book on a radio show that I Never listen to. Talks about the Obama Justice Department having a racially biased agenda. Given our situation, it resonated with me and makes me believe that the chances of winning an appeal are slim.
    That's all well and good, but keep in mind (before a whole new round of liberal bashing that will get us nowhere) that the lawsuit was orignially brought by George W. Bush' Justice Department and Alberto Gonzalez.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post
    That's all well and good, but keep in mind (before a whole new round of liberal bashing that will get us nowhere) that the lawsuit was orignially brought by George W. Bush' Justice Department and Alberto Gonzalez.
    The DOJ had to pursue the case back in '07. If they hadn't the Vulcan would of slammed the DOJ and GWB administration with racist claims just like the FDNY. Not sure what your political affiliation is here, but this liberal judge is the only individual that stopped 6019 from going through.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    The DOJ had to pursue the case back in '07. If they hadn't the Vulcan would of slammed the DOJ and GWB administration with racist claims just like the FDNY. Not sure what your political affiliation is here, but this liberal judge is the only individual that stopped 6019 from going through.
    The Bush Administration/DOJ could have said screw you to the Vulcans and to anybody else who claimed racism (much like they did to anybody who criticized their policies on torture or phone tapping or politicizing the DOJ) but you're right, this judge is liberal and he's wrong.

I'm just sick of the BS back and forth on the board about politics and race and conspiracy theories and everything else that's dragging us down. Anybody who took this exam knows it wasn't racist. Anybody with common sense knows the Department is bending over backwards to make sure minorities are aware of the next exam and have a chance to take it just like we did.

Hopefully the City can appeal soon and get a judge who isnt motivated by politics but rather by facts and we get a positive result.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post

Hey man, I am not engaging in "liberal bashing". My political affiliation is neither liberal nor conservative. I dislike Bush and Obama equally.

I am just bringing a story (i think my be) relevant to our situation to the attention of the people on the forum. I heard this author on the radio talk about examples of racially biased behavior inside the current DOJ that favors the black community. Since we are dealing with the DOJ over a Racially charged issue, that would effect us if it were true.

Like I said. Food for thought.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QueensFFCAND View Post

In another effort to diversify the ranks, Comrie introduced a bill that would give five additional exam points to applicants with a New York City high school diploma or GED, replacing the old residency credit. The measure was unanimously approved by the City Council in May, according to the lawmaker.

This is at least the third time I've seen the Queens Chronicle fudge things up about this fiasco. They sure have some quality reporters over there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    In another effort to diversify the ranks, Comrie introduced a bill that would give five additional exam points to applicants with a New York City high school diploma or GED, replacing the old residency credit. The measure was unanimously approved by the City Council in May, according to the lawmaker.

This is at least the third time I've seen the Queens Chronicle fudge things up about this fiasco. They sure have some quality reporters over there.
    Yeah I'm calling the editor's bluff that he knows how to read. A really informative response they got from the NAACP being happy with the judge's ruling. Real ****ing shocker right there!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Fire Department test doesn't discriminate against any group

Published: Wednesday, October 12, 2011, 1:37 AM

By Letters to the Editor/Staten Island Advance

by VINCENT ROMEO
    GREAT KILLS

In response to: ďJudge: Monitor must oversee Fire Department diversity effort.Ē Advance, Oct. 6:

I would like to offer a little advice to the non-black and non-Hispanic Fire Department candidates who will be taking the Fire Department entrance exam during January 2012. Band together and hire a reputable law firm and counter-sue the Vulcan Society and Judge Garaufis.

The Fire Department test has always been a fair test. Itís open to everyone and if you study hard and work out physically and score well, youíll get the job.

You also have to pass a medical exam and an investigation.

New York City is made up of a great many ethnic and racial groups, but only two go to court and try to gain entry to the Fire Department without competing honestly. Firefighting is a dangerous job and the requirements should not be lowered.

Hereís the secret to becoming a firefighter: Stay in school and do your homework. Donít take drugs. Donít commit felonies. Study and train for the test. Show up for the test and do your best. If you make it, God bless you and keep you safe. If you donít, try again and harder.

[The writer was a New York City firefighter for 31 years and retired as the captain of Engine Co. 28 on the Lower East Side of Manhattan.]

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QueensFFCAND View Post
    Nice use of language by Coombs - "Stupid Negroes". The fact this judge and others take this guy seriously is an absolute joke. No wonder why we have people protesting all over the City who have no idea what they're protesting about or why they're there.

Forum Member

Talking

Nice use of language by Coombs - "Stupid Negroes". The fact this judge and others take this guy seriously is an absolute joke. No wonder why we have people protesting all over the City who have no idea what they're protesting about or why they're there.
    pot kettle?

Forum Member

Bloomberg: FDNY doesn't need special monitor to watch treatment of minorities

Mayor Bloomberg is fighting back, telling a federal judge that the FDNY doesn't need a special monitor to ensure that minorities in its ranks are treated fairly.

In anticipation of a court hearing on the issue Thursday, the city argues that a court-appointed monitor isn't unnecessary because "the facts in this case do not justify such an appointment."

Three weeks ago, Brooklyn federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis ruled that broader judicial oversight of New York City's fire department is necessary because of the cityís "pattern and practice of discrimination against black firefighter candidates," as well as minorities already working for it.

He leveled scathing criticism at the city and accused Mayor Bloomberg of choosing "to ignore" the issue.

The case grows out of a 2007 lawsuit filed by the Justice Department, with the aim of forcing the city to hire more minorities at an agency where white men make up 93 percent of the 11,000 firefighters in its ranks.

But this week attorneys for the city informed the judge that they object to the sweeping nature of the court's ruling and argue the oversight will be too broad and intrusive.

"The proposed order effectively places the monitor in control of FDNY's Office of Recruitment and Diversity, Equal Employment Opportunity Office, Candidate Investigation Division, and Personal Review Board. As a general matter, the city objects to the scope of the monitor's duties," city attorneys wrote.

The issue will be discussed in greater detail at the hearing before the judge, with Justice Department lawyers and attorneys representing a fraternal organization for black firefighters also weighing in.

mmaddux@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...#ixzz1bBCem8Lu

Forum Member

Guess my 100+ score makes me a Stupid Negro. So what Black applicant who passed this test isn't a stupid Negro in his eyes?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    Guess my 100+ score makes me a Stupid Negro. So what Black applicant who passed this test isn't a stupid Negro in his eyes?
    Come on now...obviously only the intelligent people are the ones who side with him and his bunch of cronies.

Thread Information